Gotham was better than I expected

Holy shit why is Gotham so good so Sup Forums?

I came expecting dumb memes and acting but there's good story in this along with some good scenes.

youtube.com/watch?v=elU23pA9afA
Mr freeze says goodbye his wife.
youtube.com/watch?v=xO1j-3ZSud8
Penguin finally accepts that he is a madman and comes to terms with his mothers death
youtube.com/watch?v=_obi-GgWBYk
Joker (Jerome) finds his place in the group.

There are daily threads praising Gotham kino.

This is your fault

Can we turn this thread into a Gotham discussion? That newest episode, wow.

It really threw me back to the old Saturday morning Batman cartoons everything is getting set up for a recurring and evolving early Batman show.

Who here thinks that when Gotham has run its course it should spin off to follow the young caped crusader as he faces off against the supervillians Gotham has done so well of setting up.

I would more than like it to see the struggles of young master Wayne as he gets the hang of the vigilante buiseness, with detective Gordon dogging his heels trying to bring this vigilante to justice.

I'd also like to see something happen to Bruce that puts him out of commission for a while, only to have Gordon take up the mantle in his absence.

Thoughts?

Gotham is the best capeshit tv show currently airing.

Did it pick up after the Hugo Strange stuff? The Bruce doppelganger and having Fish Mooney back seemed like it would end stupidly.

If David continued to play Bruce I'd be all for it

Without a doubt. What do you think of Jerome though.

I'll admit I thought he was a terrible, cringey joker at first, but the last two episodes are making me think he's pretty Joker kino.

That whole bit at Amusement Mile with him and Bruce gave me goosebumps.

>12 years a Batman
>Batmanhood
Id watch it

After ledger and Leto I can appreciate a live action Joker who actually cares about the theatrics.

What do you mean? Hugo strange had a pretty big part to play after fish came back with her powers.

Have you seen what happened to Theo Gallavan? Or seen the resolution of the Indian Hill arc?

>Holy shit why is Gotham so good so Sup Forums?

You just named like two of the worst things about it. Freeze and "Joker" were so bad I have permanent creases in my face from cringing. They keep bringing back characters that are universally hated too like Fish and Jerome.

It's better now than season one which was just okay. Once they embraced just being a live action cartoon show it's pretty fun. Penguin got ruined by his love subplot though, him going babbling retard over a mancrush is so against his cold and vicious character they'd established it was unbelievable.

And I thought I'd hate having Bruce Wayne on the show and was pissy about it when I heard they'd cast him, but that Bruce kid has become the best on-screen Bruce Wayne honestly.

At least there' still this fine piece of chocolate treat.

This, seriously. I haven't seen a joker do over the top stuff like that since the old cartoons.

Spoiler!

That bit at the beginning of the newest episode when you see what happens after he turned Gotham city's lights off made me think things were gonna start getting really bad for the good guys of the show. It was the perfect setup for the other villians, Nygma, Butch, Babs, to really start going down the path of supervillians. I'm very excited for what's to come

It's a shame his performance is another Ledger impression like Leto's.

>What happened to Theo/Azazel
I missed everything after he exploded, saw a bit of the first episode of season 3, and then shelved it until I felt like going back.

I haven't felt like going back.

I believe they did that with Cobblepot to further his sickness. If you've seen the episode you know what happens to him. I'm not gonna say what because of spoilers, so other people stop reading now,

but there is no way The Penguin isn't going to come back pissed off as all hell.

I miss Strange. He was weird in a good way.

>Freeze and "Joker" were so bad I have permanent creases in my face from cringing.
Freeze is the embodiment of the phrase "I don't give a fuck I'm already dead" and the Joker is literally the Joker
You have shit taste

i liked him since the "you know how mother are" scene, at first i expected another shitty joker but i actually loved it

Spoilers.
After Azazel explodes there is a brief calm and then I believe The Mad Hatter arrives on the scene as his sister Alice Tetch has a "gift" in the form of a blood virus that causes people who come into contact with it to become singleminded rage monsters, as the virus has a similar effect as old comic Bane's venom. I won't say too much more because you need to watch it but Bruce closes in more on the Court of Owls, Cobblepot runs for mayor with Nygma, and I don't recall if this was before or after the Azazel arc but Gordon goes lone wolf for a while as a PI. The crime stuff takes a back seat as the Mad Hatter arc is more of a setup for current episodes though, it's still good but mostly it sets up events and characters for the most recent episodes events.

Freeze was another clumsy adaptation of Heart of Ice which is too early with a terrible actor and laughable effects on his post-freezing form.

"Joker" is reminds me of that guy whose roommate walks in on him in the middle of his Dark Impression reel. I feel embarrassed by proxy for that actor because of his performance being televised.

If you even had taste, it'd be shit. These are the worst parts of the show, absolute ineptitude.

Really enjoyed the revenge plot, I was surprised with how they played it out and didn't just give it a small segment to one episode

>really expecting film-level effects in a series with a budget less than a half than productions like GoT

He's right though, mediocre acting skills aside, the writing for Jerome is in my opinion the truest to the comics that has been done. Ignoring personal performance, Jerome has done things that none of the other joker portayals would do because of Hollywood jewery. You don't have to like the actor but you can at least admit it's one of the most violent and Joker-ish jokers in a long time

>Ignoring personal performance
Can't do that.

Maybe they shouldn't have overreached by attempting that and failing with something shitty then eh?

they just wanted to put freeze in the series for his later indian hill plot. as far as i can remember, his effects were the only really bad effects.

>they just wanted to put freeze in the series
Exactly. That summarizes it perfectly.

>can't do that
Then I feel bad for you man. Because Jerome is the best the Joker is gonna get for a long time. Sure he may not be a very good actor, but Gotham's Joker separated from the actor, is true to classics Joker.

>Because Jerome is the best the Joker is gonna get for a long time.
>an "actor" doing a Ledger impression that wouldn't be welcome at a high school theater club let alone on television is the best Joker is gonna get

Sad!

His Indian Hill plot was negligible at best. Did anything even happen with him trying to freeze Gotham bay? They really should've waited to put freeze in imo. I don't even remember though, is he dead or not? Because with the way things are going it would be neat to see freeze come back bigger and badder than ever. Perhaps it would be interesting to see him try and freeze all of Gotham so he can live outside of his suit again.

>that cringey yellowface display

fuck this shit

morena baccarin is also a slut who cucked her husband with gordon

Batman has some pretty good lore and amazing characters all over, but Batman usually becomes the focus because he's too awesome sometimes to ridiculous OP levels that give Neil Breen a run for his "great reviews." So making a Batman series without actually throwing Batman into it was a bit of a stroke of genius, really. They've found some good characters and good actors to work with and they're just running with it to surprisingly good results.

Gotham is awesome. I wish Sup Forums would have threads about it so Iwouldn't have to journey to fucking Sup Forumsmblr for the live threads

I hate the kid who plays Bruce Wayne with a passion. Must be the most awful child actor there is.

It's a pretty bad show that has a halfway decent episode every couple of months. I guess there isn't much competition when it comes to live action superhero shows though.

Maybe so, but unlike you I can separate the performance of an actor and see what the character is about. This joker is theatrical, is a showman, likes a public spectacle. Like comics joker he doesn't care about motives and gain he does what he does because to him it's hysterical, as can be seen during the Amusement Mile scenes during the last episode wherin innocent people were subjected to piranha tanks, shooting galleries, and wackamole executions at the hands of his clowns. THAT is the Joker, that is this Joker. Not ledger with his grimdark methods and 2 edgy manifesto (not saying it wasn't an excellent bit of acting on ledgers part, it just wasn't THE Joker) and I refused to watch suicide squad to see that abberration of a joker that leto did. Sure I heard good things, but that is not the Joker. Say what you will about Jeromes acting, his character's actions speak louder imo.

But everyone is entitled to their opinion and I respect you have yours.

this show needs more ivy/cat scenes

The actor is what delivers the character.

If my waiter smashes my exquisitely designed and baked cake on the floor when he brings it to me because he's a clumsy fucker who doesn't belong in the waiting business I can say, "Haha I bet that cake was really good, too bad I didn't get to experience it since this fag smeared it across the linoleum."

wrong. he's the best Bruce Wayne to date

i want to fuck all the women on this show if you understand what i meant

>ivy/cat

You mean more Babbsitha.

dude, they are killing everyone to bring him back. do you really think penguin is gonna stay dead?

Nigger

yeah, more of them too. generally more of the female characters , they are all pretty hot.

>food analogies
I do see what you mean though, the actor is an integral part of the experience. Like I said though you have your opinion and I have mine. I have hope Jerome will take some acting lessons to improve his performance. But I feel like I do have to reiterate that Gotham's Joker is the most true to comics I believe we have ever seen and I for one am excited to see how the character will develop as the show progresses. When will he break out of Arkham? Will he go straight for Bruce again? Will Harley Quinn come into the picture now that Jerome is going to Arkham? Call me what you will but it gives me goosebumps to think about how this show is going to evolve now that it seems the most iconic Batman villain is here to stay.

including youg ivy, bridgit and ms peabody?

You mean more Silver.

Indeed, user. And as we all know, Batman vs Joker is the meat and potatoes of any good Batman tale

See the end of my post.

No way The Penguin isn't gonna come back and tear the city a new one.

>Call me what you will
Fag.

Funny, because actually, I am a fag

>women

fag

I agree, but I do hope that other villains get time to shine as Nygma is turning out to be one of the best actors on the show.

Not-fag

>ms peabody not a women

yeah, she needs to come back and cuckquean Cat with Bruce

kek

The thing I love about Gotham is that it's stupid, it knows its stupid and it has fun with it.
>Dat Villain Home Depot with bombs and bear traps on shelfs to purchase
>fucking Balloon man, a vigilante that straps his victims to a big balloon and let them float up into the sky
>People being brought back from the dead and Harvey says "Does nobody stay dead in Gothamâ„¢!?
It's so stupid, its so goofy just like the Adam West Batman series BUT it's just way more violent. It has that perfect balance. Other than Jada Pinkett Smith doing this Eartha Kitt shit, everyone is great. Also the lighting itself deserves an award.

You mean just like she cucked her ex husband for Ben Mckenzie irl?

This. Its a live action Saturday morning cartoon and it's just so great.

yeah the lighting and set design is fantastic for a tv show

this desu

they do have a knack for giving life to comic frames

how old are these women? just wondering since there was a huge discussion about age yesterday here..

>these women

These women are fatNatalie Alyn Lind, 15/16.

PHATNAT!!!!!!

she is 14 in first pic and 16 in second

Old enough

>fatnat shitposting

"fatnat" isn't a thing you fucking cunts

You have a point with ms peabody but the other two? Are you a faggot?

>"fatnat" isn't a thing you fucking cunts
sure bro

Seems like it is faggarino.

you sure showed me

You got shown mister :)

how does Tyler Shields keep getting away with it?

he should stick to photography the movie he directed was fucking shit tier.

:)

compare this

to this

Muh dick

>liking a retard faced 10 year old and a butterface nigger (not even talking about bridgit after getting KFC'd)

bump

We all agre that she is our /aylmao/?
Also dat ass m8s

From the commercials at the end of the last episode, looks like theyre setting up nygma for a big arc.

I also thoughts Barbara was going to turn out to be harley Quinn when she was more crazy.

in s4 bruce needs to start sneaking out of the house and fighting thugs. he gets injured when he falls down the hole in the woods and sees the bats. gordon takes over until the final episode then.

penguin will probably be saved by fish and strange and end up with a deeper voice, a little overweight and coughing up black ooze slime like the burton movie.

how can you have such shit taste? watch his scene at the end of the last ep.

literally the definitive Catwoman. too bad the rest of the show is fucking garbage