THE OFFICIAL KINOSTATION THREAD

What does Sup Forums use to play their kino?

Pic related is my kinostation, hooked up to the back of a 50 inch TV.

Post pics of your kinostation, lads.

Other urls found in this thread:

kodi.tv/download/
support.roku.com/article/208754908-how-to-use-roku-media-player-to-play-your-videos-music-and-photos
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Roku is supposed to be the best.

I personally either use my PC or an Amazon Fire tablet in bed.

>in bed.

what the fuck is wrong with you?

are you fat?

Laptop, TV and HDMI cord .

Torrent kino's to watch and play it with VLC media player.

No need to be an autist and buy smart TV's or shit like that.

>Laptop, TV and HDMI cord .

Literally I am a virgin: the kinostation

plex or kodi

>are you fat?
Yes, pic related.
Now time to hit the exercise bike again today.

>VLC media player.

you fucked up big time here.

That's software you dumbshit. Kinostation = hardware.

>Food diary

Are you gay or a woman?

>tfw PS3 can't play mkv's
>tfw forced to watch movies on my computer like a pleb instead on my big screen TV in my comfy chair

private trackers + laptop + tv at home
portable kodi usb on the go

Can't use an HDMI cable?

250lbs 5' 11" man.
Who needs to obviously lose weight.

when at uni, i have a swing-out monitor stand that lets me lay in bed and watch movies. when i'm back home i just plug a usb into my 50+ 4k tv and fucking enjoy the show.

KODI 17 KRYPTON IS OFFICIALLY OUT

kodi.tv/download/
kodi.tv/download/
kodi.tv/download/

What are you waiting for, Sup Forums?

>he uses a PS3 for media
>his computer isn't already hooked up to a large display

you were a pleb before and a pleb you shall remain if you're really stuck that way just convert them to .mp4 with handbrake faggot

I use the shield tv with kodi. Love it especially now that the update added amazon video.

>experimental builds of curry software
pass

Doesn't that ps3 media center thing play almost anything?

I was kind of upset I made the switch to a ps4 and it couldn't play shit for a long time and then the media player they added was awful.

Just eat paleo/keto and you won't be fat anymore. Don't do what gays and women do.

It has been out.

I use a Nexus Player (cheap Android TV box) which streams Netflix but it also runs Emby which connected to my NAS which hosts the server.
I also use Sickrage to scan the net for when my shows come out, it downloads them at a preset quality, renames them, puts them in the right folder and they just appear on my TV when they're ready.

Same but my TV is smaller, got my fire tv stick in a HDMI switcher along with a cord for my computer and my directv box (gotta have my Sunday Ticket)

They fixed that

You're going to be fat forever

>I use the shield tv with kodi.

true patrician right here

bricked mine years ago now its just collecting dust

waste of 50$

almost every fat person I know skips breakfast, pretty sure it really fucks up your metabolism or something to eat only 2 meals a day

>You're going to be fat forever
Do you understand what the TDEE of a 250lb 5' 11" male is? It is a lot more than 1669 calories and hell man I just said I'm going on the bike again! Meaning total for the day will be like 800 calories subtracting out exercise.

>almost every fat person I know skips breakfast,

That's not it. I'm thin and muscular and I skip breakfast. The key is to not eat a high-carb diet. Eat paleo/keto and you never get fat.

using a calculator and shit like that will not make you thin user

you have to learn to consume what's good for you without reminders or constant dwelling on it, it needs to be a second nature to you and a lot on that chart isn't really great desu

Mini sounds system with a 43" full HD tv, but usually I watch movies from a notebook HD. I had to move the internet modem to watch in Full HD and its an issue because my sister uses the net and the house is big. I'll probably connect a cable to the modem.

The calories don't care when you eat them. The difference between the best metabolism and the worst is less than 200 calories a day, but it adds up over the years.

Still I didn't get up until like 12:45, so technically lunch was my breakfast and dinner is really two meals. For my fitness pal it is easier separating meals like that because breakfast foods are easier to categorize.

*notebook connected on the tv, of course.

>eating carbs with every meal

You will never lose weight.

Nutrition and weight aren't really connected. Like the story of the skinny teenage girl who was a very picky eater and would mostly eat mcdonalds chicken nuggets. She was getting tired all the time, because she lacked nutritious meals. She still was skinny.

My friend gave me a roku express+ a while back but I haven't tried it yet, haven't even researched it. I don't think I need it.

I mostly use my desktop with shitty monitor and good headphones to watch stuff alone. And I bring my laptop in the living room and hook it to my 42" tv when watching stuff with people.

You're obese

Yes, I agree, hence why I'm losing weight. I fully admit the problem. I am obese.

meh

you're right, but going by user's chart i was assuming he was in the region of trying to get healthy as well, but i mean shit, he could listen to you and just eat a happy meal once a day, before long look like an anorexic with baggy skin

How did you brick it? Custom firmware?

Getting tired of all of Plex's bullshit, but its the only thing that really runs well on the chromecast.

Not sure if I want to go with a Firestick or Roku in the future.

Here's mine got a 60" Samsung UHD hooked up to a PC.

Lay back in the recliner and control kodi with my phone...

you live like a hobo user, clean the fuck up jesus

>Nutrition and weight aren't really connected.

This has nothing to do with nutrition. Complex carbs and other high GI foods literally make you fat by inhibiting your metabolic processes.

Also, nutrition helps make sure your body's processes work as they should. No nutrition = you will slow down until you break apart and die.

What the fuck is with the mess? Do you not have any shame?

40" LCD, custom HTPC with 1.5 TB storage, 825 watt surround amp, 200 Mb/s internet

Good luck, buddy

I'm not doing ketosis.

The HTPC has a Flirc for my harmony 650. Kodi is my main player. I have an amazon fire for when company comes over.

I like the roku as well.

Then you will never lose weight. Paleo/keto is the most efficient diet.

c'mon people, start posting pictures of gross bedrooms

Thanks. What really is messing me up now is before I had uncontrolled ulcerative colitis. Basically a lot of diarrhea, so I think my body became very efficient at retaining the calories. Put simply I think my initial math was wrong on my tdee. Still that was only a minor factor compared to the overeating. Time to pay for it now! Exercise bike here I come.

You can learn a lot by keeping a food diary. Ignore these idiots and good luck.

>learn a lot by dwelling on what you consume daily
>not just tossing out the rubbish and eating decent, healthy food like a normal human being

forever

>You can learn a lot by keeping a food diary

You learn nothing. You just waste time. Cut out the high GI foods and you will be shocked at how much weight you lose and can't get back.

that's the fear

I buy proprietary software boxes because I'm literally too autistic to have multiple PC's in my household.

Roku is great, but only for streaming (Netflix, Youtube, many other channels). If you need to play local video files (torrents or whatever) you need to stream them with a network connection (ethernet or wifi) from your computer.

That's why I use an LG blu-ray player that plays mkv and avi from USB sticks or hard drives.

Just buy a blu-ray player with USB input

>That's why I use an LG blu-ray player that plays mkv and avi from USB sticks or hard drives.

Rokus do the same thing these days. They read USB just fine.

I prefer my Android box. It has everything.

The LG blu-ray player plays a lot of formats, though. Even MKVs with embedded or external subtitles. Rokus play everything?

>high GI foods
On no, its the glycemic index meme

>Rokus play everything?

Yes. Rokus play mkv and srt subs. Not the other rare subs but it has basic sub support.

Ah, OK, nice!

The following file formats are supported:

Video — H.264/AVC (.MKV, .MP4, .MOV)
Audio — AAC (.MKV, .MP4, .MOV); MP3(.MP3, .MKV); WMA (.ASF, .WMA, .MKV), FLAC (.FLAC, .MKV), PCM (.WAV, .MKV, .MP4, .MOV), AC3/EAC3 (.MKV,.MP4. .MOV, .AC3), DTS (.MKV, .MP4, .MOV), ALAC (.MKV, .MP4, .MOV, .M4A)
Playlists — .M3U, .M3U8
Image — JPG, PNG, GIF (non-animated)

Does Roku Media Player support movie subtitles?

Roku Media Player supports embedded subtitles in .mkv files. To choose a subtitle track use the options button while the video is playing. Roku Media Player will automatically include subtitle tracks found in .SRT files. The .srt files must be saved in the same folder as the video. They must have the same name as the video and the .srt extension. To include multiple .srt files you must insert a language extension, for example movie.eng.srt or movie.ger.srt

support.roku.com/article/208754908-how-to-use-roku-media-player-to-play-your-videos-music-and-photos

:^)

Xbone with Plex
That shit is too comfy

Very good. And they even play FLAC. They're getting better. Would have liked avi support, though...

Kodi + Fire stick is pretty much the pinnacle streaming

There's no reason to support AVI unless you have old tv shows archived and by now you should replace them with MKV

just got back to my dad's place

he has a fire stick that he bought and said was filled with some custom firmware that allowed him to watch all the pirated stuff

it got wiped clean and he obviously forgot the name of it. i personally use chromecast so i'm not sure what was on it.

any clues? i'm assuming it was kodi? what's the easiest way to set this up? wat do

please no bully, just want to help my dad out

Install kodi and then use koditips.com to get the addons

Yes, but sometimes I find the odd european movie only in avi. It's not difficult to convert them to mkv?

plex + roku

Just convert it with handbrake. Easy shit. Or use better pirate sources with more mkv format choices. Most of the movies you like are being streamed to people's kodi boxes as well so you can watch it on demand as well.

thanks everything looks straight forward enough, any add-ons recommended for a 70 year old man?

Exodus

Well all of them break eventually and you have to tweak them over time as the sources have to change or the addons stop working and you have to move to another one so I can't really recommend any. It's kind of a young man's thing.

I have an old desktop pc hooked up to my 50'' tv that I also use as a seedbox.
>go on hdbits.org, kargagara.in or passthepopcorn
>download a movie using deluge webui on my laptop
>play flick
sometimes I use teamviewer if I can't be bothered to get up and move the mouse

How can I watch the superb owl for free on sunday in HD?

Connect an antenna to your TV, use a Kodi addon or use the free CBS stream.

Voila, free niggerball.

Are you stupid?

I do the exact same thing with private trackers but I use a NAS to torrent and then I stream the files to my TV using a Kodi Android TV box, all via ethernet.

I use Transmission because whatever.

>Consuming less energy than you spend won't make you lose weight!
That's a great philosophy for staying fat. lrn2math

kek

Instead of Amazon, Apple TV, Roku, etc., why don't you guys just use a laptop and HDMI? You get literally (l i t e r a l l y) almost anything you can think of, making any of those other things laughable. Plus, it impresses people because they think you're the fucking wizard of technology when you can pull out anything that comes to mind.

>why don't you guys just use a laptop and HDMI?

Because I'm not a poorfag NEET and my Android TV box does the same shit as your laptop without having to connect shit to some cable like a fucking virgin from 2004

laptop + hdmi cable plebs

Try again, man. That was way too tryhard and I'm honestly starting to doubt you've ever made anyone laugh.

>laptop + hdmi cable

This guarantees you won't get laid

>connect shit to some cable like a fucking virgin from 2004

like your android box?

do you only feel alive while you're shitposting?

i just got laid and I didn't have to buy some stick made for moms who don't have a laptop or blu ray player

Fuck off miguel

>>like your android box?

You connect it once you fucking loser. Like a DVD Player. You on the other hand, have to connect your laptop to your TV each time you want to see a movie like some awkward jobless loser. Meanwhile I just get my remote and play all my torrents using Kodi.

but my laptop is hooked up to my tv almost always and I don't need some lame app to torrent.
In fact the only time I need to disconnect my laptop is when my gf has something on her mac she wants to play

>but my laptop is hooked up to my tv almost always

lol sure kid. if you had anything going on that laptop would be on your desk and the living room tv would have a simple android box to run everything on its own.