I can't figure out a good way to differentiate between minor thirds and major thirds...

I can't figure out a good way to differentiate between minor thirds and major thirds. The 4 people who actually play music here, please help me out I really want to train my ears to spot intervals but this is killing me.

Neither sounds happy, they both sound shitty and vaguely anxious just in slightly different ways but I can't spot the difference reliably. What should I be looking for?

Attached: FB_IMG_1521732890131.jpg (513x541, 27K)

Other urls found in this thread:

musictheory.net/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

why don't you ask your facebook friends normie

UGH, FILTHY NINGEN GET OFF MY BOARD

>thinking 4chin is underground in 2018
>using normie nonironically in this place

Reminder Jiren could have won the tournament if only he wasn't such a fucking retard.

this place is as normie as facebook these days my friend

you right

Come on don't tell me all the great musicians I saw posting years ago have left

You've got to be kidding me

nigger this has nothing to do with musicians

literally any retard and even babies can tell the difference between major/minor third

I'm 100% not joking when I say you might have a mental condition and should look into that possibility

this desu

Wow faking knowledge of something to talk down to someone, how original.

>Whats the difference between red and green?

nigga, how am i supposed to explain to you the difference between chords? between colors?

only by ostension. fucking playing the chords over and over until you train your ear. fucking pathetic.

I guess the trend of this place gradually becoming no better than Sup Forums did not slow down in my absence
Red is a more visceral, passionate color, what you see in blood, apples, and fire

Green is serene and deep, what you see in grass and other plants

If you can't even manage this I shudder to think how devoid of creativity any music you make is

yeah, i sure your florid metaphors are really helpful for a person who can't already distinguish the colors, you pretentious cuck.

Like nigga did you actually just imply describing the differences between colors is impossible?Even if you have a trash vocabulary you can point to examples everywhere in the world. Just don't post in my thread again.

>Even if you have a trash vocabulary you can point to examples everywhere in the world.

learn what ostension means you literal mongoloid.

>serene and deep

Attached: serene green.jpg (750x1000, 8K)

I just showed you how to do it without resorting to ostension. People do it in music as well which is why I mentioned not hearing the happy tone in major thirds, since people attach emotion to intervals all the time.

Thanks for posting though your retardation makes me feel a lot better about having difficulty with this.

More over, you're naming fucking things to identify the colors. Red is fire and blood. Green is plants.

Thats exactly my point. All you can do is point out where's a major third and where's there a minor third. All people in this thread could possibly do is name tunes where theres a minor third. (Uh, checkout greensleeves op?) Other than that, the easiest way to distinguish between the two is just drill the difference into his head, mentally pointing out 'this one is major' and 'this one is minor', as appropriate.

Sing the intervals when you play them. It takes time. That’s what music school is. It shows you how to learn this stuff. It also puts you under pressure to learn it quickly so you can pass your aural skills exam but ultimately since you’re not in school you can take it at your own pace. It helps me to sing a major scale up to the third and 5th in both major and minor and then practicing singing the intervals. Knowing tunes that heavily use those intervals will also aid. It’s like developing relative pitch. I know what a C G and E sounds like because of a Bach cello suite I had to learn and because it’s in c major and the next phrase literally runs up the scale I can figure out any white note based on that base notes which are G - C. Third cello suite btw.
It takes time man. It’s not impossible. How badly do you want to know it and how much effort are you willing to put into learning? Also there’s a little half step exercise I would hear brass players practice all the time. For example. The secquence is C - B - C - Bb - C - A - C - Ab - C - G etc etc etc. descending half steps and returning to the root. Just practice dude. And fuck Sup Forums. This place is a fucking joke these days. Don’t expect help around here. Seek it for yourself through musicians you look up and seek them out. Records or in person.

Minor sixths sound like the first two notes in "Sunglasses At Night".

That's all I got..

Yeah, the 'happy' metaphor works if you already have the ear for it, if you already have the connotation in your head. But apparently you or OP doesn't. So saying, give me some adjectives so I can better understand these sounds is pulling the cart before the horse.

Huh, its almost like the only thing you can do is practice, as perMetaphors can't save you.

Practice listening first, then repeat the sounds yourself - listen to interval exercises, im sure you can find some on youtube - its the difference between 2 keys on a piano

bitch sorry you're dysfunctional, but don't deny it. you can literally google it. babies can tell the difference between minor/major thirds

it's like asking painters how to tell the difference between blue and green. clearly something is wrong with you

musictheory.net/

go to the intervals practice

limit it to thirds

listen and practice singing over and over

thats the only way faggot, no metaphor will help you

don't rely on "happy/sad" dichtonomy, that is a relic of common practice. rely on the difference in timbre (color) which is the only real way to differentiate