Unacknowledged kino?

Never watched the movie till yesterday. Not only being a '00 horror movie but a '00 horror movie based on a video game, I just assumed it basura but fuck me was I wrong. This might be a pop art classic deserving to be in the company of Speed Racer (2008) and Jennifer's Body (2009)

its shit, fuck off

It's the kind of movie that Sup Forums can never like because it doesn't give you much plot exposition until the very end, where it openly mocks you for thinking that infodumps are good storytelling.

supercomfy movie. i get chills everytime the church organs kick in and the razor wire starts fuckin shit up. also alyssa was pretty cute.

Great argument fag

>dat kid trying to act
>dat pointless dead air with Shaun Bean
>dat hilarious home movie style info dump at the end
It's pretty shit. The visuals are amazing through, and the two female leads are pretty great, so it's not completely shit.

The atmosphere is great but the dialogue is meh and the unnecessary Hollywood genderswap basically ruined what could have been a good Shaun Bean movie by wasting his talent.

Shes such a little qt

*Sean Bean

>tfw had to walk out of the second movie cause my ex was too scared
:| these movies are eh but still somehow well done.

BACK

THE

FUCK

OFF

It was such shit, I turned it off after 20 minutes.

:3

They captured the atmosphere of the game pretty well. With a stronger story it could have been true vidyakino.

They fucked it up by trying to make parallel narratives about looking for someone. Not only that but they messed up silent hills personal manifestations by just using enemies from the game out of context.

It should have just been based on Silent Hill 2 and with Sean Bean as the lead. His shit was totally pointless in the finished movie.

>Is it okay that half my wardrobe is cat shirts but I don't have any cats?

tfw she will never be your quirkfu

True Pyramid Head being used for no goddamn reason was a huge waste.

That one movie about dragons with McConaughey

I love the atmosphere but funnily enough I don't find the movie scary in the slightest.

The first movie I saw McConaghey in was Reign of Fire and now I can't take him seriously playing anything other than a bald death-seeking warrior.

Oh yeah Reign of Fire never gets brought up. I watched the shit out of it when I was younger.

I like Christophe Gans, he's like the French Tarantino, former critic and very knowledgeable and insightful about the history of genre cinema, gialli, samurai films, hong kong films, animation, etc. he has a strong aesthetic sensibility, but as a critic and fanboy he's not a natural storyteller, so his films end up looking like a compilation of great-looking shots and interesting concepts but lacking in emotions or a natural flow.

I love Silent Hill.
It's THICC with talent.

what breed is that?