Where were you when you learned the Constitution was outdated?

>I think law schools should be hiring a higher percentage of lawyers with significant practical experience

>On a different subject, I worry that law professors are too respectful of the Supreme Court, in part perhaps because they don't want to spoil the chances of their students to obtain Supreme Court clerkships. I think the Supreme Court is at a nadir.

>I see absolutely no value to a judge of spending decades, years, months, weeks, day, hours, minutes, or seconds studying the Constitution, the history of its enactment, its amendments, and its implementation (across the centuries—well, just a little more than two centuries, and of course less for many of the amendments).

>Eighteenth-century guys, however smart, could not foresee the culture, technology, etc., of the 21st century. Which means that the original Constitution, the Bill of Rights, and the post–Civil War amendments (including the 14th), do not speak to today.

>In short, let's not let the dead bury the living.
>---Richard Posner
slate.com/articles/news_and_politics/the_breakfast_table/features/2016/supreme_court_breakfast_table_for_june_2016/law_school_professors_need_more_practical_experience.html

Someone's bitter they never made it to the Supreme Court...

The bill of rights and constitution are still effective guidelines regardless of technological advancements. The left just likes to use this as an excuse to try and change it because they know the average American has never read the constitution and couldn't even give you more than 3 of the first 10 amendments.

But that nigga is speaking at the Federalist Society, which is all about the Bill of Rights

>I see absolutely no value to a judge of spending decades, years, months, weeks, day, hours, minutes, or seconds studying the Constitution, the history of its enactment, its amendments, and its implementation (across the centuries—well, just a little more than two centuries, and of course less for many of the amendments).

Dropped right there. Constitution outlines the basic guidelines that all laws must follow. As said, someone is pissy they didn't make it big as a constitutional lawyer and get on the Supreme Court

None of you have noticed yet?

Damn Sup Forums has changed

>I see no value in a judge studying the law

lolwut

>Richard Posner

jews like posner have pretty much destroyed this culture and its constitution

(((Richard Posner)))

It never fails.

(((((((((((posner)))))))))))))

>2 posts by this ID

Jews hate the Constitution and try every day to destroy it.

Leftist gun control fag thinks the Constitution sucks, big surprise.

Look behind the mask, what do we see?

You're right, Freedom is speech is unneeded in today's atmopsherer

What the fuck is up with these cunts? It's like saying "it's outdated" is a very quick and easy way for them to disregard it. They don't explain HOW it's outdated, they just say that it is and move on. Another thing that must be asked is the threshold in which laws and orders become outdated? How easily do they become outdated?

>(((Posner)))

WHY DID I EVEN BOTHER LOOKING IT UP

There is very little about The USC that wouldn't exist in any Western country. It's the linux kernel of government. There isn't much that you can add or remove that wouldn't simply create a dictatorship

Everybody knows that, that isn't the issue here

The issue is
>Posner

I didn't even see his name desu but now that you mention it

>Born to a Jewish family in New York City
>Jewish

Ask him how he feels about rabbis having spent the last 2000 years studying the Torah and if it is still relevant.

the constitution adapts with the times and cant be outmoded thanks to the amendment process that allows it to adapt to the current times needs; all while ensuring to suppress the government's natural inclination towards absolutism. the biggest flaw of the constitution is the supreme court, which the founding fathers even acknowledged

I already knew before I even saw his name. It's always the same

Boom.

He's right

Everytime