Other urls found in this thread:

lawrencemiles.blogspot.com/
beasthouse-lm2.blogspot.nl/2011/09/everyones-destroyer-of-worlds-these.html
twitter.com/AdamOrford1/status/827113081100705794
youtube.com/watch?v=RdoehLWIpA8
youtube.com/watch?v=uoHACWcUWYE
strawpoll.me/12253386
dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-4183988/Is-Kris-Marshall-line-Doctor-Who.html
dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-4180056/Olivia-Colman-bookies-favourite-Doctor-role.html
bigfinish.com/ranges/v/monthly-series
abcd.com/file/4j24lk3f71bpiu0/WDV123.txt.txt
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Andrew Buchan is the New Doctor

CHIBNALL HAS SAVED THE SHOW

SAVED
A
V
E
D

>Andrew Buchan is the New Doctor
Nope, it's Gatiss. That's why he didn't take the showruiner job; can't do both.

Yeah. Wish he'd update it more, the last post was in October 2015. Right now I've gone for the 6th About Time though which is unfortunately Miles-less.

That sounds hilarious, do you remember any shit-talk he deleted? I love the post that details his utter contempt for Moffat.

Someone kept an archive of most of the deleted posts from the one he started around 2005. IIRC, the archive is down, but can be found via Wayback. I used to have a bookmark to it, but it's on my old laptop. Maybe I can dig it up tomorrow.

Which writers will Chibnall bring back in his era? Which ones will he erase like Moffat did with Raynor, Greenhorn and Cornell?
For some reason, I can't see Chibnall working with Harness. And I hope he'll at least stop bringing Gatiss back every goddamn season.
I hope Mathieson stays, Withouse and Dollard are alright too. He'll probably bring Tregenna back since he worked with her on Torchwood. Speaking of Torchwood, a couple of writers I wouldn't mind coming back are Moran and Lidster, who wrote some really good audios.
Do you think we could have a PJ Hammond episode 30 years after JNT rejected his Sixth Doctor story?

>Which writers will Chibnall bring back in his era?

I think Mileswatch at lawrencemiles.blogspot.com/ may be an archive of the Beasthouse blog and the one before it, and I think it includes some posts he later deleted, but I'm not sure. Anyway, it's not the one I was looking for, but if you haven't read his 2005-2008 posts…

Chibnall wrote '42', so will his first episode be titled...

...'13' ?

I expect he'll erase gatiss, or at least he'll no longer be a concrete writer for the show, and I hope he keeps the newer ones like dollard and mathieson. other than that, the more new writers and the less old ones the better, in my opinion

Can we meme magic Hayley into getting cast just like how Trump got memed into election? Maybe if we spam Hayley boobs it will work.

thanks for posting this, is this only the deleted ones? either way, I feel like this might lead to my 3rd readthrough of miles' blog

Reminder that Adam Orford will be the next doctor

I just found it when searching for the other archive, so I'm not sure what's included. It's definitely not a complete archive of the entire blog, but it does at least have two of the three Unquiet Dead posts, which were the first ones that caused a big shitshorm, IIRC.

Cant wait for the Bessie revival.

Couldn't hurt to try.

>Which writers will Chibnall bring back in his era?
Well, if he really wants to be the anti-Moffat, he should start with Mad Larry of course.

But if it were up to me, I'd give a few classic Who writers a chance to see if they can handle the new format. Chris Boucher definitely—he came out of retirement to write for Kaldor City, he'll do it for Who. And Ben Aaronovitch and maybe Marc Platt.

>But if it were up to me, I'd give a few classic Who writers a chance to see if they can handle the new format
The exciting thing is that S10 is creating a precedent for that. So it actually seems possible Chibnall might dig up some of the others.

>The exciting thing is that S10 is creating a precedent for that.
Yes, I've been thinking about who else I'd want back ever since Rona was announced. It's harder than I expected to find recent information on retired Who writers known primarily for classic Who, other than whether they're alive or dead, except for the young people Cartmel brought in at the very end…

Of course maybe her story will suck, and then we'll forget all about it. But I'm hopeful.

>Well, if he really wants to be the anti-Moffat, he should start with Mad Larry of course.
Fat chance. He got even more insults than Moffat on his blog.
beasthouse-lm2.blogspot.nl/2011/09/everyones-destroyer-of-worlds-these.html
>Great minds think alike, and so does Chris Chibnall, sometimes.
>Big Russell, Horrid Chibnall, and myself
>Therefore, the events of "Exit Wounds" can be thought of as a form of chemotherapy, only less entertaining.

No more stalking for Adam it seems twitter.com/AdamOrford1/status/827113081100705794

Has Chibnall done anything good in his past career?

Release the Kraken!

>Fat chance.
Yeah, I wasn't exactly being serious there.

Does "not writing everything himself RTD" count as something good?

If so, Torchwood series 2. When he took over, he went from 7 episodes written by RTD and/or Chibs and the rest rewritten by them to just the opener and finale written by Chibs and the rest actually left up to other writers. Not all of the episodes were great, of course, but they at least weren't all failed attempts at the same RTD/Chibs story.

Chibnall blew them the fuck out on national television as a teenager, the only reason he'd dig them up is to drag their corpses through the main street.

wow, is it true they're changing headquarters? haven't they been cardiff based for the past 10 years?

You saw the Five(ish) Doctors, right? Now that Davison knows where they are, they have to move again.

First series of Broadchurch was decent enough I suppose. Then it went to shite of course.

Dinosaurs on a Spaceship had fun bits. Mainly the title.

make arby from utopia doctor

They're moving to somewhere with 13 inch thick steel doors and electric fences. Keep the riff raff out

What?
RTD wrote only the pilot episode in series 1. Chibnall wrote four in series 1 and four in series 2, exactly the same number.

The rewriting is the big deal. RTD believed that he had to rewrite every episode to his own style (unless it was by Moffat), and in S1, when he got behind schedule, he got Chibnall to do it instead or just not doing it. In S2, Chibnall mostly left the scripts alone.

Also, doing 3 stories at the end is very different from doing every second story in the first half of the season. It means he wasn't setting the tone for the entire year.

It wasn't only Moffat, was it? I thought RTD didn't touch scripts from writers who had had their own shows before. Although I think I read that on the erudtorium, so Phil might've just made it up.

He says in his book that he never rewrote Moffat, Chibnall, Greenhorn (The Lazarus Experiment, The Doctor's Daughter) or Graham (Fear Her).

>It wasn't only Moffat
Well, he said only Moffat when talking about Blink; he said Moffat, Chibnall, and two others I can't remember in his book; he said Moffat, Whithouse, and one other I can't remember in an interview about Moffat taking over (and this after the long bit about how much he had to rewrite Whithouse in his book), so… I don't know the specific details, but he definitely felt like he had to rewrite most writers' script. And his book makes it pretty clear how completely he rewrote them.

I can''t be bothered looking them each up, but I think all of them have had their own shows or been executive producers in some way. Which indicates that his not rewriting scripts thing was less about quality and more about professional respect.

Another point I forgot to mention: The problem with Chibs not rewriting all the TW S2 scripts and letting his script editor do the script editor's job is that the script editor was Gary Russell. I don't know why RTD trusted Gary to do that job for Chibs when he wouldn't accept any of Gary's story ideas. But if Chibs decides to do DW S11 the same way (which he probably won't, but I can hope), I'd assume he'll get someone with, say, some experience with TV scripts instead of editing fanzines and directing audio plays.

>Doctor turns into a woman
>he quips that atleast shes a red head

youtube.com/watch?v=RdoehLWIpA8

twitter.com/AdamOrford1/status/827113081100705794

>Apparently #DoctorWho is moving production of its 2018 Chibnall series to BBC Manchester...? It'll be gone from Cardiff completely then.

I haven't been able to watch this show since the first season of le big head wacky man, If this happened I'd end it

Architects of the New Moon, Temple of the Seventh Precinct, Heralds of the Equinox, The Borealis Abbey, Church of the Question.

Jesus Christ they're huge.

Interesting if true

>regeneration scene
>I have boobs now, boobs are cool!

Good. Maybe they've been reusing the same 5 sets and locations for years.

Is Manchester somehow more posh than Cardiff when it comes to studio quality? Is it better? Or worse?

Bill seems fun.
And we're getting at least two pseudo-historicals. And one of them is Romans!

She looks like something from a Die Antwoord video.

Is Gareth, dare I say it, our guy?

I like Bill's look in this ep.

Girly letters is one of the most anti-white twitter posters i've seen. I'm surprised she does not hate Capaldi solely because he's white too.

>In 2001 he was approached, together with writer Nigel McCrery, to develop the format for a drama series[2] which became Born and Bred. With a cast including Bolam and Michael French, Born and Bred ran on BBC One for four years from 2002 to 2005. Chibnall served as head writer and consultant producer (later executive producer), writing seventeen of its thirty six-hour-long episodes.

>Chibnall was the only writer other than the show's creators to write for both series of the double International Emmy-award-winning BBC One police drama Life on Mars (2006–2007). He was part of the production team who accepted the 2007 BAFTA Audience Award onstage at the London Palladium.

How am I supposed to fap to Hayley Atwell's Doctor while remembering she used to be an old Scottish man.

Episode where the Doctor has a monster stuck in her mouth...

youtube.com/watch?v=uoHACWcUWYE

>first season of le big head wacky man

Erm...this describes too many Doctors. Can you narrow it down a bit?

>The Studios on Broadway contains seven high-definition studios, claimed to be the largest such facility in Europe. The largest studio has an area of 12,500 square feet (1,160 m2), making it one of the biggest in western Europe.

Yes, studio quality is better.

Seven Heads of Severance

The Great Debate:
strawpoll.me/12253386
strawpoll.me/12253386
strawpoll.me/12253386

Martha always truck me as the most competent, what with medical training and Torchwood

I want to get back into the new Doctor Who, I really enjoyed Tennant , should I just watch him again or should I start with Ecclestone?

It's a pity Salford is such a shithole.

start from Eccleston

Take Flatine and Heaven Sent and call me in the morning

Jenna and only partly because I want to suck her toes.

>/who/: What's so dangerous about my future?
>DORIUM: On the Generals of Sup Forums, at the fall of the Twelfth, when no living creature can speak clearly, or fail to masturbate, an Atwell will be cast. An Atwell that must never, ever be fapped to.
>/who/: Silence will fall when the Atwell is cast.
>DORIUM: Silence MUST fall would be a better translation. Sup Forums are determined the Atwell will not be cast. That the Doctor will never be a woman.
>/who/: I don't understand. What's it got to do with me?
>DORIUM: The titties. The biggest titties in the universe, hidden in plain sight. Would you like to know what they will do to your threads?
>/who/: Yes.
>DORIUM: Are you sure? Very, very sure?
>/who/: Of course.
>DORIUM: Then I shall tell you. But on your own general be it.

> PJ Hammond
Yes please.

I think he'd make a fine Doctor but I'm still rooting for Hayley Atwell

dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-4183988/Is-Kris-Marshall-line-Doctor-Who.html

I'm more excited that there is Picts.

Is it normal for visitors to DW sets to be covered in a blanket to hide their identity?

WHO IS IT /WHO/

WHAT EPISODE ARE THEY FILMING RN

Episode 10 - Mark Gatiss' Ice Warrior ep

There's a news series starting 15th April, with a new companion. Also soft rebooting so that new viewers can start watching, without needing to know the entire backstory.

If you have time however, I'd recommend binge watching from The Eleventh Hour (start of series 5).

Either a very tall woman, or a man in a skirt and crocs.

>Miranda Hart
>Height 6 ft 1 in (1.85 m)

Screenshot this.

Gatiss' "new Ice Warrior" is inevitably going to be a female.

I predict that the theme of Series 10 will be 'female'

And the Christmas special will end accordingly

Doing god's work, son

Yeah it's going to be shit.

One look at her glorious chest and your memories of old Doctors past will be erased

>Ice Warrior Queen

But would that be a huge revelation? Not particularly for me, and why hide the actress' face (unless maybe they're a big name, and I doubt the Beeb could afford that anyway)?

Can someone explain to me, can Doctor return to Gallifrey after Hell Bent if he wants to?

You are not connecting the dots. Miranda Hart is a giant.
She will end up being a female warrior who's better than all the males.

Shearman please.

Reminder Ice Warriors live in hives.

yes

So Anthony Ainley was gay, right?

Reminder Gatiss made the Ice Warriors into scrawny knobs inside a fighting machine instead of big bastards in armor.

We already have Daleks. We didn't need another shit version.

osgood? kate? my first two thoughts although i dont see why they'd do that. maybe its just a really famous guest star. kinda sad that they'd waste her on a gatiss ep if true

The location seems like it might be ideal for Peladon's catacombs

Wtf is crocs?

dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-4180056/Olivia-Colman-bookies-favourite-Doctor-role.html
GET HYPED
GET HYPED
GET HYPED

Yeah it has that stoney castley look. Gatiss admits it ice warriors so a Peladon brexit story is very possible.

Does someone have a link to this Chibnall video ?

In honor of the passing of John Hurt, I present the first three volumes of the War Doctor's Big Finish adventures. If you enjoy this series, I highly recommend you visit the Big Finish main page and support them by purchasing some of your favorite stories.
bigfinish.com/ranges/v/monthly-series

abcd.com/file/4j24lk3f71bpiu0/WDV123.txt.txt
>Replace ABCD with mediafire
>Follow the instructions.
>I swear it's not a virus. Why would I target /who/ of all places?