MAYBE there's hope for the next season

MAYBE there's hope for the next season

ew.com/tv/2017/02/02/south-park-trump/

Other urls found in this thread:

washingtontimes.com/news/2017/jan/26/hillary-clinton-received-800000-votes-from-nonciti/
fs.wp.odu.edu/jrichman/2017/01/27/i-do-not-support-the-washington-times-piece/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

what? is your bull trump inmune to criticism?

fucking cuck

>how can they mock someone I really like

Gas yourself my man

I'm glad, so fucking sick of hearing about him

they need to pretend s20 never happened

wow it's like they fucked up and let personal messages get in front of actual funny content.

wow

I wonder how soon it will be until they start calling Matt and Trey Nazi supporters over this.

>soros funding corporate media to turn the population against Trump
>it's was merely a joke

All presidents get made fun of on comedy shows but too many "comedy" shows are just dedicated to cutting Trump down these days. At this point it has all been done before and it's stale. South Park is really hit-or-miss but I give them credit for not going back to the well on this one.

>turn the population against trump
>when he already lost by 3 millions votes

now cite how those votes were from illegals, follow your script, dumb sheep

Trump is funnier than they are.

>implying Commiefornia matters
It's literally a net drain on the US. All the garbage in the US congregate there in one big pile.

What can you say that hasn't already been said this past year?
>Look at that hair
>HE'S AN ORANGE
>I can't believe he got in, how did this happen?
>No seriously guys HOW?
>When do we wake up from the dream?
>GRAB HER BY THE PUSSY!
Its just tiring at this point.

That's the problem I had during the campaign. The raw footage of Trump at his rallies was funnier than anything in late night. The hosts would play clips and add humorless commentary. The audience would laugh at the clips and then clap at the commentary.

They need to drop member berries too, more unfunny than towelie

>california
>net drain on the US
holy fuck you're stupid

isn't it because they said they don't like making jokes about the president because it's too easy, or something?

>62.9 million trump supporters with guns
>65.8 million skinny hillary supporters
>it's okay to pit the population against each other
move the goal posts again city boy

Does Trey Parker still write this shit?

Yes.

t. asshurt commiefornian

Thats probably one of the reasons.
Also making jokes about stuff 99% of the latenight shows ranted about for weeks already is stale as shit.

This.

Same thing with Team America totally ignoring George Bush. Literally EVERYONE was already making fun of him (including That's My Bush which they produced).

Liberals at the time fucking hated that too.

They didn't rag on other presidents all that much. One or two episodes where they actually show up in 8 years as opposed to a whole season devoted to the election is a pretty jarring difference.

Agreed. I like to hope they were building to something that got fucked up cuz Trump won instead......but that's just wishful thinking.

In reality I think they were just too busy with Book of Mormon to think up anything good.

Because it was honestly boring. The only time I laughed was stank face. Fucking childish physical humor was the best they had that entire season. They need to go back to having different adventures and topics every episode.

So I guess they're gonna completely drop the memberberries plotline? If so that's such a waste.
They should've ended the arc in season 20.

washingtontimes.com/news/2017/jan/26/hillary-clinton-received-800000-votes-from-nonciti/

>If so that's such a waste.
Nahhhhhhhh

They hardly mocked Trump. Using Garrison as a proxy to imply shit about Trump was a chicken-shit move on their behalf. It wouldn't have been much better if they had actually used Trump though, because their ideas in the past couple seasons have been absolute trash.

they aren't backing off of mocking him. they said in a interview the other day they don't need to mock him. he does a fine job himself.

they'll still use a continuous plot

I really hope that the last episode title implied that they wouldn't anymore

Good on Matt and Trey for trying not to beat a dead horse like the last two seasons.

I still don't think they can really go anywhere else with the series at this point but it's nice seeing them not follow the line of every other show out there (same for them not spending Bush and Obama's presidencies doing the same thing).

Mr. Garrison as Trump was probably the best part of the season, memorable moments were "stank face", the episode where he went around forcing people to suck his cock, the one where he insults women and then asks the audience "oh, is that where you draw the line? Gee, I'm sorry",

Generic "he's a redneck (especially early iterations of the persona; sorry not sorry)", "he's trying to lose", fell flat

Wow so he lost in California and won every other state. Maybe you hollyfaggots can secede and you can have your refugee infested utopia. Your wife's son will love it

??
all their stupid fucking jokes fell flat because
a: Trump won
b: Trump is going to be a fantastic success
c: Trump is going to win 2nd term
d: Turnip is going to make america great again

>read page
>some smart ass comment about not needing too because muh libshit reality bias.

This, his shitposting twitter account is a goldmine itself.
You can't just make a parody of something already great.

>there STILL wasn't a redoing of Hillary's collapse on 9/11 whilst a plane flies into a building in the background

Such a missed opportunity

In fact there were many missed opportunities with her

>again

They did some pretty good roasting on her back in the 2008 campaign and her evil snatch

This is nothing new, they don't tend to do too many episodes about presidents. I think Clinton, Bush, and Obama all got 1 or 2 each.

There was a brief period where it was great
from 1861 to 1865

Trumpfags can't handle bants.

That second debate when he invited Bill's rape victims was pure kinotograpgy, i was in fucking stitches

>commiefornia

But you people put a puppet commie empathizer in power. Seems like just the place for your kind

>ripping on one of the few states that actually contribute to the country's wealth

lul

>one of the few

California accounts for 1/10th of our population and 1/18th of our GDP. It's really nothing special, it's just big.

Maybe they realized the obvious : everytime the medias attacked Trump viciously, far from making him a pariah it actually fueled his campaign. Also it made him look like less of a bad guy since despite being constantly mean be was also on the receiving end of many more mean attacks.

I work at a gas station in the same state as most of the tech and film industry so I'm better than you.

>commie empathizer
wat

And when we secede we can do the world a favor and annex the south after we glass it

Didn't they make an episode saying that illegal immigrants are a problem that will fuck up America but the only people doing something about it are retards whining about how "they took our jewbs!!!!"

I think its more that they have noone in their lives who is a conservative

foreigners taking over a country isn't a problem to rich liberal celebrities

>people think people hate the past season for Trump hate
>not because it was an entire season of it
Overarching storylines/plots killed the last season. South Park is at its best when its RARE to get a double-triple parter. But a whole fucking season?

Why can't people realize that no one wants stinky brown around them, they are rude as fuck, smell like shit, look like shit, refuse to speak English, unless they need something, they talk shit about you in their derka derka language or yell at each other as loud as possible in their derka language. They contribute nothing to society except avoiding paying taxes and using that to run gas stations, and then they import more shitskins, and do the same over and over. black people > Mexicans > any Muslim/Arab

Texas will fuck you up bad

if i recall correctly, that's my bush was also sort of an example of this
purposefully doing political-sounding plots in a sitcom style that avoided any sort of message or moralizing

>he thinks California would be able to annex anything after taking away everybody's guns
Nevada would annex you guys in a heartbeat

>washingtontimes.com/news/2017/jan/26/hillary-clinton-received-800000-votes-from-nonciti/

whoops fs.wp.odu.edu/jrichman/2017/01/27/i-do-not-support-the-washington-times-piece/

non american here

not a good idea to annex your producer states

Christ, spend less time on infowars and Sup Forums you bitter shit. Literally try travelling once.

>he thinks infowars is racist

How fucking new are you?

Good, I can take a few Trump jokes here and there but what they did last season was lazy and distasteful even by South Park standards. I'm straight saying the jokes were bad, not that I was offended by them.

south park died near the end of the 00's anyway, there's been much more bad episodes than good ones since the mid 2000s

I really wish Matt and Trey would work on another project like Team America or Book of Mormon. South Park has just become a terrible and dated medium for them to do what they're good at

we should fund refugee shelters in middle class areas

>reddit babby takes the bait

Out.

>South Park creators are capable of keeping politics out of their show
>Sup Forums can't keep replying to the Sup Forums invaders

>Millions of people came and stay here illegally
>But they respect the right to vote. They'd never vote and not one cast a vote.

its not about "not wanting brown people around you" though thats certainly part of it

it's about having a fucking country, about having self-determination, about not having some marxists import shitskins to vote for them

>bitches about people not paying taxes
>votes for an asshole who doesn't pay taxes

Go to your local water park sometime and tell me again about how much you love having shitskins everywhere wearing full hijab. Humans are not equal, men and women are not equal, and the world is not a loving, warm place. I don't owe illegal immigrants or refugees shit, it's not my problem your country is a 3rd world shithole.

Trump jokes are literally the laziest, lowest hanging fruit a "comedian" could ever attempt.

?
did i fucking say that
if we were a white country that understood the meaning of nation-state these problems would be non-existant, because noone would have embraced shitskin migration in the first place

/thread

Mexico 2 won't do shit and will be put behind the wrong side of the wall

Makes sense. South Park pisses off everyone, and it usually tries something new here and there. Making fun of Trump would make them seem like followers and not original so props to them. I personally will continue enjoying the meme president continue to give others material to work with for years. 2 weeks and he's pissed off millions, alienated centrists, lied a bunch of times (coming off petty and butthurt), and surrounded himself with a conflict-of-interest administration.

>water park
No thanks, I'm not white trash.

My problem with Matt & Trey is they spent a whole season mocking PC culture, then when Trump came along & was a solution to that, they backtracked so fucking hard & basically told you to suck it up & vote Hilldawg

As a reminder, California is actually a net contributor of funds, unlike the leeching red states.

The Central Valley could occupy that desert by itself with little collateral

No, you're just trash, even worse.

Because they steal water from red states to fund their industries

lol this. Can we at least get garrison back or are they gunna really write him out as a teacher for the next 4 fucking years and leave him as president

Nope.

>producer states

We're sorry to say but the New Cal Republic will not be accepting inbred southern refugees.

Since that's all they can readily produce

Keep telling yourself that.

California only requires a drivers license to vote. They give drivers licenses to illegal aliens. You d have to be incredibly stupid to think illegals did not vote in mass

Indians are worse though. They're annoyingly cheap, have a goofy unintelligible accent, reek of curry, have eight children per family, don't bother to even slightly assimilate, treat anyone not Indian like shit.

Or they could just.. ya know.. eh.. make episodes that are NOT based on current events.

>2016
>not prepping the bull
ISHYGDDT

Hillary got less than 10 minutes of screentime while Garrison got hours. They did have a quick joke about her low rally attendance. And after Trump won, Hillary just evaporated. They had no idea what to do with her.

They called her a turd sandwich. Made her look like the soulless automaton that she is. Showed her to be a megabitch after the election.

>Coming up with original plots and situations instead of relying on pop culture references and current events.

Is this the 90s or something?

The previous season was shit and had no conclusion to the whole deal with the ads and sponsored content. Safe space musical wasnt funny, the actual execution of everything like Butters selecting and printing tweets just wasnt funny compared to Sarcastiball.

Aren't they basically saying there is nothing to really mock because the reality is far more absurd than anything they can make up?

I just wish they'd go back to writing one off episodes that aren't about current events.

This. They are the worst episodes since Matt & Trey stopped caring several seasons ago and came out with episodes that came out months too late and still missed the point like the Zimmerman episode which was about stand your ground when that was not Zimmerman's defense at the trial and had nothing to do with the verdict.

this desu

Sometime around season 8-10 the show just dropped the whole aspect of South Park being a town, with various minor characters, and become all about the main 4 (and Randy) interacting with various celebrities/current events. It's kind of funny in a way- they're trying to be as quick and relevant as possible and it ends up being a lot more stale than just some show about a small town filled with silly people.

Like, how many of these characters have said or done anything in the last decade?

This isn't your safe space polnigger.

That's not how economics works, trumpling.