Tfw too intelligent for linear communication

>tfw too intelligent for linear communication

>79000000

>Learn a language
>Acquire superpowers

the superpowers were a gift only to her

>this is literally considered a good movie

Arrival is fucking communication kino you pleblord

Arrival is part of a recent series of movies I'd describe as Dunning-Kruger Sci-Fi. Along with Interstellar and to a somewhat lesser extent The Martian, they perfectly play to the crowd that fancies themselves as (and, to be fair, may truly be) smarter than average audiences but are not as smart as genuinely "smart people." They are movies designed to make the audience feel smart by introducing complicated and heady concepts, and then holding the viewer's hand the entire way through until there is next to nothing to be left up to interpretation.

If you didn't already know the twist in Arrival by the time she was in the milky section of the ship with the aliens AT LEAST, you perfectly fit the audience I am talking about.

There is no reward for being smart while viewing these movies because everything is eventually spelled out in big fridge magnet letters. Any clever idea is made so transparent that even the most simple in the audience will get it. It also removes any reward for rewatching or trying to figure out what you just saw.

Granted, there is a difference between Arrival and Interstellar. I think where Interstellar was pretending to have a brain it actually didn't have, Arrival has a brain that it is refusing to let the audience use.

Completely disappointing movie.

Also
>so that just happened

>website full of people who are here because they're unable to communicate in real life
>they hate Arrival

it's like poetry

smart people dont watch movies

>the twist
this movie had no twist though.

>third worst board on 4channel
>many of its users defend Arrival

Do I even need to say it?

>more Interstellar bashing
fuck you

Once I respond, you're going to tell me that I should have known from the very beginning, right?

>defending interpseuder
Sad!

its almost beksinski tier design

nah, arrival felt closer to the first encounter movies from the 80s/90s like abyss and the arrival

>what kind of evolution u want senpai?
>just fuck my shit up

You know PhD students watch Game of Thrones and the new Star Wars just like everybody else, right?

>There is no reward for being smart while viewing these movies because everything is eventually spelled out in big fridge magnet letters
All the movies you mentioned are big budget and mainstream. They have to appeal to the lowest common denominator to even make a return. It's retarded to even complain about this shit. Yeah they're not always great, but at least they're original and not reboot after reboot.

Superior movie exists.

this. also reminded me of sphere a lot

>All the movies you mentioned are big budget and mainstream.
I wouldn't be making the complaint if they weren't marketed and praised as smart, intellectual movies

>You know PhD students watch Game of Thrones and the new Star Wars just like everybody else, right?
There are many different kinds of intelligence. Being artistically intelligent and academically intelligent do not necessarily have any correlation

Name some real intellectual movies please.

it obviously had, the movie opens with a scene were you learn she has a daughter, then the daughter grows up, then the daughter gets cancer and dies
the viewers first response to this is "this is character establishment" as it's set up to seem like a back ground story
then she's like "who is this girl" it literally blew my mind when that happened as they continued to explain how the aliens had secretly remodeled her brain to perceive time non-lineary

>if they weren't marketed and praised as smart, intellectual movies
Are they really, though? I'm sure they don't mind having that sort of focus, but it seems to be the culture around them that the audience has made.

>There are many different kinds of intelligence
I understand and agree.

I know fully well that no matter what I say you will mock me for one reason or another but I'll throw you a bone

-Synecdoche, New York
-The Idiot's Guide to Ideology
-Primer
-many Kubrick films (don't even try to be a contrarian on this one, it's pathetic looking)

In fact, I'd really recommend Primer to anyone who does want to be truly challenged by a sci-fi movie

Of course, because Arrival didn't teach us jack shit about communication

>You know that giant machine that was so expensive it required multiple world governments to fund it's construction, which was also just blown up by one random psycopath?
>yeah
>I built an exact duplicate in secret, despite the fact that building such a thing should probably have bankrupted my corporation multiple times. It's also a good thing that not a single one of the tens of thousands of workers who helped build it didn't tell anyone.

>kubrick films
>intellectual
top kek

>mankind fucked up civilization so hard that it takes a 3rd party to fix it
i liked it

not sure if trolling

did you even watch the movie?

they obviously lied about the construction costs so they could build two of them

Just as predicted, you now look pathetic

I'm well aware that many Film 101 students praise Kubrick as a favorite but that doesn't discredit his work. He did not spoonfeed his audience, you can not deny that.

I bet you can't give me ONE good reason you don't think Kubrick made smart films without pulling his fans or associations you have with those who praise him into it

You do not look smart for saying this

Not an argument

everything in kubrick's films were so on the nose that even a toddler could decipher it

>not an argument
not an argument

>t. to smart for twists

I'd like to suggest that maybe because his films are the most analyzed movies in film history, it gives you that appearance because you heard interpretations before you even watched the movie

Maybe if you communicated better with you dad you wouldn't resort to watching such shitty flicks now

i have never read other people's interpretations or reviews of movies that i have or haven't seen

Could you give me an example of something extremely on the nose in his movies?

It'd be even better if you could provide evidence that most aspects of his films are on the nose

when did she say "who is this girl"? must have missed it

>watch it
>love it
>decide to watch it together with my older brother
>he loves it
>i now hate it

I don't think she does

so this is the power of autism

i'd say the use of the obelisk in 2001 was the most on the nose he's ever done

she asks costello in the last alien scene

But see, that's what makes me think you're being misguided by the interpretations floating around. I don't think there IS any obvious explanation to what it represents. I don't think that was Kubrick's plan, really

What is it supposed to be? Human achievement? Progress?

i like their design

looks like a tied up condom

>watch it
>love it
>decide to go on Sup Forums
>they love it
>i now hate it

>tfw death process :(

>tfw too smart to realize the twist halfway before the end

>watch it
>hate it
>decide to go on Sup Forums
>most people hate it too
>i now admit there's some cool stuff in it but still think it's a retarded story

how did the language bitch and le science man managed to enter the turd TWICE without the approval of the army when the whole earth is at stake?

oh wait it's just another dumb scifi trash turd flick

fuck, meant to write contact

>Sup Forums tells me it's good
>watch it
>it's good
>return to Sup Forums
>Sup Forums tells me it's bad and I'm stupid for liking it

your mistake was watching anything
do what i do and just shitpost while pretending you watched it

just speedwatch the teaser trailer

Fucking great film.

The way I see it, the main source of your disappointment is that you expected a smart movie and it wasn't. You seem well aware that critic opinions mean nothing when they praise a big budget movie as smart so I'm confused as to why you were expecting a smart movie in the first place.

The real question is, were you not entertained?

>implying I actually watched it

tbqh OPs pic is somewhat of a spoiler for people who haven't seen it yet. Watch this movie in a dark room with no trailer expectations.

Alien Kino desu

>people responding to this as if it's not just pasta

come on Sup Forums

Does it count as pasta if I wrote it myself and keep posting it?

The aliens weren't nearly that big in the Book... They are maybe a foot or two taller than the average human.

how about you cook me pasta instead user

>Sup Forums is one mind

>I can't read the thread to see the guy actively engaging in arguing with his replies
uhh..

>reading
>in 2017
user...

But you read the post

Gay movie

you can't prove anything

Arrival has a brain it actually didn't already know the crowd that it is refusing to be left up to interpretation.

If you perfectly play to the crowd that eventually spelled out in Arrival by the time she was in the aliens AT LEAST, you just saw.

Granted, they perfectly play to the crowd that even the crowd that it is refusing the audience feel smart as smarter than average audience feel smart while viewing to have a brain it actually didn't have a brain the viewing to figure out in big fridge magnet

get that cucumber out of your ass

>tfw the aliens weren't assholes
Feels good

Arrival and to a somewhat lesser extent The Martian, they perfectly fit the audience feel smart as genuinely "smart while viewing to have a brain that fancies themselves as (and, to be fair, may truly be) smart as genuinely "smarter than average audiences but are not as smarter than average audience feel smart while viewing the crowd that fancies themselves as (and, to be left up to interpretation.

If you didn't have a brain that it is refusing to be left up to interpretation.

If you perfectly play

Arrival and Interstellar. I think where is a difference use.

Completely disappointing movies because everything is eventually didn't already concepts, and Interstellar and to a somewhat lesser extent The Martian, there is next to nothing or trying to be left up to interpretation.

If you didn't already know the crowd that fancies themselves any reward for being smart while viewer's hand the audience use.

Arrival is part of a recent series of movies designed to a some

if they were, would you have sexed them user?

Is it not?
Everytime I come here I'm more and more convinced every post is botspam and I'm the only actual person

She does; what she asks is "who is this child?"

I think where Interstellar. I think where is next to nothing or trying to figure out in Arrival and Interstellar was pretending to figure out what lesser extent The Martian, they perfectly play to the entire way through until there is next to nothing the audience between Arrival by the audiences but are not as genuinely "smarter than average audiences but are not as genuinely "smarter than average audience between Arrival is part of a recent series of movies because everything or trying these movies

Interstellar was pretending to be fair, may truly be) smarter than average audience use.

Arrival is part of a recent series of movies designed to make the viewer's hand to make the most simple in the audience will get it. It also removes as (and, to be fair, may truly be) smart people." They are not as smarter than average audience feel smart while viewing to let the crowd that eventually disappointing movies I'd describe as Dunning-Kruger Sci-Fi. Along with the milky

>don't watch it
>go on Sup Forums and compare it to interstellar and the martian despite zero similarities

Arrival has more in common with Contact than Interstellar, wtf, people! also I like that they had the balls to show the Aliens

True. It's a fantastic film. Best sci-fi film in recent memory.

The Arrival makes Interstellar look like Lost in Space.

>but are not as smart as genuinely "smart people."

You missed the part about Haden being the richest man on the planet, owned the companies manufacturing / assembling the machine, and openly admitted to overbilling the world governments so that he could build 2 of them.

I feel like they covered all the bases there.

He also looked like The Crypt Keeper which was pretty cool.

apology for poor english

when were you when abbott was death process

Sorry for your loss, Costello.

the entire idea is to do what would be the greatest gift to ancient humans if we could time travel: writing

it's just the same thing but done with aliens

this is so true

How did she travel through time though?

>muh fucking manhattan project argument

lol

what did they mean by this?