Disney depiction of obese Polynesian god in film Moana sparks anger

>Disney depiction of obese Polynesian god in film Moana sparks anger
>Portrayal of the god Maui has prompted debate over unhealthy stereotypes of Polynesian men on screen
>The depiction of a Polynesian character in a Disney film has prompted anger across the Pacific islands, with one New Zealand MP saying the portrayal of the god Maui as obese was “not acceptable”.

Lord give me strength. Disney needs to just make all movis about animals now, to not offend people.

theguardian.com/world/2016/jun/27/disney-depiction-of-obese-polynesian-god-in-film-moana-sparks-anger

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/KGlYyAvPWc0
nature.com/ijo/journal/v23/n11/pdf/0801053a.pdf?origin=publication_detail
cnn.com/2015/05/01/health/pacific-islandsobesity/
cbsnews.com/news/battling-american-samoas-75-percent-obesity-rate/
youtube.com/watch?v=jbM3PwcGi0g
dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2358371/American-Samoas-battle-obesity-95-cent-nation-declared-overweight.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Uhuru. PROUD OF YOUR BOY!!

Whatever happened to "beauty at any size"? Guess that doesn't apply for dudes?

fuck them

literally who gives a fuck

Maui is just going for bearmode

It's literally a cartoon.

>In Māori mythology, Māui is a culture hero famous for his exploits and his trickery.

>His last, fatal trick was on the Goddess Hine-nui-te-pō. In attempting to make mankind immortal by changing into a worm, entering her vagina and leaving by her mouth while she slept, she crushed him with the obsidian teeth in her vagina.

He's not even obese, he's strongfat.

Maybe if pacific islanders lost some fucking weight people wouldn't potray them and their gods as fat guys.

>Portrayal of the god Maui has prompted debate over unhealthy stereotypes of Polynesian men on screen

I wasn't aware of any stereotypes at all for polynesian people. other than samoans are good at football I guess

Thankfully someone has common sense.

youtu.be/KGlYyAvPWc0

They're not the hottest though.

Most people would say someone like Alexander Skarsgård is the most attractive.

Because this hasn't already been done for centuries

>literally fat shaming

Anthropomorphizing animals is a blasphemy in Islam. So you're fucked on that front, too.

Better to make films about...black Nobel Prize winning scientists.

DO YOU SMELL WHAT THE ROCK IS COOKIN'?!

The men on the top look the same. Certain Africans and the island people they like fat people and other different things. It's all good. What'd they expect a blonde twink?

One is being shit wrestlers

>bearmode
>obese
Oh please. Why are these people given any attention?

Heh, I still remember reading that in school. She crushed him because a particular native bird couldn't stop itself from laughing, which caused the goddess to wake up.

>Stereotypes
Nigger what?

The male obesity rate in Polynesia is like 80%

>black Nobel Prize winning scientists
thats racist because it would be about an uncle tom

Who was busted for steroids.

They're thin-spirited though so that doesn't count

>3 hottest men
>somehow being the average

Islam hates furries? Now I don't know what to think.

>Implying the (((Nobel Prize))) is a bad thing

Oy fucking vey. Bad Goy!

Oh, come on. I don't see women throwing a fit when a movie depicts a female who can drive.

"At higher BMI levels, Polynesians were significantly leaner than Europeans, implying the need for separate BMI definitions of overweight and obesity for Polynesians."

"At higher body mass index levels, Polynesians (Maori and Samoans combined) had a significantly higher ratio of lean mass : fat mass compared with Europeans."

nature.com/ijo/journal/v23/n11/pdf/0801053a.pdf?origin=publication_detail

Since when was Roman Reigns in Hollywood?

lol, this is why you NEVER give any liberals any ground.

BODY SHAMING!

second post best post

have these people ever fucking seen Hawaiians? they're obese as shit

> in hollywood

in real life polynesians are fat fucks

jews are fucking racist, news at 11

I always thought Vin Diesel was Mexican.

Roman and Rocky are half white. Rocky Johnson isn't The Rock's real father.

Yamaha, Rikishi and Yokozuna were pretty fucking fat though

checked

Umaga
>autocorrect

I have not seen an islander over 30 who isn't fat as fuck in my entire life

This is how Maui looks in New Zealand. It's the equivalent of whitewashing by making him fat and ugly to appease SJWs

More

My favourite one is where he tortures the sun for being a cunt.
What a lad.

More

is anyone even sure these "debates" even occur? WHERE DID THE DEBATE OCCUR? Its all bullshit "drama" to stir discussion.

They are fat as fuck.
cnn.com/2015/05/01/health/pacific-islandsobesity/
cbsnews.com/news/battling-american-samoas-75-percent-obesity-rate/

>Fat shaming
I thought we were past this liberal media

Roman Reigns just got popped for steroids, and the Rock sure as fuck, is on gear.

As for Jason, I don't know.

I remember these from primary school
Maui was a top lad tbqh

Roman Reigns isn't even on TV right now let alone Hollywood.

Who are his friends in that image?

If I recall, Maui is kind of a shit head in this one

So THAT'S what the Rock is...

fucking pussies
Thank god there are countries in which having strong fats isn't being talked politically and people are judged based on their power.
Westerner pussies excluding Iceland should just kts.

Hawaii fag here. All three of those dudes are Hawaiian mix. They are not full bloods by any means.

The sun always scared the shit out of me

youtube.com/watch?v=jbM3PwcGi0g

I thought fat people were beautiful though? Or is that just fat women?

His brothers.

Various rugby teams and the fucking all blacks cunt.

Do they do anything noteworthy?

He looks more solid than fat though. Built like a fucking tank. He would wreck your shit man.

>Romain Reigns in Hollywood
He's so shit that even wrestling fans couldn't stand him and, you know, that's not exactly a medium known for high quality acting standards. Balee dat.

Catching the sun in his net woven from flax, and fishing up the North island while sailing the South Island around as a canoe. Truly a top lad

Seems like a Volstagg type design. Girthy from being so tough.
The stereotype for all these island types is they're huge. Either tall and muscley or fat.

If I recall they act like a pack of Assholes the second Maui turns his back. Maori legends are delightfully misanthropic

They're not supposed to live past 25-30.
There it is.
They're all mutts.
Just like the average American.

>other tribes see the sun as the ultimate god and must be respected
>this not australians see him as a fucking faggot and beat the crap outta of it

Noice

A fantail (bird) was laughing at Maui climbing into the vagina-dentata which woke the godess killing him... Everyone is a cunt to maui.

to be fair all maori myths are creepy as fuck. e.g. Hatupatu and the bird woman gives me nightmares.

reminder that this fat fucks weapon is his grandmothers jaw. Imagine how fat she was...

They stole bits off the fish while he wasn't looking, this is the Maori legend for why there's mountains and valleys and bays on the North Island.

Also Maui cut out his grandmother's jawbone to use as a fish hook and used his own blood as bait.

To be fair I'm heavily against fat heroes.

Fat should never be acceptable.

Nothing offensive about it but it's a bad message for the children.

I was told he beat the shit out of the fish making it lumpy. Chinese whispers pls.

Literally who (except for the rock...who I thought was Egyptian)?

Have you visited the rest area with the rock with scratch marks on it?

Supposedly the site where someone escaped the bird woman

>Nothing offensive about it but it's a bad message for the children.
That's your entire fucking history you chink eyed asexual slug, so stop with your moral high ground. Fat cunts are fat cause they cant stop eating. Other people are not because they can stop eating.

How is Roman Reigns one of the "hottest men in Hollywood?" He's not even liked in the wrestling world.

THIS IS FAT SHAMING

i like you more than a friend

That is a way fucking better mythology than what i learned about our natives. That is an awesome god.

Left is Roman Reigns, Rocks cousin and WWE wrestler

Right is Jason Mamoa from Game of Thrones, Conan, and Aquaman in the Justice League movie.

>Liberals are now mad about X

Who gives a fuck? They're always offended about something.

those tatoos are incredibly D A N K but it looks like it'd take ages to draw

lol...

American Samoa's battle against obesity as 95 per cent of the nation are declared overweight

dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2358371/American-Samoas-battle-obesity-95-cent-nation-declared-overweight.html

The cuck rate of White men is like 80%. Everybody knows it, but the white male dominated entertainment industry doesn't enforce that. Racism confirmed.

lol
be serious, he looks dorky - not in that pic, but in films.
go Keanu or go home

>Top 3
>Half White
>Bottom
>Full Blooded

They always ignore the White part

>The cuck rate of White men is like 80%.

I'm not nearly as hip as you. WTF do you mean by this shit?

But he's The Guy!

The real question comes down to how many Polynesian's where in decision making positions? Is this just another white man's movie?

Canada lying on Anonymouse board is degenerate.
In real life or in sjw sites you can lie to acknowledge people to show how irrelevant they are to you. But in here yoi don't do it. You can state that they are irrelevant but you cannot use same sense of expression.

Polynesians sometimes have that whale blubber. Thats the difference between folk and Hollywood.

Poor Disney, they are going to lose out on all those Polynesian Islander dollars. Time to sell the stock and have one last auto-erotic-asphyxiation experience.

>Maoris have a myth about kneecapping the sun
what the fuck

the Rock is half-Canadian half-Samoan

Eh man Maori's like that do exist though, seriously they have to be the biggest cunts in the world. My uncle is one and he's 6.8 and pretty bulk, white as though.

I have seen maori's like disney's so it's not exactly inaccurate either. They're not even proper obese they are just slabs of muscle it's fucking mental.

Let's be serious, pure blood Polynesians are some of the ugliest people on earth. Especially the women.