What is the absolute best ambient album you've ever heard?

I only somewhat recently got into ambient and some drone recently and want to know. I've stumbled on random charts posted here of ambient recs, but I'm curious what each person thinks is the actual best one ever made (as far as you've heard at least).
Mine is pretty unoriginal since I see it all the time. Was my first ambient album that I actually found myself loving, and it's still my favorite.
Ambient is the subject and the preference, but if you've got some great drone you'd rec, I'd live to heat it as well. Just not the insanely abrasive stuff that borders on sometimes metal, and sometimes just Pulse Demon-style harsh noise.

Attached: Apollo.jpg (600x599, 73K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=-Y3MqC9wRjs&t
twitter.com/AnonBabble

an empty bliss beyond this world

Attached: folder.jpg (600x602, 105K)

s-spoonfeed me!!

Please check this out OP...ambient/drone and is absolutely beautiful

Attached: R-479580-1173919893.jpeg.jpg (600x604, 193K)

For me, it's a tie between Biosphere's Substrata and Deaf Center's Pale Ravine.

I like the winterish ambient.

Does this actually count as ambient? Because if so then this is my choice. If not, I choose BrIan Eno's Ambient 4: On Land

Attached: grouper_ctwatw-700.jpg (700x700, 88K)

ever hear Deep Frieze?
youtube.com/watch?v=-Y3MqC9wRjs&t

A little further into the Drone spectrum but I see them as almost functionally the same these days

Attached: krank015-lp-front-1280.jpg (1280x1267, 103K)

Based

try Lull - Moments or Loscil - Endless Fall

Yeah but in case of SRF, I like the Alien-themed album more.

imo the best ambient album of all time is Chill Out by the KLF. However, definitely don't sleep on pic related.

Attached: rainbow dome musick.jpg (500x500, 34K)

This one is up there also
Dark Ambient > Ambient

Attached: Deathprod-MoralsandDogma_grande.jpg (600x600, 6K)

Ooooh yeah, I know this one. One of my favorites too. So fucking good - good choice. Their other stuff worth looking into? I've only listened to this and to the two members' solo work, which was also great.

Nice
Antarctica for me
Really? I "get" the concept of that album but I found it unbelievably lazy and bland in execution
Every time anyone criticizes this album all they get is "pleb" or "doesn't get it"

Sorry, I know I could look up "bust ambient albums" on Google, but Google just lists the most popular shit out there compared to getting nearly the diverse selection I would here, plus people are free to have discussion about posts from others.
I see no problem

>google
Just use RYM you dummy

I've seen RYM's top 100 before. I trust them no more than Google

Plus, I prefer to get individual recs from separate people who highlight their favorites, rather than just looking at albums with the most numbers behind them. People on here will have far more diverse recs

Ildefonso Aguilar's Erosión
Pascal Languirand's De Harmonia Universalia
Thom Brennan's Mountains
Bernard Parmegiani & Joseph Maria Mestres-Quadreny: Espaces Sonores Nº 1

Substrata is one of the best albums of the 90's.

(I fucking LOVE Chill Out. Got to listen to that again asap.)
Thanks m8s, this should keep me busy for a while!
Gotta love getting into a genre that you didn't like before, since there's so much good shit to find.