Budget: $60 million

>Budget: $60 million
>Box office: $47.4 million

What are some other great movies that bombed hard?

The Postman

I had no idea. I love Almost Famous.

>$60 million budget

but how? it looks and feels low budget

Wasn't a majority of the budget spent on the music used?

It probably made that back and more in VHS/DVD/TV rights by now.

This. The movie achieved cult like status after it came out on video

Yup

They managed to get like 3 Zeppelin songs which is fucking rare in movies

The Island

Probably only because they already knew Cameron Crowe, and even then they wouldn't let him use Stairway to Heaven.

HOLD ME CLOSER TONY DANZA

I never understood the hate for Waterworld

I fucking love it. I watch it every time it comes on

>great movies

That is actuallly one of my least favorite, four years whenever people have asked what my least favorite movie is I've always said Almost Famous.

It cost a lot of fucking money at the time. Production woes were big. And reviewers crushed the movie largely in part of kevin Costner having such boring acting.

> fag spotted

fucking this. thank you. godawful acting, writing, i wanted to punch that kid in the face. to top it all off, it's for a fictional band no one should care about.

So critics were just retarded back then? Because he was supposed to be playing the stoic antihero to contrast against humanity and particularly Dennis Hopper's crazy/retard villainy

>godawful acting
You are quite simply wrong.

protip: if you want your film to be taken seriously, don't hire my name is earl, zooey deschanel and a kid.

The kid was great, and so was Billy Crudup.

Actors paychecks I'm sure

I AM A GOLDEN GOD

>great movie

Yeah nah some bullshit about some vagrant bitch finding herself and a lovestruck retard following her around and almost giving up on his dreams was not a good film at all.

You can still be stoic without being boring as white bread. And also I believe that they started shooting the movie before the script was even done. The 10 year old me really did enjoy the movie though.

I never said "I am a golden god".

>there's acid in the beer with red cups

Does this even work?

> t. Sup Forums

>when your deathbed confession becomes the laughing stock of your friend group

>the whole movie is about dadrock
>Sup Forums

Probably Ghostbusters 2016

>Tee hee, let's take his viginity as a prank!

C-can I get pranked too?