What does it feel to not go to the world cup?

what does it feel to not go to the world cup?

anger? hopelessness? has ur self steem been hurt? butthurt? talk to me bros

Other urls found in this thread:

washingtonpost.com/national/health-science/radical-theory-of-first-americans-places-stone-age-europeans-in-delmarva-20000-years-ago/2012/02/28/gIQA4mriiR_story.html?utm_term=.0a3cde17e6b1
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>tfw you have watched every world cup and euro since '98
>tfw you will most likely never see your team compete in them
>tfw you still watch every qualifier and hope for the best

As a burger that actually cares about the sport, Anger because of the sheer incompetence of the USNT, which is now Pulisic + 10 retards, unable to fucking draw against Targon & Toboggan, and hopelessness as it seems that our Federation won't take this as a sign to start fixing this shit.

But, I am the minority. You'll see in a bit, watch how the other burgers come in here and remind everyone how >they don't care about this sport for the Nth time or something, even though if that was the case they wouldn't need to come to tell us that in the first place.

Really hasn't phased me since soccer is barely on my radar. I watch it if it's on at a bar or smth. Haven't heard a single person IRL mention it since we lost to T&T.

I'll probably be a little bummed next summer but not that much 2bh.

How did you feel back in 1970?

will peru and Honduras make it?

We were close m8

>implying anyone here is +50 years old
not even my father watched that wc

I can't remember 94 but missing the Euros in 2008 was not too bad. I was able to just enjoy the tournament without worrying about England shitting the bed.

Why can’t you just enjoy soccer in Europe? It doesn’t have to be a big thing here. American Soccer players are fags and most American fans are hipsters.

sucks that puilisic has to wait 5 years to get another chance
hopefully by then niggertidore is gone
>josie is only 28
fuckkkkkkk

poor puili

How did Netherlands didn't qualify?

Aren't you playing the next Copa America?

tough group
unlike norn ireland or greece who got joke groups

If you guys invite us for 2019, we will definitely bring our A team so yes. Hopefully by then we will have a much stronger team made up of our best european club players.

feels like no gf

>Why can’t you just enjoy soccer in Europe? It doesn’t have to be a big thing here.

Because seeing my country on the biggest sports stage is something Patriotic? Instead of watching some ungrateful faggots kneeling in handegg?

>>American Soccer players are fags and most American fans are hipsters.

>A sport I don't care for is for fags and anyone who likes it is a hipster fag too.

"THE LAND OF THE FREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE" my ass

Don't really care. I don't think I've been upset about international sports since we lost to Argentina in basketball.

I feel bad for the WC.

reddit is over that way

Considering I have no refundable downpayments on flights and hotel rooms for the World Cup PRETTY FUCKING BAD MAN

i became a nihilist just before the brazil game so i don't care because it doesn't matter

feels like a 3 year wait up a roller coaster that was going up yet some how got stuck/malfunctioned on the way down.

3 year wait for nothing. yes im butthurt.

I tough only >us gave a shit about that, I means it wasn't like, your λ team?

You can still cherr for ur heritage's team. :^)

>tfw chicano

i cant say i know dat feel.

>caring about international apehoop
You're pathetic

But you will know that feel of deportation soon, subhuman.

>I will not be triggered by this post

If you lose you should care

I'd also be mad if we lost to the USA in a football WC semifinal, that's the equivalent of your defeat against us in basketball

I don't know a single person who gives a single fuck about olympic apehoop precisely because we're so far ahead and we're the only ones with a relevant league that it doesn't matter. If it were the actual fiba world cup and everyone had top apehoop leagues to pick domestic talent from then maybe more Americans would care.

how exactly does deportation work? i was born in the here in the country. LMAO.

i basically immune. lul

That's my point nigga, you are far better than anyone else, if you lose to some inferior team you should be mad about it

As I said, I'd be mad if we lost in football against some shit team like the USA

American sawker fans are invariably hipster faggots.

Please leave our board.

white boys are also immigrants, only chicanos and native americans are the true Americans

It was pretty embarrassing for us at the time.

Lmao. I love seeing all these American povertyball faggots getting melted by euros and favelafolks lmao

t. mapuche

Chicanos are half-Spanish rapebabies though, they're about as American as I am African.

lol

I didn't even know they were playing. Local news really doesn't talk about international soccer (although they talk about mls now that Atlanta has a team). My first reaction was indifference. It's soccer. No one I work with or hang out with watches soccer, at least they have never discussed it with me. The only place I really engage in soccer related conversation is Sup Forums. And those conversations only happen during international competitions like the world cup and Olympics.

>anger?
>hopelessness?
>has ur self steem been hurt?
>butthurt?
All of the above accurately describe how I felt when the Falcons imploded and lost the Superbowl.

>meh
The above accurately describes how I feel knowing the USA will not be in the biggest sporting event on the planet. I'll be watching with Sup Forums. But our absence won't significantly affect my enjoyment of the matches and funposting. It would be more fun if we were in it though.

you mad white boy?

>muh Indians

washingtonpost.com/national/health-science/radical-theory-of-first-americans-places-stone-age-europeans-in-delmarva-20000-years-ago/2012/02/28/gIQA4mriiR_story.html?utm_term=.0a3cde17e6b1

well, if we go back long enough we are all from tanzania

The only thing I'm a little upset about is that I won't be able to spam USA after every single thing they do.

Once your team reaches rock bottom you don't even care and end up rooting for the opponents.

>Born in USA
>Family from Chile
>Team I root for most is Chile, but will always for USA as well even though they are garbage
>Both teams lose brutally
>feelsbadman.jpg

That being said, they only emotion i have really about it all is mostly a mild anger that both teams put themselves in a position like this. They both had inexcusable losses that put them in this position. Pathetic performance by them.

racist much?

Please see yourself out.

how long have you been watching chile? we've always been usa tier garbage too

ohly shit.

this man speaks the truth. seriously no troll my ancestors have been in the americas since meso-american times. Evil white men only arrive on the shores of Plymouth back in the 1600's

>cross "el rio grande" small river that borders mexico and texas
>get called wetback

>be "English Refeguee"
>cross an entire Ocean
>hurr durr this is my land. wetbacks pls leave now.

you exposed yourself as anti-american with that last comment

No pain, a little angry over the incompetency of the USSF during this cycle. The good thing about being an American is I can completely forget about it and move on. Had football yesterday, playoff baseball, hockey season just started, basketball is right around the corner, if I cared I could watch nascar or Indy car, boxing and mma every weekend.

Feels ok lads.

my man

we are American as in orignial from the Americas, the continent, nationalities came after our heritage

If >we leave we're taking everything >we made with us. You can have your desert back. Everything on it belongs to us though.

On a serious level, 98' world cup but started watching soccer id say around 94 WC

pottery

meant this comment for

You absolutely still can, and should do that

dont care much

I think it's good because it means change is more likely to coaching at the usmnt

It's weird. It's like your favorite rock band is recording another successful album but suddenly they stop because of alcoholism and ego clashes and problems with the producer (Pizzi). You know the album is there but you can't listen to it. It's shelved.

Anyway, I'm sure these guys will make a comeback with a new manager and a new goalkeeper. This generation is not done yet and they will look for vengeance.

i don't understand it to, chilelbro. Winning the last two Copa America's and not making the WC? What happened

arrogance

They didn't have enough time to rest. That's a factor to take in consideration. First America Cup. Then another the next year. And 5 matches in Russia this year. Add the Qualifiers and you get a burnout team. Also they are getting old, obviously.

>unironically talking shit about Pizzi
He's won 50% of the titles in your sorry NT history, show some respect

I didn't even know the world cup was a thing until I was in high school. I give no shits.

You know what? Tienes razon, amigo.

>literally losing to Bauza's Argentina

you don't deserve to qualify after that

IVE TRIED SO HARD
AND FOUGHT SO LONG
BUT IN THE END
IT DOESNT REALLY MATTER

nice """""sport""""" you got there

I'VE FOUGHT SO LONG
BUT IN THE END
I DIDN'T WIIIIN

Bauza's Argentina is better than Sampaoli's kek

>play one match a month
>tired

I don't think this semen slurping sport is my cup of cafe

nice """"""dick"""""" you got there

Most of us amerifags really don't care. Those of us who are interested enough in soccer mostly pay attention to european and premier league teams. Soccer in the US might never be good,

cathartic, desu. We suck. We know we suck. At least we don't have to get excited about weakgroup/stronggroup and go through the motions of giving a shit about a bunch of jobbers being out of their depth.

Bring back Bob Bradley, please.

More like five/six in two/three weeks.

I only look forward to funposting. I will find a team to support and become /lifelong/ and if they are eliminated I'll find another (white) team. Or maybe I'll just root for Mexico because why not.

Either way 4CC starts in a few weeks and that's better than the WC anyways.

>brainbop
Why do Amerisharts have such awful taste?

too bad >we suck at virtual football too
maybe he can save us

>brainbop

L O L
O
L

Join the dark side, mano.

What team eliminated the US from World Cup contention and are they participating in the tournament? I will cheer for them if so.

I don't know, I'm french.

Is based perro up with the big club now or is he still working his way up the lower leagues? I personally think he's ready to take >us to the next level as long as he's utilized properly. He's easily more lethal through midfield than Dabbing Dembele, >he does it for free, or >le cut inside man.

I think we'll perform well this time around.

Dude, I love Pizzi. He was a champion with my team in the Chilean league. The problem is some players didn't respect him enough. At least not like they respected Bielsa.

Sampaoli knew he couldn't control the group anymore. That's why he left. I remember Valdivia (another wacko) calling Becacecce "Argentino conchatumadre" (Argentinean motherfucker) after being replaced during the final in Santiago.

Now we'll see what happens with Pellegrini.

You should blame your dumb players then, not the managers

Dissapointment at some of our players, not anger in the slightest but worried a lot about the future of our NT.

Deception, then the unnerving anxiety of waiting for the next qualifier when we would be eliminated again. It's like masochism.

It feels like routine.

my self esteem isn't impacted at all, but the other things you listed are all red lining.

You're feeling hopeless over povertyball?

you can enjoy a nice vacation in russia
i'm sure there must be some shit worth seeing,maybe you can visit the mutants at chernobyl and say hi to the stalkers

you can go for the big teams games, youll still have a blast if you enjoy football

>shitlean education

ukraine is just another part of russia macaquinho

Mixed feelings. Pissed for obvious reasons. But also kinda enjoyed watching them lose. Watching Arena, Bradley, Altidore, and Howard suffer was justice. They are all pathetic and have a inflated sense of value.

Doesn't really matter though. We were gonna get bootyblasted in Russia if we made it anyway.

at least you had litmanen

Nederland/Chile/Burger broship? We'll make our own tournament

well not in general. but US national team is right up there with my favorite sports teams and this was really disheartening as a fan

> compete

I don't mind. Of course I tune in during the soccer world cup to see the us team, but I'm not very invested in soccer to begin with so it's not the end of the world. This is the equivalent of the US not appearing in an obscure olympic event for me. I'd like us to be competing for a medal in fencing/judo/soccer but if it doesn't happen, it doesn't happen. No big deal.

I would trade all of our players for two Formula 1 drivers.