Why do people like him so much? All his raps are just

Why do people like him so much? All his raps are just
>muh oppression
>muh black people
His goofy ass high pitched voice doesn’t help either

Attached: 0604164F-2913-4F8C-A2B7-346835ED31EF.jpg (500x500, 39K)

he's just a trend like how everybody thought LIL WAYNE was the best rapper ever for a while.

because he's the capeshit of music

listen to good kid mad city

It's "the topic of race is a recurring theme in his work," not "dude all his raps are about oppression lmao."

>english major

When you're right, you're right.

You know what's funny? People have been talking about the message of this album, about it being "big words" with "no meaning", yet not a single one of you dense fuckers has even been able to grasp what it's really about.

Kendrick is dealing with different forces of racism and is looking for a way to cope.

His mother straight up tells him to stop acting like a victim, it'll never get him anywhere. Kendrick is taking a hit at black people, maybe even more direct at black people in social media, constantly playing the victim card. He has actually been attacked by a few black celebrities, including Azelia Banks, for that.

He is also implying that, additionally to systematic, structural racism, there is another form of racism in America. He goes one step farther and holds up a mirror for his black people:

If you behave like a gangbanger, if you live like a thug, if you talk like a moron and generally behave ignorant, then you are perpetuating racial stereotypes. A lot of black people, famous black people that the youngsters look up to, act like that. He's adressing the faults of the black community.

There is an essay by Frantz Fanon titled Black Skin, White Masks. Not like anyone here would have read that, but if you had maybe you would understand where Kendrick is coming from.

There is a mental image of 'the nigga from the projects' and instead of offering a counterimage, media, like BET for example, just fixate that image even more. Kendrick has gotten so much shit for saying exactly that, saying that black people are part of the reason why racism still exists today. It's a bold message, in the end this album is not about a religious epiphany or about a black uprising, it's about respecting each other and acting fucking sane. Those are even the last words, I have no idea how anyone could miss that.

SAID HE WANT SMOKE I DONT REALLY SEE IT THOOO

Attached: 136697234-352-k48846.jpg (352x550, 37K)

This is cool, thanks

dubs checked

>He is also implying that, additionally to systematic, structural racism, there is another form of racism in America.
this is factually incorrect, though. he deserves all the hate in the world for spewing lies.

aint no one complaining about eminem bitching about his mom

More like the christopher Nolan of music

He talks about how black people perpetuate stereotypes but also excuses black economic state and their crime rate with racial profiling and colonization, via 'for free' and 'good kid'. He also talks a lot about being a Gemini and sees both sides so this could add onto that theme in his work

Oh god go back to Ben Shapiro's arms....

^^^

Cuz it stimulates the dopamine receptor in the brains of certain people and elicits happiness in them when listening to his music

maybe becauese black people are oppressed you idiot

nice

All his raps are just
>muh oppression
>muh black people

yeah you dont listen to kendrick user

Nah

i laughed

We are oppressed though lol you wouldn't understand you white trash pleb.

His political songwriting is still miles ahead of his religious garbage

>Kendrick: I DON'T GIVE A FUCK ABOUT NO POLITICS IN RAP MY NIGGA
>Also Kendrick: Literally all of The Blacker the Berry

He's talking about politics within the genre, not lyrics about politics

I don't understand how people can say Kendrick is just
>muh oppression
When The Blacker the Berry exists. The last verse pretty much supports what a lot of anti-BLM people say about the movement so much.