New Ranking FIFA

The FIFA/Coca-Cola Ranking has been updated for October 2017

fifa.com/fifa-world-ranking/ranking-table/men/index.html

Highlights:

>Peru have climbed into the top ten of the FIFA/Coca-Cola World Ranking for the first time in an edition marked by the recent, decisive FIFA World Cup qualifiers.

>The Austrians are one of four new entries to the top 50, where they are joined by Czech Republic (46, up 12), Morocco (48, up 8) and World Cup qualifying sensations Panama (49, up 11).

What does Sup Forums think about the FIFA ranking? How close to reality would you say it is?

Other urls found in this thread:

fifa.com/fifa-world-ranking/ranking-table/men/index.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>Australia above Japan now yet they qualified automatically to the world cup
Really makes you think

SmAsH es mi pastor

half pertinent, half senseless
Germany, Brazil, Spain and France are top 10. You wouldn't be surprised to see them in WC semis
But Poland? Belgium? Peru?

Chile?!
Not having it

>Poland and Belgium stronger than France and Spain
Will they ever find a ranking system that works? Because this blatantly doesn't make sense

>Chile 9th

what did they mean by this?

Hey Spain, you are way better than us right now, that'd be a shame if we'd take the last spot for pot 1 of the WC haha

Don't forget Portugal laughably being 3rd

>USA up 1
>losing to Twin and Towers

>Top 10 in the world
>Don't Qualify for the World Cup

What did Chile mean with this

We don't deserve this

The issue with the system is that they actually use it for seeding. Other than that the rankings can be as silly as they are now.

>Poland six
top kek

Would still cheer for them in Russia though

>Poland above argentina
i guess decimating ihas feroas and andorra pays off

argentina is shit without the goat

>cant beat sweden or Luxembourg
>on the same level as belgium

"No"

good job PerĂº!
i love it

>scatland up to 29

>ameriblind

25% of Chile's GDP goes directly to FIFA's bank accounts, i thought we all knew this since 2015

>145th
Jesus fuck, even 3rd world african shitholes are better than us

very nice

Tbf, your country's flag looks like you're one of them....

>literally the same design as Germany

>moortugal third
>pooland and belgium higher than france
To the trash it goes.

Not talking about design, but color scheme, pukki

Green and yellow is a color combination usually associated with African countries

How we're still 3rd baffles me lads

>these 2 dwarves

Why do you cocksuckers ever post these rankings? I thought we had a discussion and decide ELO was better.

Because it influences pot placement and seeding

*draws their way to wc champions and 1st place*

The tears will be delicious

And since the last rankings Japan won 2-0

>NL up by 9 to 20th
truly the most random rankings

>Finland up 13
>top 75
BINLAND YES :DDDDD

Do you still have nightmares with Jara's finger or something? Lol

>USA moved up a place

makes sense...

>Trinity & Tomacco not in top 10
Shit list 2bh

>italy 15
FUCK YEAH LASAGNA

>Can't go through Wales
>Haven't been relevant since the 1920's Olympics
We can play this game all day

There's little difference between pot 1 and pot 2. Arguably pot 2 is actually stronger because >Russia >Poland >Belgium in pot 1.

we were on a 2 match win streak, tied concacaf leading mexico at the azteca, and won 2 games after, and dropped 2 places

now that we're out of the WC, we rise 1

What countries are going to be in Pot 2 then?

>Out of the WC
Nah Luigi chill your team will make it

sono un studente di estati uniti

Why are italians saying they're not going to the wc? Your team can't have gotten that bad.

Peru (gay)

I feel bad for you son

Meh, only Spain and Italy (if they make it, which they will), maybe Croatia (if they make it) and Uruguay are somewhat strong in Pot 2

you have to go back

Voglio

How can Peru be 10th and Uruguay be 17th?

why does Peru's flag have that thingy in the middle om FIFA's website but doesn't on Sup Forums?

Yeah. Pot 2 is definitely weaker. I guess it's more accurate to say that not all pot 1 teams are stronger than all pot 2 teams.

>lol this placement is wrong
>continue for 300 replies

>Switzerland still above England

Retarded system. England wins that match 3-0 at a neutral venue.

the ranking from this month is used to select the world cup seeding (top 7)

>pot 3
WHY CANT OUR MANAGERS KEEP RANKINGS IN MIND WE KEEP GETTING FUCKED OVER BY BEING IN SHITTY POTS

Most improvement in the qualifiers: from eliminated to playoff in half the time

>pot 2
kill me

Where's United States in this list?

Wait, what was supposed to happen one day after they publish the new FIFA rnking?
Some kind of drawing?

How the fuck is Peru top 10?

They haven't even qualified for the world cup yet, and haven't shown anything too impressive yet.

Because they made more ranking points than the other teams

Poor Russia. Their ranking got fucked by not playing any qualifier matches.

Same thing happened to Brazil in 2014. They were ranked 35th or something going in to the world cup.

They were ranked 71st afterwards.

>Why are italians saying they're not going to the wc?
this dumba, old fucker right here and his meme 424 and inability to get respect from the players

Spain, Italy, Uruguay, probably Croatia, England, Colombia, Peru and Switzerland if they make it past the playoffs.

Belgium I don't understand why people cry about them. Rosterwise they re a powerhouse. Many Elite (Ninja, KDB, Hazard, Lukaku,Vertonghen,Alderweireld, Courtois,Mertens,Carrasco) and many players who are above decent (Meunier,Dembele,Batsuayi,Tielemans).
They just considered memes because they got kicked out in the quarters from Wales? I mean Italy got kicked from Costa Rica and Spain and Portugal were out from the Groupstages of the last WC. Good teams have bad results too. Being the underdog means you play without pressure in a Quarter because you ve simply done better than expected already.

The only respectable teams in there are Spain and Urgay( maybe Croatia)

Austria and Czech Republic eliminated.
They were behind us.
Somehow they got meme irrelevant wins and they got higer than us.
FIFA needs to start giving bonus for every step you take EX Going to the WC, Qualifying for Playoffs, make it out of theGroupstage, Reach a Quarter etc.

The UEFA playoffs will be drawn tomorrow.

I'd rather be drawn in the same group with Russia, Poland or Belgium than with any of the pot 2 teams with the exception of Peru (if they qualify).

I've recently come to the realization that this semen slurping sport is not for me lads.

I would put Belgium around the same level as England and Portugal. All are strong teams, but not good enough to compete with giants like Germany, Brazil etc..

well Portugal did however compete with France and in the end did not really seem anything inferior to them. That's the closest non-meme and relevant match that's been played between top tier teams.

That's my point. Not eevery team in pot 1 is stronger than in pot 2 (especially Russia since tbey're there just because they're hosts) but overall pot 1 is stronger. No team in the world would like to be in the same group as Germany, France or even Brazil.

who /top 10/ here?

Why is Chilel higher than Uruguay?

alexis is 1 smug motherfucker

>Be 16th last month, win and draw
>End second on the qualies behind brazil
>Be 17th this month, under argentina, chile, peru and colombia

>fifa.com/fifa-world-ranking/ranking-table/men/index.html
I think that if Switzerland qualies they go to pot 1, they were 7th last month which is the one they will use and France goes to pot 2

>FIFA/Coca-Cola
a shit

>they were 7th last month which is the one they will use
No, it's not. This month's rankings will be used for seeding.

>four two fucking four

Why the fuck doesn't FIFA use ELO?

because Mr. Blue Sky says no

Norway up 15 to 58

We're coming

Haha

New Zealand
???

Daily reminder that Mexico, as a member of CONCACAF has a 0.85 multiplier instead of 1 like CONMEBOL or 0.99 like UEFA

And they're still pretty high up

>China is suck at socc

>Insigne does his best in a front 3 with little defensive duties
>we literally have only 2 good CF (and they are both used to playing alone uptop) who are identical, and 0 second strikers
>plays a front 2, getting Insigne to cover all the flank
>Verratti does his best in a 3 men midfield
>De Rossi too, and he's old as fuck so he can't run much
>the majority of the other midfielders we have too
Not to mention completing ignoring Jorginho
>plays a 3 men midfield

>Peru
LMAO
Really?

>Chile

>Shitle 9th
This ranking hasn't have any logic.