Literally why?

Literally why?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=vT8OU5WtfkQ
twitter.com/AnonBabble

money, name recognition?

>a remake of a remake

wew

Fuck and theieryre going to make it PG 13 too to appeal to a wise audience....

money I guess. But I'm not sure.

I want the world, chico.

And everything on it

I know you meant "wide," but your post made me giggle anyway.

what is the thing?

how do you remake scarface with cellphones and internet

I don't care that they're making a remake but that is some really bad casting. Diego comes off as a pussy no matter how hard he tries to look tough.

the MEW movie was a prequel though.

They're going to make this in LA with a Mexican instead of a Cuban.

Gay. Cubans are brotier

At least he is brown, unlike Pacino.

Nu-Scarface

Wymin friendly

i will laugh so hard if this will be pg13

I'm getting tired of these remakes.

I'd rather have a Scarface remake over cape-shit and star-crap. At least people will be paying for a movie with real people in it.

can he pull of a crazy motherfucker?
i've never seem him before

no. He can pull off a faggy looking mexican though. He doesn't really have that much acting range.

You do realize that the 1980's Scarface is a remake, right?

>At least people will be paying for a movie with real people in it.

>cubans
>people

At least they got a Hispanic guy this time

that has nothing to do with his comment.

Fuck off to Sup Forums, edge-lord

Cubans are the shit. Their women are hot, the old school ones are redpilled, and the young ones sell cocaine. Nothing is more spectacular than cocaine.

>I'm getting tired of these remakes.
He is responding to learning about a Scarface remake. I'm just pointing out the irony of complaining about re-makes in a thread about remaking a movie that has been re-made already.

>edgelord
Where do you think you are?

>muh Sup Forums

stay triggered, brighteyes

And he's tired of it

Daisy ridley now is your chance

Are you dense?

They should have at least made the third version a little more topical, like the 1983 remake was. Instead of Tony being a Cuban coming to Miami or a Mexican coming to LA, have him be a Syrian coming to Cologne in 2015. The part of Gina would be played by a goat.

are you? you're the one getting buttblasted over someone saying he's tired of remakes. It doesn't matter if scarface was a remake, he's tired of remakes.

the two are worlds apart in terms of setting and tone, though. The plot is also substantially different.

Are you always so rigid and unimaginative during conversations?

>At least they got a Hispanic guy this time

Al Pacino gave a 10/10 performance in that movie. Image Raul Julia in that part.

why do americans pretend cubans are white

are you always so autistic?

leld

Would honestly be a perfect movie though, starting out as busboys in a Döner cafe, bitching about Germans putting Sauerkraut in everything.

10/10 would watch

we don't. They're either black or mexican.

>I'm ignorant and I like it

Damm Cletus think before you post

Joo want to fuck me, tony?

Jej

That could actually be amazing if done properly, and would speak to the liberal crowd.
Do it 4 lions style (without the humour) showing the way that a handful of criminals take advantage of the situation and the lax justice system to corrupt the youths and alienate their more moderate members

As I write that down, the concept could actually apply to any socio-political movement in the last 3 years
>the liberals who pushed for Hillary as president
>the alt-righters who turned into white-supremacists
>donald trump from announcing his candidacy through to winning the election
>feminists who made man-hating mainstream and began defending false-rape claims
>the videogames journalists who... [we know where that's headed]

Someone needs to get on this soon
It won't have the same impact if it's done in retrospect. I would do it myself if I had enough money to fund such a thing

If they make this pg-13. I will kill myself

Your face when they'll remove cocaine from it to make PG 13

>remaking a movie that isn't dated at all

Cubans look more like El Rato than El Pacino

So is he the Survivor?

The only person whose career really survived the originals was Harrison Ford, for the prequels it's Ewan Mcgregar. All the shitters in the new ones are probably gonna go the same way.

>tfw two different girls call me bright eyes

Hey did you know they are starting to close movie theaters now at a faster rate.

I wonder why

The only one being rigid as fuck is you

Are they going to play up the incest subplot with the sister

It could've been worse, for a moment I thought it was Mark Ruffalo in the thumbnail.

Where the hell do you think you are?

>implying they won't move the incest plotline to a couple of White hicks from northern Florida while Tony looks on and says "fucking White people, am I right?" while winking at the camera

>implying that wouldn't be more realistic
;)

Lol. No. You're lucky we voted in a cuck like Carter or you would be back in your Havana gulag.

>both the brother and sister are wearing MAGA hats
Brava, Directorstein!

Say hello to my lil fran

>It's a Hollywood has ran out of ideas and talent and desperately needs to stay afloat episode

This is more fake news bullshit that I see on FB all the time that is never going to happen

>in the mid 2000s rumors circulated about a straight sequel, Scarface 2: Son of Tony
>never materialized
>a few years later some Cuban rapper wants to do a tv series sequel to Scarface
>never materializes
>DiCaprio is linked to the role after Wolf of Wall Street
>never materializes
>Oscar Isaacs or w/e his name is, is connected to the project
>never materializes

I see shit like this circulating on FB all the time. Its unfounded garbage clickbait

lmao
Jesus, he was so terrible in the star wars movie.
Never watching this crap.

>I'd rather have a Scarface remake over cape-shit and star-crap
>implying those are the only other options

How about this. Instead of a remake of a movie that's already been remade, why not just make an original movie? A crime saga set in LA centered around the cartels, the border, and the cops/agents trying to take them down and the main character is a rising star for the cartel on the streets.

I think that was a mistake. Scarface should reflect crime from the lenses of the generation.

So 30s is Italians, 80s is Cuban cokeheads.

2010s should be like Syrian Refugees or gangbanger negros.

2010s should definitely be that nuwave gangster chic we see from the Cartel and that Ayer tried to ape in Wewicide Squad. I liked the look of those gangsters. The ones in End of Watch too.

Or maybe Russian mobsters.

Cause that would require
>a decent screenwriter with an original story
>a good director willing to make that story
>investors willing to invest in an unknown business venture
>uncertainty of how the film would turn out

This way they can just point to the original, and tell investors that they expect the remake to make even more (inflation, larger target audience). Any director can do it. Any screenwriter can do it.

Sicario is the best we can hope for what you're asking

The current business model is so terrible. They're afraid people won't go see original movies, half the movies they put out that are PG-13 should be R, which further kills the box office. But they're scared to release R movies because they're afraid no one will see them. There really are people out there going to see PG-13 lite remakes of better movies they already saw? This is a profitable venture?

Shits a gigantic money laundering scheme for globalist cartels. None of the numbers we see about what the movie made at the box office actually matter. But us cattle can't know that.

>2010's
>Reflection of the times so it should be a bunch of dindus
>Not Wall St. and high finance which robbed the world
TRIGGERED

>Cubans are brotier

Says the guy who's never been around Cubans

They are scum, next to Puerto Ricans and Dominicans

gangbangers were done to death in the 90s. shit's not cool anymore.

not a Sup Forums virgin but
>bright eyes
>taking that as an insult

Lol ok.

>Cubans are mexican
??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

Why though, if an old movie was done poorly and could be improved I understand a reboot but this is already perfect by everyones standards(except maybe SJW's who probably want a female lead).

oh right, money

Occupy Wall Street XD

>implying this isn't a good choice

GTFO star wars cucks

Will they be able to match the OST?

youtube.com/watch?v=vT8OU5WtfkQ

Amigo tienes que regresar a Méxioc, aquí en los United no nos quieren, en México si tienes estudisos y noestás wey ganas buen dinero y puedes viajar a USA a turistear u otras partes del mundo.

>Literally why?
Because the last 10 movies you went to were reboots, prequels, sequels, and remakes.
Because your friends and family did the same.
Because you won't take the chance on something new, unless it's comfy and looks like something else that's been made.

Hollywood goes where the money is. And the money is in making the same thing over again because people are too stupid to take a chance on something new.

it's not

for one, he doesn't look like a typical Mexican. secondly he has a bitch face and an overall soft demeanor. no one will be able to take him seriously as Tony Montana

How is Casablanca too sacred to remake but this isn't? Its literally a defining movie of a generation.

The previous movie I saw was more on an anthology-esque sequel and the one before that was totally original. Sequel fatigue is real and even soccer moms feel it. What you say is just what Hollywood thinks because they're several years behind the curve.

He already did in Casa de Mi Padre

>not on white fucking shits

No that'd be Felicity Jones and Donnie Yen.

Nobody wants a scarface remake at all let alone one starring a nuSpic

they announced this remake as far back as seven years ago and it was pitched as exactly that, a parable of a middle eastern refugee getting wrapped up in a crime syndicate.

sad to see them caving for a much safer (and probably sterile) remake that will have subtle "re imagining" of "say hello to my little friend" that will make me want to roll my eyes back permanently

Natalie Portman & Kiera Knightly too

An actor that can play the part is better than an actor that just looks the part.

>Diego Luna
Mexican drug mule sounds pretty modern, and a perfect compliment to the wall.

>Literally why?
Your last 3 presidents are to blame, and James Cameron.

-Clinton deregulated the banks
-Bush doesn't fix the deregulations despite 8 years of seeing shit about to burst
-Shit bursts
-World economy crashes
-Obama does lots to fix things but still fucks things over by giving billions to the banks
-people make less money
-people go see fewer movies because they have less money
-Movies cost more to make because success of Avatar bloats CGI budgets and everything has to be that quality or higher
-With people going to fewer movies and movies costing more, companies have to go with less gambles. So SEQUELS, PREQUELS, REBOOT, REMAKE.

Was hoping for Oscar Isaac.

Trump already won, why is this allowed?

tripgod has spoken

Deport all these fucking ugly beaners

Cinema is dead

SAY HOLA TO MI LITTLE SUDACA CABRONE

>white guy playing a cuban crime boss

Would be the perfect choice desu. Looks the part and has the acting chops.

That makes no sense.

"Say hello to my little southern asshole"

is this for real?

Luna is too much of a manlet to be menacing.