I just got a dart board. I could throw darts all day, it is really addicting...

I just got a dart board. I could throw darts all day, it is really addicting. I'm watching videos of pros and they all throw the same way, with their arm and elbow 90 degrees out directly in front of their head. Is this the most consistent way to do it? I was kind of throwing it with my shoulder.

WAAAAAAAAAN ANDRUD N ATE TEEEEEE

Pub games aren't sports.

I got one about 6 months ago after playing frequently at the bar with friends. I want to get better so I'm imitating what I see on youtube.

So far it's going well.

It seems like the way they do it is just a muscle memory thing. They would totally miss the target if they had to step two feet back.

Watch based John Part.

>tfw have one myself but too lazy to walk up to it and get the darts back

Don't worry you'll get bored after a couple days

Pretty much.

I've also heard from others playing at the bar is that there is no wrong way to shoot. That there are some people who have the weirdest ways of shooting but as long as you are hitting it's not really the wrong way.

Walking up to the board, removing the darts, and resetting back at the line is a good way of kind of taking a breather during a good game.

>not getting a big magnet to attract them

only an english game would have such retarded rules

If you start getting good you won't want to stop.

Being an alcoholic and being at the bar anyway helps kinda.

>shooting

The term is 'throwing'. They're darts not bullets and it's a dartboard not a class of schoolkids

Sorry, fambam. I'm from Chicago. I know nothing else.

umad?

This is the ideal athlete. You may not like it but this is what peak performance looks like.

>Apologizing to a redcoat
Kys

>I'm watching videos of pros and they all throw the same way, with their arm and elbow 90 degrees out directly in front of their head. Is this the most consistent way to do it? I was kind of throwing it with my shoulder.
Yes.

Bringing the shoulder into the throw makes it jerky and off target.

Very few players can make a jerky throw work. Jocky Wilson was probably the most successful "jerky" thrower.

at least he's got a good flow

Did he trigger your autism?

how the hell is that hair even possible

No, this is.

why are fat guys so good at darts?

You might need to grow a belly if you are ever going to get even remotely decent.

>world class """"athlete"""" can only perform to world class standard in perfect conditions
>world class darts player can play at world class standard while drunk

I know what's more impressive

>good way of kind of taking a breather during a good game.
very embarrassing post

I also forgot to mention that I wear a Rick and Morty shirt every time I shoot darts.

The increased gravitational pull establishes a more stabilized foundation, allowing greater isolation in the throwing arm. To reach this ideal weight, it requires years of inactivity and a diet consisting of almost nothing but fried bar food and beer.

goat

what's funny about this post is that it is literally scientifically true

It's official. I'm getting fatter and going pro.

is that body achievable naturally?

They Don't Think It Be Like It Is But It Do

Nice to see a fellow darts enthusiast who also likes to biomechanically and biochemically analyze why fatness translates into darting superiority.

An additional theory I have is that because darts is a precision sport based on fine motor execution, where any semblance of nerves can throw off a delivery, the fat a darts player has built up encases those nerves and stunts their ability to produce a trembling hand or arm.

Essentially, the fat slows down the electrical impulses throughout a darts player's central nervous system, suppressing his flight-or-fight response so that he may coldly and precisely through 180s and hit double tops.

It really is fascinating stuff.

Wouldn't someone with super long arms have a huge advantage?

>and precisely through 180s and hit double tops.

*throw

Have a Ted Hankey for my mistake.

Reminds me of these scene in Austin powers when fat bastard beds that blonde American

Another essential thing to get to become a champion darter is the forearm tattoo.

All the greats have them.

rate mine

Awesome pics. Great size. Look thick. Solid. Tight. Keep us all posted on your continued progress with any new progress pics or vid clips. Show us what you got man. Wanna see how freakin' huge, solid, thick and tight you can get. Thanks for the motivation.