People I know are saying Nigel Farage is a populist who made populist promises that he can't keep...

People I know are saying Nigel Farage is a populist who made populist promises that he can't keep, like the 350 million pound that'll be free directly and that he'll put it all in healthcare.

How do I respond to this argument?

He NEVER said it.

Why are you trying to defend nigel farage?

>"muh 350mil" NHS

is this a meme now?

You sure?

JESUS FUCK NIGEL FARAGE ISN'T THE SUPREME RULER OF THE UNIVERSE HE CAN'T JUST DECIDE WHERE ALL THE MONEY GOES

IT WAS A FUCKING SUGGESTION

HE SUGGESTED THAT THE MONEY COULD BE SPENT ON THE NHS

HE NEVER HAD ANY POWER TO PROMISE WHERE IT WOULD GO

THAT'S NOT UNDER HIS CONTROL

HE'S NOT THE PRIME MINISTER AND EVEN IF HE WAS HE WOULDN'T JUST GET TO DICTATE THE BUDGET

FUCK

YES I MAD

unfortunately he did, some footage of him on sky news surfaced last week

100% sure.

The official Leave campaign used it as rhetoric . . .. NOT a promise.

Nigel wasn't part of that campaign but he is being blamed for saying it.

He said that all the money UK pays to Brussels could be used for many other things and he also gave the NHS as an >example

Say that he never actually said that, that it was a misquote of something the official brexit campaign said and had nothing to do with him.

>B-but the BUS!

The bus said, basically:

>Look, honey, we spend thousands every year on this damn cottage even though we can barely get by each month; we should sell the car so we can afford to buy the kids a couple of presents at Christmas time

The kids overheard this and, being idiot kids, think this means they're now getting a few extra thousand dollars worth of Christmas presents every year.

The 350m isn't even that important though. That's a bonus, the immigration controls and sovereignty of Parliament are much more important.

Find it . .. . . Or I call BULLSHIT!

He NEVER liked the £350 pw week meme and always used £34 Million per day.

Farage didn't say the 350mil bit. Farage was locked out of the official campaign.

I told him this.

He's now saying that the media brainwashed people into voting leave, what the fuck guys.

Just fuck off you stupid dutch cuck, most brexiters diddnt give a solitary fuck about the 350mil.
They wanted brexit to protect democracy and sovereignty and stop the fucking wigs shitting up our country.

>like the 350 million pound that'll be free directly
He wasn't even part of the campaign that said that...

Oh please.

That nack padling.

Implications used to gain votes.
How fucking retardet can the english be?

"That's politics, baby."

You're talking to people who lie constantly, OP. You don't owe them truth and you don't need to hold yourself to a higher standard when engaging with them.

>How fucking retardet can the english be?
Not as retarded as you lot - obviously, enjoy digging deep in your pockets when Albania, Macedonia or Turkey join . .. . . . . .or even poor as fuck Scotland.

Enjoy Sunni Islam.

Why are Neo-Germans even on this board. This board allows for expression far beyond what's legal in your country.

Go wash some sandnigger feet, bitch.

What have I done to deserve that response, I was rooting for leave all along.

Clearly sounds like someone not worth the time.

You will not find a successful politician who has not made promises he cannot keep. If you want to win, you have to lie, similarly how remainers were scaremongering with economic suicide, loss of influence etc.

He never said this, the Trojan Horse, BoJo did.

Obviously losers are going to think the winning side is "brainwashed". That's not an argument.

Farage promised nothing and was not even put in a position to do shit.

He's not PM
He's not even an MP
He's some bloke who wanted out and got it

If they want him to "make good" they can finagle him in as PM... somehow...

other than that piss off ye ruddy wankers

That footage was of him claiming the money could go to the NHS.
The money being the net 10 billion a year.
He NEVER once claimed we could get back 350 million a week. Not once.

Whenever a politician mentions something is "possible" or that you "could" do something you should always assume that it will stay a hypothetical.

If you honestly fall for that rhetoric in 2016 then the joke's on you.

Besides, did Nigel ever say that? I thought it was the leave campaign, whatever that includes.

He isn't a position of power to decide how money is spent.

The question was "Can you guarantee £350million will go to NHS a week"

He said he can't guarantee it because he has zero fucking control on how the money is spent.

He simply said that is money that COULD be spent on NHS. Its billions of pounds not going into the EU that could be spent elsewhere. Its up to whatever governments in charge to allocate where the money goes.

Its impossible for Farage to guarantee something he has literally no control over

> vote leave had the 350M on the bus
> farage had leave.eu
> tell them to fuck off

He's persuasive but a comparison figure suggestion is not an election promise (this is a referendum), nor is a person the entirety of a campaign or responsible for the actions of its worst followers.

Farage is a quitter and a faggot. Instead of helping us in rebuilding europe and took it away from Angela-Tier faggots he campaigned to exit from the UE.
Now he regretted the decision as UK really needs UE, but not this kind of UE.

I don't understand the 350 million pound thing.

Firstly, I've never heard of it. Ever. At all.

Secondly, its retarded just looking at it. 350 million a week? That's £18 billion. We didn't pay that much into the EU.

Misrepresentation

Remind them about Project Fear.

Then how they used Jo Cox MPs death as a political football to tarnish Brexiters

Tell them about George Osborne's Punishment budget

Talk about Dave's warnings of WW3 if we left the EU

or about anyone who was voting leave must be a racist nazi xenophobe

Why wouldnt they find 350 million for healthcare? That sum is nothing compared to the UK health care expenses.

>tying your economy into the euro isn't bad guys!

>FUCK YOU UK YOU'RE DESTROYING OUR ECONOMY BY FUCKING WITH THE EURO

it wasnt farages bus (it was boris johnsons)
it was merely a suggestion 'lets'
farage didnt write it

This

Answer with your fist. Viva la britannia.

He is a retarded populist though. Your best way to sway remainers is to point at the problems of globalism, anti large government stuff or talk about optimism about britain growing if it isn't fettered by EU.

You can't actually defend Nigel or a lot of the brexit stuff as it's obviously founded in lies but if you twist the argument a bit you can come of as sensible.

Incredible summary of the wording, truly showing your expertise in the English language. Pic related.

Nigel confirmed for stealing Christmas.

The claim was that amount was sent to the EU a week.

Remind him that the BBC, Economist, Guradian, and NYT, ran daily articles advocating remain, and that 99% of the political and banking elite were pro remain. Plus all this

"The 350 million pound thing was not Nigel and UKIP, it was something done by the Tory leave campaign"

god damn his face is so fucking expressive i just wanna high-5 the guy and hear a story about the lads in the pub last week

Obviously if you suddenly have 350M to spend, you won't spend it all in one place. Some of it will go toward the NHS, not all if it, duh.

>The bus said, basically (not what the bus said)

You even made it longer than the actual sign on the bus, why rephrase it at all?
They had a political slogan that some people took literally, and it can't be accomplished literally. Like Trump's wall, however many meters tall, our of concrete and so on, despite the border terrain and ownership not allowing for any such thing.
It was stupid people bait, the stupid people bit, and now they have to be handles. Business as usual. Its not a big deal, I don't know why people make it out to be.

Said both of these and they just went silent and kept repeating how I'm a "populist voting nationalist" and that I'm "everything wrong with Europe today" and that I'm partly to blame for the rise of racism against minorities thanks to brexit.

I kind of shrugged it off and ended the argument, thanks Sup Forums, I take this argument as a victory.

who cares

the UK is free, just like Norway, Iceland, the Swiss and many other countries

>I'm partly to blame for the rise of racism against minorities
Anyone that isn't a racist doesn't deserve to be treated as a person.

lol no, the media brainwashed people into voting REMAIN. If the media had not been brainwashing then it would have been literally 80-20 in LEAVEs favour.

GUYS

NIGEL FARAGE SAID 10 TRILLION QUID WOULD BE GIVEN TO EVERY SINGLE PERSON AFTER BREXIT

NIGEL FARAGE SAID THAT IMMIGRATION WOULD FALL TO NET MINUS 50 SQUINTILLION

IT HASN'T
THEREFORE HE LIED
THEREFORE WE NEED A 2ND REFERENDUM

TRUST ME, I AM A REMAIN VOTER.

>he wasn't part of the campaign that suggested it
>he's not an MP
>he's not chancellor
>he has no control over the UK budget
>even vote leave never pledged it, it was a suggestion
>When nige said it, he said "here's what I'd do" - until he is chancellor or an MP that will remain a suggestion and not a promise

He did not make any promises.

People need to understand that Nigel Farage is not the chancellor, nor any other part of government.

>anything democratic is now populist
Liberals, every fucking time.

They are right.

Populists use half-truths to rile up disaffected electorate, then win.

Then they fuck up and pave the way for the next populist 20 years later.

Its the cycle of populist leaders. 20 year pauses between idiocy.

Our populist idiot was Erdogan, USA's is Trump (and Bush), Britain's is Farage and Boris.

Accept that mankind are half idiots and move on.

Remind them of how stupid they are to believe that Nigel Farage could ever have upheld those promises and that he never made those promises in the first place. Point out that Leave voters don't feel like they were lied to by campaigners on the matter, only that Remain voters insist we should be upset about something we were never stupid enough to believe in the first place. Notice how none of these people are asking politicians to make this a possibility (which if the UK did wholesale would be much easier). Instead they are just shitposting leave voters, and pushing for a Norway deal that will leave us no better off and flush the £350 mil down the drain. Fucking morons have no interest in helping the country and its people; their only concern is virtue signalling and I-told-you-sos.

>populist
this is a bad thing
heaven forbid that elected representatives should actually promote policies that their constituents like

This is what happens when you buy an emotion instead of an actual argument. Oh well, maybe you guys can find another Populist faggot with a stupid face to follow.

It was a suggestion, with the theme being that the money could be spent on the UK govt entities instead of EU member states. In other words they're trying to say that the money could be spent inside the country, not outside with the NHS merely being an example of this. It could be spent on roads, education, sport..who knows. NHS was just used as a reference. Also, farage doesn't have a say in the running of the country - he's not even an MP (although I'm still questioning the Thanet result)

He Never said they'd put ALL of it into healthcare.

Stop shilling for the gibmedats you fucktard toothpaste

I don't agree with them Ameribro, but it's good to know you put me in your mouth every day.