BRAVO ICELAND!

BRAVO ICELAND!

Other urls found in this thread:

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paraguayan_War
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paraguayan_War
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paraguayan_War#Theories_about_British_influence_behind_the_scenes
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Baby_boom
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

congratulations to those boys

>Paraguay only had 800k people in 1930
h-hehe I wonder why

Uruguay qualified a few times (and won twice) while their population was under 2.6 million. Really makes you ponder

Wtf do people in Uruguay not have kids?

Will people stop laughing at us for losing to Iceland now?

Wtf you faggots you’re going to run out of island
Stop having so many fucking kids

rude

Just memeing, we are sorry about that war

Paraguayans are bros

HOWEVER

If it gets full we can just move to NY or FL.

>being sorry about a war that Paraguay leapt into
the huge drop in population was all their fault

Wh-what happened?

R E D D I T

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paraguayan_War

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paraguayan_War
>With an estimated 400,000 deaths, the war was the deadliest and bloodiest in Latin America's history.[7] It particularly devastated Paraguay, which suffered catastrophic losses in population – almost 70% of its adult male population died, according to some counts – and was forced to cede territory to Argentina and Brazil. According to some estimates, Paraguay's pre-war population of 525,000 was reduced to 221,000, of which only 28,000 were men.[8]

paraguay's fault tho

Iceland = reddit
Binland = Sup Forums

We are sorry because we did it just because Britain asked us to

>iceland is green
>greenland is ice

what did they mean by this

explain, i was playing badminton that day

Paraguay was pretty much the only independent country in Latin America at that time who didn't let the Brits "invest" and monopolise the industries

Britain asked Brazil and Argentina to attack Paraguay to "free" him from an eveil dictator, it was actually to put a puppet liberal president who would bent to the Brits. Pretty much what happens today in the Middle East but the USA instead of Britain financing some countries of the region to attack others so they don't get their hands dirty

OK you can also come to New Jersey

i dont doubt the british use of soft imperialism in this way in other countries, but the wikipedia article on this is skeptical of any british role in this conflict.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paraguayan_War#Theories_about_British_influence_behind_the_scenes
>Other historians dispute this claim of British influence, pointing out that there is no documentary evidence for it.[132][121] They note that, although the British economy and commercial interests benefited from the war, the UK government opposed it from the start. It believed that war damaged international commerce, and disapproved of the secret clauses in the Treaty of the Triple Alliance. Britain already was increasing imports of Egyptian cotton and did not need Paraguayan products.[133]

there were already enough reasons for south american states to fight each other during this period anyway.

All I want is for Iceland and England to be in the same group

Can you imagine a house with two adults and a baby crying all the fucking time?

Imagine being a man from post-Paraguayan war Paraguay.

penis game ridiculous

Mandatory sex to impregnate the women

How can soccer be an important world game if a meme "country" like Urugay can be the international champion? Is it really just luckkick?

That would be good. Who do you want in your group?

Talk to me when you make a World Series faggot

To be fair, they only won in 1930 and 1950, back then football was 100% Amateur and European nations didn't even send players

Uruguay won their World Cups in 1930 and 1950 when there were far fewer teams in the tournament. They had a good team then as well (and they still do) but with less teams in a tournament anything can happen.

>'''''''''''''''''World''''''''''''''''''' Series

What?

South american countries were whooping europe's ass back in those days. Even the clubs from south america were vastly superior to the european counterparts. It is not a meme that english teams have been making an ass of themselves in the world since inventing the sport, well it used to be the same for the rest of the countries.

>In 1930 Paraguay was still less populated than tiny Uruguay.

Oh god what have we done to those Garaní fuckers.
Not gonna pay reparations tho! Fuck off!

>South american countries were whooping europe's ass back in those days
Yes, and? Doesn't prove the point wrong, professional association football was very young back then

nearly 8:1 ratio

>three countries against little Paraguay

jésus christ talk about overkill

What a life that must of been...

>tfw scoreless even there

Post yfw Iceland win Russia 2018.

can you imagine it tought , it would be the biggest underdog history ever

No underdog has ever won a WC, I doubt we change that trend now that football is hyper professional

Football might as well stop, nothing would ever be better.

As far as I care, England count as underdogs. Yes, even at home in 1966. They are that shit.

>a South American war fought from 1864 to 1870 between Paraguay and the Triple Alliance of Argentina, the Empire of Brazil, and Uruguay.
seems a bit unfair

Nah, England have always been at the very least decent, like Belgium today

They aren't underdogs, they have a great NT on paper

Argentina and Uruguay didn't sent many troops, it was mainly a Brazil vs Paraguay conflict. The point is, we should have helped Brazil, we should have tried to make peace

iceland ftw

would be awesome if they made it out of their group

>tfw you will never be Icelandic

What, why did Paraguay have 860.000 ?

Now they have a lot more than us!

We fucked them in the mid-to-late 1800s with a little help from you and the hermanos.

reffballing at home isn't being an underdog, ask south korea

Yeah, but look at it like this: This is an Iceland thread, so we mock the English, yeah? Just >part-time dentists and move on.

stick with your country faggot

only succesfull underdog i can think off in a international competition is greece at euro 2004

Don't bother with argies, it's their excuse because they were(still are) our kids and because it took them until the 70s with a dictatorship to win a cup. And old cups never count because it's Uruguay, they don't say anything about Italy or Germany like the good cocksuckers they are.

does the 1950 World Cup not count as an "underdog winning" scenario?

Very little, we are decreasing our population and in 2035 we are going to have more people older than 65 than younger of 14.
By 2040 we are going to need to "import" people or we are fucked.

pls gib citizenship

I met a qt blonde girl from Uruguay on interpals. Please send her to me.

Being the country with more titles in the world is not "luckkick".
We also got to semis 3 times in the WC besides the championships won.

I think you guys need some "cultural enrichment"

If I send her we are going to have even less population.
Just need to say "hello, I want to be Uruguayan" at the airport and probably some government stooge will get you an uruguayan ID

Dude...there was some crazy idea (I hope it was just a crazy idea) from some of our politics to ask CHINESE (fucking chinese) to come to Uruguay and give them some land.

Well... It'd solve your population problem.

Well... you are already oriental

that was the idea
I know, that is our proper demonym

We did that pact with China in the 90s, we have almost 200k Chinks now

They are working people

RICED

give me some land, I'll impregnate every Urugayan I see

We did not made the deal because 200K of chinks is the 0.45% for you...for us is the 6%.
They automatically would be the second ethnic group it would be fucking crazy

Is not that easy, Uruguayan women do like to work, study, etc. so they would not get impregnated until they are 30 at least, so they have few kids.
Also we are even giving free treatments for infertility...you want to have a kid and you can`t? government will pay your invitro treatment

has peru done that deal too ? cause i swear peru look like they have a shitton of chinks in their population

>only 28,000 men
>coupled with this en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Baby_boom
wew

I don't think they made a deal, but what they have are Japanese people, but they didn't get them in the 90s, it's a longer history there. They've have 2 Japanese-Peruvian presidents

Peruvian cousine is similar to the Japanese one too (lot of fish and shit)

Is Canelones a nice city?
I'm planning to move there, i've always liked the name, Canelones

you have Canelones departament (very small province/state) which its capital is Canelones city.
I don`t like Canelones city, for me is pretty shit but the rest of the department is ok, you have some nice places like Atlantida. If you want to be nearer montevideo and you like the beach you have Coast City (ciudad de la costa)

Also, how easy is to get an uruguaya gf?
I'm 189cm btw

>189cm Bolivian
Are you Mariano Melgarejo?

if you want wife material is hard.

how come. is there something uruguay specific

how do you rate centracas?

I wish

not looking for a wife, yet
but yeah, all bitches are hoes

I would say that Uruguayn women have first world ambitions living in a third world country.
So to get there you would need more years (of work, career, life) for example in Europe you may achieve a quality of life at 24 years old that you may get there at 30 years old here, so you will get to that line ($$$$ enough, education enough, car, house, etc.) much later and then you will get your wife material, that is why women here get impregnated so late too which ends in few children.

The wife material women will not get married until you can provide them what they want also they will not give you the hour if you can not prove that you at least have the potential to get there.

Even today Kuwaitis are not even 1.5m
About 66% in 1982 and today are non citizens working here
Probably only 600,000 were kuwaitis in 82

if you want biches is easy, you go to a poor neighborhood or were villeras/rochas/turras go but you have to man up and prove you are an alpha male.
Never met one in my life

how many superb owls can any of these countries win though? america has way more.

Holy shit I want 70% of the adult male American population to die and 99% of the adult male African American population to be included in that

THE DOUJINS WRITE THEMSELVES.

you'd just have way more women to vote pro immigration

Move to ciudad de la costa or Parque del plata, the beach is near you so it's pretty nice.

>first immigrants start raping the fuck out of women because not enough men to protect them
>feminism dies and borders closed

que te digan boliviano es como un insulto asi que suerte

We are already importing people from shitty latin american countries, also Argentinians come by the thousands every year.

So you be sayin that urgay wasn't really THAT small when they won their """"world cups?""""

bueno, la mayoría de los bolivianos son collas, y que te digan colla acá es un insulto, así que es comprensible

you know that from that list Uruguay is the only on that won a world cup? Is the exception not the norm.

have you seen chinese women? they'll fix your birthrate issue

Chinks(asians) are ugly as shit man.