What's the worst metal genre...

What's the worst metal genre? i've asked quite a few people this question and the two popular answers were stoner and death.

Pic unrelated.

Attached: R-1463098-1457082679-5039.jpeg.jpg (599x598, 124K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ghmKspYNqyg
theguardian.com/music/2010/dec/02/neurosis-live-at-roadburn
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Pirate Metal

Power metal

Deathcore

thrash metal more like trash metal

This or stoner

groove metal
pleb spotted

nu-metal

the pic is not totally unrelated, although Burzum is good and there's a fair amount of good Black Metal artists, it's probably the worst, most generic and pretentious metal genre.
Also, a great percent of it's "fanbase" are either "trve kvlt" obnoxious retards or edgy teens that don't really listen to black metal.

Nu-male detected.

Djent or Deathcore come to mind

power metal

Literally the dumbest thing i've read this month. And no, i'm not one of those elitists who only listen to "trve kvlt" scandi black metal.

Whatever bands like Sabaton are

That's power metal.

Hair metal followed by metalcore

Soy metal

Hmmm, it seems most replies mention power metal being shitty, interesting.

I mean't unrelated as in i wasn't mentioning the image as my opinion for worst metal, probably should've made it more clear, my bad.

What exactly are the defining characteristics of 'soy metal'?

Attached: thinking-face.png (256x256, 53K)

It's safe to admit that sludge metal is the greatest genre conceived. Oddly enough, i see why blackies hate atmoshitters. I love black atmoshit, but atmosludge is absolute garbage and isn't trve at all.

Black metal is unbearable.

power metal (especially with keyboards)
i like the idea of nu-metal but few nu-metal albums have actually been good
atmosludge has got to be among the most boring genres of music i've ever heard, it's like neck-and-neck with dark folk

Post-metal, which includes a few good bands but also includes horrendous hipster bait post-black bands like Myrkur and a lot of utterly mind numbing "atmospheric" post-metal/sludge bands like these anons are talking about

this if it were an actual genre

not metal

Interesting, another power metal reply too, probably have to go listen to some now.

Facebook?

Black metal, it's fucking hipster shit
fuck you

This is interesting too, only one out of the 13 people i asked mentioned black metal.

Progressive metal, by far

Death Metal, most of it fucking sucks

90s groove/industrial/nu-metal was the low point for metal, nothing else even comes close.

all metal sucks

How the fuck has this not been mentioned until now

this makes me want to vomit
youtube.com/watch?v=ghmKspYNqyg

yeah im changing my answer from power metal to prog metal, idk how i forgot about it

I can't stand most power metal or black metal

Attached: morrowind combat.gif (480x394, 1.39M)

all of them
seriously, grow up and realise that metal hasn't been relevant since the late 80's, mid 90's at best
it's all recycled shit

definitely death metal

But which one of them is slightly more worse?

I want to hear how bad prog metal is.

prog metal and nu metal definitely

Heavy metal is the new classical you philistine.

Avant-Garde metal

>yfw thinking metal matters
sure, if you take away the smell and add some actual talent

Attached: 8c39609b.jpg (195x240, 4K)

because "progressive" is a vague and meaningless term in the context of metal and what you really mean to say is that you don't like dream theater and periphery.

neoclassical metal is pretty bad
djent is pretty bad

Burzum and Darkthrone are the only good blackmetal

there is no such thing as good black metal, if they stopped being so hellbent on "muh trve shit quality lo-fi is the way let's fuck foxes in the forest" then maybe their output would be worth checking out

this, djent fucking sucks

Attached: 1463477363659.jpg (600x450, 35K)

i can tell you've listened to a lot of black metal and are really informed on the matter.

poser metal

Atmospheric sludge but only bands like Neurosis, Isis, Sumac, etc. Not only is it bland and uninspired, but the bands usually have the gall to present themselves as some sort of transcendent experience. I’ve even seen the phrase “the thinking man’s metal” thrown around by the bands themselves, give me a fucking break.

Definitely power metal, or anything really melodic with clean vocals. Top tier cringe.
I don't see how stoner and death would be popular answers.

this

Power metal because it oozes cheese like no other
Prog metal and atmosludge because of an overbearing, condescending attitude

Metalcore, deathcore, djent, etc are all a little too punk-oriented to really call "metal" in like 80% of cases, but those are pretty bad, too. There's some alright projects out there, tho.

Nu-metal for reasons that should be obvious

Either Nu-metal or Latin metal.

This is the real answer.
Nu-metal comes close, but they've got a few shining gems among the shit. Deathcore is all bad from what I've heard so far.

>tfw grindcore and goregrind will never be considered the worst

Attached: 1483427863641.jpg (700x504, 75K)

Soyboy

These plus nu metal
Not metal

>all these people calling black metal "pretentious"
How fucking retarded do you have to be to not appreciate the atmosphere and texture of quality black metal? Not all black metal is Liturgy, most of it is fairly intentional and straightforward.

>I’ve even seen the phrase “the thinking man’s metal” thrown around by the bands themselves
Where? Can I see? This sounds pretty dumb

Cyber metal
Neoclassical metal
Deathcore
Djent

I have not heard a single good thing come from either of these genres, take your pick

There're good bands in every genre. That said trvuooo balck metal faggots are the least tolerable people and the shows reek of pretention. For every other kind of metal, if you're at a show, everyone is fucking hype and immediately your friend. So even though there is tons of great BM, the community is actual garbage.

So what is deathcore if not metal? It's not punk.

Groove metal, because it made otherwise good thrash bands turn into shit

Most small subgenres have only a few good bands (usually the founders) and lots of shitty copy cats though. Trad/Thrash/Death/Black/Doom/Sludge are the main ones that are big enough to have depth

I'm surprised so many people are saying djent. DON'T GET ME WRONG there's a lot of obvious problems: pretty much no variety, Meshuggah kinda sucks, Periphery are a giant embarrassment to all metal. But AaL had a few pretty good albums and 'After the Burial' gets old in like 20 mins but those are a brutal fucking 20 mins. I mean djent largely sucks but no fucking way it's the WORST. My vote is norwegian black metal because of the edgy/cringy teen density. I would say power metal but I still smile whenever I hear Dragonforce and I know you assholes do too.

>My vote is norwegian black metal
opinion discarded
who cares about edginess, it has riffs

there's one in the wild

>compains about edge
>in metal
the edge is part of the appeal asshat

Attached: 1510085475691.png (361x691, 268K)

>My vote is norwegian black metal because of the edgy/cringy teen density
They can be as edgy as they want if they actually make good music, and the Norwegian black metal scene has tons of good bands

I read it on Wikipedia I think, here's what they link to theguardian.com/music/2010/dec/02/neurosis-live-at-roadburn

but I've read it in band's bio's on bandcamp and such too, I would link those but I really don't commit such bands to memory lol