youtube.com/watch?v=OocVcZodzII
youtube.com/watch?v=WVIpnoptwSQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

[Techno music begins]

>JUMP JUMP JUMP JUMP

>mfw Lui Kang's bicycle kick

Why does her mouth look like a gaping butthole

You are what you eat.

I hated how they made Reptile into an actual reptile in the games. I don't remember his story in the movies. Scorpion isn't a scorpion, and Sub-Zero isn't a giant block of humanoid ice. Don't even get me started on whatever the fuck Noob Saibot isn't.

was anybody a MK fan before the movie and went to see it when it came out? what was it like for you? i was only 4 :/

This man is a liar, and is not to be trusted.

Yes. I was around 10. My friend and I went to see it while my mom and little sister watched Babe. I told my friend I enjoyed it even though I thought it was kinda shitty.

Yes. It was amazing for me as a kid.

Then again I also saw MK Annihilation 4 times...

Still the ONLY good video game movie.

Scared the fuck out of me as a child

lie to me then

>Rock falls, johnny cage dies
That was shitty. They could've waited to kill him in the next movie. I also don't like how they changed actors between movies.

First RE > everything else

RE is trash.

At least they made him an actual ninja again. His MK4 and especially his Deception designs were fucking awful.

Oldfags, which soundtrack is better?

MK, or Spawn?

MK and it's not even close. Fuck outta here with that stupid question fool.

First and last cassette tape I ever bought was this soundtrack.

>Fear Factory
>MORTAL KOMBAT! dun dun dn dun dundun
>Bile
>Traci Lords / Juno Reactor
>Orbital
>Type O Negative
>Sister Machine Gun
>KMFDM

So much greatness, the movie was great when I was 10 but still wasn't worthy of that OST.

Lie, like I lied.

>KMFDM
>Kill MotherFucking Dan Marino

MK 2 was one of my favourite games on Megadrive and it was around for like two years before the movie.

You're a big liar.

This whole scene is so goddamn cool. Also liked Johnnys little "everyone wants to kick my ass it's like high school again" comment before the fight

I wish I were zooey dachenal's butthole tbph

Was this the best fight in the movie?

youtube.com/watch?v=GDnTc9swPFk

I liked this song from the soundtrack. When Jax and Sonya go to that club to track down Kano.

Best song on the soundtrack. That opening is stellar.

youtube.com/watch?v=slz0AoKBHhY

That first 38 seconds reminds me of Terminator 2

I was 8 and a giant MK fan. Knew every move by heart. Saw the movie 7 times at the big screen. Bet my father was so sick of it. On the 7th time it broke on us and we had to refund with our ticket stub and come back in 2 hours

MK3 was already in arcades when the movie came out. Saw it opening morning. Line was nothing but black dudes wearing their faded, yellow, pit-stained Raiden shirts they got back on Mortal Monday. Everyone clapped at the bicycle kick. Good times.

>7 times

Respect. dad sounds cool as fuck

>Those were 500 dollar sunglasses, Asshole.

Reptile was a cool guy. He had the best fight. He was also doing pretty good until he wasn't.

Silent Hill nails the atmosphere.

>Make dad go see both MK Annihilation and Batman and Robin in the same year

We went to see it in theaters. then I promptly went to get soundtrack, I think we were like 7 thru 10 in terms of ages for me and my friends.

Lets just say it was a living kombat match after we got back, destroyed furniture, entire room upended.

Took me days to put it back together.

Mk is definitely better, this user knows.

TOASTY

savage

i thought he says "whoopty!"

fuck.

MK literally had 1 song. Spawn had the best nu metal electronic acts at the time.

how old are you?

The sequel had a better soundtrack
youtube.com/watch?v=SNz8nmGSiPo

There were some sick ninja Halloween costumes the year this came out. I looked baller as Sub Zero.

>WELCOME

I didn't see it in the theater because my parents were tightwads but my reaction when I finally did see it was the same as my feelings are towards it today, cheesy but dope. I've never seen Annihilation.

>tfw love MK in general and the first movie to death, but can't play fighting games worth a shit

Did Shang-Tsun's zombie face in the nightmare intro scene give anyone else nightmares as a child?

youtube.com/watch?v=NxsCr4uBHWE

This movie really is the one true vidyakino

Same
At least he got his old costume

The real question is what the fuck was Johnny doing the whole time they were fighting? Watching?

youtube.com/watch?v=OocVcZodzII
>TOO BAD YOU, WILL DIE

Yes

Was there when MK hit the arcades

I liked Street Fighter 2 better, though

>Sets are amazing
>costumes are store-bought Halloween costume-tier dogshit
Why?

>make a smash hit movie
>sequel is fucking garbage

how
why

I also did this... I also loved them both.

ur trash

yea. that and the back breaking. intro was gnarly as fuck.

It was fucking awesome

Spawn
I still remember songs from that soundtrack whereas Mortal Kombat I only remember Mortal Kombat

>kmfdm
>kill muther fucking depeche mode
or
>keiner macht fer deich mier

their latest album was complete shit btw

>see some genre movie that looks like shit
>wait a week til its at the dollar theaters
>nobody in there but me and friends
>we can riot and throw stuff

>see highlander3, lawnmower man 2, rumplestiltskin, batman and robin etc like this

>studio rushed it big time
>tried to squeeze in every single character from 2 and 3
>director was unvetted with background in special fx
>fx company was waaay overworked=bad cgi. see: spawn

Everyone bags on Paul WS Anderson as a director, which is somewhat justified. But I always loved how the games would eventually borrow from his films.

youtube.com/watch?v=WVIpnoptwSQ the whole album is 10/10 tbqh

>Rock falls, johnny cage dies

What? Khan killed Cage in the sequel, which sucked because he was my favorite character in the original movie. Had to make room for Sonya and the BBC, I guess.

>the games would eventually borrow from his films.

it's why they sucked