This is my first avant-garde metal album and I was wondering where should I go from here? I couldn't find any charts...

This is my first avant-garde metal album and I was wondering where should I go from here? I couldn't find any charts, so I tried Deathspell's other stuff, but imo it doesn't strike that middle ground of being progressively odd whilst being coherently grounded.

Attached: 0006104006_10.jpg (700x700, 164K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=hsFaZFp9nAY
youtube.com/watch?v=Mp2R3TWZ9u0
youtube.com/watch?v=Wp9pzKbENQk
youtube.com/watch?v=bBXpKTw4Eh8&t=414s
youtube.com/watch?v=rCzn9MmyTco
youtube.com/watch?v=6vZ26D9e7Fg
youtube.com/watch?v=p4pc9XBfLt8
youtube.com/watch?v=WpkvY_Y4jno
youtube.com/watch?v=9tsI-CfmECw
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Attached: front.jpg (829x800, 54K)

Maudlin Of The Well
Peste Noire
Kayo Dot
Blut Aus Nord
Ved Buens Ende

thanks guys, I appreciate it

Attached: 1463135213351.jpg (1000x800, 61K)

youtube.com/watch?v=hsFaZFp9nAY

try this right now

Such good cover art

Attached: a1400061623_10.jpg (1200x1200, 678K)

good rec for this pleb

furreal tho
>2018
>like metal
>listening to DSO for the first time
>need charts and recs to safely seek metal that isn't too "avante-garde"

wtf have you been listening to up til now? in all seriousness try Krallice's Years Past Matter, might be what you're looking for.

Attached: 911inamerica.jpg (465x465, 258K)

DSO's Drought EP is very similar to that album.

like what I've heard of this a lot

this is p nice too

>like metal
I usually don't that's the thing
>need charts and recs to safely seek metal that isn't too "avante-garde"
time is a valuable thing to waste
>wtf have you been listening to up til now?
I've been on a neoclassical darkwave / dark ambient kick lately
>in all seriousness try Krallice's Years Past Matter
cool will do, thanks for the rec

lol I must have listened to all there EPs EXCEPT this one I'll give it a go

Attached: MASSCD0968DG.jpg (1425x1425, 254K)

their***

Kayo Dot only has like 2-3 metal albums, depending on how you slice it. Keep that in mind.

It depends of direction you wanna push into, but you might want to listen to Amenra, Cult of Luna, Neurosis, Years of No Light, Ufomammut, Ruins of Beverast, Blut Aus Nord, Leviathan, Sargeist...

But be sure to have a look at the whole discography of each artist, albums are often different from each other and inequally good, especially in Avant-garde and Experimental genres.

Pic related, not same genre but great stuff.

Attached: Corpo_Mente.jpg (1000x1000, 308K)

Oh and I forgot, you might also want to dabble in A Forest of Stars' and Ashenspire's discographies, especially if you come from Dark Ambiant, Dark Synth etc. And stuff like Dark Buddha Rising or Monarch! might fit you aswell but it all depends. If you want experimental stuff you've got a nice base with all those.

Yeah I've been going through the Kayo Dot RYM page, and it all looks really interesting, so I'll keep an open mind.

I think I might have just fucked up when I tried to get into metal when I was younger, when only finding getting NWOBHM and 80s power / speed /thrash stuff. A lot of it just sounded gaudy or tacky at the time idk how to describe it.

Awesome thanks a lot for the reply, user. I'll give everything at least one run through sometime this upcoming month, If any of it sounds like this I'll probably really dig it:

youtube.com/watch?v=Mp2R3TWZ9u0

Sounds good, I'm always looking for more dark ambient / synth.

Well I can't really guarantee you'll find the same thing, or even what you're looking for in general, but you might still like those if you want to get through experimental stuff that is a bit similar.

As for my second reply, those aren't Dark Ambiant/Synth they just might fit you if you like the genre, especially Dark Buddha Rising and Sludgy/Drone-y stuff like that. But it's a bit particular desu.

And Elend is a great choice btw.

Ah gotcha on those, either way all of those recs are greatly appreciated, I'm sure I'll find something out of all of those.

>And Elend is a great choice btw.

Yeah they are amazing desu,I love how sinister and grandiose The Umbersun sounds at times

If you like Deathspell Omega you should check out Blut aus Nord, Aosoth, Vi, Antaeus, Clandestine Blaze, Ascension, Funeral Mist, and Svartidauði.

Try the Angelic Process.

seconding Aosoth.

youtube.com/watch?v=Wp9pzKbENQk
youtube.com/watch?v=bBXpKTw4Eh8&t=414s

do you like dungeon synth?

Yup, yup I just need to dig deeper past the essentials like Mortiis, but these links look good

Good recs my man

Here OP, this is relevant.

Attached: 1499971234828.jpg (1974x846, 332K)

pyrrhon fucking sucks

heres some more obscure stuff
youtube.com/watch?v=rCzn9MmyTco
youtube.com/watch?v=6vZ26D9e7Fg
youtube.com/watch?v=p4pc9XBfLt8
youtube.com/watch?v=WpkvY_Y4jno

depending on what you're into, there's some very interesting stuff happening in the weirder end of the drone/doom/ambient spectrum. Look at bands like Sun 0))), Nadja, Om etc etc.
Less technical stuff and more pushing how far slow heavy sound can be taken.
Right now, I literally can't stop listening to this track, it's just floored me how good it is youtube.com/watch?v=9tsI-CfmECw

im glad im not the only one not into them i was confused when i listened because of all the hype

everything's just too muddled and the drummer's a fucking retard because he's just sitting there smashing the cymbals when he should be hitting the snare to emphasize the guitar rhythms

I didn't mind the cymbals. Call me a retard, but I thought it was interesting enough and didn't hinder from any part of any song. The album was enjoyable to me.