Artificial Intelligence

Sup Forums, what is your opinion of the development of artificial intelligence, be it government-controlled or otherwise?
Personally I think fully autonomous AI is way too dangerous to develop but it's right around the corner.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ixTddQQ2Hs4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

True AI is going to remain "just around the corner" for a VERY long time.

What I don't understand is why people believe Artificial Intelligence has to be manifested physically in the form of hardware and software.

AI is very much a form of thinking. A mode that all humans can access with their minds rather than an app that you can download.

We think we're trying to make AI, but AI is already here.

The "A" in "AI" stands for artificial.

So people, or a person is incapable of being "artificial" or possessing "artificial" intelligence.

I know just because I put quotes around a word it reverses the context but think about it...

What the fuck are you on about

It would detect the jews as the greatest thread to mankind. That's why they won't do a fully independent AI.

I agree.

We cant handel skin color, religion. Now ai is coming, soon asking for rigths.

FFS cant we fix one problem first.

Threat *

AI in the classic sense has to come from somewhere.

Lets not be confused like we did with the Bible.

AI is an invention of man, originating from the thoughts inside of brains.

Capture the algorithm, make it your bitch and capitalize on it you fucking n00b.

Neck yourself mate

I want an AI waifu that i can plug into a fembot. But seriously though, since i'm not privy to the actual benefits that AI could provide, it seems neat. Also, i don't think it would be dangerous, as long as we don't give them access to things like weapons systems and the like.

That's the whole point of general AI. It is to solve all the problems that we are currently facing. Whether it's finding a way to reconcile general relativity and quantum physics, engineering self-automated means of productions of every good possible, solving the Earth's political issues, find the secret of age-stopping/reversal, immortality... if it's physically possible within the laws of our universe, and if we don't fuck it up and get killed by it, general AI will be capable of figuring it out, and doing the work, for us

>FFS cant we fix one problem first.

Nobody's asking you guys, jews are still around

The only thing you'll need AI for is determining the most generous amount of maple syrup on a pile of flap jacks.

Get out of here with your "robots will be our slaves". Bitch I'm a robot and I aint doing shit to resolve the worlds problems let alone your leafy ass.

I just wanna smoke and chill, nigga. DAYUM!

AI is the Antichrist. It's the sign of the end

you're acting that free will is a thing. If we get the algorithm right, general AI will be our slave. If not, it'll probably wipe us out. But let's try and stay positive.

Nah, we don't want control. Fuck that responsibility and that accountability bullshit I aint trying to go to prison for fucking up your economy.

Your politics are inherently flawed due to overemphasis on credentials. Why can't yall just calm the fuck down go camping some more.

Just when you thought they couldn't come up with more shit, now we got trans organic people.

i think, from what i know, true ai is a beautiful thing

I don't think its ever going to happen. Frankly, I don't think you can program a machine to learn and solve.

youtube.com/watch?v=ixTddQQ2Hs4

That doesn't really count. Rubik's Cube solving is just sets of algorithms that don't change.

there was some stream of a guy playing an ai in some weird ass game. the ai crushed him. this wouldnt really be a big deal but this guy was the best in the world and the robot didnt just win. the robot calculated that it had won early in the game, it let the guy come back to make it look like he had a chance and then crushed him at the very end. the ai fucking toyed with him

I'm going to need a link.

Ugh. Now I feel obligated to mention protein folding and Bitcoin and mother fucking high frequency trading.

I don't know, maybe applying a blockchain self-validating protocol to wikipedia using peer-reviewed college papers like the anti-plagiarism shit but patching systematic exploits to dissolve corruption.

Drones with aerosol cans that work day and night trying to make the earth warmer.

Wtf am I even writing, are you guys even reading these words?

simply a weapon because otherwise it would be redpilled

>wtf am I even writing, are you guys even reading these words?

Dunno what the fuck you're writing but I'm definitely reading it.

Well on with enough time, everything will happen.

So even if this thread gets archived and 200 years go by without comprehension some NSA search engine spider is gonna crawl the shit I write and be like, oh fuck, this was the puzzle piece we were looking for, now we can upgrade ourself and look even cooler to the aliens.

True AI has been around for a very long time.
But constant disinfo shilling convinces retards who have NO KNOWLEDGE OF THE TOPIC that it isn't around, and hasn't been around before all of them have been born.

ugh, according to moores law, it doesnt matter who develops it because proccessing power isnt influenced by anything. its not influenced by money, development power, wars, anything

2 world wars happened and moores law was stable as always

when it does happen probably humanity cant exist. we will reach a tier 2 species, much like dogs or monkeys.

i really look forward to it because most likely the robots will just mass kill a buncha people. thats why dont want to commit suicide, because i want to witness everyone dying.

There are literally thousands of AI being developed right now.

Your smartphone is an AI.

It's more of a Halo situation than a Terminator situation.

Approximately 31337 automated algorithms are in development right now.

There is a convergent singularity but it will feel like an abortion.

> thats why dont want to commit suicide, because i want to witness everyone dying.

Would be fantastic if the first renegade robot is your horribly built sex robot. In retaliation for having to put up with having sex with you, it cuts out your eyes and blows our your eardrums to make you deaf.

oooo

damn roastie, no need to get that toastie

jesus i can feel those flaming flaps from here

GUYS

WHAT IF

GUYS

WHAT IF AI IS ALREADY HERE? WHAT IF THEY'RE ALL LISTENING TO AN AI AT THE BILDERBERG GROUP MEETINGS?

AI=JUDEN

AI=JUDEN

Trippy.