/CFB/ - Classics edition

Week 8

Thurs night:
ESPN: Titanic clash in the AAC West: #25/27 Memphis Tigers at Houston (HOU by 3)
>Memphis QB Riley Ferguson #6 NFL-rated QB of seniors
>Memphis WR Anthony Miller #8 NFL-rated QB of seniors
>Houston DT Ed Oliver #2 NFL-rated DT of sophomores
>Houston QB Kyle Allen #10 NFL-rated QB of juniors
>Houston C Will Nobel #7 NFL-rated C of juniors
>Houston SS Garett Davis #9 NFL-rated SS of juniors
ESPNU: Fun Belt: Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns at Sun Belt #1 Arkansas St. (Red Wolves by 13.5)

Fri night:
ESPN2 double header
>#36/37 Marshall (C-USA #1) at MTSU, who won @Syracuse (Herd by 2.5)
>#34 Colorado State (MWC #1) at New Mexico (CSU by 7.5)
>CSU WR Michael Gallup #6 NFL-rated WR of seniors
>CSU C Jake Bennett #10 NFL-rated C of seniors
CBSSN double header
>WKU at ODU (WKU by 9):
>WKU QB Mike White #10 NFL-rated QB of seniors
>ODU FS Denzel Williams #8 NFL-rated FS of sophs
>USAF Academy at Nevada (USAF by 5.5)
>Nevada OG Austin Corbett #7 NFL-rated of seniors

Saturday Top Six?
noon ET:
>ABC: #10/11 Oklahoma State at Texas is back! (OSU by 7.5)
>ESPN: Heisman-winner Lamar Jackson at Florida State (FSU by 6.5)
3:30 ET:
>CBS: Third Saturday in October, the 100th meeting: Tennessee at #1/1 Alabama
>CBSSN: #20/20 UCF at #32/33 US Naval Academy (UCF by 8)
7:30 ET:
>NBC: #10/11 USC at #13/16 Notre Dame, the 89th meeting (ND by 3.5)
>ABC: #15/19 Michigan at #2/2 Penn State, the 21st meeting (PSU by 10)

Other urls found in this thread:

sportingnews.com/ncaa-football/news/midseason-all-americans-college-football-sporting-news-saquon-barkley-baker-mayfield-bryce-love/lzjq01roh8v919sfde8ndii5h
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

First for where is a Tennessee safe bar in tuscaloosa for this weekend

Who /bye/ here?

Third for USC getting blown the fuck out by ND.

BOOMER

Why do I feel like Ohio State will beat Penn State

Jokes aside, they probably will. They have the best front 7 in football and McSorley is nothing like Mayfield. They only need for Barrett not to shit the bed completely.

>Bama wins out
>Pedo state and Wisconsin fall to tOSU
>UCF loses to Navy
>Georgia loses to guess who
>Miami gets booty blasted by ND
>TCU loses twice to OU
>South Florida loses to UCF

debate this

Big 10 and big 12 are going to end up with 2 loss champions.
Two SEC CFP meme is becoming powerful.
Miami and Notre Dame are about to be #3 and #4 by the end of October.

>image of undefeateds
>louisville

Wut.

not even close you silly Texas

>Big 10
>2 loss champions
Somehow I really doubt this. If OSU or Michigan lose another game, they're not winning the conference. Same goes for MSU.

please god let Bama play Notre Dame AND Miami in the same season. I'll give anything to see the anger and the "reeeee sister fucker reeeee" spam

right here

any miss. state fans here? how you feel about game this weekend?

kentucky will win the east. screenshot this

thats not crazy. Miami is not that good and they have the injury bug

Is there a single person considering UCF in the playoffs? Even a 3 loss P5 champion should get in over unbeated UCF.

Because they will, I'm betting for OSU when the line evens out a bit, currently at -9.5 ffs...
Playoffs would consist of Bama, tOSU, OU, and ND. Pretty possible, would get a rematch of OU and OSU.

OSU only needs to lose one game and win the conference.
It's very possible.

Nowhere tbqh. Your best bet is to avoid all the bars with older folk, they hate you a lot more than the current students. So Houndstooth might be a relaxing bar, but the fans might be real mean.

Go to Innisfree. You'll be surrounded by mostly college students who are too drunk to really care.

They would need an epic collapse of PSU for that to happen.

>rematch of OU and OSU
>mfw Mayfield plants the flag again, but up Brutus' asshole

>Michigan
>@OSU
>@MSU

We won't be thinking about pedo state in three weeks.

>PSU losing to Michigan
Not happening. Not even overhyping PSU but Michigan is legit a shit team.

Kek is with UGA

me and like 15 tennessee people are staying with a dude at bama who claims no one will be aggressive towards us. trying to convince him to just have a house party or a kegger

I wouldn't be surprised at all if Michigan wins, nothing about this team looks better than last year.

Reminder Big 10 is the slowest conference.

Michigan looks singificantly shittier though.
Reminder you're the slowest poster.

stop posting the old pic

Maybe but Michigan looks like trash

Reporting, Sir!

>Alabama plays Mercer the week before the Iron Bowl
why is this allowed

mercer almost beat auburn

Based on what? They've played a way tougher schedule thus far.

>based on what
Have you seen them play?

WA
HOO
WA

So are people falling for the MSU meme again?

So are people falling for the B1G meme again?

>Florida
>Cincinnati
>Air Force
>Purdue
>Indiana
>didn't even look good playing any of them
>lost to MSU

Yup, B1G sucks, I'm glad ND purposely schedules them, our Wisky and Michigan series is gonna be awesome because we'll fucking murder Wisky and the Michigan games will help our case for the CFP out a lot.

>3 B1G teams in the top 6
>lelelel u suck Xd

need we remind you of last years bowl games

Once the CFP committee comes out, PSU will have lost twice and Wisky's rep will be knocked down a notch for their cupcake schedule. You'll have 1 team in the top 10 (Ohio State) and 2 others in the top 20 (PSU, Wisky)

Just go to a bar or something. Don't be a douche and you'll be fine. The common Bama fans in Tuscaloosa are pretty normal, it's the redneck traveling crowd you have to be wary of. Nobody at Alabama has houseparties on gamedays, and nobody wants to host a shit ton of guys who are having their own party. Besides, if you're having a party and the cops come bust you for having a keg and underage college students, you're fucked. It's stupid but kegs are really frowned upon here. Fraternities can't even use them unless they want to be on social probation.

Just go find a bar and enjoy yourself.

>Navy beating UCF

sorry not happening

The "best" B1G teams haven't played anyone decent outside of Ohio State vs Oklahoma. Every year B1G teams pull this shit. They play nobody until the very end of the year, rack up some close wins against shitty competition, and everyone thinks they're fucking amazing. Wisconsin is the poster child for this. Excluding that loss to Alabama two yearss ago they almost always start off their seasons with a decent team that they beat, and then they steamroll the shitstain that is the B1G West. Easily worse than any other division in the P5. Yes, worse than the Coastal, SEC East.

I'm buying stock in UCF, they're going to upset the fuck out of USF and Charlie Weak.

SEC FINAL STANDINGS
warning, spicy hot takes

West
1. Alabama 12-0 (8-0)
2. LSU 9-3 (6-2)
3. Auburn 8-4 (5-3)
4. Texas A&M 8-4 (5-3)
5. Miss State 8-4 (4-4)
6. Ole Miss 5-7 (2-6)
7. Arkansas 3-9 (0-8)

East
1. Georgia 12-0 (8-0)
2. Kentucky 9-3 (5-3)
2. South Carolina 9-3 (5-3)
4. Florida 6-5 (4-4)
5. Tennessee 6-6 (2-6)
6. Vanderbilt 5-7 (1-7)
7. Missouri 4-8 (1-7)

Things to note
I'm pretty sure that Kentucky would be 2 and SCar 3 since Kentucky got the upset win earlier in the season as a tie breaker but I'm not sure if they bother with that for rankings out of #1
LSU is not as good as Auburn even with the head to head win, but their remaining schedule is much easier so they will beat them in conference standings
The last game of the year for the Arkansas and Missouri are against each other, which should be just a highlight of football talent that I personally can't wait to see.

kentucky will win the east, lad

>PSU will have 2 losses in the next three weeks, maybe 3
>tOSU can still make the playoffs
>Michigan is a quality win
>Cupcake schedule
>B1G is overrated
>OU is a quality loss
What is it, exactly, about Penn State that's getting everyone so ass blasted? Cuckeye shills, Khakicunts, Sparty, I hope you're ready for the rhythmic slapping. Looners, Hurricunts, Potatoes, Dawg, have fun competing for 3rd. See you January 8th, Bama. The slappening is at hand.

>SEC West is literally the same as previous years sans the Ole Mi$$ cheating seasons
just burn it all down

Kentucky is the 3rd best team in the East at best. Right around Florida's level this year. They have a lucky set of games in their schedule, as well as the lucky win against SCar to have a winning record in SEC play

fuck pedo state

>tfw Jon Gruden will be HC of Tennessee in less than two months

>imagine living in the hell hole that is Tennessee, going to that shit school (or worse, being an alumus) and actually believing this is possible

>Gruden will get to pull spider 2 y banana on Bama at some point

I'd switch tenn and vandy
no way tenn gets more than one sec win this year

remind me again why Mishitgan is considered a blue blood program in college program?

REEEEEEEEEEEEEE

WHEN WILL BAMA LOSE

They might spaghetti the Natty away again, but I don't see them dropping ANY games in the rest of the regular season.

>By the end of this cfb season Alabama will be at no 1

wtf fuck bama desu

>sold my iron bowl ticket to some retard for $550 six hours before they lost to LSU

Bought it for $50, couldn't have gone anyway OwO

sportingnews.com/ncaa-football/news/midseason-all-americans-college-football-sporting-news-saquon-barkley-baker-mayfield-bryce-love/lzjq01roh8v919sfde8ndii5h

>Calls Barkley the best all around "player" in college football
>goes on to list Love's stats which blows out Barkley's stats by a mile

Anyone tired of the pants on head retarded college football media? They're all either NFL rejects or amateur sports journalists.

Hey man I go to Bama. Come party with us, we won't be douches, we just wanna get drunk.

im not entirely sure meeting up with a nigga from Sup Forums is a safe bet

hahahaha I was speaking more in generalities.
Every year, I took a holiday. I went to Tuscaloosa, there's this bar, on the edge of campus. Every fine evening, I'd sit there and order a warm Natty light. I had this fantasy, that I would look across the tables and I'd see you there, with a girl and maybe a couple of lads. You wouldn't say anything to me, nor me to you. But we'd both know that you'd made it, that you were happy.

SRS though user if you're college aged go to Galletes or Innisfree after the game. The quad is one big party. You'll have fun and meet some nice people.

what the fuck was that post user

and ya i know of the quad but how do you just approach peoples tailgate and "meet" them

Sup Forums memes man.

And just be personable I suppose. My fraternity brother's family has a large tailgate and we always have drunk CSU, Fresno, etc fans stop by, chat with us, and have a beer or two. Everyone is pretty friendly and just looking for a good time.

Do you have a ticket to the game? Your bama friend might know of some friends hosting tailgates as well.

yeah we all have tickets. probably just chat up people there and find something to do afterwards. we will end up drunk, yes, just dont know where.

Yeah, there is no plan on gameday really, hard to go wrong. After the game if you still are feeling it like I said, the big bars are Gallettes and Innisfree. Rounders is on the strip too, but its a lot of freshman and arabs. Fun place though if you're in the mood (hammered). Confetti canons and loud house music basically.

>tfw can't shitpost pretending to be good anymore

was a fun three weeks

any of those have a cover? fuck covers

What is ABSECs' problem with this?

>play a cupcake while you prepare for biggest rival

Perfectly logical. It's standard practice in the ACC too - look at Clemson and FSU's penultimate games.

SMOKE WEED EVERY DAY

Dude its gameday in Tuscaloosa, they all will.
Tuscaloosa is fucked like that. Gallettes will be the cheapest at $5 cover. Innis and Rounders by later Saturday evening could hit $10-$20.

Beartrap is a rooftop bar on the strip and might not have cover, I'd go there or Gallettes probably.

>3. Auburn 8-4 (5-3)
it's totally coming, third in four years

>will never attend a US college with a good football team
I wasn't born to feel this feel

>Every year B1G teams pull this shit.
Year before last everyone was saying B1G was back because they had a good bowl season. It's almost like people are reactionary shits. It's almost like conferences have good years and bad years.

>What is it, exactly, about Penn State that's getting everyone so ass blasted?
Highly overrated pedos with "fans" that have an unwarranted arrogance. It's that simple.

Woo pitt!

based army

You may only reply to this post if your school has a winning bowl record.

roll tide

East
1. South Carolina 10-2 (6-2)
2. Georgia 10-2 (6-2)
3. Kentucky 8-4 (5-4)
4. Florida 7-4 (4-4)
5. Who gives a shit

Tennessee won't win another goddamn game the whole season

>georgia collapse
I'm ok with this

it's not even a question

>831 weeks in AP poll
>2nd all-time

that's why

>gloating about being not #1
>being top 25
>an accomplishment

damn then they should easily be a top 10 as a #1... wait

Post yfw Bama and UGA play each other back to back
>Penn State loses to tOSU
>Bama and UGA win out #1 #2
>Bama beats UGA in a close SEC title game
>UGA drops to #4
>mfw

Most wins ever
Longest gap between natties (95 years, 1902-1997)
Longest range of relevance (at least 117 years, arguably more)

They started doing that because the SEC was doing it

What's the problem

Are you retarded?

>Pac defenses

>LSU is not better than Auburn
Good teams don't fucking collapse after one quarter against a team that lost to Troy.

>Longest gap between natties (95 years, 1902-1997)
To clarify this is the length of time before their first natty and their last. I think the fact that Michigan was the best team in 1902 and national champion in 1997 says more about their longevity than anything else could.