#OscarsSoMale

>A Women's Media Center analysis finds that women constituted only 20 percent of the nonacting nominations (37 out of 152 nominees). Women's best category? Documentary shorts, with 50 percent of the nominees.
hollywoodreporter.com/news/oscarssomale-lack-female-nominees-highlights-industry-problem-971057

thoughts?

Other urls found in this thread:

economist.com/blogs/prospero/2016/01/film-and-race
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Act better.

wanna bet how 20% is more than the percentage of women in movies' crews?

sexist pig, you should read that is not about acting

It's not men's fault(specfically white men) that they're much better at writing, acting, and directing than women

female actors were a mistake

All of these holywood kikes belong in the ovens!

Be better than the men.

Then you won't have this problem.

Male actors can make or break a movie.

female actors are just eye candy.

do they deserve the nominations or is this just affirmative action?

Twitter is the worst invention of the last 1000 years.

They realized that the #OscarsSoWhite movement actually worked (at least for this year), so they're trying to make lightning strike twice.

For fuck's sake, they're never satisfied, are they ?

This systemic misandry is very problematic

Agreed

You're only just realising this now?

Will we ever have #OscarsSoGoy?

>Sup Forums claims the Oscars are controlled by jews
>But there were a lot of white male nominees all the years (except this one)
how do you faggots explain that?

Next year only actors who are black, female, transgender lesbians who are also midgets and disabled should be allowed to be put forward for awards.

Then we'll finally have equality.

Remember how Sup Forums was pro #OscarsSoWhite because they thought that disagreeing with SJWs meant that you are as bad as them?

Let me guess next it'll be #oscars so straight

Honestly what has Twitter contributed in the grand scheme of things? It didn't pioneer social media, that already existed and was huge. All it did was pigeonhole people's thoughts into 140 characters or less, and create a bunch of "hashtag warriors". There's never been a point where I've been like
>boy, I'm sure glad we have Twitter, it really helped out in this situation!
It's always a detriment.

coming next year

#OscarsSoCis

They're literally devaluing the Oscars by doing this. How long until it becomes pic related?

not kidding
that will literally happen if #OscarsSoMale is a success

I'd be down with that if it leads to some gaykino. Except if they just play it safe and shove young quirky brightly colored lesbians everywhere.

Some people just are never satisfied

>image search
>top results are all reddit

You have to go back

#OscarsSoAbleist
#OscarsSoThin

>the slippery slope doesn't exist they said

#OscarsSoJewish

That pic is old as fuck you underage cunt.

What the fuck?

i don't get it
what's the percentage of jews in the US, 2%?

#OscarSoBane

Can we get this trending

Yupp, 2.2%.

no fucking way

>GOLDED

we can really make #OscarsSoJewish happen

Isn't it still losing money?
Maybe it'll just disappear.

Nah, twitter's here to stay

Pretty sure this is fake

Maybe they should split it into Mens' Oscars and Womens' Oscars

This. Objectively, no female author would even make the list of top 10,000 authors of all time. They just don't cut it at the extreme high end.

that's probably true but not because of the technology or idea behind it. having it be run by (((liberals))) and open for all retards with cellphones to use is what ruined it

Public Internet in general was a huge mistake.

prove it

white males btfo

Not just that. Direct better. Direct MORE
If 20% of all the animated features is made by females, wouldn't it only be fair that 20% of the nominees are female?

Piss, Love & Jewnity

Naomi Kawase is GOAT and Babadook was actually pretty cool. What else? Cameron's wife doesn't count because she already got recognition on Hollywood

Saoirse Ronan is usually a safe bet

Every fucking time

REMINDER

When did this shit start and when, if ever, do you think it's going to end

They wouldn't allow it

I'm seriously struggling to think of a single noteworthy female director. Like I know good female writers but like legitmately no female directors. Is it just an inherently masculine job with the assertiveness or what not?

>#OscarsSoRich
>Too many rich people at the Oscars highlight industry poorphobia

>#OscarsSoJewish
>Lack of Non-Jewish whites highlight how Hitler was right all along

>#OscarsSoBoring
>#OscarsSoIrrelevant

Hey fuck you buddy Kingsolver is good

C'MON COLLEGE BOY

>books you buy at that one weird section in the grocery store by the greeting cards

American Psycho?
Decline of Western Civiization 2?

grotesquely amusing if true

#OscarsSoNepotism

The chick who did Zero Dark Thirty

Not as long as saudi princes and other "progressives" can continue to bankroll it to keep spreading their message.

She's right, you know.

oscarssojewish

She's right and I say this as a white person, but funny how it's "instutional racism" for why blacks aren't talented enough to be award winning actors and directors or even going beyond that and that it's the fault of "racism" for why blacks commit over 50% of crime while only making 13% of the population

nobody says she is not

the point is that "run faster" is a valid answer
but for black people, "act better" is not a valid answer, that's why #OscarsSoWhite is a thing

>Ursula Le Guin.

There are physical differences that make blacks better at running, and everyone's fine with that

But when there are mental differences that make whites more intelligent and therefore successful it's a "problem" to be rectified

Newfag pls go

That was bascially his point you dumbnuts.
Oh my god how can american be so dumb they can't even link two sentences with the exact same structure ?
Here i'll highlight it for you
Act --> Run Better --> Faster

>Blacks are naturally faster therefore get chosen
>Blacks score lower on IQ tests, need a bunch of special privileges just to compete with other races in school or businesses
>dah white man is keeping me back, weza all equal in everything

i better see a women in the best actor field next year!

i get what they mean

At some point, we're just gonna have to give women and blacks token nominations, but then they'd bitch about that too.

Literally 1 google search to prove this is shooped
economist.com/blogs/prospero/2016/01/film-and-race

Not to say that, if they included that demographic, it wouldn't look that way

>point flies right over her head

Thanks for arguing their point for them, nigger. I look forward to the day when your MCAT scores are weighted the same as everyone elses.

Did they ever think that maybe not as many women are interested in doing behind-the-scenes film work and if they do they might not be as good as the men?

just took out the jews
you know jews are 2% of america
and you know hollywood is full of jews, you don't need to google that

God I love this shit. Forever attempting to appease them.

>when they nominate more women and have to change it to #OscarsSoStraight

Hollywood's one of the most liberal establishments on the planet. If they want to apply affirmative action, so some male jew gets shafted, then wgaf desu. If affirmative action negatively affects their profits then it's their loss.

>The left embraces gender fluidity
>A bunch of men get nominated for best actress
>Left can't complain or they'll be eaten alive by their own monster

Oy vey the goyim know!

Social media itself has been good and bad, but Twitter in particular just lowers the general IQ of the public

Very thing is shortened, abbreviated, etc. People misspell intentionally and just use sweeping generalizations because they can't go into any detail. And hashtags are the absolute worst part of Twitter. Ideas are reduced to shitty and stupid mantras, repeatable phrases that are thrown around like monkeys flinging poo

I fucking loathe Twitter

At what point will people realize there's no pleasing these people?
>Oscars in 2050
>"A male directed movie is nominated for an Oscar? We thought we'd moved past this"

ok Sup Forums, be realistic
will this work like #OscarSoWhite did?

>who is Harper Lee

Assuming gender.

nice bait

This is what happens when limousine liberals and Hollywood suits who pander to the left wing deal with current trends. And what's worse is that they are desperately seeking the international market (primarily China) and Asians do NOT like anyone who isn't cisgender straight whites. They don't even like seeing other Asians because they're so used to it.

So we have here a perfect shitstorm brewing. Hollywood has to bend over and appease the loud-mouthed vocal minority yet it wants to bank mega-bucks. If they produce SJW-friendly casts of intersex mulatto vegan atheists, nobody in the world would want to watch it. And meanwhile, if they do typical casting choices that they've done for decades, it'll make profits but piss off their liberal legions.

The most likely effect of all this? They'll pander just enough to them by throwing them a few bones and hope it keeps them quiet. These will be films that they won't be counting as blockbusters, but as art pieces.

>wouldn't it only be fair that 20% of the nominees are female?
uh no?

People will always find something to bitch about.

Only in the last 20 years. The fucking Internet gave these loons a platform and now everyone could raise a hissy fit.