To the user that recommended this in yesterday's krautrock thread, kys

To the user that recommended this in yesterday's krautrock thread, kys

Attached: 1493558013138.jpg (500x500, 81K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=gAs9HZC9c7Y
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

no

Lol good rec

BEST RAP ALBUM EVER MADE

This is my favorite Shoegaze album

he sounds like damo suzuki

peak krautrock

Romeo & Juliet. The Starry Night. The Creation of Adam. The Picture of Dorian Grey. The Mona Lisa. The Scream. The Godfather. Twin Peaks. And now, DAY69.

Over thousands of years humanity has produced some astonishing works of art, and yet Michelangelo, Shakespeare, Picasso, and David Lynch can only merely cower before the might and genius of Daniel Hernandez, also known as 6ix9ine.

On February 23rd in 2018, 6ix9ine blew the rap world away with his instant classic debut mixtape, "DAY69". Featuring ingenious cover art featuring Hernandez depicted as a cartoon character in the style of the Cartoon Network series "Adventure Time", the album completely demolished all of the competition and proved that 6ix9ine is not just another pretty face, but a soulful, clever and contemplative young man trying to find his place in the world and trying to find himself as a true and vulnerable artist in a world that no longer values genuine triumph.

After a touching introduction by fellow Nobel laureate Michael K. Williams, Hernandez launches into a brutal assault on the opening track "BILLY", taking a powerful and staunch stand against all the thoughtless gang violence being committed in today's society. His observations ring hauntingly true, and provide a brilliant intro to the harsh political commentary and gorgeous lyricism that would become the hallmark of this iconic album.

(1/4)

In The Aeroplane Over The Sea?

On "GUMMO", Hernandez once again dives into the world of Bloods and Crips, of crack dealers and authorities taking advantage of poor communities, of crying mothers and children being murdered in the streets. Like John Lennon before him, he plants his feet firmly in the ground to condemn violence in all forms, pleading with his former gang brothers to stop fighting and to "put down the sticky, blicky".

"RONDO" focuses entirely on the kinds of sexual activity that often happen in the ghettos like the the one Hernandez grew up in. Featuring a smooth, sensual hook from an emotionally raw Tory Lanez (with some assistance from the evasive and electric Young Thug), the track tells a devastating story about a drug-addled but kind prostitute named Rondo, who slowly loses touch with reality as she tragically descends into a maddening world of addiction.

Borrowing from the classic internet term "kek", Hernandez, A Boogie Wit Da Hoodie and Fetty Wap come in hard with the fourth track, "KEKE". As they slyly bob and flow to the beat, bouncing off each other like young schoolboys freestyling on the playground, they take clever aim at the current state of police brutality and the military-industrial complex in American society, exposing it for the utterly corrupt and oppressive system it really is.

Named after the amount of friends he's lost to the scourge of modern suicide among young people, Hernandez takes a step back on "93" to contemplate the very nature of humanity and of depression, wondering whether or not all the hardships in life are really worth it while reminiscing about the loved ones he's lost. It is on this track where Hernandez really begins to expose his emotional core as a romantic and a thinker, one who doesn't just stare at the injustices of the world we live in and mentally discard them, but one who looks at the problems around him and wonders how he can try, in his own way, to solve them.

(2/4)

LMAO

With "DOOWEE", Hernandez sets his sights on fellow SoundCloud rapper and MacArthur Genius Lil Pump, brilliantly mocking the stupidity and simplicity of his extraordinarily repetitive lyrics with an earworm repetition of his own, mindlessly crowing "Yeah yeah yeah yeah yeah yeah yeah yeah" over and over again as he absolutely decimates his rival and former friend.

"KOODA" returns again to the familiar subject of gang violence but this time addresses it from the perspective of the underground weapons industry, exposing the bourgeois members of society that strive to permeate these destructive tools throughout poor communities in order to exploit them and make a profit. It's one of the album's most authentic and touching tracks, and one of the biggest highlights of Hernandez's career so far.

On "BUBA" Hernandez pays homage to one of his favorite characters in film and a character he's viewed as a role model since his early childhood, the kindhearted shrimp enthusiast Bubba Blue from the film Forrest Gump. By examining Bubba's life and untimely demise in the Vietnam War, Hernandez not only crafts a compelling anti-war anthem but also illustrates how the kindness of just one person, fictitious or not, can have an enormous impact on someone.

Hernandez conjures up imagery from the brutal curb stomping scenes featured in the film "American History X" on "MOOKY" as he continues to try and blaze a trail that may someday lead to some semblance of peace in urban communities torn apart and ruined by endless gang violence and hatred. His optimism for the future of these communities is endearing and heartfelt, and it's inspirational to see a young man like him taking a stand against this treachery in spite of the turmoil he was brought up in.

(3/4)

>A&R is still shilling this album
you guys are persistent eh

Offset stops by as the album begins to draw to a close for a remix of "GUMMO", offering Hernandez valuable advice about the rap game with a grand sense of wisdom and some humorous nods to his peers. Together they prove that even though the exact same song was literally already on the album earlier, you can really never have too much of a good thing as they inject an extra boost of creativity into this classic banger.

On closer "CHOCOLATÉ", Hernandez finally addresses the elephant in the room and tackles his own struggles with substances abuse head-on in a blissful, existential track that not only deals with the motivations behind his own drug abuse, but also grapples with the people in his life that influenced him to head down this dangerous path. It's an eloquent, magnificent finale to one of the greatest rap albums ever produced.

DAY69 changed the landscape of rap forever. There's no getting around it. What 6ix9ine accomplished on his debut mixtape already trumps anything his peers will ever do in their careers, but not only is it a masterwork of trap music, it's an intellectual, thought-provoking and morally complex look into the upbringing and struggles of a young artist trying to change the world. It's one of the greatest rap albums of all time, and an absolute classic from one of the most talented in the business.

(4/4)

that's not what A&R people do user

What kind of idiot recommends a progressive folk album in a krautrock thread

6IX9INE IS DEEP AND A GENIUS

well they hire the shilling team right?
I mean, these obvious marketing/shilling threads are so fucking painfully obvious, its sad by now
They failed to meme this guy into fame, and now they're resorting to "OMG U GUYS BAMBOOZLED ME BY RECOMMENDING ME [ARTIST WE'RE TRYING TO PROMOTE] EVEN THO HE DIDN'T BELONG IN THAT THREAD OMGZ U GUYS ARE SOO RANDOM

As far as shilling campaigns go, this one seems to be an utter failure. This meme failed to catch on

you truly have no idea what you're talking about

SEETHING

SCUUUUUUUUUM GAAAAAAANNNNG

SCUUUUUUUUUUUUUM GAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAANG

t. virgin

Attached: 1520569332580.png (1650x858, 449K)

SCUUUUUUM GAAAAAAAANG

Attached: 1522035882109.gif (500x368, 2.68M)

SCUUUUUUUUUUM GAAAAAAANNNNG

i like him desu

Attached: 26300656_354678781607888_4286551960418516992_n.jpg (1080x1080, 150K)

GOOOOOOOOOOOOLF WAAAAAAAAAAAANG

Attached: 1519550189886.jpg (618x410, 45K)

SCUUUUUUUUUUUUUM GAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAANG

Attached: 1497236501169.jpg (1080x5000, 483K)

Attached: 1510353661426.jpg (757x505, 124K)

SCUUUUUUUUUM GAAAAAAANNNNG

YOU A SILLY NIGGA

>well they hire the shilling team right?
>I mean, these obvious marketing/shilling threads are so fucking painfully obvious, its sad by now
>They failed to meme this guy into fame, and now they're resorting to "OMG U GUYS BAMBOOZLED ME BY RECOMMENDING ME [ARTIST WE'RE TRYING TO PROMOTE] EVEN THO HE DIDN'T BELONG IN THAT THREAD OMGZ U GUYS ARE SOO RANDOM
>
>As far as shilling campaigns go, this one seems to be an utter failure. This meme failed to catch on
well they hire the shilling team right?
I mean, these obvious marketing/shilling threads are so fucking painfully obvious, its sad by now
They failed to meme this guy into fame, and now they're resorting to "OMG U GUYS BAMBOOZLED ME BY RECOMMENDING ME [ARTIST WE'RE TRYING TO PROMOTE] EVEN THO HE DIDN'T BELONG IN THAT THREAD OMGZ U GUYS ARE SOO RANDOM

As far as shilling campaigns go, this one seems to be an utter failure. This meme failed to catch on

it's all trolling you stupid fucking newfag.
I literally used to say this exact same thing then I realized it's actually pretty funny and have now seen the light
SCUUUUUUUUUUUM GAAAAAAAAAAANG

GET THE FUCK UP OUT MY FACE FORE I MURDER YOU

$0 have been deposit into your account!

This is so fuckin true wow theneedledick is seriously clueless

Scum gang

gnag mucs

OBSESSED

t. iffy nigga
SCUUUUUUUUUUUMMMMMMMMMM GGGGAAAAAAAAAAANNNNNNGGGGGG

>35 replies and 6 images omitted. Click here to view.
Why is Sup Forums the only board that don't know how to sage

Why would a record label choose to run a “viral marketing” campaign on a Chinese cartoon website you absolute brainlet
>pic related: (you)

Attached: 013BE96D-18C0-430B-B4B2-BE3B08FC8F86.jpg (1348x812, 170K)

>jealous of other user's (You)'s
no ones gunna spam you bro you're not worth it

NIGGA IFFY UH

BROUGHT A KNIFE I BROUGHT A RUGER STUPID I REALLY DO THIS

BLACK VAN PULL UP AT YO MAMA CRIB BOY
TIE HER UP DRIVE THAT SHIT OFF A BRIDGE BOY

6IX9INE FOR PRESIDENT

this

THEYRE ALL KILLAS AND HES A KILLA TOO

chcked

69 yoooooooooo

niggas iffy uh

SSSSCCCCCCUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUMMMMMMMMMMM

GGGAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAANNNNGGG

Attached: 1500915595192.jpg (619x453, 47K)

>54 replies
>23 posters

Attached: shiggyshiggydoo.jpg (250x250, 65K)

lol

bump

>this pic
well then.

BASED

scum gang

(You)
Because Sup Forums is one of the biggest places to """"discuss""""" music, dumb soyposter

Attached: 152037753380.gif (487x560, 898K)

nope

who is this cute sloot

Best gif I've seen in a while, hope you don't mind if I steal it.

what song are you guys listening to right now

Lurk moar newfag

Gummo

is it good?

gimme a break lad i've been here for almost 10 years

the best
youtube.com/watch?v=gAs9HZC9c7Y

Clearly not if you don't know one of Sup Forums's essential memes you fuck

not him but that's nowhere near an essential meme

I bet you listen to Skrillex

nah

SMOKIN WEED AND LISTENING TO MUH BOI SIX9INE, YEAR HEAR ME HOMIE?

Skrillex is like a cuter Hayley Williams with black hair tbqhwy

boi you prolly don't even toke

WHERE ALL DA HOES AT? I DONT FUCK WITH NO OLD HOES, ONLY NEW HOES

>it's impossible they like something i don't like
>they must be shilling!
How paranoid are you?

Pussy niggas don't want no smoke
Pussy niggas don't want no smoke
They don't want no smoke, they don't want none
They don't want none, no
They don't want none, no
They don't want none, no

legitimate 8/10 song

FUCK ALL THAT TALKIN LETS GO

NIGGAS DONT WANT WAR

NIGGAS RUNNIN' OUT THEY MOUTH BUT THEY NEVER POP OUT
I GOT THE DROP ON YOUR SPOT, EVERYBODY WATCH OUT
ALL MY NIGGAS ON FIFTY, SO YOU KNOW WE HOPPED OUT
MOBBED OUT, OPPS OUT, WE GON' SHOW WHAT WE ABOUT

ALL MY NIGGAS REALLY GANG BANG, TALK THAT DAMN SLANG
RAP ABOUT IT, DO THE SAME THING, LET YOUR NUTS HANG
WE GON' PULL UP, NIGGA J'ANDALE!, ON SANGRE
WE POST UP WE DON'T DO THE RACE YOU GON' DIE TODAY

are there any rap songs with a motorik beat? Genuinely curious

How do we know you aren't a shill too pulling a "OMG U GUYS EVERYONE WHO LIKES THIS IS A FUCKING SHILL AND WE SREN'T TRYING TO MEME THIS GUY INTO A REALITY BY PRETENDING I HATE HIM"?

i like rondo thats about it

IN THE SPOT, BLOW FIFTY BANDS, SHIT A HUNDRED BANDS
SHIT, MY POCKETS ON A RUNNIN' MAN, FUCK A RUBBERBAND
I'MA FUCK HER IN A HANDSTAND, SHE A FAN MAN
NEED THE DRUGS, I'M THE XAN MAN, I'M THE DAMN MAN

I ROLL UP, I'M GON' BE BOOTED, STUPID, AND SHOOT IT STUPID
BROUGHT A KNIFE, I BROUGHT A RUGER, STUPID, I REALLY DO THIS
IF I TOTE IT THEN YOU KNOW I SHOOT IT, AND I'MA PROVE IT
BACK, BACK, DON'T BE MOVIN' STUPID, OR I'MA USE IT

LIL BITTY, UH, BUST ALL ON HER TITTIES, UH
BUST THEN I LEAVE HER, UH, SHE A LITTLE EATER, UH

BASED
YOU CAN TALK HOT ON THE INTERNET BOI THATS THAT GOOFY SHIT WE AINT INTO THAT BOI

GET BACK, KICKBACK, BLOW YOUR SHIT BACK, UH
RIP THAT, TAKE THAT, FLIP THAT, SEND THAT, UH
.223 HIT, WHERE YOUR CLOTHES AT? UH
SCUM GANG 'BOUT THAT FENDI, FIN-ACT, UH

TEKASHI69 IS THE DAMN MAN

Is Scaruffi finally back?

SCUUUUUUUUUUUUUM GAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAANG

SHE A FAN MAN

6IX9INE FUCKING RULES

THE KING OF NEW YORK