youtube.com/watch?v=3WKN0XF8-3Q
youtube.com/watch?v=hac2rX_VMuY
youtube.com/watch?v=yZAY-78zhmw
youtube.com/watch?v=bRfoYB7BTxs
youtube.com/watch?v=tAXDziDL6O4
twitter.com/AnonBabble

reminder that the pyramids weren't built by either slaves or jews

then by who ?

Native Egyptians working under what is essentially a contract. Workers were treated quite well actually.

egyptian wage labor

NIGGA MY FIRST WAKING MOMENT WAS IN MY MA & DA'S ARMS WATCHING PINOCCHIO

Shit is subjective.

Zahi Hawass! What's up bro!?

Angry Birds was redpilled as fuck and I think it was quite good.

>about give reply about historical inaccurate depictions of Egyptian society
>click vid and remember how top tier Sup Forumsnimation and Sup Forumssic is

Wow they really made a fucking Angry Birds movie didn't they, god is dead

>implying this was the biggest children's movie in the late 90s.

Neither of those is true. Judaism didn't exist in the 26th century BC. And evidence points to workers being paid during the non agricultural seasons or corvée labor.

Based

youtube.com/watch?v=BRBQs_d7K4Q

iirc it was comparable to a GI Bill. Come do this relatively shitty/dangerous civil service and be compensated, with many doing it out of either desperation or a legitimate sense of duty.

>Judaism didn't exist in the 26th century BC
Well, I suppose you could say it did, but it'd be pretty unrecognizable to modern Jews. Not even necessarily monotheistic.

Rather them watch those things than this perversion of a classic tale that strips everything about God to turn it into a lol borther dispute! meme

Also The Ten Commandments will always be the superior version

This is a thread about television and film. If you'd like to discuss history or politics please do it elsewhere.

>expecting a Bible fanfiction to be historically accurate

>oy vey the children of today are watching "angry birds" instead of (((Prince of Egypt)))

RAMSES DID NOTHING WRONG

>that strips everything about God to turn it into a lol borther dispute! meme
Only way to make it palatable to a general audience. God is an asshole in the Old Testament.

Disney really needs to show Dumbo, Fantasia, Pinocchio & the others in kind.

BUCCO BUCCO BUCKS

Hipster stoners alone will pay the privilege to get masked & watch a GOAT in it's truest form.

>animekino

Why is all animation shit these days.

Fug this show is kino.

I took an animation class co-taught by someone who worked at Dreamworks when this was made. He said they brought a bunch of hardcore Jews in one day to kinda get their input, show them what they were doing and give them a feel for production. He made indirect reference to how the character nose shape was reflected in the final character design.

What makes you say that? There's no records of a Jewish people at that time, or a Jewish god in Egypt.
If neither the people or religion existed, how can we define Jews or Judaism during that time?

Because western animation is dead. It's all either anime crap, imitating anime crap, or stuff meant to sell toys.

I remember being 4 when my parents
showed me this film
one of my earliest memories

this scene scared the shit out of me

I had to look away

There is literally nothing wrong with Zootopia

Their ancestors existed in the Levant at that time along with a figure depicted on various artifacts that may have eventually become their current God, IIRC.

Samurai Jack will be back in March, does it count?

BY THE POWER OF RA

youtube.com/watch?v=hH5y71hOvk0

>mfw when the kid's chorus starts at 2:35

youtube.com/watch?v=75Kz6NkquHM

>hurr my childhood is better than their childhood
snap out of it

No.

When I was a kid watching this my thoughts during this scene just amounted to "Wow, the Egyptian Gods are way more interesting than jewish God"

waiting for someone to post that

one of my favorite parts

aliens, duh

It's just taking an old legend and turning it into a movie. Exodus is as much a cultural story for western civilization as it is a religious one. It's like Noah and the flood.

And if you're really that much of a religious conservative, it's a great way to get kids into that sort of thing.

This song kinda sucks to be honest. Visually its gorgeous though.

Yeah back in my day we watched Pokemon, Yu-Gi-Oh!, Digimon, Dragon Ball Z, and Arthur.

>Jew book
>Western Civilization

>Their ancestors existed in the Levant
Well everyone's ancestors existed. Therefore Americans existed back then too.

>a figure depicted on various artifacts that may have eventually become their current God
During the 26th century BC? If so you need to publish your findings.

Furthermore Islam shares the same god with Judaism, but we can't say Islam is a bronze age religion because of that.

If this movie came out today, some anons would be bitching about how Hollywood was trying to brainwash us to be pro-refugee

>this was made by dreamworks

what the hell happened to them?

>egyptians can actually work better than slaves if they actually put in the effort themselves

Huh

Ok sorry, looking it up those artifacts are from about a millennia later.

I guess Jews at the time were pretty much indistinguishable from any other proto-semitic people.

>along with a figure depicted on various artifacts that may have eventually become their current God, IIRC.

Yahweh's first mention in history, as far as we know, isn't until the 15th century BC.

Because Sup Forums has spilled over into almost every board and ruined Sup Forums

If this movie came out today, the script would be altered to put in a hamfisted message about refugees.

That movie had great songs
youtube.com/watch?v=-tVTEyuCKn4
Favourite

Neoplatonism was heavily influenced by the bible so yes it is western cultural too

Ramses was definitely the villain....a sympathetic one for sure, and it's not entirely his fault that he didn't view the slaves as people (even Moses didn't until he discovered that he himself was related to them), but still, he's the villain.

That jew book is definitely a big part of christianity which is a big part of western culture.

THIS WAS ALREADY POSTED

slap yourself dirty jewden

no, it is you who kinda sucks

Jews didn't exist. Anymore so than the French, Americans, or Maori.

youtube.com/watch?v=3WKN0XF8-3Q

youtube.com/watch?v=hac2rX_VMuY

GOAT song in both languages

Can this be a good animated+music scene thread?

youtube.com/watch?v=yZAY-78zhmw

Probably the last good recent one.

Moses's people went on to commit genocide and mass slavery so as far as I'm concerned Ramses had the moral highground, since at least he was defending his home turf instead of invading another nation.

>this kills the Nietszche

fuck Sup Forums. i don't give a shit if this is jew propaganda because it's art.

That's kind of what I was getting at yeah.

It was true animation kino. Too bad the only thing Dreamworks inherited from those days are the smug faces.

>Moses's people went on to commit genocide and mass slavery

Moses' people did bad things much, much later, so that justifies doing awful things to them now? Guess it would have been morally acceptable to just slaughter the Germans in 1919 then.

>so as far as I'm concerned Ramses had the moral highground since at least he was defending his home turf instead of invading another nation.

Ramses was enslaving the Hebrews, and refused to set them free. He has no moral high ground.

he's the antagonist, there is no true villany in his character

god I love this movie so much

that scene was horror-kino. fuck that.

>Moses' people did bad things much, much later, so that justifies doing awful things to them now?
Pretty soon afterwards, actually.

>Ramses had the moral highground

lol

"Hey Ramses, set these slaves free."
"No."
"Pretty please?"
"No, and now I'm going to make their lives even worse."
"Ok, seriously, let them go or bad stuff will happen."
"No."
*bad stuff happens*
"Your own people are dying, why not just let the Hebrews go?"
"No"

Ramses refused to budge because of his own selfish pride, anger at Moses, and desperation to live up to his father's legacy. Even when it would have objectively been better for Egypt to let the Hebrews go (since Egyptians were starving and dying as a direct result of his refusal), he still refused to do it. He might not be a mustache-twirling villain, but he definitely isn't the good guy.

>The Ten Commandments will always be the superior version
lol no

What language is that when the kids start singing?

Pure animation-kino

Shekelsian

youtube.com/watch?v=bRfoYB7BTxs

How can Disney compete with this?

Clearly you aren't playing with the big boys.

Hebrew

Prince of Egypt is kino as fuck man

kangz

I would say the closest they've gotten animation-wise is either The Lion King or Hunchback of Notre Dame

>be Ramses
>trying not to be a serious ruler
>accused of being the weak link
>become a serious ruler
>get called a villain

I always found the opening shot of the Pharao statue head to be scary as fuck as a kid

>accused of being the weak link
>become a serious ruler

That was the problem though, he went way too far with it. He probably would have been a much better ruler if Moses had stayed.

(((The chosen language)))

>can't have a kino thread without Sup Forums showing up
truly the most annyoing cunts in this site

Hey guys can I join in?

youtube.com/watch?v=tAXDziDL6O4

They've caught the furry disease.

Best animated film of all time.

CGI is shit, and I went to school for it.

Shrek, desu

>how dare children watch anything except Jew propaganda

What did OP mean by this?

>Also The Ten Commandments will always be the superior version
Ha..no. Prince of Egypt captured the erosion of the relationship of the brothers very well and provided some depth to Ramses. Whereas, in the The Ten Commandments Ramses was a douche from start to finish.

With Zootopia.

>Mulan came out the same year as Prince of Egypt
>looks considerably worse in art quality

What was with Disney in the 90s? It was a crap-shoot whether the movie would have great animation or boring unshaded shit.

Mulan was aiming for a flat Chinese painting style

Regular workers
There was a food surplus, so not everybody had to be farmers hence there were many available to be employed as builders and to work as craftsmen. If the pharoah wasn't employing them there would be massive unemployment.

It's a meme, they were "paid" in petty food rations. And got time off, and this could have just been for a minority of skilled workers who were not slaves.

no

you can see that they put an enormous amount of time, energy and passion with the prince of egypt. shame dreamworks haven't made anything great in years.

>treated quite well

Compared to slaves, sure. But that's not a very high bar. They weren't exactly getting coffee breaks and worker's comp.

>He said they brought a bunch of hardcore Jews in one day to kinda get their input, show them what they were doing and give them a feel for production. He made indirect reference to how the character nose shape was reflected in the final character design.

You have to give them credit for that sort of thing. The people genuinely look the way that they're "supposed to" (I know it's a cartoon, but still). The Egyptians look Egyptian, the Hebrews look fairly similar to Israelites (not the Germans/Russians who moved there in the past 50 years, but the "natives"), there are even some nubians here and there.

This. It's what makes him such a good antagonist; his pride is what brings everything to pieces, which fits the story perfectly.

It was the bronze age. No one was treated well.