NFL ratings down 7.5 percent through Week 6

espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/21056998/nfl-ratings-75-percent-week-6-2017-compared-2016

EVEN THE LIBERAL MEDIA IS ADMITTING THAT KNEELING IS CANCEROUS TO THE LEAGUE

RIP KRAPPERDICK

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=b8JUAYHRK3k
reuters.com/article/us-usa-congress-cyber-russia/senator-says-russian-internet-trolls-stoked-nfl-debate-idUSKCN1C237J
youtube.com/watch?v=rd0AdArPjqU
youtu.be/vWxMCLHXkVc
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Fuck Trump, fuck your anthem, fuck your league, and FUCK WHITE PEOPLE.

begging you to lower your estrogen and hit the eeights

It's up since Drumpf called for a boycott though

pls I liek foot ball no end the nfl foot ball league

They literally compare Week 6 2017 to Week 6 2016 and it's lower. Reading would be your friend tumblrina

More like every other QB is injured and a lot of star/key players are injured as well.

Nobody wants to watch their team suck that's why they don't watch, not some dumb anthem

based Trump

>Trump cuts a deal with the NFL
>Tells people not to watch NFL
>Liberals get butthurt and watch it out of spite
>Trump gets a cut of the profits
Everybody wins

I don't think you could've had a worst understanding of this entire situation and the respective parties within it if you tried.

I think it’s all the flags and pussification 2bh. What made the game popular was how brutal it was. It wasn’t so bad at its height in the 90’s and 00’s because the players were smaller, but they’re too big and fast now to allow those hits - on top of what we know about CTE.

O-lines are much worse now too because they can’t practice full on in the offseason any more. Just a lesser product.

The O-lines would be the same even if they could practice like before. The thing about how big and fast the players are getting now is correct but it's affecting the league in a way no one is willing to say. In 5 years most defenses will be too athletic for 95% of offensive linemen.

>you lived long enough to see the nfl become a sjw shitfest
Feels weird

How any of you can watch whole games of this stop start bullshit """"""""""""sport"""""""""""" is beyond me

All the players being uppity niggers as well as all the ad cancer

I have to disagree only based on what I’ve read from a lot of different coaches, but maybe it’s just a meme

insulting all the white people who pay your salaries and calling them racist probably wasn't a good idea

Remember when the NFL was actually fun to watch?

I watch only CFB, NHL and MLB now. Best decision I ever made, NFL sucks cock anyway.

58 looks maybe 210 pounds, probably wasn’t very fast and the QB is well under 200.

They need to bring back helmet to helmet hitting again.

Full contact, no fucking bullshit

youtube.com/watch?v=b8JUAYHRK3k

what's trump's endgame here? pls don't tell me it's because of some grudge dating back to the 80s? he's not that vengeful, r-right?
>*frantically checking whether my country ever insulted him...*

>mfw NBA ratings increase by the same percentage

the evolution of this poor bastard is truly shocking

So?

>i-it was her turn
reminder this is now considered normal and desirable

People like him are why are believe that pharmaceutical companies are behind the mass "refugee" crisis in Europe to spread AIDS from Africa and then sell AIDS medication to everybody.

*why I believe

Maybe it's because all the teams are garbage and half the elite players are done for the season because it's impossible to play a game without permakilling half your squad.

Docs leaked saying it would be a multi-multi-trillion dollar industry. Jews man.

>11 (Eleven) minutes

reuters.com/article/us-usa-congress-cyber-russia/senator-says-russian-internet-trolls-stoked-nfl-debate-idUSKCN1C237J

Honestly this.

vote with your wallets

Stupid Americans.

You don't know the President very well.
youtube.com/watch?v=rd0AdArPjqU

Why does the NFL measure attendance by tickets sold and not turnstile clicks?

It's laughable to suggest the Rams are getting 80k+ when there's 55,000 empty seats at the coliseum.

>current year
>watching national anthem nigger kneel

NFL ratings have been spiraling down for several years.

But naturally Trump and his legion of Trump-bots will take credit for it.

>reeeeeeeeeeee

Because its about making money, not providing a product compelling enough to watch in person. They give zero fucks who shows up in the stands as long as it paid for.

NFL has gone past the tipping point this year, Declines will accelerate, as it is now more uncool to be a fan of it than not.

Going to be talks of selling teams in the next couple years, if not this off season, as owners try to get out while the getting is good and there is a willing rube to buy their broken product.

Do this today and you getting kicked the fuck out of the NFL

People still like the NFL it's just too fucking expensive. Tickets are expensive, merch is expensive. They are also super conservative. If you are a player and you accidentally show you are having fun you get a flag. Also players can't wear any unique gear.

Not to mention, their services to stream/watch on demand are insanely expensive.

ay yo hilldawg

>Players and owners met Tuesday in New York to discuss how best to deal with their public platform
>and work together to support the fight against social injustice.
>The meeting led to further conversation on the matter but no immediate resolution.
lmao they are only going to make it worse

oh yeah, there is no way out for them. They cannot possibly find a middle ground that will please their idiot players and the critically significant portion of their fanbase this matters to. And this is just the kneeling thing, not all the other SJW bullshit, ads or game play issues.

Lots of cultural damns have overflowed/broken this year. NFL is one of them. All being flushed down the river now.

>Sup Forumsturds are cheering while Trump destroyed America's favorite "sport"
Lel

>Games are taking longer and longer
>All passing plays either result in a penalty or players & coaches screaming how there should have been a penalty
>More TV timeouts and commercials than ever
>30% of plays go under review
>Quality of game is solely dependent on quality of QBs
>If QBs are good passers, the game is garbage
>5 injury timeouts a game
>On top of all of that, liberal politics are shoved down my throat by millionaire athletes and sports anchors/analysts
I still watch my team every week but sitting down and watching all day on Sundays like I always did growing up are long gone.

The average game is almost 4 hours and there's just too many things I could be doing. Maybe I'm just growing up and have more responsibility than used to but the product isn't as good as it used to be and this kneeling charade is just another huge blow to a sinking ship

The day of the plank is near, Drumpfkins.

I love this line
>and work together to support the fight against social injustice.
I would love for a reporter to investigate how much does each nfl player give to charities or do social work on their own, I get the feeling most of them do absolutely nothing unless forced by their teams/nfl

That's supposed to be fun to watch? Watching Rodgers and Dak is more entertaining than anything NFL ever did.

t. Fantasy football nu-male

>Watching the NFL is more entertaining than anything NFL ever did

It's a meme because no one is ready for football to have to go back 65 years in playing style because defenses will be way too fast for the linemen.

Don't ratings always drop during midseason and then pick back up during the playoffs? I don't understand why everyone is watching these ratings week to week in the digital age over games that don't matter this season in the long run.
Neither side can tell if shit has really hit the fan until playoffs/superbowl. This is like claiming MLB is dead because ratings on the midseason clusterfuck shows drops. Call me when the world series is showing magnitude drops in attendance or viewership.

Do you know what COMPARED TO 2016 means, dumbass?

Even then, Quispe, blaming the kneeling is a stretch. Almost every TV show is having lower ratings in the US than the previous year.

it's year-over-year ratings, you fucking moron

How retarded are you? Cinemas also sell less tickets, television shows get less rating, etc

Internet is killing the traditional media, it has nothing to do with kneeling. Trump supporters are unironically braindead

Ratings were falling in 2015-2016 LONG before Trump.
This year a lot of stars are already out for the season with injury, and one entire team (Giants) is already finished.

Only natural. But of course Trump will tell you it's him. lol

CTE. Shortened life spans and dramatically decreased quality-of-life in the fewer remaining years so we can be entertained. Nice.

ain't it super shoking how nuts look so much like brains? i mean like woah what a crazy coincidence, totally mind blow

Can my nuts get CTE? Or you mean brain is like walnut?

I wonder if the Sup Forumsedditor OP can name the last 5 Owl MVPs without Googling. Fuck off to your containment board.

IGNORE KNEELING THREADS

in the leaf's defense how about dak and zeke were the most entertaining thing in recent memory and that the NFL would go on some sjw witchhunt against zeke is proof that the NFL deserves everything that it gets...let the brand kill itself

Right...because kneeling and Trump are the NFL's only problems...not the TSA-style security, not the cost, not the tax-exemption nonsense that should be reevaluated desu, not the sjw pandering, not the CTE and other brain injuries, not the stupid witch hunts against players for allegations vs concrete facts, etc. Let the NFL burn.

Trump was too much of a jew to pay for an NFL team and helped start a promising league that challenged the NFL and played in the off-season that was somewhat popular in the 80s. That failed because trump wanted to autistically move the league in the fall and failed a lawsuit against the NFL over being a "monopoly".
youtu.be/vWxMCLHXkVc

He actually succeeded in the law suit, the courts just awarded him no money.

>kneeling isn't the only problem
Of course it isn't. It's just that shills like you only gave a shit about it since daddy trump said stupid shit. The leagues ratings have been declining for years but it's all of a sudden being discussed now because you faggots can't keep in your containment board and have to be a keyboard warriors for some retard in office.

>SJW pandering!!11!!11!1
Fuck off to 8gag.

this
literal autists cheering as they burn their own culture with no replacement

>corporate bread and circus
>culture

Pick one

>their services to stream
They actually don't have a service to stream like mlb

They use 2 third party services and theyre both only redzone

Meanwhile, Trump's wealth has dropped by $600,000,000. He sure showed them.

the endgame is that he wants players to stand for the national anthem.

why doesnt the DOD just start paying the NFL again? thats the only reason the anthem even became a spectacle rather than something admirable.

Relegation to /asp/ when?

>Caring about TV ratings

American sports are fucking cancer. Seriously why would you even be bothered

> Because America doesn't like any other sports
> What is baseball, basketball, hockey and boxing?

Lmao they just don't get it

We are witnessing the fall of hand egg, this political shit is bringing down ratings and much more parents and athletes in general are much more weary of the negative effects of the sport, the greatest of which being CTE. 50 years from now I wouldnt be surprised if the NFL goes down to being the 5th most watched sport in america

>Non-stop commercials
>Flags on every big play
>"Helmet-to-Helmet", "Targeting", "Defenseless-Player" and other stupid rules ruining the physicality of the league.
>Thursday night shit-shows
>Ultra-conservative playcalling

I don't give a fuck about some niggers kneeling or muh america. I'm just tired of seeing shitty football every week.

unlike Britbongistan, television is dependent upon advertising revenue to be profitable, in a market space that has razor-thin margins.

A 10% drop in ratings is more than enough to make a TV program unprofitable

dumb frogposter

Soccer is a much older and knows how to do it better. The teams and league all take much more money from sponsorships (e.g. sponsors on game shirts) and thus ad revenue is depended on as much. The average soccer broadcast is 120 mins with around 95 mins of actual gameplay then maybe 15mins for analysts and pregame and postgame scenes leaving only 10 mins or sometimes less for adds. Comebare this to hand egg which the game stops every minute for more adds.

*ad revenue isnt

they compared other weeks too and they were up, although I wouldn't expect you to know something like that

So liberals get to watch football, while snowflakes get butt-hurt and don't get any football. Hmm....

do you Anti Trumpers honestly think you can win this war?

fuck that dindu tackling bullshit. made the game for innercity punks

I don't know much about the ''''sport'''' but I once watched a game and it was fucked, ad breaks every two seconds, time outs, barely any action and the rules were retarded.

The anthem thing is stupid, but I agree with the president desu, you should honour your own country, especially when people died to allow you to live and become rich and famous by working such a stupid ''''''job'''''.
Also BLM is off their nut, it's just more divide and conquer bullshit from big banks.

Let it die

Perfectly legal hit, even by today's rules.

>CTE
meme

>digital age

>I don't give a fuck about some niggers kneeling or muh america.
pussy ass bitch

>running for 5 seconds and then getting a 2 minute ad break is considered a sport in America

not stopping for 45 seconds after every play is considered an effective strategy

flopping when another player brushes against you is considered a sport in yurop

I am serious here. Just look at baseball, another sport where you hardly run or actually physically exert yourself

Cause they aded streamings dumbasses

This, why spend 200+ a ticket for a game I can watch on tv. Atleast tickets for baseball and basketball are reasonable enough to to catch a game when you fell like going

based Trump