Colistin-Resistant Gene Detected In The US For The Second Time

>Scientists may have identified a second patient in the United States infected with bacteria carrying the mcr-1 "superbug" gene, which makes bacteria highly resistant to a last-resort class of antibiotics.

>The gene is believed to have been found in a sample of E. coli bacteria from a patient in New York. The finding follows the discovery late last month of a patient in Pennsylvania who had a urinary tract infection caused by E. coli that carried the gene.

scienceworldreport.com/articles/42811/20160627/colistin-resistant-gene-detected-second-time.htm

Here's a month old video from David Cuckman explaining this.
youtu.be/ZM56qlfeOEw

Other urls found in this thread:

medicaldaily.com/seagulls-mcr-1-gene-drug-resistant-superbug-390609
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phage_therapy
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC90351/
nature.com/news/phage-therapy-gets-revitalized-1.15348
science.sciencemag.org/content/352/6293/1506.full
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3461137/
the-scientist.com/?articles.view/articleNo/42992/title/Targeting-Antibiotic-Resistant-Bacteria-with-CRISPR-and-Phages/
medicaldaily.com/antibiotic-resistance-superbugs-gonorrhea-treatment-383072
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>mfw niggers are literally going to end up being the death of human civilization

This is it

'Bout time.

Come sweet angel of death, bring me forgetfulness sleep.

> implying I'll get sick

>E. coli
Well this should deal with the ass-eater problem.

Yup, this is the bad stuff.

Everything else going on in the world pales in comparison.

Fuck.

how do you survive this?

how did they survive the black death

>bacteriophage therapy illegal in the US, actually works against antibiotic resistant bacteria

Fuck

daily reminder that different species of bacteria can transfer resistance genes to one another

humanity is 100% fucked lol

>Madagascar has closed its port

Finally.

so we're all good then

Time to go hide innawoods.

Welp, it's been nice knowing y'all

just make sure to take a bunch of penicillin with you.

>implying a single paper cut won't give you the death sentence thanks to superbugs
>implying plagues like the black death won't make a comeback

That can't be true. At least I hope it's not.
Why do we have FDA? It hurts more than it helps...

>Implying our immune system isn't more powerful than antibiotics

Bring it on viruses

GET ME THE HELL OUT OF NY

It's not actually a pandemic. It's an adaptation that is spreading among bacteria and making them immune to antibiotics, so infections will be much more dangerous.

medicaldaily.com/seagulls-mcr-1-gene-drug-resistant-superbug-390609

>The authors of a new study published in the Journal of Antimicrobial Chemotherapy have found a highly drug-resistant form of Escherichia coli in bird droppings they sampled in Lithuania and Argentina. This form of E. coli is marked by the mcr-1 gene, which is what makes it resistant to the powerful, "last-resort antibiotic" called colistin. Study authors believe that the seagulls picked up the superbug after eating sewage or medical waste.

>it's a fucking bird

Didn't believe any of this shit.

Its bacteria..

>black death with hopes of living

not anymore

of course you would know

you sicken me

The weak all died and the strong lived.

Pretty egalitarian really when you look at how it affected all classes of people.

Are you fucking retarded mate?

I just started an ER residency

I'll probably be gone in the first wave

the immune system of the entire human species is quite strong thanks to polymorphism, but as individual humans, 99.9% of us are completely and utterly fucked

also, surgery will no longer be an option in a superbug world

Well, this shouldn't come as a surprise. Antibiotika only go so far since we cant invent new forms of it when bacteria increases its resistance.

WW3 canceled everybody. Looks like we pandemic instead.

he's talking about the fact that black people are notorious for not completing their antibiotic regimens, which gives bacteria the perfect environment to develop resistance genes such as mcr-1

Privatization during calamity or experimenting with chemical warfare and the likes. Laws only exist for the plebs. Take the red pill already, faggot.

You are literally a nigger who knows nothing about medicine or microbiology... or a noob

E. Coli > Urinary tract infection
GAY!

So this is how we all die in ten years.
This the human erase button.

looks like we gave evolution the finger for a while but it's back.

At Least as men we won't die in childbirth. Dating game is going to get pretty competitive though since you got go through a few wives to get a family going.

Yawn. Garbage. Read your Bible, skip to the end. That isn't how it ends. We're fine, for now anyway.

good, maybe they'll get off their asses and move forward with genetic engineering to fix all this shit

Kek, I played that game too

Antibiotic resistance is the biggest meme ever. Do you really think viruses are evolving? It's just a trick to get whites to give their kids enough pills to kill off their gut bacteria and make them autistic.

No problem:

>Phage therapy.

>en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phage_therapy

>ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC90351/

>nature.com/news/phage-therapy-gets-revitalized-1.15348

There are viruses in nature that attack only bacteria. These viruses are incapable of infecting or harming multicellular lifeforms, and since they only attack individual bacteria, they are known as bacteriophages. Most of these phages (viruses) attack only specific types of bacteria, like only attacking just "strep" or only attacking the Cholera bacterium. Naturally, the bacteria die after the virus replicates within it and the explodes the cell to release its newly created viral clone army who then seek after new bacterium of the same type to infect.

The fun part is that you can purposefully introduce these phages into live human patients to kill off a bacterial infection. Essentially, the virus acts like a little army of terminators that seek out the infecting bacterium, and ONLY the infecting bacterium, and destroy them ALL. The best part is that the virus leaves the good native bacteria (like those in your gut) alone, while also not attacking your own human cells. These treatments are known to effect complete cures in infected patients, just like chemical antibiotics do.

Now here is the fun part. Bacteria have immune systems of a sort, like we do (though not exactly the same). However, this system is capable of handling only one challenge at a time. For instance, it can perfectly block an antibiotic from killing it, but then it loses its ability to defend against a virus that is going after it also.

This is how you overcome antibiotic resistance..

You inject phages AND an antibiotic at the same time, which leaves the bacteria with one of two options. Die via viral infection or by chemical assassination, because it can only defend against one of the attackers, but not both.

>The more you know.

more like a reset button, these thing can't kill everybody, but it will put the fear of death back into people.

This very hard. Preventing infectious bacteria from becoming resistant is why doctors always harp on finishing the compete dose, even if there are no longer symptoms. Any bacteria NOT killed due to incomplete dosing can develop the genes to become resistant as a result

>studying medical technology
>specifically pathology

How useful will I be

>but it will put the fear of death back into people.

Nope: Gotta love microbiology.

Funny that this post comes after mine, since that is how it ends.

There wont be a death of civilization. The mcr_1 or whatever doesn't make the bug resistant to everything just costalin which is concerning because it is the last resort and previously had not had any resistance. E-coli can be defeated by your body and theres a new batch of anti biotics on the way.

>Antibiotic resistance
>Do you really think viruses

Antibiotics fight harmful bacteria and not viruses.

>the niggers won't die
disappointing thread honestly

>MFW people don't know about how phage therapy and antibiotics can work together to fuck over bacteriums.

Is that bacteria eating virsus

>had a urinary tract infection caused by E. coli
Butt sex?

All you biological illiterate fearful betafags in here. This is what actually happens
>common cold is now resistant to antibiotics
>Get common cold
>After a while my own immune system finds the cure itself
>Only weak old people and babies die
Bring it

>Antibiotics
>viruses

I see what they mean by American education.

>there is only one type of antibiotic
>new antibiotics can never be made
>there are no other ways to deal with bacteria
christ Sup Forums is fucking retarded. We adapt and move the fuck on.

she wiped back to front

oh I thought it was a guy

>>bacteriophage therapy illegal in the US

The research is not.

>science.sciencemag.org/content/352/6293/1506.full

>actually works against antibiotic resistant bacteria

BULLSHIT.

>Combining forces to target bacteria

>ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3461137/

The problem is it takes time to adapt, and in that time many people can die.

We should have had a solution in place before, but the CDC is always too busy studying lesbian mating habits than actually doing its fucking job.

>Not containing the person immediately and then exterminating them
We are so fucked

>What is tuberculosis?
>What is horizontal gene transfer?

>en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phage_therapy

I hope it works because I really don't want to live in the hellscape that is a world without antibiotics.

You have no idea m8

The rate at which new antibiotics are being developed is steeply declining.

>David Cuckman
>Cuckman
>cuck

Common cold is a virus europoor.

Let's all take a moment to thank American doctors for handing out antibiotics like candy, allowing the resistance process to speed up

fucking kek

>mfw flag

Actually, Turkey is the country that uses the most antibiotics.

I hope humanity develop nanomachines before bacterias/viruses become resistant to every drug and kill us all.

We'll be fine.

No more eating out...time to get serious with this homesteading.

You can't use meds for the common cold idiot. Its a fucking virus.

We probably will.

It's the rest of the world that is going to be in serious trouble and that isn't without its geopolitical consequences.

Go and buy as much food and water as possible, and quarantine yourself in your house. Keep in mind these bugs will kill off the old, the sick, and the weak. If you are fit and healthy, with a strong immune system, you could survive just fine. If you have to go out in public, wear a full body covering, gloves, and a gas mask. Once your done sterilize evreything

There's another way of treating antibiotic resistance. It's a gene editing tool called CRISPR and people are trying to cut the resistant genes away from bacteria.

the-scientist.com/?articles.view/articleNo/42992/title/Targeting-Antibiotic-Resistant-Bacteria-with-CRISPR-and-Phages/

Leaving NYC in the next week to go live upstate by a woods.

And not a moment too soon!

Africa and South America will be fucked. Asia too.

Be prepared either way man.

i guess they just change the genes and then spread the altered bacteria everywhere so it out competes the old one? i read something similar with mosquitos, they want to breed out malaria carrying genes or something

maybe this will make faggots concentrate on more important shit than le intersectional oppression wars. help us, sweet jesus. praise be to kek.

If this spread the left would be killing third worlders out of fear.
Thats just how they are, self serving and care about no one outside their circle.

>If this spread the left would be killing third worlders out of fear.
No they wouldn't, they're literally suicidal. They'd willingly infect themselves with these diseases and intentionally spread them in white countries to help us check our privilege.

bump

I'm really worried about India in this case... waaaay too dense of a population with terrible hygiene and access to major airports and shipping lanes.

>he hasn't been training his immune system in preparation for this
>taking the Semitic antibiotic

Yep, it's ass-to-mouth and ass-to-ass homos who are spreading this like wildfire

Same with super gonorrhea:
medicaldaily.com/antibiotic-resistance-superbugs-gonorrhea-treatment-383072

Unlike HIV/AIDS these can both spread easily to normal non-fag people too

Don't be a fag
Don't associate with or touch fags
Don't associate with people who associate with or touch fags

Especially around food preperation and medical procedures

It's not illegal it's just not approved yet.

What if you go to a restaurant and some of the people in the kitchen do ass to mouth?