Hey Sup Forums, I'm looking for some spiritual and theological advice...

Hey Sup Forums, I'm looking for some spiritual and theological advice. I'm currently a member of the Methodest Church and I've grown to disagree with the basic principle of "self priesthood". Also, most Methodist and other prodistant churches are now LGBT affirming and I cannot take it anymore.

I'm looking to convert to one of the more conservative parts of christanity and I'm debating about Catholicism or Orthodoxy. I've read many catholic authors and they seem like good, God fearing men, but when you actually look at the regular people attending Catholic Mass, it's nothing more than old white liberals. I don't know much about orthodoxy so I'll reserve judgement.

Any anons have some good advice for me?

Other urls found in this thread:

sbc.net/bfm2000/bfm2000.asp
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Southern Baptist
Very conservative

Excommunication

Catholicism is on the same path as the Methodists. If you want conservative, I would say go Baptist. Catholics are fags.

Source: Am a missionary baptist. Best friend is a methodest preacher.

I can only speak as a Catholic, but you have to shop around to find a good congregation and a good set of priests.

I was thinking about that, but I just have a fundamental disagreement with self priesthood. I believe that Christians can never been united if everyone is allowed to inturpurait the word of God differently

I live in a smallish town in the Midwest and we only have one Catholic Church in about 45 miles

FPBP. Come join us OP, it's True American Christianity

sbc.net/bfm2000/bfm2000.asp

Y, salvation is dependent on your faith in Christ, not what a man in a funny hat says, Catholics teach non biblical doctrines, you would be better off staying Methodist

Meant to reply to

Calvinist or Arminian

Yeah, I know. If you're going to jump denominations anyway then you might as well play the field in your area a bit to see what mix of practicality and ideology speaks to you. In some sense, that's against your original complaint of self-interpretation, but it seems like you have already self-interpreted a certainty that what you're doing now isn't right.

Arminian. Why do you ask?

Oh I'm a Calvinist

>be Southron Nationalist
>Be Catholic
it's suffering

Be Baptist, super conservative, strong sermon based services

>shopping around for a religion

isn't that kind of admitting you know it's not real?

I know it's real, it's more about finding a church that is biblically consistent and meets your taste

Let them be, they are in their home of the crazy religions. IN GOD WE TRUST HURR DURR

Eh, more like seeking the truth. Follow your heart. I wasn't raised into any religion, but I felt called towards the Baptist church

No, it's knowing what's real and what's not.

>Catholic.

What's keeping you from putting your trust in Christ

great logic, as always, freethinker

No such thing

I feel like I am actively restricting my so called mental spirit and my thoughts to a set limit, if I serve as a follower to a god. I feel like I would then give in to the imagination of being a helpless mere human, who cannot stand on his feet without god's help.

God is not real.

Would you say that Joshua and Moses stood helpless,

If God is with you, no one can stand against you,

God doesn't want helpless human beings. You have total choice to do whatever you can imagine. I don't know what kind of imagination you have that would make God a problem.

Atheist here. What sort of church should I go to for finding a girl that isn't a complete degenerate psychopath?

Hard mode: I'm in Washington state west of the Cascades.

Do you not understand that what you described is exactly what you are, or are you simply too filled with pride to accept it? We all stand in need of God's mercy, in need of Christ. We cannot stand alone. Weakness, yes, we are quite weak, but to quote St. Paul, God's strength is perfected in our weakness.

I would suggest a more fundamental church. Like Church Of Christ. They don't do that at all.

wew lad that is hard. No clue unless you get a girl from the country side or something

The major difference between Catholics and Orthodox is that the Catholics believe in a theological basis for the Bishop of Rome to have supremacy over all other bishops. Orthodox believe the Bishop of Rome has a merely ceremonial distinction over other bishops. This is a historical question you can investigate yourself but studying how the early church operated.

I'm a Catholic. I think it is unrealistic the way the Orthodox believe the Church can remain unified and orthodox without central authority. Institutions don't tend to work that way.

None.

Yes he is and you know he exists
Romans 1:18-22
Your stoborness is keeping you from being saved, without Christ, you will be held accountable for every lie, theft, Blasphamous words, etc before a just and holy God,

Change your mind and put your trust in Christ, it's that simple, why are you trying so hard to damn yourself

Put your trust in Christ, and the Holy Spirit will guide you

Catholicism has tons of conservatives too. Especially the smaller the town is. Super Super Liberals aren't catholic in general, but a lot of Christianity is all about voluntary redistribution of wealth, so I don't know if you can get away from a few Liberal ideas in general

7th day Adventist

I visited seatlle and if i wasn't a junky the amount of needle caps and whole needles i saw was disgusting.

I've walked through ghettos where i score without seeing any needles because that shit isn't tolerated.

And that's the key word, tolerance. It ruined Colorado and from what i saw it ruined WA as well.

Dont even get me started on the Tent cities. I'm not your typical Sup Forums authoritarian anti-degeneracy guy but this was just too much. You had children walking around and there's just uncapped syringes in the parking lot.

Seriously WTF. alot of places have heroin problems but your users are inconsiderate as fuck.

I always break my needle and throw it in like a coke bottle then close the bottle THEN throw it away. Tossing it on the floor like its a cigarette butt is insane.

wtf i hate Seattle now

Would you agree that you make yourself weak by believing that you are born in god's mercy and in need of christ? Isn't that all a mind game?

The regret of not having believed in a god before you die, is the thing that keeps you away from abandonning your faith. You fear that you won't come in the paradise or that your judgement will go not well, if Jesus comes on the promised day.

You set yourself in a submissive position.

I don't want that.

Southern Baptist, no queers there
Presbyterian Church PCA also not pozzed

Both were founded proslavery in schisms around the time of the States' War. Both reject faggotry to this day. Both a full up with gun toting rednecks.

>pro-refugee
>conservative

>countryside
That might be doable, actually. I live a short drive from countryside and Indian reservations.

I can appreciate the philosophy without literally believing the stories in the Bible. The things that Christianity promotes aren't necessarily 100% aligned with how reality works, but it's a good framework for building decent human beings compared to edgy nihilism or Islam or what have you.

I've tried christianity and islam, and I just couldn't have faith.

I'm jealous of all of you. I really wish there was a God but I don't believe there is one. I'm not a fedora. I really wish I could believe. How does one foster faith?

I was led to islam because the trinity confused me. Said the shahada and everything but then gave up the next day because i was just kidding myself. I've considered of becoming catholic for a few years but never took the plunge. The faith required is a huge barrier for me. I don't even think that science disproves any of it, it makes sense to me that there could be a God. But I juts can't believe!

How do I fix this?

I know now that islam was a mistake and if I was to ever believe I would choose Christianity.

T H I S

H

I

S

Southern Baptists have gotten a tad liberial. Best stick to independent baptist. The hottest most faithful chicks are Baptists too OP.

Don't fall for the Catholic meme and their fag pope. Or the Orthodox and their Icon worship. Be a real man and forge a deep personal connection with God.

>Southern Baptist

I was raised as Baptist.

Degenerate as fuck desu

If you don't believe in the Lord Jesus Christ, then stay away from church. That's very disrespectful, on the level of going to AA without being an alcoholic just to pick up temperance chicks

Southern Baptist is usually pretty based. I agree. I'm not so sure on the mega churches but the one I recently went to I was really shocked that the doctrine was fine.

>flag is a cross
>doesn't believe in Christ

Will the Swiss ever truly recover?

Nope, the fact is that all have sinned and missed the mark of Gods standard, none of us deserve to be with God, we all deserve to be cut off from his presence.

Jesus made it so that those who put their trust in him will have their sins forgiven
John 3:14-end

i need some advice pol
i was really religious when i was young so where my parents.
the thing is i want to go back to church . The problem is i have not been to church in 14 years .
i have no idea what to do. If i will piss anybody off or not.

Most baptist are intolerant of Islam, atleast in the south

>The hottest most faithful chicks are Baptists too OP.

L M F A O

M

F

A

O

Biggest sluts in the South walk out of Baptist Churches.

They also can't into safe sexual practices.

Enjoy your herpes.

There are Goats in every denomination, but doctrine is based

Why do you think people will be pissed? Did you go through an in-your-face atheism face or something?

>on the level of going to AA without being an alcoholic just to pick up temperance chicks
Hey, that's not a bad idea. Thanks.

Orthodoxy

Whenever I post on this website noone ever responds. I don't know why I bother. I at least expected ">lol islam" responses.

Faith is a journey. Maybe some day you will be called, or you will call and an answer will come.

The US is far more religious and Switzerland's youth expiriences the european atheistic shift. Church gets more and more irrelevant.

>tru story

I visited 3 years a school in a catholic monastery of the benedictines. The only thing I found positive in religion was the community and the bonds and relationship these priests had with each other. The faith was just a tool to accomplish that.

This.
Just remember that being an Orthodox in America is suffering. Finding a church to attend can be really shitty.

i do not know i stopped going to church at age 6 .
They few memories i have of church was watching vegetales in a huge tv in the middle of the church.
so i want to be careful. i have fucked up many things in my life. But i do not want to fuck this up.

If this isn't bait...

Don't do that. Living with an alcoholic is an absolute nightmare. It is nothing but misery.

Read Romans 1

God has made himself known to you, but the suppressing power of sin can blind people from the truth

You need to fall on your face, ask God for repentance/changed mind and then put your trust in Christ

Suggested passages
Romans 1
John 3
Romans 10

>age 6

user you weren't even old enough to understand the gospel! Go to different churches and attend their service, see if you feel at home. Talk to the pastor/priest about the religion he preaches. They'll be more than happy to welcome you in. It's their life's mission to help sinners walk with Christ

Well if you don't believe in anything, maybe you should just have a blank flag ;^)

Depends on where you live. There's four different parishes in my city.

>cut off from his presence

This really eradicates any doubts about an existence of a god, amirite?

What is the appeal of being part of a specific denomination? Is it the sense of community?

Is it hard to love God without a church?

>try to destroy Christianity
>end up as Islam's bitch

I think the choice is clearer than it's ever been lads.

I'm not religious besides believing in God, but my dad basically said to me that Gof is a spirit who reveals himself to people in spiritual ways. Does anyone have any experiences with God the spirit revealing himself to them? How'd you know it was him?

That's what hell is, eternal separation from God, no love, no joy, no happiness
Maybe the fire is real maybe it's just an internal burning of torment

Nope, but church is good for Christians

Lmfao, ofc. You've got no clue what it really means to be a Swiss. We got religious freedom. We are not the christian republic you try to project on us.

I am sad that the only one who can give you hope in moments of despair, is just a product of a fantasy a lot of people believe in.

Farewell Spiritual Amerianon.

I'm in my denomination because I was born into it, my whole family is a part of it, and there's nothing so bad about it or so good about a different one that I want to change. That's really about it for me. I like to speak with people from other denominations just in case I'm really wrong about something important.

You can love God without a church, but what are you going to become a bible-expert monk on your own instead of taking at least some guidance from people who have already started arguing about whose wheel is best because it had been invented for that long already?

Yes, it's the sense of community and identity among Christ's disciples. But their are plenty of nondenominational churches around.

Church is about worshiping the Lord, performing certain rituals like communion, and allowing the preacher to teach the gospel. You could do this at home, but I don't believe it would be the same.

Conservative my ass. The Southern Baptists just threw their own founders under the bus by telling their congregations that people shouldn't be allowed to fly Confederate flags anymore because it offends niggers even though the Confederate flag is a Christian symbol and the Southern Baptist Convention was founded by Confederates and practically all of their preachers back in the day were Confederate veterans. All the SBC can do anymore is cry about fags having buttsex and trannies cutting their dicks off while their churches die off.

Yes, sometimes it's an emotional outburst, or sometimes it's revelation through events i.e. Thinking about something and having the question answered randomly by some event

Someone should have told my parents and grandparents then. I was raised Jewish but got dragged to Catholic Mass every Easter and Christmas with that side of my family.

In case you couldn't tell, that was dripping with sarcasm. I thought the reaction face was a tip off but I guess not.

We all know the Swiss religion is worshipping hordes of gold in dank mountain caves.

thank u user i will do that

So what is the appeal then mate?

Is it because your reading comprehension is so poor you need someone to read the bible to you?

I think most people just feel like they have to go or else they're a degenerate sinner. Wasn't Jesus anti-Church/Synagogue?

Noone knows. Confirmation bias, when something good/ something whished for happens

Check out the podcasts on Ancient Faith Radio.

and chocolate! Don't forget that!

Well it's hard to share the gospel with someone if they are offended by a flag at your church. If a person didn't accept Christ because they saw the confederate flag and went to hell, don't you think God will hold that church accountable

I have many life experiences where I happened to be in the exact right place at the exact right time, and I always thought to myself "This was meant to happen. I fulfilled part of my destiny at this moment."

One of the most intense spiritual experiences was when I was high, I just came to a certain revelation. I felt a divine presence with me, and I felt so connected to the earth. I got lost in meditation and prayer, and I kept talking about how much I love Jesus Christ. It also made me realize how I was living in sin and how I needed to stop using drugs so much and stop giving in to sexual temptations. Take that as you will.

Now wait just a minute here. Chocolate wrapped in gold? Isn't that what the Jews give each other for holidays?

I'm a former Episcopalian and recently started going to an Anglican Church of North America. I'm not familiar with the history but is it true the Episcopal church was dropped from the worldwide Anglican Communion? Is the Anglican Church in North America more conservative? The vicar was going on about being at struggle with the Episcopal Church but I have no idea why I didn't get a chance to ask him.

Only Hannukah. There's also ancient steganography, celebration of terrorism, and magic rituals to make oil reserves last longer than they should.

I can only imagine the Catholics embracing tolerance because their numbers are failiing to the point where they need fresh blood to pick up the slack in terms of both money and manpower.

Or is this not the case? Francis is basically if Bernie Sanders was pope

No it's about gathering together with other Beleivers to praise God and have fellowship, there are also other benefits like networking, making friends who are also Christ minded, and finding a girl who loves God

Are you asking for real? Idk about Judaism

Catholic. Only Church founded by Jesus on Peter.

Yeah that's basically it. Catholicism has been going downhill longer than I've been alive, starting with the end of Latin Mass.

>One of the most intense spiritual experiences was when I was high

Why am I not suprised

There are plenty of conversative Catholic congregations in the USA, and I would greatly advice you put in the effort to find a close by one.

Orthodoxy, if you must, is a path that the church respects and recognizes as a valid sacramentally, even if they do not offer full communion with the church.

Happy to help. Peace be with you, neighbor