Browns vs Roughriders

Why don't the Browns get relegated to the CFL? I can think of no worse punishment than to be banished to Canada. Probably the only thing that would get Clevelands ass in gear.

Plus, the roughriders are a historically good and popular franchise. They might even be more popular than certain NFL teams.

Other urls found in this thread:

stats.cfldb.ca/league/cfl/attendance/2017/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>CFL becomes the relegation league
go on...

I even think CFL should maintain their own rules just for laffs

Looked up the Browns records just for lolz. Not had back to back winning seasons since the 80's. WTF? Why would CFL even want them?

>riders join the nfl
>stipulation is that for home games they use cfl rules

Browns would do ok in CFL just because NFL players are more talented overall

cfl is dying. can barely even get 12000 people going to games outside of saskatchewan.

>relegated
There's that classic fatkid arrogance, thinking "different" = "less than"

CFL has no 4th down and is primarily passing. The Browns could be destroyed even worse than they are now. It'd be like the Patriots playing UTEP.

Do some fukken research, hillbilly.

riders should unmemeingly go to the nfl

t. pajeet in toronto

Attendance looks good desu

Would be cool to have them, Edmonton, or Winnipeg in the NFL. Any other city no fucking thanks

Roughriders have a nicer stadium than some NFL teams

the radio was talking about it dying earlier too

>Sanjay is mad because Hamilton is a better football city than Toronto

HAHAHAHAHA classic...

>vancouver
breaking news: Chinese don't like football

>Booms for a couple generations
>Makes slight-moderate dip for a couple years
>It's dying
Isn't that a misleading poll bc half the countries sports fans didn't care about it in the first place?

Forgot about Hamilton, they're cool too

I was in Vancouver when the Seahawks won the owl and there were people running around screaming

find a flaw

it literally costs more to park downtown than the tickets cost for the game.

breaking news: normies are bandwagoners

What is a "Stampeder?"

They'd just end the team if that happened.

I think they stamp stuff

Then they should just call them the philatelists.

I think the best way to fix the Browns is to rename, rebadge, and possibly remove. Cleveland is a shithole, their logo is crap, and their team name is bad. There's literally nothing good about this team.

worked when they moved their ass to baltimore

but they burn their city when they lose the Stanley Cup

I didnt even know football was a thing in canada until i started recognizing the montreal Allouttes.
Are they any good? Or like this thread suggest, only the Rough riders could replace the browns? Im asking as someone wanting to get more into NFL (Currently rooting for Packers, Eagles and Oakland)

It sucks being a Montrealer sometimes. For all our history, the Canadiens suck and the raptors (which arent even montreal team but are the only canadian NBA team to root for by default) eat shit every year by big bro Cavs.

how are you enjoying your new country?

Idk. Its been around for quite a dew years. Younger than the US but still fairly old for sure.

*COWBELLS INTENSIFY*

>Alouettes

This is where the name Cluster Fuck League comes from. This team needs to be sold, the Wetenhall's are fucking things up big time...

Ever see the CFL?
It's like an entirely different sport
And no I don't mean just because they have 12 players on the field
It's probably closer to rugby league than American football

To be fair, the NFL would be much more entertaining with the CFL rules. Although I could see them manage to put ads in for every stupid little play on field.

>This punt is brought to you by Barbasol

I don't believe one bit it would be more entertaining
I've seen your league
It's not even memey enough to be entertaining like #MACtion or #FunBelt games are

have you ever seen it?

cfl was considered more pass heavy until goodell ball
only thing is the bad teams cant pass and it's a lot harder to cover that with running and defense

Yes I have
Okay maybe that comparison was over the top but my point is they aren't very compatible
They are very much different sports

Anything is more entertaining than the NFL right now. You guys get like 4 minutes of actual football out of every game. I mean let's be real here, NFL rules are fucking god awful. Only a bitch needs a 4th down and fair catch...

the big difference is that cfl players tend to be size wise a position smaller than nfl because of field size and speed

so a (big) nfl linebacker plays line, a nfl safety plays lb

also teams have to have a bunch of canadian players so there's less talent outside of skilled american postions

>and possibly remove
>remove

Yes, go on.

They should relocate to Birmingham or Salt Lake City

Such a fucking hilarious story of misery. They won the Owl VERY shortly after moving to Bodymore, Murdaland.

RIP Expos. I went to a game there, once. Got to see Randy Johnson pitch. Real talk, Montreal is dope regardless of its sports. Just go eat some dope food and gawk at your gorgeous women. It's fucked up how beautiful the women up there are.

the league needs to assume ownership and fire all front office personnel. then the browns can protect 20!players to keep and the rest become feee agents. redo the expansion draft for the browns. give them the first pick in the draft.

Should we make a /cfl/ general?
I-I'd post, I promise

>international teams in American leagues
No just stop! The NFL is the last bastion of American purity and you want to kill it

there's usually a few game threads the first couple weeks with maybe 100 posts and 10 ids, for a double header

playoffs are coming up so there will be game threads then

Thank god it's not a long time until the playoffs start.
Also, you guys really need 5 teams in both divisions

Which CFL team has the best/worst fanbase?

I'm not Canadian but from what I gather
>best are Saskatchewan are Hamilton
>worst are Toronto and BC
at least in terms of caring about the team

*BC = Vancouver

>baston of american purity
>cleveland brown people vs pittsburgh kneelers

name the tenth city to get a team then

toronto is definitely the worst, lacrosse team almost gets more attendance
problem for the cfl is the fans are mostly middle aged white guys, who wont live downtown in the big cities

If it were a little larger, Anchorage would be pretty based for a CFL team

cfl has an agreement with the nfl to not put any teams in america and nfl wont try to put a team in toronto, don't know if alaska would be an exception for that

it would make sense for the argos to move to oshawa or some other college town
halifax is the only realistic option for expansion

>cfl has an agreement with the nfl to not put any teams in america and nfl wont try to put a team in toronto
Literally why. What kind of bullshit is this

All those concussion rules were only put into play so that 30+ years from now some potato head doesn't sue the NFL for his brain trauma. The new rules which have made the league boring were done so they don't have to shell out more cash.

America won the Grey Cup and Canada got bootyblasted

The CFL expanded into the US market in the 90's. Baltimore, Birmingham, Vegas, Memphis, Sacramento, San Antonio, and Shreveport got teams. They lasted two seasons max. Canadian economy took a turn for the worst after NAFTA and two NHL franchises moved to the US. Then all the US CFL teams folded.

What was funny is that the Baltimore team won the Grey Cup in its second season. Ten years after the Colts moved to Indy Baltimore had football again. The Colts sperged out and wouldn't let the Baltimore CFL team have a name over fear they would call themselves the Colts and "take away merchandise revenue". For almost their first season the Baltimore CFL team was called Baltimore CFL. The fans called the the Colts, so a year later when the NFL Colts got their tendies in order they allowed the CFL team to have a name. They were named the Baltimore Stallions with a blue horsehead logo, team goes on to win Grey Cup. Post Cup winning season Cleveland Browns announce move to Baltimore as the Ravens and basically kills the Stallions.

These threads are so autistic.

Jfc. But now it would be much easier to expand (if that law wouldn't be in place)

niggers dont like crossing the border to leafland. see the grizzles. they are also way to egotistical to not be on E!SPN

I doubt the NFL would give a damn about Alaska, since they aren't exactly in a market for any other team.

IIRC the success of the Stallions helped Baltimore get the Browns/Ravens. If they hadn't moved CFL might still be there.