Shitposts and meme threads get hundreds of replies

>shitposts and meme threads get hundreds of replies
>threads about actually good shows get 10 replies

This board is so fucking shit. When is /film/ going to happen?

No idea, tried to discuss split and got 0 replies. Saw a thread half an hour later that had a meme question about the movie and it was 50+ replies

It's such a shame that you can rarely properly discuss movies and shows on here.

And there isn't another board that would do a better job, and /r/movies is just plain bad.

I saw that thread and it convinced me to check the show out. Thanks bros, good luck discussing, will watch it shortly.

No worries user, hope you enjoy it as much as I did.

This show is awful, that's why.

It's trafficking in ecclesial hypocrisy for the sake of pricking off the "naive sensibility" of pew-filling Catholics.The problem, artistically, is reducing Catholic piety to a kind of hand-wringing shrillness, which betrays a contempt and condescension towards Catholicism characteristic of adolescent snobbery, not sober art.

Sup Forums doesnt talk about good shows or films. its always been this way newfaggot.

Split was garbage.

How would /film/ help? TYP is a show, and all the movies discussed here are capeshit and star wars

kys tripnigger

The same way /his/ split off from /lit/.

The idiots who want to discuss capeshit and memes can stay here, and people who actually want to discuss films and television shows go to /film/.

welcome to Sup Forums!!

if you want discussion you sol unless its a blue moon

this show is boring as fuck kill yourself please

I liked Split. It felt like a high budget Criminal Minds episode. And as a bonus it didn't have the Criminal Minds cast in it.

>shows
>/film/
pleb

People just have to make more movie threads than meme threads. I'd help but my ISP isn't allowed to make threads anymore.

>Coming to Sup Forums for discussion.
>Doesn't realize the shitposting would be the same in /film/

Hiro literally made a board called /film/ a few months ago, you newfags. It got deleted after it was flooded by Sup Forums fags telling Hiro it was a bad idea.

/film/ happened, then it unhappened, and it's never going to happen again.

>shows
>film

Well, the acronym for the board doesn't really work for every board.

Like, /soc/ doesn't match "Cams and Meetup", and /n/ doesn't match "Transportation". Besides, Sup Forums is already taken by this shit board, so /film/ can contain both movies and shows just like this board is supposed to.

/his/ is considerably better and shitpost-free when compared to /lit/

I heard about it happening back then, but I just got a 404 page. It must have been deleted really fucking quickly.

/film/ was only around for like 2 days. It just thread after thread of "Close this board you fucking gook".

/his/ didn't split off from lit, people asked gookmoot for /his/ and one fag piped up and said he thought it should include humanities more broadly, and that was enough to ruin that board before it began.
It would have settled down eventually, it was no different than every board when a change happens (/r9k/ when moot killed the bot, Sup Forums when captcha was gone).

>adolescent snobbery

Doublespeak for

>waaaah, they critically analyzed my religion! It's supposed to be exempt from that, like taxes!

Where is this from? I really enjoy the "thesaurus of words to say nothing" meme

How old are you pal? Isn't it past bed time?

What makes you think /film/ would actually do anything? It'd just be Sup Forums with a 'pls don't shitpost' sign on it. To make tv and film discussion work you need more anons interested in discussion than you have [s4s] reject memelords who just want to shit up the place.

we dont discuss good films/shows here...

thats how they remain good

this is a board for polishing turds

Then where do you go to discuss good films/shows?

Sup Forums?

The idea of discussing a given film is stupid, almost as stupid as discussing a single album or book.

By singling out one piece of media, you alienate most of the population of the board that hasn't seen it. The one time this isn't true is when a large movie comes out, like Rogue One.

Then, of the small percentage of people who have seen the movie, they need to have something to discuss about. Unless you are going over various theories (something of which only a few films are capable or conducive for) on what the plot or theme is about, the rest of the discussion is focused on the more tangible aspects: casting, writing, directing.

Once these are discussed a single time, they no longer become interesting to the people who discussed them. Who the fuck wants to argue whether the dialogue in Rogue One (as an example) is believable or that the character of dipshit droid is necessary multiple times? Plot theorization is somewhat interesting because it can be reworked, but how many opinions can one have on how Forrest Whit's accent was?

TV shows are slightly better given their weekly distribution and length, but suffer from the problem of even fewer people watching them. That's why no one wants to talk about your shitty series and instead creates another fucking thread on GOT.

Underlying all of this is the fact that none of you understand how to constructively criticize a movie or (even worse) engage with others. So, it just becomes shitposting, which you eventually learn to accept.

t. 7 year Sup Forums user

>The idea of discussing a given film is stupid, almost as stupid as discussing a single album or book.
>By singling out one piece of media, you alienate most of the population of the board that hasn't seen it.
this is pure fucking idiocy

>By singling out one piece of media, you alienate most of the population of the board that hasn't seen it.

Oh no. Those poor people. I'm so sad for them.

>you alienate most of the population of the board that hasn't seen it

On a fucking FILM AND TELEVISION BOARD?

Jesus Christ you're retarded. It's their fault for not having seen the movie or show yet. There's lots of other discussions they can join in on.

replies like this is why Sup Forums is not for discussing film.

you just get snide meme replies to everything.

the cure for this situation is in the filename

I think you're onto something here, but this comes across as really fucking snobbish

What are you suggesting as an alternative? Genre/creator discussion? Something even more broad?

Bogdanofposting is a sin

>The idea of discussing a given film is stupid, almost as stupid as discussing a single album or book.

Do you live alone?

>actually good shows get 10 replies

because they're actually NOT good shows, you silly munktoon

arent you a little old to be posting on an anime image board? shouldnt you have a wife and kids to tend to you cuck?

Sup Forums had this verbose meme a few years ago

bogposting is love

>Game of Thrones consistently gets hundred of replies

hmm, activated my almonds there...

>bawwww the shows i want to discuss are good shows because i say they're good shows bawwww
>bawwww why won't people discuss the shows i want to discuss bawwww
>bawwww why won't people like what i like and hate what i hate bawwww

i don't know, but i'm sure making a whiny thread about it will definitely help

because it IS a good show, you vibrating baboon

This isn't a place to properly discuss movies.

I want to discuss the brilliance of Nolan's The Dark Knight but those threads will rarely get replies because people only care about memes here it looks like or shitposting about a new movie they believe will suck.

I made a thread the other day about how fantastic Ledger looked with no Joker make up when dressed up as the police officer in TDK and I only got a couple replies before it archived.

An occasional gem can be found amongst the coal. A lesser man gives up and complains, whereas the man of grander goals and purpose will continue on.

>/film/

What, so people can talk about their fucking transformers and capeshit?

No, we need /kino/

shit thread

Fuck you

>/kino/

but they already discuss gay pron films in /hm/ i think so /kino/ is redundant.

BANE?!

Not sure why you find this point hard to follow. Say I watch Waterworld for the first time and want to discuss it with others. How many people on Sup Forums have seen Waterworld? Anyone who hasn't--which I'm assuming is most of the board at any given time--won't be able to join in the conversation, so it dies. A more popular movie, e.g. The Social Network, falls prey to the other problem I was talking about on lack of things to consistently discuss.

I'll grant you that. I'm just being a dick.

I don't really have an alternative. These were just my observations on seeing many, many, many, many threads over the years. I just accept shitposting as part of the experience now.

That was probably a dumb way of putting it. Most of my film discussion is with friends, not online. I should say that the idea of a board that is exclusively designed to discuss individual films is unsustainable, in my opinion. Sup Forums's structure definitely does not help, in this regard. The lack of online content at any given time is fractional of the amount of films there are to discuss--whereas on IMDB you can have a forum for every movie, here you can only have it on a few dozen, and the continuation of these threads relies upon people who have seen the movie to be online to engage.

Fuck off.

Wait, plebeian is a real word?

I thought it was a meme insult invented by Sup Forums

You're a faggot.

We have a couple of TYP threads every day since the show starting airing in Europe and was easily accessible online, discussion is slowing since most people who were interested in the show finished watching it in November

Not him, but what did you expect?
>Well noticed, good sir. *tipping intensifies*

if you want to have a serious film discussion then start a thread and say something interesting.

Plebs were ordinary, free people in ancient Rome, who were not patricians (the elite).

Maybe you should lead by example by posting movies and shows people like to discuss instead of complaining like the whiny baby that you are.

requesting decent >streaming site to watch episodes 7-10

solarmovie dot sc

That's what I used, quality is pretty gud

Rundown?