Star Trek Discovery - Are They Fucking It Up?

The short answer is yes
The long answer is hell yes, the ships look way too advanced for the pre TOS era and their uniforms have the TOS Enterprise mission patch on them when that wasn't widely adopted by Starfleet until after The Enterprise was the only one of the 12 Constitution Class Starships to return from it's five year mission. It's no big deal though right? It's not like Star Trek fans are known to at all be anal about continuity or anything

youtube.com/watch?v=2JwQQeSGGqk

Other urls found in this thread:

trekcore.com/blog/2016/07/cbs-says-star-trek-discovery-is-already-profitable-ahead-of-production/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

autistic attention to continuity will probably be the least of this series' problems

you mean there will be a sassy robot sidekick?

Probably? No, it will be the least of their problems for sure.

So for the NX class from Star Trek Enterprise they said "just take the Akira Class and flip it upside down" and now for this series they said "just take the one from Enterprise and flip it rightside up."

..profit?

I prefer to think of it as a proto-Miranda.

yeah so then what's with those post TNG looking nacells?

at least it's not a proto Oberth, the second worst ship design in the history of Starfleet. I DON'T UNDERSTAND! HOW DO THEY GET BETWEEN THE SAUCER & STARDRIVE SECTION If THEY'RE SEPARATED?!

Absolute shit cast too. No hotties.

Transporter?

The turbolift in the wings?

nope the Transporter room is in the star drive section so if no one is down there to transport you then you'll have to take the shuttle found in the saucer, great design

it doesn't look like a turbolift to me

Emily Coutts is qt.

At least for Enterprise they remembered old style nacelles are supposed to be cylindrical.

It looks like a turbolift to me.

looks like golem

>all that make up and photoshop and she STILL looks like a fucking goblin
yeah nah

It seems to connect into some kind of sensor equipment unless those are turbolifts on their side and you have to lie down in them when you get on the saucer section

Yfw this flop is cancelled after no more than 1 maybe 2 series.
Yfw the executives think it's because there is no interest in spaceship fiction
Yfw because there hasn't been a sci-fi success since .... stargate sg1 they are going to give up on the genre

Why do they fuck these stories up so badly, why do normies only watch fiction with swords not starships :(

AND they remembered not to use the Enterprise patch. Jesus this show is going to make enterprise look good by comparison. Now that is an achievement.

I'd rather they made season 5 of Enterprise instead of this 2bh.

>it's another prequel

Turbolifts don't have to move in straight lines and they don't have to move vertically.

At least it means they can't retcon TNG/DS9/VOY with the "inclusive" memes they're pushing this time.

Who else already hates the new uniforms?

looks like Mesut Özil

I know but they do have to remain upright because I never saw kirk shimmy out a tubolift on its side like that picture would apparently indicate if those are in fact turbolifts

I was hoping they wouldn't fuck up the individual ship badge thing.

Battlestar Galactica remake was successful

She looks like an ayy lmao.

>implying that this is a problem
>implying that you don't want to see an ayy lmao in a scifi show

Oh what the living fuckity fuck?!!!!

The star of the show is shasha from the walking dead?
Literally the most dull, unattractive, shittily acted character in a series that is made up of dull people.
Fuck this diversity bullshit why couldn't they have cast captain chandler from the last ship

USS SJW

Because he's a white male.

well doesn't this take place around the time of the TOS pilot which is 15 years before Kirk tok command? So why aren't they wearing the turtleneck uniforms already established they should be wearing?

Why do you think that it would need to turn sideways? The wings aren't that skinny.

I don't more fucking prequel niggershit I want post-Voyager canon content. So do 90% of fans. I don't think this will succeed.

Std is going to make us think more fondly of ENT just like how tfa made us think better of the prequels isn't it?

Well, it's pretty fucking obvious what's going on now, right?

It's clearly time travel.

oops forgot the picture

Go back to your Star Wars threads, nerd.

It's lieutenant commander Who-gives-a-shit from the USS Flop-in-2-seasons

Damn that looks mediocre. Like worse than various fan designs and non canon ones from games.

That breaks established uniform canon REEEEEE!

because those blue things at the top of what you presume to be the tubolift shaft would then be the turbolifts yes? and if so then they're on their side.

cute

Enterprise also kept the TOS uniform colours, Archer has a yellow trim for instance. What's the bet they use red for command like the later series?

Suck my lekku, faggot.

Why would they have chrome insignias if this is set before TOS? Are they saying they had chrome ones but then switched to stitched/iron-on ones afterward? Hell, even JJtrek got that right.

And was that operations symbol used on TOS? Genuine question, can anyone confirm. I know it was used in later series and want to know if this is another goof.

No, those are too large to be turbolifts. They're just some other piece of equipment.

>prototype Ambassador Class instead of production model
It's past your bedtime Andrew Probert

that's actually operations not science.

Why a fucking badge though? They were just sew on badges, not actual metal badges.

If that has a god damn communicator in it I will drop it then and there.

The only good thing about this dullard being cast as lead in star trek is she will have to be killed off in walking dead this season

No way JJ made it THAT big.

>trying to impress 00s kids with tech.
>people still have to break out a fucking flip phone.

They really called it the Enterprise Class? REEEEEE Even the NX-01 was called the Columbia Class when it was the prototype and the Columbia was the NX-02

I think his image is wrong but the jjprise is bigger than the D and it got even bigger in Into darkness for some reason.

it was always called "NX class".

Oh god, oh god they are going to use some Apple looking icommunicator instead of old flipper. Oh Christ no.

That makes no sense, NX is just a general prefix used on prototype ships. The Excelsior also had an NX designation.

It's actually around 700m long which coincides with Andrew Probert's original plan for TMP to make the Enterprise refit 2000ft long.

> muh strong confident diverse women leaders
> weak white beta orbiters

Do you actually have a criticism of Doug Jones or do you just not know who he is?

Wait, a Berman/Braga joint was half-assedly inconsistent with details? I am shocked, SHOCKED!

>That makes no sense

So what? In the "Enterprise" era NX is the class designation. The NX-prototype was even named NX-Alpha.

If you think he's going to be anything but a weak intellectual you're going to be disappointed.

>Sonequa

>Star Trek fans
Nigger, they want to appeal to normies now, they don't give a fuck about you and to be honest they would probably appreciate it if you fucked on off.

I'm just waiting until the show actually comes out before I pass judgment on it. Crazy, I know.

>they would probably appreciate it if you fucked on off.

no. they wouldn't. they will need every single sucker's dollar for this one since they've pulled it behind CBS' exclusive paywall that no one uses instead of netflix.

this is stupid even from a marketing standpoint, they have zero chance of success with new or old fans (they need BOTH for this to even break cost)

She playing an alien?

> been let down and disappointed with every single sci-fi show in the last 10 years
> new trek shows zero signs that any lessons of the past dozen flops have been learned
> still hopeful
You're either young and naive or just unbearably gullible

not quite for non americans we'll get it on netflix but americans wont

>CBS and Netflix announced today that the streaming service will make the series available within 24 hours of its airing on CBS All Access in 188 countries around the world, including the U.K. The catch, though, is that CBS All Access is still the only way for Americans to see the new series; there will be no Netflix airing of the show here or in Canada.
Blunder of the year?

>put it all on the diversity meme
>none of the sjws in the US you want to market to pay for CBS streaming

>(they need BOTH for this to even break cost)
The Netflix deal has already paid for the cost of the first season.

A second season won't happen if nobody watches, but CBS won't lose money on this.

trekcore.com/blog/2016/07/cbs-says-star-trek-discovery-is-already-profitable-ahead-of-production/

Was their any reason to make it this fuckoff huge other than DUUUUH I MAY MY SHIP BIGGERER THAN ALL DUH OTHER SHIPS

Literally what is the point? It's not like they are going to compare the size of it to ships from the regular universe

And it's just meant to be an alternate timeline, how the fuck did they build a ship that big when in the regular timeline they couldn't build a ship 1/3 that size? Triggers me real good

So many people are in denial. I tell people how big it is and how it's confirmed canon proportionate size and they're just like 'nah, that can't be right'. It is. JJ decided his ship needed to be bigger than anything in Star Trek.

I wish I could find the picture from Paramount where they have the ships and their relative sizes printed on the wall but they had JJs Enterprise removed.

>> been let down and disappointed with every single sci-fi show in the last 10 years
The Expanse is fine. It's not phenomenal, but it's not a let down or disappointment either.

So, yeah, there's still some hope for STD.

It's so simple to make a decent trek in modern times.

Take The Last Ship and literally put it in space, Boom, done, enjoy printing free money

>hell yes, the ships look way too advanced

This is where you done sperged.

If you honestly care about this, it's time to go outside and try to find out what a vagina feels like.

> this one show is good
> ergo, this other show that isn't related to this other show, from a production house, ownership rights, or canon perspective definitely has a chance

>The Last Ship

No, that image is exaggerated. It's about 700m long, not 7000m.

Regarding the wall, it was obscured anyway.

>It's a prequel that has no bearing on future canon

It's doomed from the jump

Yeah because fuck continuity, it's only for people who haven't evolved into goldfish yet

>obscured
Still larger than the Sovereign class

You are the one who started talking about other shows, not me.

Fuck me that show was top to bottom trash.

I keep pulling it up on netflix and trying to go back to it but I scroll through the episode descriptions, remember what happens and don't want to watch them again.
Every time.

Admiral Robocops ship is near Borg cube size.

JewJew went full retard with the scale.

JJ isn't even consistent between his own movies and you expected it to be consistent with existing Trek?

a vagina feels like a corned beef sandwich that was left in a moist cooler for too long on a hot summer day and yes of course I care about that, I want it to make sense within the context of its universe so as not to break my willing suspension of disbelief.

>The jjprise nacelle is bigger than the Ds saucer section

Bravo jj, bravo.

at least they had the sense of remove it from the wall

now remove the akira.

I wonder when these were taken....
Was it removed after Into Darkness?

That's Bryan Fuller on the left. He joined STD in February 2016. So both photos were taken in the past year.

>we will never get a Turkana IV: Yar Etude
>we will never watch a planet fall apart into an underground dystopia where actual gangs where rape is it's only reason for existing are prevalent
>we will never watch Tasha laugh at her sister as she leaves the planet's controlled grid

Why even?

Ok, heard me out.
I've always thought the Last Ship is basically a sci-fi star trek esque show in disguise
>The ship is the focal point, it's powerful, loved and is home to the crew
>The crew is a diverse multicultural, multiskilled group with focus on the Bridge, engineering, Science and Security
>The plot revolves around exploration in unsure and unsafe waters with friends and enemies lurking all around
>Constant "away missions" involving the captain and bridge crew plus expendable security team members.
>Through good science, loyalty to themselves, the mission and the ship the cast are able to see through the danger and go safely on their way.

The Last Ship is literally the best star trek we've had since TNG and the several seasons of DS9, the captain even looks like Kirk.

you can just go to india if you want to see that