Sup Forums how do we solve the Polynesian Obesity Crisis?

Sup Forums how do we solve the Polynesian Obesity Crisis?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spam_(food)
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Hawaii residents consume nearly 7 million cans of Spam each year making it the state that buys more Spam than any other state. That’s nearly 6 cans of Spam for every resident every year.

Obesity in the Pacific is a growing health concern with health officials stating that it is one of the leading causes of preventable deaths in the Pacific Rim. According to Forbes, Pacific island nations and associated states make up the top seven on a 2007 list of fattest countries, and eight of the top ten. In all these cases, more than 70% of citizens age 15 and over have an unhealthy weight.

Reasons for this issue include mining operations that have left not much arable land; as a result, much of the local diet is of processed, calorie-dense, imported food such as Spam or corned beef,[2] rather than fresh fish, fruit and vegetables.[3] In addition, cultural factors have been blamed, such as associating a large body size with wealth and power, or changing ways of living, with children leading more sedentary lives.

>tl.dr Spam is killing Polynesians

Help I can't stop fucking laughing

Tough one that. Costs my country a fortune. We would be top three in all good criteria but are bought down the ranking because 20% population are Polynesian.

Mfw I treated myself to a Burger King breakfast two weeks ago. Samoan family at the next table ate enough to feed me for 3 days. Then the kids all had lollipops while dad went to the loo, spent about 15 minutes in there.

How much is type 2 diabetes gonna cost us.

We should take away their pigs and instead give them goats and chicken. and put a tax on fatty meats and processed foods

Also teach them cheap and high activity sports like Basketball and Soccer

There's something unsettling about seeing a 12 year old with the physique and medical problems of a 40 year old landwhale. Whether male or female.

But everyone in Hawaii eats spam, not just polynesians. It's not the healthiest, but I don't think its the main cause. Maybe its the culture. Not sure if its the cause on the other islands though. Hawaii does have a lot more produce than the island nations I would assume.

>6 cans of spam a year
So, fucking nothing

This lmao

Can't help it
Its genetic like with negros and native americans and mexicans and abos

Basically all low IQ races(includes low iq whites and asians) can't defer gratification
Thats why whites have less obesity
And asians even less still

Eat all the Polynesians.

>its da white mans mining

They live on fucking islands.

They never did much farming to begin with. Get them back on the 95% fish diet and everything will be fine.

East coast cities send their homeless too hawaii so that they don't have to deal with them. Hawaiians are like wtf is this shit and just gave up.

Do you have any proof about correlation between iq and food gratification? because I have 140 iq (average from 5 different measures) and I have strong food gratification mechanism, but it is probably related to lack of sex( food desire replaces sex desire)

>74.1% of America is overweight

Sweet jesus, is that true?

I knew you guys were fat, but damn...

why do polynesians try to be americans so hard?
its just embarrassing, like a bad caricature of what they think americans are, eating spam and being morbidly obese, and driving a 40 year old chrysler.

Yes theres a very strong one

A one personal case is not a statistic
Its a 2sec google search
Obesity lowers your IQ
And less intelligent people are prone to obesity
It has to to with differing gratification and impulse control
You can see the same statistics in substance abuse

wtf, i think they must shift from calorie-dense spam canned meat to chinese low calorie rat-meat luncheon meat.
tastes gud, and cheap

Grilled spam is pretty good desu

I'm pretty sure that, in addition to consuming positively unamerican amounts of spam, plenty of Polynesian people are trying very hard to NOT be American.

1. Remove spam, they put it on eveything

2. Cut down on the pork and meat in general , promote eating the plants and nuts also found in their island diet

3. Promote an active lifestyle. A lot of them are lazy and in permanent chill mode

4. Cull the druggies

who the hell cares? Theres like 20 polynesians on this earth and contribute nothing, except maybe whoring their rare flag for Sup Forums

>no one in this thread understands that Polynesians are predisposed to obesity because of their DNA.

What do you think happened to the thin Polys when they're floating aimlessly on rafts for days before finally finding land? Natural selection my friends.

They contribute immensely to rugby and gridiron desu

I think it'll sort out.

What the fuck is this Spam you Americans are talking about?

Anything more than 0 is too much.

Stop paying them to breed.

I've never met a poly I didn't like

You mean you don't know how to use Google?

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spam_(food)

It's highly-processed ham.