No really, how do we shame this epic fucking faggot out of existence?

No really, how do we shame this epic fucking faggot out of existence?

Attached: anthony-fantano.png (1200x675, 778K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=0KzKWtlc0nk&t=4211s
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

i like him

the fact that you think about this guy enough to make a thread about him proves you're a pathetic faggot.

who cares! saged!

Attached: Soytano.jpg (960x720, 106K)

His opinions don't really make any sense to me. He just tells you how he feels and acts like it's a fact or something.

His attitude/personality is also sickening. I would define his music taste as "Twittercore". He actually has very low-brow taste in music

there is no need to be upset

Attached: 1Ag1Ykbq.jpg (400x400, 24K)

I recently watched an old review of his (anamanaguchi - airbrushed) and back then he was a lot more self-aware, or up front about the fact that he's just trying to turn you onto music he likes. He fancies himself a kind of academic now doing talks at colleges and shit (probably some entry level bullshit music appreciation class).

how can you be this autistic

can you explain? My autism is preventing me from understanding this non sequitur

He gave Death Grips a 10. That should be enough to make him fuck off.

Hipsters keep him afloat.

>He fancies himself a kind of academic now doing talks at colleges and shit (probably some entry level bullshit music appreciation class).

Dude this is what blows my fucking mind. He acts like he is a sophisticated music expert, doing a high-brow analysis of every piece of garbage the faux-underground music community shits out.

I'm a professional classical musician, and his reviews nearly sound like 13 year old babble to me. He'll describe an album with words like "Grimy/punchy" like that even means anything.

Then he'll try to put the album into a historical context and just look at it in this really pretentious yet basic-bitch lense. Almost like he's reading off of a buzzfeed article about the album or something.

The guy truly makes me sick. Not even the fact that I think his taste in music is bad, but his attitude where he actually thinks that what he is saying is educational or something.

Hey Anthony

christ, you're such a pussy

hi user! you seem to have posted a thread on Sup Forums that isn't related to music! as such, I will need to report this thread. hopefully you understand. also, so this thread doesn't get any unwarranted attention beyond this post, I will also need to sage.
better luck next time, friend!

brutal

>a thread about a music commentator on a music board isn't Sup Forums related

faggot

Is this a political compass?

True

it's a soy compass

>classical education
Wew lad

Please feel free to report. I fucking hate this shitty board. Furthermore, I get banned here every time I post so I've lost all care for following the shitty fucking guidelines for this terrible goddamn fucking board.

You literally cannot have fun on this board like 80% of the time unless it's some meta-post with a picture of a negroid babble monkey referring to a stale Sup Forums meme

This board would go places with different mods desu

Also comments like these where it's just a vague smug reply that doesn't even make sense. It's constant on this board

Agree. I’m also a classical musician and to ne his reviews just sounds like a three year old describing music. He doesn’t even explain why the music is good/bad, just spouts buzzwords and talk about the lyrics.

Jesus guys no need to drench your opinions in reverb *laughs for no reason*

this is not okay

Attached: Screen Shot 2018-03-29 at 5.25.11 AM.png (522x374, 28K)

I like when he talks about the lyrics and tries to put it into historical context, usually by referring to how the music is actually rooted in an obscure 1980's underground movement in britain or some shit

He's a fucking brainlet and so are his viewers. Also a crypto-fat fuck

You’ve got the smug ‘tude. I can’t undo a decades worth of brainwashing in one night though. Classical training is akin to wine tasting. It’s highbrow and in a blind study the experts can’t tell the difference between a 10 or 1000 dollar bottle.

You know why.. because it’s about the product. If it sounds good it doesn’t matter if you can break it down into a million pieces because the artist wasn’t even thinking about them like that. The artist just sits there and composed what’s happening in the moment

>You know why.. because it’s about the product. If it sounds good it doesn’t matter if you can break it down into a million pieces because the artist wasn’t even thinking about them like that. The artist just sits there and composed what’s happening in the moment

What you just wrote is pure gibberish. Can you re-write that in English?

>Classical training is brainwashing!
What the fuck are you talking about. Classical training is just learning technique and theory.

>experts can't tell the difference between a 10 or 1000 dollar bottle
Lmao again, what are you trying to say?

Correct.

The final nail in the coffin for me was when he gave Depression Cherry a 6. And he also said there wasn’t any reverb on the album. I mean did he even listen to it?

I dig that album, what do you think it deserves?

I agree with you both as well. This is something that really gets on my nerves about his reviews. His descriptions are all buzzwords and he never really talks about the actual music.

I am not a classical musician like you guys, but I have been playing guitar for many years. It would be nice to see him talk a little bit more about the music theory behind a song instead of it just being "punchy". I think he doesn't actually know anything about music, which is pretty mind-blowing considering the fact that he is the "internet's busiest music nerd".

Bitch about him on Sup Forums's music board.

it's the most relevant music critic walking the planet
you can't shame him out of existence

You can, if he's done something shameful. So far, the worst offenses he's made is being liberal and pretentious. It's enough to keep a circle jerk going, but not enough to shame him.

If only all artists he reviewed were as autistic as Zomby and called his bullshit on twitter like he did.
I felt sorry for Zomby, the melon didn't even got the genre of the album right.

Attached: untitled.jpg (181x187, 7K)

>So far, the worst offenses he's made is being liberal and pretentious.
at least he's not radical
also how the fuck are you gonna talk about pretension while posting on Sup Forums you mong

>He just tells you how he feels and acts like it's a fact or something.
>He fancies himself a kind of academic now
>He acts like he is a sophisticated music expert
This isn't an accurate description of his attitude at all. Y'all know this is just his opinion, right?
Classical training is for insecure/gullible people who come out of their training under the impression that Jill Scott is a bad singer.

How do you become a classical musician without classical training?

You aren’t making any sense and I doubt you know anything about classical music

first try to kick him out of your head because hes living there rent free

We're talking about contemporary music through the lens of a contemporary music critic, we were never talking about classical music. I don't believe you became a classical musician, by the way.

You didn’t answer my question and yes I am a classical teacher/performer

It’s a 10 for me, probably the best album of the decade. The melodies, chord progressions and general sound of it is fucking gorgeous.

I can see why someone would think it’s kinda slow and whatnot, but a 6 is just wrong.

>someone's opinion on an album is wrong because I like the album

he doesn't review classical music, why would you need to learn classical music to review non classical music? Makes no sense

I'm plenty pretentious, I can't say I'm really ashamed of it. I agree with the posters on here saying his knowledge of music theory doesn't translate proportionally with his videos, but they don't have to watch him. They can even make videos to rebuke him directly, or recommend better Youtubers. Living in a relatively free first-world society is dope like that. But, while few choose to be proactive when it comes to defending their principles, most choose to circle jerk.

I don't really know what I'm replying to, I'm drunk.

His political views are mostly decent and well informed, despite the vast amounts of alt-right/white supremacist propaganda and bro-losophers dominating Youtube these days. Tastewise, he's meh. I'd rather listen to Chris Ott discuss music.

It’s not that. It’s that many of the things he said in the review doesn’t make sense, and make it seem like he didn’t even listen to the album.

Why would I answer that question and allow you to totally change the subject so that you can deflect?

they made sense to me, famalam. you sound like you're biased, like you're dealing with a personal incredulity fallacy

>epic fucking faggot
stopped reading

Never said he did, but classical and pop are not at all mutually exclusive. Classical is just ooo expanded

My point was that Fantano is a fucking idiot who who got high on the smell of his own farts and forgot that he’s a fucking YouTuber, not a sophisticated music critic

Classical is just pop expanded***

Listen my guy I am a fan of his, been subscribed a long time to his main and shitposting channels. I understand that this is his opinion and I respect his opinion. I don't think what I said is mutually exclusive to that.

me

I'm just not seeing this ego that you're seeing. If he thought highly of himself, he wouldn't do joke segments like Not Good and the yunoreview videos. Most of his reviews are under 10 minutes long.

Y'all know this is just my opinion right?

seems to be a fairly new phenomenon where people in niche spaces who gain a substantial platform start thinking all their ideas are great, not just the ones in their niche.

I'm talking about his lectures/speaking tours. Have you watched any? They are bad.

Everyone has opinions. Not everyone goes on a speaking tour.

The original appeal of Fantano was that he was a regular guy who seriously loved music, and he would review all kinds of different music and give them a fair shake. That was originally the frame of his videos. Cool idea, I liked that and I like hearing regular people’s opinions on things.

Now the frame of his videos is that he is a true and tried music critic who is far above it all. Most albums are not meta enough for him and not as self-aware as he himself is. He has lost any perspective in terms of his actual understanding of music. He had this entire persona going while he is still just a regular guy who doesn’t know dick about music.

Now, it gets worse, he’s starting to venture outside of music (which he already knows nothing about) and inserting his worthless opinion into other subjects.

The guy is fucking insufferable.

No, I didn't watch those because they aren't on his channel. I thought we were talking about his reviews. I guess you may have a point. Although I won't knock the guy for finding a new source of income besides Youtube. Especially if those venues were inviting him to come, which I assume is true of the colleges.

>Now the frame of his videos is that he is a true and tried music critic who is far above it all
Not even remotely true

this is the one I'm thinking of. They did invite him. youtube.com/watch?v=0KzKWtlc0nk&t=4211s

I wouldn't judge him that harshly personally. It does seem like his takes are coming from a different headspace now, a sort of pitchforky headspace, less raw emotion. His older reviews are just better. But people change, ideas change. Is what it is. I tolerate his politics, agree with him on some and disagree on others.

Fuck me is it worth watching? I can take that with me to work on Friday if it's at least funny. I'm not up for watching an hour and a half just to confirm whether or not he's a tool now. The fact that they invited him sort of forgives whatever annoying shit he might say, though.

No, don't waste your time haha. Was just citing what I was talking about if anyone's curious.

LE ANONYMOSE IS LEGIOUN!!!!!!

you say he has bad "taste" when he really just listens to a bit of everything

>He just tells you how he feels and acts like it's a fact or something.

I can't take people who make this kind of complaint seriously. Do you want him to insert the phrase "in my opinion" into every one of his sentences?

> he’s starting to venture outside of music (which he already knows nothing about)
the dude has two channels one on music and one about himself, it is literally named "fantano". he would never record a video, for example, about killer mike's gun ownership on tnd, and if you don't agree with what he is saying outside of his musical opinion just don't subscribe to fantano. also, despite the fact I don't agree with some the shit he says on fantano, i don't think he doesn't have the right to branch out onto stuff that interests him. the only critique i can give him is that he is a bit condescending and snobbish at times, and forgets that he has a very large platform he easily influences and should tread lightly on certain topics, otherwise, someone will just call him out (like fader did)

Why does he hate Chris Brown so much? I've only heard the guy featured in some songs and he wasn't that bad.