It's time to face the facts. The NFL has too many teams, that's why everyone sucks...

It's time to face the facts. The NFL has too many teams, that's why everyone sucks. Colleges just can't shit out talent fast enough. So, let's go ahead and fix it by removing a team from every division.

>AFC North
The Bengals, so that they'll suffer with the Browns, and we won't lose that important part of the league
>AFC East
The Jest, who else?
>AFC South
The Tits. If they were still the Oilers, I'd probably pick the Texans instead, but they're not.
>AFC West
Chorgers, no contest
>NFC North
This is tough, since they all have history. I'd have to choose the Loins though; they have the least special history
>NFC East
Another tough one. While the Eagles are the newest and least distinct, fuck DC, so the skins will have to lose the pigskin.
>NFC South
Probably the Panthers. "Carolina" is new and doesn't even have a city. The Carolinas did just fine pulling for the Falcons and the Cowboys, and they can do it again.
>NFC West
Probably the Tardinals. They're simply too ordinary

Template in first post

>AFC North

>AFC East

>AFC South

>AFC West

>NFC North

>NFC East

>NFC South

>NFC West

If teams didn't need so many players, there wouldn't be an apparent talent shortage.

Why do you need dedicated offensive and defensive teams to take to the field? Just have players who can play both roles.

Nobody would want to do that cause then they would be tired as fuck and what if someone gets hurt.

Because they'd fucking die? You wouldn't survive getting beat down all the time on both sides of the ball.

>>NFC North
>This is tough, since they all have history. I'd have to choose the Loins though; they have the least special history

Please, if you had list all the NLF teams, everybody would forget the Vikings.

There are too many games to keep track of anyway; the league has fat that it could stand to lose

Should just collapse the whole AFC South desu. Indy is the only one even worth arguing about keeping.

Most of the others I agree with except:
> NFC East
Has to be the Eagles. Cowboys v. Redskins is a good Thanksgiving rivalry

Some fundamental changes to the way football is played should be looked at then. Less focus on outright flooring your opposition at full speed and more focus on tackling technique?

I seriously don't get the logic of a 53 man list, with 46 in the actual game but only 11 on the field at once.
11 on the field with 7 or so substitutes should be plenty to work with.

But they were a dynasty at one point, right? Maybe two points? I know there's the Purple People Eaters, but there'a also the late 90s.

And the Loins?

>removing any NFC East or NFC North teams
You're a commie. Eat shit and die.

How about we make it easy and just remove two divisions.

>AFC North
Three past-their-prime rustbelt cities that wouldn't get teams if they were around today, and one mid-Atlantic city that plays second fiddle to the nation's capital. Goodbye AFCN.

>NFC South
Three smaller/irrelevant cities and Atlanta, which is barely relevant anyway. Now I don't have to give a fuck about football anymore, thank god.

>falcons lose to dolphins
>aaron rodgers out
>cowboys and giants suck
>patriots have no defense
>rothlisberger basically retired

Are the eagles, dare I say it, the next owl champs?

>Keeping the AFC South and losing the NFC South
Naw man

> muh endurance

There's too much intricate shit for a player to play on both sides of the ball and it would be way to hard on the body. Football isn't fluid like soccer, half the game is about planning and strategizing based on the formation of players on the field and even the types of players. Different positions need to excel at different things and it takes a very long time to physically condition yourself to play that position and to learn all the subtleties of said position.

Not only that but it's just not practical considering how often injuries occur. I do agree that something should be done (maybe revert back to leather helmets so players won't use their heads as weapons anymore and will have to focus on proper tackling)

Get rid of the Souths in generals and remake the North into the Central. Like the good old days.

Trouble is, the audience has a taste for gladiatorial headbashing at this point; as the NFL is a TV league, they need their brutish aesthetic

Which isn't to say I'm above it or anything. I love my high-speed nigger collisions as much as anyone.

>Gee, let's guarantee that the South will only watch college ball
At least keep the Falcons (in the place of the Chargers)

the nfl should only have 2 teams: 1 good one and 1 bad one.

The win rate would be even, knowing the NFL

Reminder that the AFC East is literally the best division in football right now

that's the point, they wouldn't go balls out every single play anymore. they'd leave a little in the tank. there would be fewer injuries because you wouldn't have 20 angry turbo niggers hurling themselves through the air at excessive velocities every second... they'd ton it down a ton so they don't get gassed.

>But they were a dynasty at one point, right?

So were the Lions, just because it was before the corporate meme "superb owl" doesn't change that, they dominated the league throughout the 1950s and have been in the NFL since 1934 (1929 if you count when they were the Portsmouth Ohio Spartans).

The Vikings didn't exist until 1961.

>maybe revert back to leather helmets so players

will literally die on the field...

That's pretty compelling; Loins will take the Vikes' place in OP's NFL 2018

>not the Vikings

theres a reason anything resembling talent on that team ends up dead

football gods do not want them

you could redo the divisions, no sense in taking out a team from every division, just kick out the 8 worst teams
Ravens, Browns, Colts can all share 1 team.
Kick out the Jags Texans and Titans.
Cardinals, Panthers, Bucs

There, it's fixed.

>Ravens, Browns, Colts can all share 1 team.
>Keeping the Chargers over any of these teams
I'd say:
> Jags Texans and Titans
> Cardinals, Pans, Busc
but:
>Chorgers, Ravens

If youre only going to have 24 teams than you need 3 divisions in each conferences. Pretty much how it was 15 years ago but with less teams.

>AFC East
Patriots
Bills
Dolphins
Ravens

>AFC Central
Steelers
Bengals
Colts
Texans

>AFC West
Broncos
Chiefs
Raiders
Seahawks

>NFC EAST
Giants
Eagles
Falcons
Saints

>NFC Central
Packers
Bears
Vikings
Lions

>NFC West
49ers
Rams
Cowboys
Cardinals

>Browns
>Jest
>Jags
>Titans
>Chargers
>Redskins
>Busc
>Pans

I'd probably swap the Browns and the Cardinals (put the Texans in NFC West, and have the browns take their spot.

I also might sub the Saints for the Skins

Remove Cowboys.
Problem solved.

-just fucking get rid of the bengals and browns, 2 forever caca teams that no one will unironically miss
-send seacocks over to the afc
-realign teams to actual area proximity
-get rid of north and south, replaced with central
-have 6 divisions, 5 teams each
-keep the 6 team per conference for playoffs and 2 team byes
-3 division winners and 3 wild cards, best wild card gets home field for wildcard round, rest of wild card are visitors
-draft is same except first 10 1st round picks will be randomized, so constantly shit teams dont always first pick promising talent and fuck them over like the browns
-as a team in the top 10 in the 1st round, you are randomly given your pick, then you can trade the pick or select your player.
-players cannot bring outside bullshit into games (political or racial), auto 4 game suspension, no appeal and teams cannot release you or blackball you for doing that dumb shit unless you do it a 2nd time within the football season.

well, some have to die first to let the others eventually understand and change their ways

let them understand through pain, blood and tears

>draft is same except first 10 1st round picks will be randomized, so constantly shit teams dont always first pick promising talent and fuck them over like the browns

I'd lower this to five, but this is a great idea; suddenly draftb owls cease to exist, and tanking becomes less rewarding

>my teams doing bad so we have to change everything!
tell me cuck, what is your team?

>I seriously don't get the logic of role specialization

>40 teams
>Two divisions
>Relegation
>No forced parity

That's how you save the NFL

AFC North: Merge Ravens back into Browns.
AFC East: The Bills have never done anything and NY already has two teams.
AFC South: Titans
AFC West: Churrgers

NFC North: Vikings
NFC East: Redskins, because I went to college in NoVa and redskins fans are losers
NFC West: Their mascot is a seed-eating bird, fuck the Cardinals
NFC South: Atlanta, they must be punished for LI

Just delete the entire AFC south

Hmmm yeah no how about you stick to getting raped by emus while your wife fucks the Kangaroo next door

Lions haven't been in 82% of playoffs since the start of the NFL. 4/5 years you're watching the playoffs the Vikings make it and lose it. I don't care what that delusional lions fan says I'd name packers bears and Vikings first in the NFC north. - t. Chiefs fan.

Vikings lost 82% off all NFL playoffs since the Superbowl existed and their creation and that's a pretty tremendous statistic and also is an argument of how well they're known. Everyone following an NFC has had to read about them as contenders year after year and on the AFC end you're reading about them as Superbowl hopefuls. The Vikings also have been 0-4 in the Superbowl and attended 4 more than the lions.

You're talking about prehistoric history here in the NFL, as far as franchises and people care about the Superbowl started a new era for the NFL that's why old rings sure as hell don't count and the Boomer generation that remembers a good lions team is dead. Face it your lions have been an irrelevant part of the NFL for decades and the only crowning achievement the lions have is a 0-16 season and 2 potential goats retire early on them just because they got sick of the lions.

Bears always have 1985 and that owl in the 2000s, and will always get talked about. The lions are just a joke.

20 (preferred) to 24 (max) teams would fix a lot.

You're right, but if we ditch the AFCS I think we should get rid of Carolina or New Orleans and replace them with Houston.

Or have a weigh-in before the game, then based on that number, each team is limited to no more than 2000 pounds on the field at any time. If you want to have 300 pound fatties for your offensive line, then you don't have enough remaining weight cap for more than a skinny quarterback and a skinny running back.

Cut both the entire AFC South and NFC South

Uhhh Charlotte is definitely a city. It's a top 20 largest metro in the US. If they dont have a city then at minimum 30 other states lack a city

They used to have that, then some teams had specialized players and dominated. It'll happen again.

Who cares what the south watches, they're insignificant

>Texas needs two teams after Houston already blew their franchise, surely it wont happen again

>how to prevent a bad league
>make all teams trash except two cali teams
>make the fans of those two teams murderous tards
Thanks Europe.

>Carolina
>No City
Charlotte?

Also, great job letting Florida keep 3 teams, dingus.

We don't need to remove TEAMS--we need to remove GAMES. Less games = lless hurt players = more players.

Take away 2 Preseason games and the Pro Bowl

the easy three to dump are the Texans, Titans, and Jags (expansion teams, no success, no fans). the next easiest is the Chargers (AFL team, no success, no fans). that covers the AFC. so, if you want to get rid of 4 NFC teams for balance, it would be easiest to just get rid of the NFC South. Carolina (expansion team, 2 SB appearances but no wins), Atlanta (older expansion team, 2 SB appearances but no wins), NO (older expansion team, 1 owl appearance/win, sub .500 all time record), and TB (older expansion team, 1 owl appearance/win, sub .500 all time) are all pretty bad, though Carolina and Atlanta show promise for the future and are in big markets. NO is only as good as Drew Brees and TB is just happy to be there. of course, you can argue against teams like Philly, Detroit, and Arizona too, but they have more history. I'd keep Carolina and Atlanta and ditch Detroit and Arizona, but there's no real wrong answer.

Pre season games or Pro Bowl games don't do shit. First teamers only play the 3rd game in pre season. The rest is for the 3rd and 4th stringers who wont even make the team.

>>AFC North
Bengals
>>AFC East
Bills
>>AFC South
Texans
>>AFC West
Chargers
>>NFC North
Vikings
>>NFC East
Skins
>>NFC South
Panthers or falcons
>>NFC West
Rams or cards leaning rams

Just shut down all California teams. They don't care anyway.

Don't do it by division. Reduce the number of NFL teams to 24. The 8 who get removed will be selected from the teams who have an overall franchise regular season record below .500 and who have never won a superbowl. There are 12 of them, so the 8 removed will be removed based on size of their fanbase, history, and location. The Eagles get to stay as they are one of the most profitable NFL teams, the browns get to stay due to their history and because Ohio is a large state and deserves a football team, and the Lions and Cardinals can stay because of their history.

Bengals, Texans, Jaguars, Chargers. and Bills are out because they play in states that already have football teams. Panthers are out because they're an expansion team that has a losing franchise record and never won a Superbowl. Sorry to the Titans and Falcons but 2 others teams have to go.

>Cleveland is the 32nd biggest metropolitan area
>15th biggest statistical area
>Wouldn't get a team

Nahhh

i know way more jet fans than bills fans

>t. never played football in my life

The Cardinals are the oldest franchise in the NFL at 119 years - no matter how shitty they've been run for ages, they're never going anywhere.

Honestly sounds like you need better friends

>The Carolinas did just fine pulling for the Falcons and the Cowboys, and they can do it again.
You ignant. The Carolinas were largely Redskins territory, dating back to the days of broadcast TV, when the Redskins were the only game we got. Other than a few underpopulated bits of SC that abutted Georgia and could get the Atlanta signal.

>>AFC SouthThe Tits. If they were still the Oilers, I'd probably pick the Texans instead, but they're not.

>Having a chance to lose the Jaguars without the expense of shipping them off to England, and choosing to get rid of somebody else.

You are trolling, right.

Also. not losing the Falcons. Even Atlanta does not care about the Falcons

That's so crazy it JUST MIGHT WORK!!!

>Ohio is a large state and deserves a football team,

Carolinas have more population than Ohio, though.

>AFC North
Cleveland
>AFC East
Buffalo
>AFC South
Jacksonville
>AFC West
Raiders
>NFC North
Green Bay
>NFC East
Giants
>NFC South
Tampa Bay
>NFC West
49ers

I just tried to pare it down to one team per state.

not sure about the NFC south but there's no way Houston goes without a team lel. 4th biggest city in the US without an NFL team?

That's a strange way to spell "Bud Adams is a money grubbing whore"

you're leaving rams and chargers in california, but taking away nevada's only team

Honestly there ARE way too many teams. Most teams now are honestly garage. I'd say getting rid of a good 10-12 teams is not only a good idea but utterly necessary to maintain the sport.

oh yeah forgot the raiders were moving. Swap them with chargers then

>eagles
>newest
You really are a dumb fat nigger OP.
Irrelevant thread is irrelevant

>not just getting rid of the cuckboy
Literally problem solved

>AFC North
Browns
>AFC East
Jets
>AFC South
Titans
>AFC West
Raiders or Chargers
>NFC North
Bears
>NFC East
Redskins
>NFC South
Buccaneers
>NFC West
49ers

You have thought about this alot and I like it

Instead of choosing one from each division just choose the 8 most insignificant teams. As you will see from my layout I made it so each conference only have 3 divisions. Also moved Raiders to their new home in Vegas and got the buccs out of Florida since there only needs to be one in that state. Inb4 "MUH HISTORY" if there's going to be less teams then new start.

I'd swap the Portland Busc for the Pheonix Cardinals, and rename the AFC West to AFC Central, but otherwise perfect

the PNW only needs one team. move the bucs to omaha or nashville or some shit

AFC:
North; Browns
East; Shitriots
West; Chargers
South; Texans

NFC:
North; Vikes
East; Giants
West; Rams
South; Falcons

>Patriots under Bills
>Giants under Iggles
>Busc over Falcons
Iggles fan detected

Ha! Nice try. Far from a Freedom Bird wind rider. I'm about them Pick Axers out west.