/mls/ general - POLITE DOMINANCE edition

>SUNDAY 10/22 (all games at 4pm EST, 1pm PST)
NYCFC vs Columbus Crew
San Jose vs Minnesota United
Atlanta United vs Toronto FC
Portland Timbers vs Vancouver Whitecaps
Philadelphia Union vs Orlando City
FC Dallas vs LA Galaxy
Houston Dynamo vs Chicago Fire
Montreal Impact vs New England Revoluton
DC United vs NY Red Bulls
Real Salt Lake vs Sporting KC
Seattle Sounders vs Colorado Rapids

>NASL
nasl.com/schedule
>USL
uslsoccer.com/usl-schedule
>NWSL
nwslsoccer.com/schedule
>AYY LMAO
a-league.com.au/

>Previous

Other urls found in this thread:

si.com/soccer/2017/10/16/columbus-crew-austin-texas-anthony-precourt-stadium
dispatch.com/sports/20171016/crew-sc-owner-considers-moving-team-to-austin-texas
twitter.com/wikimls/status/920120359264968708/photo/1
mystatesman.com/sports/soccer/austin-downtown-soccer-facility-was-too-expensive-for-team-owner-says/ME9b2c2Pwgd54tJfjjlvEI/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>not decision day
You fucked it up

First all-Canadian final?

whitecaps are shit right now.
>2 goals in 4 games
>still somehow top of the west

Vancouver is a weird team with their anti-possession strategy. Sometimes I can't tell if they're good or lucky.

>are shit
>still in first place

Makes you think.

>last week of the final season

IS THIS THE END OF NASL

>having to wait til Sunday

>whitecucks winning
>ever
they gonna be so salty when Toronto wins it this year

how salty will Canucks be if the final ends up as Whitecaps vs L'Impact

Impact won't be in the playoffs in the first place.

>burgers
>in charge of knowing how their own league works

I know how divisions work.

>losing to Rick and Morty
MLS will always be a joke, gringos.

Thoughts?

if i wanted to reply to your post, i would've replied to your post.

makes me realize how bland and shitty mls logos are. and that's not even mentioning the abomination which is the leagues logo...

Put /wog/ in the OP you dumb fucking hamburger

>Columbus Crew's owner is considering moving the team to Austin.

>yfw da fire win da mlsc up

I have a lot of questions that will likely not get answers.

>literally out of left field
the fuck, there's no room to build a stadium right next to Nationwide Arena, what the fuck is this California cuck thinking?

we'll literally throw money at him and I guarantee he's already signing contracts in Austin unless the league steps in to stop him

>Texas can't even support two teams
>lets add a third

>si.com/soccer/2017/10/16/columbus-crew-austin-texas-anthony-precourt-stadium
>dispatch.com/sports/20171016/crew-sc-owner-considers-moving-team-to-austin-texas
>sale of ownership included agreement to keep Crew in Columbus for 10 years, WITH AN EXIT CLAUSE SPECIFICALLY FOR RELOCATING TO AUSTIN TEXAS
really sad to hear about Precourt getting a nailgun to the eyesocket, Halloween can be a dangerous time

>attendance is bad in Columbus, there's just too much competition in the state of Ohio
>Ohio is a football state, Crew will never get out of the Buckeyes' shadow
>but I am positive that moving the team to Austin will be profitable, Texas is not a football state :^)
>there won't be any competition from the Longhorns or 2 pre-existing MLS teams in Texas already, just trust me goyim :^)

>I think there’s no question he expects public financing and or support for any stadium in either city

Seems likely he's using the threat of relocating as leverage to get more public $$$$. Pretty standard stuff. Will they call his bluff?

Why should taxpayers fund a new stadium in Downtown when the original one is ~20 years old?

In a perfect world, no. even if it isn't as good as modern stadiums, it's only 18 years old.

But take it from a guy who watched his favorite childhood team get relocated because his city government wouldn't fund a taxpayer funded stadium, it really blows.

>Crew owner has buyout clause specifically for moving to Austin put into ownership contract and approved by other owners
>loophole not revealed to be true until tonight
>Cincinnati puts in an MLS bid
>Columbus owner was scouting land, sponsors, contractors, and local legislators in Austin the whole time
>MLS trademarking team names and logos so the league retains full ownership of all references to past, current, or future franchises
>Cincinnati close enough to 3 states to capture more imaginary tv market
congrats Cinci, looks like you're getting promoted because these faggots have been working together to move Columbus for about a year and a half now

Name one Canadian city worthy of a MLS team, that doesn't already have one.

PROTIP: You can't.

So what team gets moved to the Eastern Conference when Austin FC becomes a thing?

The Crew came close to moving once back in 1997 when Ohio State wanted the Crew out so they could renovate Ohio Stadium.

The Crew playing in Downtown has been a long term goal since the 1990s, but why now? I can see the MLS decline in popularity because USMNT isn’t playing in the World Cup.

>MLS incentivizes youth academ-
twitter.com/wikimls/status/920120359264968708/photo/1
MLS is a fucking joke.

Name one Canadian city worthy of a MLS team, that does already have one.

PROTIP: You can't.

I mean Cincinnati literally doubles Columbus in attendance despite being a fucking minor league team, and not even a very good one at that. Obviously the MLS would rather move to a market where people show up to the games. That's business.

Reminder LAFC will bootyblast the MLS next year.

Yep. What are people in Columbus doing when the Crew is in town?

>Prospective owner bought a struggling team with mediocre attendance for cheap
>orchestrated a terrible TV deal and business decisions that stagnated the franchise even more so
>had a specific loophole in his contract to make relocation easier
>demands a brand new, taxpayer funded, stadium on the spot at the 11th hour

really makes you think.

Sorry, Columbus anons. I've seen this before. It sucks, but at least you guys still have Hokkei

>USL team failed in Austin
>but a MLS team will surely succeed
>the best time to start relocation and stadium kikery in the league is immediately following a generational embarrassment from U.S. Men's Soccer
AAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Watching Ohio State instead because nobody gives a fuck about the Crew

Holy FUCK

Holy FUCK

You niggers wanted happenings, here you go. AND THE SEASON ISNT EVEN OVER YET.

>Implying average Americans even realized we're not going to the World Cup.

that's what I'm saying m8, handegg is already stoking the flames of "PAY UP OR ELSE", why would MLS risk starting that behavior and alienating the small fanbase they have at a time when U.S. professional soccer looks weak?

the americans that would actually pay to go watch a meme team play definitely realized we aren't going to the world cup senpai

>implying average Americans even care that America isn't in the world cup

>both Texas teams are in the bottom half of MLS attendance in 2017
>FC Sallad actually has lower attendance than Columbus despite being a much better team
>relocating a team to Austin, where the USL team can't even make it

really activates those Almonds

>FC Cincinnati in 2nd year of play
let me know if those attendance numbers look just as impressive after year 5+ of being shitty

Nippert Stadium is a bad place to play soccer and just wait till UC decides to kick them out.

>it's another columbus customer gets butthurt about getting BTFO in attendance and on the field by a USL team episode

You know if I was the Columbus Crew owner, I would move my team to Phoenix or San Diego. Both those markets would love an MLS team and in S.D's case, it would be perfect cause the Chargers just left them

Austin doesn't even have a USL team yet

Austin is the hipster hub of Texas, I wouldn't be surprised to see that they get better attendance than the existing clubs.

>"y-y-yeah, just wait until UC kicks out a team that's making them a shitload of money and that they spent millions on renovation of Nippert specifically for them to play at!"

I wouldn’t be surprised if more people showed up at Top Notch for a hot rod gathering than see a MLS match in Austin.

you seem a little defensive there lad, just because Columbus has shit attendance doesn't mean Cincinnati is ever going to experience Atlanta-levels of success as a new team

>make plans to move highest tier soccer team to a city that can't and won't even support a 2nd tier soccer team
>moving professional soccer team from one college football town to another college football town with even more rabid fanbase
>moving your franchise when the lifeblood of Austin just hired a new coach and all sports fans are drinking the Kool Aid faster than Jonestown
this really wasn't thought out well, the timing is absolute shit

On second thought, I am going to miss black/yellow jerseys desu.

>not going all in on AS Quebec City
>or even anchorage's greatest rival, Yellowknife ASC

just calling you out for saying retarded shit m8. What possible reason would UC have for wanting to get rid of a cash cow they just spent millions on accommodating?

>teams with small-time owners want new stadiums downtown
>downtown stadiums aren't good enough unless they rival the likes of Seattle or Atlanta
>teams are supposed to compete with rival league members owned by sports moguls who own every franchise in a given metropolis
>$500,000 net worth owner of Franchise B wants the same treatment and toys as $1.4 billion net worth owner of Franchise A

Cincy plays at the UC football stadium in the middle of campus and tickets are like 1 dollar for students

>lying on the internet

Sure, they play on campus, but the cheapest tickets this season were 15 dollars for general admission. Memes aren't reality, my friend.

Columbus is kill

Just saw on twitter that the mayor of Austin said if the team were to move they would not get public funding for the stadium

>trademarks for "Austin FC" and "Austin Athletic" filed on August 16th, 2017 by MLS
it's all ogre, Austin will likely be the failed layover that justifies moving the team to somewhere in California

the ultimate dick move would be them keeping the colors.

I've got friends who go to the games for way less. Just telling you what I'm told

>this buttmad Chimpcinnati fan
kek, what will you do when they don't get approved for the MLS bid?

maybe last season, but outside of promotional offers tickets never got cheaper than 15 dollars. I go to UC, we went plenty over the summer, and I always ended up paying 15 for GA. Don't know what to tell you other than you're wrong

San Diego FC in 4 years here we cum!

Why Austin?

Either way my point is still valid. Those prices are super cheap and the location is perfect. When they move the stadium and ticket prices go up, they'll have the same problem as the Crew... except for not having an owner who has been trying to move the team for 5 years

God, she's the spitting image of my best friend in junior high. Too bad the latter proceeded to immediately get married, fat, and knocked up a bunch as soon as we got out of high school. RIP qt314. ;_;

this but unironically

>stays in the East while the West is good
>relocating to the West as soon as the East gets good

What did Columbine Crew mean by this?

daily reminder that Sacramento will be the next expansion

>former handegg executive in charge of soccer league
You guys got what you deserved

RIP Columbus

The league is literally stronger than its ever been, stop whining fag

Hipster city of the south. I'm surprised there isn't already a team there.

They've got to know that the optics on this move would be terrible, right? Especially in light of the complete failures of the Rasms and Chorgers moving to LA

NYC FC got the best crest in the MLS.

Facts

Columbus appears to face an uphill battle with Austin to retain Crew SC

> be a franchise
> get moved

>ManCity knockoff crest is the best crest in the league

kek, fucking MLS

Ha, no

>MLS already had "Austin FC" and "Austin Athletic" trademarked already
Unless people of Columbus actually paying a stadium ransom (they won't), Crew is as good as gone.

RIP Trillium Cup

>be german
>get culturally enriched

>Columbus moves to Sacramento
>new expansion slots gifted to FC Cincinatti and beckham's team

>mystatesman.com/sports/soccer/austin-downtown-soccer-facility-was-too-expensive-for-team-owner-says/ME9b2c2Pwgd54tJfjjlvEI/
so much for that scam.

>league owners approve move of Crew
>Austin didn't have to pay to put in an expansion bid
>Austin didn't have to create an expansion profile and host league officials
>Austin gets a fully-functioning and playoff bound professional team for $0
>Austin couldn't support a USL team but gets an MLS team with no local demand for one
>owner wants publicly funded stadium in Columbus or he'll move next summer
>Austin government has already said there won't be any public funding or land available downtown
>Crew owner is fine with those conditions in Austin, but not Columbus
>San Antonio expansion hopes shafted because of corrupt backroom deals
>Cincinnati expansion hopes shafted/unfairly lifted from corrupt backroom deals
>larger cities than Austin have expansion hopes ruined because Crew owner was planning to be a mega-kike since 2013
MLS realizes they aren't baseball or football, right? They don't have the history to start demanding fancy new stadiums or threatening to move, fans will stop paying attention because their team could be next

you'd think the one sport that practices relegation on a global scale would know not to move team locations

>5,000 capacity USL stadium is too expensive for Austin
>20,000+ capacity MLS stadium will magically appear downtown for Crew
>attendance will be better 10 miles from the city for 5 years of construction in Austin than currently within the city limits of Columbus
this is some WWE-tier shit, like a cartoon villain's plan to make millions or something

#BigSam4UncleSam

Be honest
The league will be lucky to survive until 2020

NASL going all in on breaking up USSF

Have the SF Deltas confirmed they are going out of business at the end of the season?

They dropped tickets to their last game from $20 to $5 and are giving all of their merchandise away beforehand.

No, it'll be fine.

>Mississippi River finally counts for something again

So if Columbus moves to Austin, the Loons are pretty much confirmed for being switched to the Eastern conference, right?

lol at that fucking dumbshit that said austin wouldn't get an mls team
it's going to happen eventually even if this deal falls through