Is lacing drugs with fentanyl the best way to win the war?

infotel.ca/newsitem/warnings-about-fentanyl-laced-marijuana-in-the-southern-interior/it22094
www.nytimes.com/2016/03/26/us/heroin-fentanyl.html
cbc.ca/news/canada/british-columbia/delta-police-warn-of-possible-fentanyl-laced-cocaine-after-overdoses-1.3352815

JUST

Other urls found in this thread:

examiner.com/article/alert-fentanyl-newest-drug-to-hit-the-streets
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fentanyl
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prayer_of_the_Rollerboys
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Bump as I read

We talked about this in another thread a few weeks ago. There is objectively no point to lace drugs with fentanyl because of its price. The only reason you'd do it was to kill people

The best possible explanation is:
>pot market is managed by criminals
>criminals will do whatever they can to turn a profit
>criminals will spray pot with opiates to enhance its flavour
>they will also do so to create a customer base, given opiates are highly addictive

This is in itself an argument for legalization. If pot was legalized, there would be less risks overall.

But the potheads in pic related think that whatever bad happens is not the crimelords. It must be the State!

They have smoked so much they don't accept the sheer fact they are buying from criminals who would do anything to turn a profit.

These dudes will always defend the dude who sells them pot... even if he's an illegal who beats his wife and abuses her kids.

Alcohol was poisoned during prohibition.

>The only reason you'd do it was to kill people

I think that's the point.

Actually it's quite competitive on price because it's so strong.

examiner.com/article/alert-fentanyl-newest-drug-to-hit-the-streets

>Fentanyl users in Seattle often complain about how expensive it is. Price quotes vary wildly—people have cited prices from $80 per gram a few years ago up to $300 per gram today. It seems to depend on the month and the buyer's proximity to the source. (These days, the cheaper heroin in Seattle is going for $20 to $30 per gram.)

>Fentanyl is approximately 80 to 100 times more potent than morphine and roughly 40 to 50 times more potent than pharmaceutical grade (100% pure) heroin.[13][14]

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fentanyl

>>criminals will spray pot with opiates to enhance its flavour

bullshit opiates have a nasty bitter taste

It was being made in bathtubs by hobbyists you dip

Pot and coke is being laced with fent to increase weight you dumb fucking faggots
>muh alternative medicine

Weed and coke aren't medicine

My mother is on prescription fentanyl after she fell down the stairs that were severly out of code and crushed several vertebra.
This scares me. Fuck when Prince died of a fentanyl it scared me. I took her out to dinner the next day.

you're a clueless idiot

newest drug? I licked fentanyl like 6 years ago

fentanyl isn't that expensive in relation to it's potency....with a very small dose,you could really stretch heroin...

yeah its from the 60's its only popular now because like everything else, its easier to make with time.

>laced with fent to increase weight

Lethal dose is in the single digit milligram range.

you are beyond retarded

Also watch out for criminals putting gold bricks inside the stolen DVD players you buy.

"Wait how does that make sense" you ask?

Don't ask questions goy.

Whoever wrote the examiner article didn't fact check for shit. My fentanyl lollipops come in micrograms. If I eat more than 2 of them I will most certainly die

Opiate crisis is worsening and normal, cut street heroin isn't cutting it for hardcore junkies anymore, so you're seeing more and more heroin cut with fentanyl. It's a way for dealers a notch or two up the food chain from the street to (relatively cheaply) ”enhance” their product that's already been cut several times, thereby making their smack get a reputation for really fucking you up and driving up demand. Of course your average drug dealer knows jack shit about pharmacology and dosage so you'll occasionally get a batch that causes a whole slew of overdoses in a short period of time because someone put too much of the heavier stuff in a batch.

Problems then arise for opiate newbies that get priced out of their oxys and decide to snort, smoke, or slam heroin for the first time and OD because it's got fentanyl in it. I was never big into opiates when I was a drug person back in college, but it was rare to see fentanyl back then unless you went looking for it. Now it's relatively ubiquitous from what I hear.

This. Try a cold-water extraction on oxy and tell me if that shit's going to enhance flavor of anything. Plus, lacing pot is fucking stupid from an economical standpoint; pot's about the cheapest illicit drug there is and generally street level dealers are just funding their own pot habit with it. If someone's lacing pot with anything, they're probably doing it for themselves.

>fentanyl lollipops
>packaging an extremely potent opiate in a food that is extremely attractive to children

What could possibly go wrong?

Well barbiturates and benzodiazepines look like candy. Nobody said pharmaceutical companies had much in the way of foresight for that sort of thing.

Children need painkillers too.

Absolutely nothing Kek, they are even berry flavored. Also when you finish you're even supposed to put the stick and packaging in a plastic back then double bag them.

Anybody ever see that movie from the late 80's or early 90's where this white supremacist drug gang was lacing their drugs with a chemical that made users sterile? Then they would sell the drugs to blacks and hispanics. I think it had something to do with rollerblading.

Those things are quite literally QOLsavers.

They're amazing for hospice or remote care, where the patient can manage his own pain with the lollipop. They're not packaged like candy either.

I found it! Prayer of the Rollerboys starring Corey Haim.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prayer_of_the_Rollerboys

Sounds like a good reason for me to avoid pot

Nobody remembers paraquat?

Good times.

Vaguely. In the end, if that's what it is for some people, opiate OD is not a bad way to go.

Never mind the millions of people already hooked on Big Pharma prescription opiates. People will drug themselves until the end of time, the clever monkeys at the top should just get over it and regulate it as best they can.