>She Said She Said
>Rain
>Ticket to Ride
>She Loves You
>In My Life
>Tomorrow Never Knows
>Magical Mystery Tour
>Please Please Me

Remind me again why Ringo is shit on as a drummer. These are all legitimately great drum performances, and he was doing rhythms that basically no one else at the time thought of doing. With the exception of maybe Keith Moon.

Attached: ringo gun.jpg (400x396, 32K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=CMzAhUkIh18
youtube.com/watch?v=_4jeMWI6pP8
youtube.com/watch?v=EA_CgX2ihVg
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

every actual drummer knows Ringo is patrician tier, only normies like to shit on him because muh luckiest untalented Ringo

Least attractive member of the boy band always gets shit on

Doesn't matter if they are talented or not

Ringo being a bad drummer is actually just a joke. Everyone knows he's good.

A day in the life is god tier

He also never recorded with a metronome, which is why all of their studio recordings feel so natural in time. The dude is certainly underrated as a drummer. But too often, what appeals to the people who attempt to quantify these qualities of "best drummer" or "best guitarist" is technical display, rather than technical restraint, song-writing, or studio practices/competency.

John thought he was shit though. When someone asked him if Ringo was the best drummer in the world, he laughed and said "He's not even the best drummer in The Beatles."

>Taxman
>Something
>Hey Bulldog
>Come Together
>And Your Bird Can Sing
>Rain
>Paperback Writer
Friendly reminder that McCartney is unironically a GOAT tier bassist.

>John thought he was shit though.

That's because John was totally full of himself and would never admit George was the anchor of the Beatles

[citation needed]

Taxman is pretty much the most copied bass line ever. Start by The Jam and The New Pollution by Beck are essentially just ripoffs of Taxman.

Also, you forgot Dear Prudence. Arguably his best bass part ever.

that quote is fake

Doesn't McCartney actually play the guitar on taxman?

This. Fuck you Mike Stoklasa

He played bass and the guitar solo. That's confirmed. Not sure if he played the main rhythm guitar part though.

>tfw George was such a shitty guitarist he couldn't do a proper rock solo like Paul

How about with a little help from my friends? the triplets he plays in that song would sound so bad if isolated, but when you hear it in the context of the song you realize there isn't a single thing that could have possibly worked better. it's pretty incredible.

shit sorry, i mean lucy in the sky with diamonds.

Ringo is the drum equivalent of the entire style of The Beatles - well measured to the point where it seems absolutely ridiculous. The dude never overplayed, rarely missed a beat, had a distinctive drum sound (which is fucking hard to do) and used every little bit of his drum kit to get the sound he wanted. Pay attention to the drums in the entirety of Sgt. Pepper's. He's not doing anything outrageously complex in terms of speed, he's doing it in terms of timing, and it's hard to play for empty timing with the drums since their soundwave hits really hard first, then quickly dims out. When I'm 64 has all sorts of weird triplets and changes that are pretty complex to play if you're not paying attention, for example, and he doesn't do much during that.
He plays the guitar solo, actually, and he basically goes full Dorian over it.

It's fun to shit on Ringo because he's the ugly one.

Yeah, I watched a video analyzing Paul's guitar style and this guy shows how complex his playing is.
The solo in Taxman is only like 15 seconds long, but he breaks it down part by part showing how much stuff Paul is trying to squeeze into that tiny solo. It's truly mind blowing.
Also Paul played the solo on Good Morning Good Morning, and that gets analyzed as well.

youtube.com/watch?v=CMzAhUkIh18

So the Dorian mode has a major 7th in it now. Why do you cunts pretend to know theory here i will never understand. All you do is look stupid to people who know what they are talking about. Why dont you go pretend to talk chinese while you are it. Stop trying to impress people. You are disgusting and repulsive.
Listing songs Paul played on way to go retard. Pauls drumming is the signature Beatle sound that people mimick when trying to come off as Beatlesque.
youtube.com/watch?v=_4jeMWI6pP8
Gee where have I heard those fill? Ringo is still alright when he is Bernard Purdie though.

>So the Dorian mode has a major 7th in it now.
No, it's a minor scale with a major (raised) 6th.

>Remind me again why Ringo is shit on as a drummer
it's just a meme pushed by non-musicians and plebs who have no idea what they're talking about.

I'm going analysis other people have done and basic it on the fact it is in D major but most of the melody hints towards Dorian (it hits the minor third and the major sixth throughout). Also George loved using Dorian.

george doesn't get shit on though?

Paul only picked up drums in the White Album due to Ringo basically dropping out, and they basically had to heavily edit it to work, and then Ringo came back.

Fuck, I always forget how amazing the drumming on Rain is. Sad that most normies will never hear the best Beatles tracks

Attached: 6f0745dd9c70b71394b9c922e0d5049d--george-harrison-rocknroll.jpg (480x720, 118K)

Congrats on watching Anthology. Good for you. Doesnt change anything I said. Also, so much of the beatles story is myths and lies. Its a billion dollar company fucko. They werent even a real band by 66. Just 3 guys making solo recordings under the beatle brand name.

The bass is better than every other instrument combined on Rain.

>Just 3 guys making solo recordings under the beatle brand name.
Sure, that's why the bulk of the material was recorded with multiple members present.

No doubt their relationship was strained, but really only abbey road is the sole album where songs were recorded with only one member present. They also used those sessions to records their debut solo ventures (except george if you're counting wonderwall music as his debut)

Attached: not today.jpg (960x539, 37K)

that's Metallica

while trying to find the citation for this I came across Beatallica, thanks user i guess...
youtube.com/watch?v=EA_CgX2ihVg

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (2428x1526, 197K)

because he's the most attractive beatle
no homo

The drums on Tomorrow Never Knows are so good

lol no it's not. john said it in a 1966 press conference, which you can find on youtube.

The Chemical Brothers essentially owe their entire career to Ringo's drumming on that song.

he's right though, there's no document of him ever saying that. if it's on youtube please post the link

That quote is fake, you fucking idiot

While I agree that Ringo is underrated, he did not play on Ticket to Ride(Paul McCartney) or Please Please Me(studio musician whose name escapes me).

>studio musician whose name escapes me
Andy White

Ringo played drums on Ticket to Ride. He even explained in an interview how he came up with the rhythm.

You made me dig out my Beatles book, and you're right, Paul came up with that initial beat(which is awesome), but he didn't play on the song.

no fucking doubt
it's perfect

Ringo was a better drummer than George was a guitarist.

Ringo deep down wanted to fuck with the formula and also wanted the big Brian Wilson dick so fucking bad, which led to ((them)) fucking him over

People just like to shit on him because the drum patterns usually aren't complex, but they are very good. The Beatles in general tends to follow the KISS principle

Seagull by Ride also copied taxman

Fuck off Rich

i dont think that is fair to say, taxman just has a basic blues riff , easy 1 - 8 - 3 - 5 -7

doesn't take much when the bassist had to play a solo for him

You say that like McCartney wasn't a vastly better bassist than Harrison was a guitarist, I can think of more of their songs where the bass is the driving force than the guitar, Something in particular.

Oh I don't mean it any way against McCartney. He was superior in most aspects to the rest of the band, it could have just been him and Lennon in the studio with Lennon writing the lyrics and McCartney doing the most of the instruments and they still would have been a massively popular band.

>projecting this hard