Why do people here like Car Seat Headrest?

Attached: 143A68E6-3235-4028-9965-D00F875683E7.png (975x508, 264K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=aLGVGvO1YeE
youtube.com/watch?v=_mlvjJcfmhE
latimes.com/entertainment/movies/la-et-mn-isle-of-dogs-review-20180321-story.html
twitter.com/AnonBabble

because will toledo is an incredible songwriter and the music is good

big influx of teenagers

car seat headrest more like cuck seat headrest lmao

its funny because the whole point of the movie is that there are barely any people

Influx of redditors from r/indieheads.

How is it racist? I was planning on seeing it tomorrow. Will cancel my plans if it is.

will toledo is such an insufferable cunt it's almost unbelievable
he's like, cartoonishly cunty

Liar

Some journalist said it was appropriating Japanese culture, but the same journalist also called "Lost in Translation" racist for the same reason (which it isn't). Maybe see it and form your own opinion.

>Liar
Why would I lie about that?

Attached: Screen Shot 2018-03-29 at 12.39.36 AM.png (1268x448, 69K)

nice triple dubs

>Some critics have argued that the film is an example of racial stereotyping and cultural appropriation, and that one of its characters aligns with the trope of the "white savior". Writing in Junkee, Tom Clift gives a rundown of criticism from several news sources, including Justin Chang of the Los Angeles Times. Chang wrote, "It's in the director’s handling of the story's human factor that his sensitivity falters, and the weakness for racial stereotyping that has sometimes marred his work comes to the fore… Much of the Japanese dialogue has been pared down to simple statements that non-speakers can figure out based on context and facial expressions." Clift also quotes Angie Han from Mashable, who calls the American exchange student character Tracy a "classic example of the ‘white savior’ archetype–the well-meaning white hero who arrives in a foreign land and saves its people from themselves".[25] Steve Rose of The Guardian also calls the Tracy character "something of a 'white saviour' who mobilises the passive Japanese populace to rebel and put things right." He notes that Anderson's Japan is a series of "tourist cliches."[26]

incels, soyboys, and nu-males basically

Meanwhile, actual Japanese people don't give a fuck, I hope.

I think he's just salty about his furry phase so he's taking it out on this movie

It's a bad movie either way, and I say this as someone who would suck Wes Anderson's dick

I dont like him anymore. but his music is still okay.

Attached: 1471379341139.gif (290x231, 996K)

Does Will have something against dogs?

These.

Hmm...

Attached: Screenshot_20180328-220554.png (720x1280, 160K)

This reminds me of when Sup Forums started editing A Way Out's wikipedia page with a ton of The Room references after Josef Fares' rant at the Game Awards

DOES HE HAVE SOMETHING AGAINST DOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOGS

I don't know they probably like his band's music or something

/thread

youtube.com/watch?v=aLGVGvO1YeE
for more cringe

Why does every CSH fan talk/type like this? You're not clever, holy shit.

haven't seen the movie so i don't really care

I dunno about racist but definitely agree with Wes Anderson being infuriatingly bad

Attached: 1499260192513.jpg (894x786, 21K)

youtube.com/watch?v=_mlvjJcfmhE your average car seat headrest fan

I've never listened to Car Seat Headrest and I don't like lo-fi/indie but judging music based on the image of the frontman is k-pop tier

Lost in Translation treats another culture like a spectacle, and Johansen and Murray run around Japan as if they were kids locked inside a theme park over night. They appreciate things for it's aesthetic qualities and take it all like hedonists. Maybe it isn't racist, but it's demeaning.

you forgot betas, cucks and faggots.

>Bill Murray does karaoke
>omg so demeaning
How?

>You forgot buzzword, buzzword and buzzword.

car seat headrest more like cuck fag shithead lmfao

japan seems ridiculous and alien because it would be from their non-japanese perspectives

they hit an itch between pop punk and indie rock a person in love with their ego but also despises it because it controls them, like Tom Petty without the catchines it is not good for you the listener

Attached: shamegif.gif (600x338, 3.52M)

giving fake reverence to other cultures is orientalism in the worst way.

I swear these white liberal cuck types get off on calling out racism. It's like taking a hit off a crack pipe to them. It's become kind of a joke at this point.

Underrated.

based

Attached: Screen Shot 2018-03-28 at 11.29.52 PM.png (1280x476, 126K)

carsoy cuckrest

It's not. Justin Chang at the LA Times called it "Cultural Tourism" because the dogs speak english, but the people in Megasaki speak Japanese and weren't 100% accurately subtitled, among other bullshit

latimes.com/entertainment/movies/la-et-mn-isle-of-dogs-review-20180321-story.html

White liberals have become so neutered and domesticated at this point that the only way for them to get out aggression and frustration is to take it all out on things that they perceive as racist.

The characters in Lost in Translation do that, not the movie. And to be honest, Japan is fucking weird - their experience there is pretty realistic for most westerners (considering this is before Internet as well).

>next album gets his career slowly dies

He's the one who used to post his music on a racist anime website.

Fucking snowflakes

Because there's lots of homosexuals in this board.

This, but unironically.

That's how tumblrinas and twitter users addicted to dumb drama write

suck my dick faggot

Will sounds like a crybaby who can't question his own flawed reaction to things and then takes to Twitter to vent his misplaced anger before having the introspective ability to realise he's exaggerating like a child.

>complains publicly
>gets mad when people report him complaining publicly
This guy is a fucking sniveling coward and a passive-aggresive child, too.

I was just going to post this.

I hate Will so fucking much I'm incapable of enjoying his music at all.

Attached: 0d7f78e96fc700dfd460dc605926cea641cf28357b15cd541c5a827aead45008.jpg (1428x1428, 112K)

I don't know why'd you believe anyone calling something racist nowadays.

Attached: 1521673868679.jpg (480x360, 18K)

You need to look at things on a case-by-case basis and not let your common sense get blinded by the sheer amount of people claiming racism one way or the other. Just use your best judgment.

Will didn't use his best judgment and didn't justify his opinion in the slightest, just hyperbolically REEEEEing into the void of the internet and expecting people to agree with him without any criticism in the slightest despite his airheaded comments and aggressive demeanor. I've had no reason to dislike the man before now, but he comes off as arrogant, entitled, and stupid in his string of Tweets here.

it's not demeaning when chinks and japs come to Europe and do it literally all the fucking time

most of them are literally wearing group t-shirts to showcase this fact, the least they can do is let us gawk at their weird shit

>"white savior"
Yeah ok the only white person in the whole film is just some politically active girl, the saviors are the dogs and the Japanese hacker kid.

dam its like theyre... tourists or something

Yknow if any movie was racist it was fucking Kubo not Isle of Dogs. They made the characters way of speaking Japanese but not their accents or their langauge. And they were constantly talking in faux-haikus. Saying shit like "it is the lily who truly knows the winds", bullshit faux-oriental crap.

>before having the introspective ability
bro, pick up strunk and white

dogs are, like, the whites of pets though.

how much soy do I have to take to become offended by a wes anderson movie?

his music is the whitest shit I've ever heard. It's like generic brand vanilla ice cream.

>liking car seat headrest
his album is so fucking boring sounding

grinning out loud

great kek

>american white trash is so devoid of culture and identity that it implodes when even slightly approaching actual ones
Lmao never change

Car Seat Headrest is the precise shit twitter kids make fun of with "when white people X" memes.

whites acting offended by other whites yet whites still act as protectors of non-whites

Maybe let the non-whites put their 2 cents in first

>"hedonists"
God get this tradcath/phil 102 meme off of this board.

Two tweets that perfectly encapsulate what it's like to be a CSH fan.

>tweets
what the fuck is wrong with me today, I'm sorry.

He sounds like he probably enjoys the penis's of less manly men

Attached: hell.jpg (900x900, 62K)

Japanese people don't give a shit about American media because they have their own industry, they literally can never understand why Americans complain about whitewashing because Japanese movies all feature Japanese people

>not listening to music because of the artists opinions
None of you actually do this, right?

Maybe American media should just contain white people.

NOBODY FUCKING TALKS ABOUT THIS!!!

He literally admired to viraling his shit on on here and there are archived bandcamp/post your work threads that he participated in.

I'm not trying to ruin his popularity but it pisses me off that so many people support him while ostracizing others (John Maus, for example) who happened to come into contact with ~altright~ groups when he literally got popular because of his involvement and presence on THIS FUCKING BOARD!!

Shut the fuck up Will and please just work on your music and stop lashing out at fellow musicians, directors and artists. You're going to be a laughing stock in 5 years when people realize how much your weak and whiney music compliments your personality.

Attached: 4L_HsRn01W3.jpg (708x1024, 79K)

underrated

I think that is where Japan's bias comes into play, since they view Americans as white people even though people who aren't white consider themselves Americans

>Much of the Japanese dialogue has been pared down to simple statements that non-speakers can figure out based on context and facial expressions.
Thats the fucking point!
How are people missing that the deportation of the dogs is a metaphor for current immigration politics.

I choose not to listen to CSH because I have taste.