Does DCEU still have a future?

>Affleck no longer directing The Batman
>rumors that he might leave franchise
>Flash script getting rewrites
>Wonder Woman and JL rumored to be a mess

Why is WB so incompetent?

>Does DCEU still have a future?

did it ever?

Not gonna lie, former DC fag here. This is fucking hilarious watching The Batman crash and burn. But in all seriousness we can't let this superhero movie break a billion at the box office.

This is painful to remotely witness. Truly. All these negative news about the DCEU makes my flame for this franchise decreased

>>rumors that he might leave franchise
Huh?

It's unfortunate to watch these films critically fail, but once the dust has settled, all the critics will be revealed to be hypocrites.

In 10 years, the Snyder DC films will be hailed as classics. And all the smug fucking critics will be saying they knew it was great all along, it was just "ahead of it's time."

In 10 years they will be universally laughed at as the worst movies ever made

>making the Justice League when you could have made the Super Friends

they fucked up

KINO

the DCEU was dead on arrival. How much more money are they willing to lose? They haven't had a success yet.

I've been having hope for this franchise even after BvS and SS failed but after the news from yesterday and rumors Ben dropping out completely is a clear sign to jump ship already. Honestly I'll be shocked if Wonder Woman turns out to be decent.

After Justice League they are just going to reboot the whole thing with the Batman movie. Trash what they've done so far. What a giant shit-fest.

Considering not one flick has been decent yet I doubt WW has a chance.

MoS and BvS will be remembered as watchable, if less than stellar renditions of the characters. Nothing more. Suicide Squad will go down as a horrible, horrible rendition of the characters.

Anyone who still has hope is fucking delusional.

Keep telling yourself this Marvel cuck. There's no way the MCU is going to end well. There will be a token sacrifice, probably Captain A because he's the obvious one to kill off, and Thanos will lose, obviously, because these fucking movies are incredibly stupid and predictable. I'm not saying Infinity War will get panned, critics are too in the tank for these shitty movies to be woke so easy. But they will not please everyone and they will almost certainly not merit even a "fresh" from the obviously loaded Rotten Tomatoes metric.

I still haven't met a single person that didn't like BvS. All I hear is autists online repeating ad nauseum how it's "shit" while never providing a concrete reason besides "hurr it's too dark"

Disgusting opportunists projecting their own hate of the DCEU on Ben's personal decision to stop directing for a while, after Live By Night bombed, for the betterment of The Batman film. Hand in hand with news of Affleck leaving came reports of even more talented directors circling the project. Ben even had the integrity to break the news on a Monday as well and take the full brunt of the hyperbolic hate -- both a brave move and a strategic one to start the week on a low plateau and then build up with postive news the rest of the week (Aquaman casting news for example today).

Ben Affleck has more integrity than any of you cunts. Fuck off

I unironically liked Man of Steel. BvS and SS was absolute garbage though.

>and Thanos will lose, obviously, because these fucking movies are incredibly stupid and predictable.
holy shit mate you're predicting the bad guy will lose? WOW, what a risky theory!

>They DCEU sucks
>Oh you're wrong because the Marvel EU sucks
capefags fagging it up

Yeah I know right? An incredibly powerful alien who's essentially immortal is going to a lose to a group of morons plagued by in-fighting.

Why anyone thinks these movies are meant for adults, and not children, I do not know. But """"adults"""" keep eating this shit up.

How do you fuck up a franchise so badly? Marvlel literally pumps out 6/10 movies every year and rakes in millions. DC produces like 1 film and they get critically panned and don't earn enough to justify a franchise.

this level of delusion

I thought SS was...ok
But yeah the whole DCEU as a whole just feels really mehh. Are they really making a gotham sirens movie next? Seem like they have no idea where to take this franchise.

Affleck not directing Batman is probably for the best, that project is three times bigger in budget than anything he's directed before and probably 100x more complex. He's better off focusing on acting and producing.

I don't think any of the rumors that he's going to leave the franchise hold water.

user if you read comics you would know The Avengers never beat Thanos. Thanos is just a fucking nutjob with a hardon for Lady Death and losses by his own subconscious actions

Ben is slowly backing out and the rest will follow. Justice League will make or (more likely) break the entire DCEU. Feel for the guy though, I would be pissed if I was trying to promote my movie and all people kept asking me was "So what about The Batman movie?"

Thanos sounds like the ultimate fedora

>I still haven't met a single person that didn't like BvS
Oh man you sounded almost reasonable until this

>postive news the rest of the week (Aquaman casting news for example today).

Having cast Black Manta and casting Nicole Kidman has not given any positive reactions. DCEU is in trouble. Fucking DC stanboy Mark Hughes has heard Affleck is considering leaving.

I don't blame Affleck though. The blame clearly falls on the fanboys and media for constantly asking about Batman when he was just trying to promote The Accountant and Live By Night. Let's not forget how this is probably the same people that cursed his name when he was first cast as Batman. Every little thing he says in interviews is scrutinized and twisted for click baits. The man looks straight up tired of all this shit.

So yeah expect Thanos to quit after not getting some action and later become a farmer contemplating his cosmic virginity

I dont give a fuck about WHO they casted for Black Manta, because its a safe bet WB will fuck him up like they already have with Aquaman. Color me surprised if Flash and Aquaman actually get made after Justice League

Granted I don't meet a lot of people, but this is absolute truth. I showed this to a friend who had heard all the shit, and has no dog in the MCU v DC fight. His comment was, "it was a lot better than I thought it was going to be"

I'm waiting to show it to my bro who is something of an armchair cinema buff and is also completely uninterested in seeing it.

comics are dumb

>casted

It will probably have the exact same outcome as the comics. Sans all the cosmic entities.

Because marvel is its own thing that disney doesn't fuck with they just throw money at while DC is with WB and they do fuck with it and have a lot of other shit on their plate so they don't give the money or planing thats needed

Oh shit, thanks mein furher

JUSTice League

It's been dead in the water since BvS.

you're welcome, genosse

>done with DC
>WW/JL trailer drops
>get hyped
>movie comes out
>get let down once again

Sad how this will happen.

whatever you say Ben

they wanted the MONEY over any kind of artistic integrity which is pathetic considering its comic book movies

you can put out the most mediocre and safe comic book movie with a dude no one cares about and still make 500m and DC still can't make a good movie

there is absolutely no risk involved in these movies atm and they still cant make a movie that is a 3/10

Flash is quickly approaching development hell, what work not having a director or script yet, and getting shoved back for a Sirens movie.

The greatest achievement of the new superman and batman movies is somehow undoing the work nolan did within the space of two movies to make movies that will be remember worse than batman & robin.

DC, after the dark knight trilogy, produced a series of movies worse than batman & robiin. let that sink in.

>WW Trailer
>Hype
Who, who was hyped after that shit? Its the most underwhelming cape trailer in recent memory
Wouldnt be surprised, they need to get rolling by March and theyre doing another page one rewrite

Apparently the original script dealt with some police corruption, racism and Cyborg taking up way more screen time than Flash.

Just give me Lego Batman

>using le leddit excuse
go off yourself my man

>So much fun and better than dceu

Can't wait for those reviews tbhfam

I agree.

Director's cut BvS still one of the best "capeshit" movies.

Post yfw lego movie universe is better than DCEU

>I still haven't met a single person that didn't like BvS

Meanwhile no-one's met a single person that didn't like every MCU movie so who gives a fuck? People are retarded.

Most people agree the Thor movies are shit, and they are. I turned the second one off halfway through, and felt absolutely no regret.

I can't believe they're making more, it is the most boring aspect of the entire MCU.

Where did it go so terribly wrong?

Boring yet make the money they're supposed to. Something which DC has a problem with and not gaining much positive feedback from its viewers.

BvS wasn't even a box-office failure, despite getting flogged by critics. And money is not a metric of quality.

It under-performed and everyone knows it. When Batman meeting Superman for the first time on screen doesnt print money then something is wrong. Regardless WB considers it a failure

I am anticipating Justice League being one of the worst movies ever made. Snyder has already made a complete mess of things, now we get to see his take on a Marvel-type movie. It's gonna be a shitshow.

A movie starring the 2 biggest iconic superheroes should had made at least 1 billion.

Bin Batfflecki was a mistake. They shouldve gotten someone who would actually commit to the role. He was a decent Batman, not great, and not worth all the trouble they're having now.

That's all I needed to see.

Batman is DC's baby. He's the only DC superhero that a large majority of people love, and he's ALWAYS their one shot to break through. If you fuck up Batman, you fuck up the rest in a trickle-down. Batman is the top, and once he's fucked, your "universe" is fucked.

Karen Fukuhara´s career is dead.

Most people agree BvS was shit too.

>be watching justice league dark
>batman is one of the lead characters
>he's just standing in the background looking angry and confused as the others talk to invisible ghosts

>ITT comics that couldn't be made today

No, it does not have a future. That was pretty much the only thing that kept me invested in the future of this dumpster fire, that he would work with Terrio again, with no fucking Snyder or Goyer influence to fuck it up, and with that gone, there's no reason to give even half a shit.

Jesus Christ why.

Wonder woman already looks dumb. Justice league had a cool trailer so could be decent.

>I haven't met a single person that didn't like BvS
How many people can you meet living in your mums basement shitposting on Sup Forums all day?

>blacked

It was DOA.

This.

(you)

And movie with Avengers and Spider-Man shouldn't gross less than solo Iron Man movie.

>make a shit movie
>people call it shit
>cry about it
what a fucking girl

We can only deduce that Iron Man is the biggest character of them all.

They need to bring back Schumacher. Batman hasn't been good since Batman & Robin, even if people don't want to admit it.

Darkseid kek.
And this one is canon unlike the Thanos one

The New DC Universe movies are failing because of focus group testing and bureaucrats having more creative control than they should.

Each one of these movies is getting revised and refilmed constantly to fulfill suggestions by focus groups, and that's a bad way to make a movie. By shooting for broad appeal, they wind up with no appeal. Shoot to make the fans happy, the target demographic, and the others will fall in line. You cannot make a flavor that will satisfy all pallets.

Personally, I'm very sure there was a good movie somewhere within the edited and cut material from Suicide Squad, but there wound up 5-7 versions of that movie because they kept revising from focus groups.

That and I think Zach Shneider's directing, creative input, and production lacks vision. He made one really great super hero movie, The Watchmen, but lightning never struck twice. It's important to make the distinction between a good director and a director that had one very brilliant project, but no others.

>*tips*

>*action*
Begone from hence forthwith.

What did he mean by this

This

Ben Affleck is a cool guy.

It was doomed from day 1 thanks to Zack Synder and them wanting to do a blend between Synder's style and Nolan's style for a Superman film.

Synder is a great visual director, and can do a good job translating specific comics directly to the screen. But if he has to write any of his own material then it becomes complete mess. Synder should have just directed a straight live action 2 part adaptation of The Dark Knight Returns with Ben Affleck and a better actor than Henry Cavill as Superman.

WB was also overly ambitious to make a "cinematic universe" when they clearly hadn't put the time and effort into planning one that Marvel had over the course of what 8 years now?

MoS was a more than rocky start which set the whole universe into an odd direction.

BvS didn't help either with it bringing in too many concepts in too many odd ways. There was no reason to have Doomsday, the death of Superman, the introduction of Batman, a fight with Batman and Superman, and Lex Luthor all crammed into a single film.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

You are fucking retarded snyder is a hack.

Zack Snyder is one the last auteurs to still exist in the modern Hollywood system.

He'll be in text books

They need to just reboot this shit again, this series is obviously a huge bust and it feels like they're digging a huge pit for themselves now.

Get an actually competent director to headline your franchise (aka not fucking Zack Snyder), try to figure out what tone you want going for your universe (can't just shift into Marvel-tier humor after having 2 incredibly serious movies), and get actors who actually look somewhat like their characters (I liked Batfleck but Wonder Woman looks awful as does the rest of the Justice League cast).

I like DC comics a lot more than Marvel and it pains me a little to see them squandering such good characters on this mess.

No reboots, just keep going until you can fit in an in-universe excuse for a reboot, then pretend that was the plan all along.

>There was no reason to have Doomsday, the death of Superman, the introduction of Batman, a fight with Batman and Superman, and Lex Luthor all crammed into a single film.
kek you forgot Wonder Woman and Aquaman

And Flash, Cyborg, KGBeast, parademons and A Death in the Family references.

>the death of Superman
MoS, first movie of their universe introduces Superman

Second movie, BvS, Superman "dies".

Dumb and gay

>all those plebs itt and their terrible ideas how to *fix* DCEU

yeah, better let the (((experts))) at WB handle it

It's just proves how anyone that dislike DCEU is a purest pleb.

I bet all of you think The Force Awakens is a good movie.