JAPANESE PRINCESS QUITS ROYAL FAMILY TO WED COMMONER

>Princess Mako, the eldest granddaughter of Japanese Emperor Akihito, will wed a former classmate, the Imperial Household said on Sunday, confirming a marriage that will further deplete the royal family since she must become a commoner.

SHE DID IT, THE ABSOLUTE MADMAKO!!!

PERFECT THEME SONG:
youtube.com/watch?v=P-WP6POdTgY

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=wiDCwqpupj8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Sorry wasn't the Feudal system dissolved in the Meiji restoration and everyone outside the Imperial Family technically a commoner?

Who is she supposed to marry?

it's already happened not that long ago though

This pretty much
Or she could have wed a foreigner, imagine the shock

nobles still existed until the end of ww2.

She'll be still getting money and people's respect from time to time as an ex imperial family member, for the purpose of keeping the family's continuous grace.

The couple is to receive over one hundred million JPY for this marriage announcement alone.

who cares? gook royals are nothing.

Imagine if she married an American or a Chinese, the outrage would be delicious.

Would she still be of royal blood if we wed a Saudi prince?

rest of young imperial memeber...

kako
aiko
hisahito

Extinction crisis...

Why was it abolished?

Oh. Because the US wrote your constitution. topcuck

Do the ex-noble familys have any special privileges?

She*

baka chon

Not a big deal. People liked i. What you might want to discuss is Japanese opinion on the need for royal family, and the answer is whatever.

Well aren't they all girls? What is the emperor going to do? He surely can't let a Girl be king because Japs are a bit funny on that so what's he going to do? Can't exactly adopt because they're the decedents of Amaterasu

she looks korean

Allowing nobility can't co-exist with fair democracy.
Meanwhile, Japan cannot exist without the imperial family so they are an exception.

You're not thinking.

Imagine if she married a Korean.

Look at England mate. Seems to work pretty well

Hisahito is a boy which means he's an already decided future emperor

Hisahito-sama is only grandson of emperor.

Is he the current emperor's son or Grandson?

In a practical sense or only by title?

current emperor's grandson.

they don't have privileges, though they are still somewhat influential through blood connection in the elite society

Because their nobility started democracy and nobody has questioned its legitimacy.
Ours did too, but they failed to manage it and let evils burn the whole land. They were labeled as incompetent.

I mean, he's pretty fucking handsome.

Even royalty can't resist Chad.

The house of lords is a pretty retarded institution tho.

We still have nobles, same as the British, and that seems to be going just fine

only by title

Clever stuff.

Why don't they marry the Sanada clan and breed the new Yukimura?

It was a civil war mate. Forced at the point of a musket or whatever

Eh doesn't seem to bother most people

literally Princess Cucko

>everyone outside the Imperial Family technically a commoner?
yes. from that time, she become to be able to vote and pay tax.

>Who is she supposed to marry?
relatively handsome guy who had grown up in internatinal school and worked for city bank(maybe in legal profession now). some conservative disclosed his father commited suicide, but who care? she nor her children are never in relation to succession to the throne.

So how did Hisahito come about? Why is he in succession if there are no nobles to marry?

nope
their titles are only kept when they marry a member of imperial family, which is, needless to say, unlikely in modern era.

The biggest problem with our traditional nobility was they were all descendants of very powerful local samurai warlords and daimyos.
The GHQ feared their centripetal force in local areas of Japan and forming militarized guerilla.
They had to ban it all.

it's time for empress.

Amaterasu was female god(shinto's god)

kako-sama should be next emepror(empress).

Why not just ennoble whoever they want to marry?

I mean there must be some sort of thing in Japan to do that.

Seems a little unsustainable atm

Good luck doing them that first try.

The English royal family 1) has other royal families they can marry from and 2) isn't stuck on marrying other royals so much anymore

The Japanese royal family is literally at a dead-end

She is beautiful

I was speaking about the nobility of England mate.

And quite apart from that I don't see why they cannot just Knight whoever they feel like really

>

She looks like the average fingol woman

What legal privileges does being a Lord or an Earl or whatever actually give?

An't you triggered about people saying England for the UK?

Good on her.

i think it's a tradition to slim imperial family so they can economize household budget.

We all Japanese wish you the best on your marriage, our beloved Mako sama

Most royal familys are fantastically wealthy man. Are you actually Japanese?

What happened to the Zaibatsu's? Did they just get taken public or are they still reasonably privately owned?

Hisahito-chan is a son of a son of ex-emperor, so then he is in succession.
as long as you were born as a women in royal family, you nor your children are not in succession. if you were a son or a son of son of the emp, you could be.

however, those conservatives says as if royal blood would get polluted by those hereditary disease. fuck, leave it to her. so why don't they rather do their effort to restore royal concubine system?
they are just dreaming an era before the war, when they could hide behind the throne anytime they want.

UGLY AF DESU;;;

Is the Emperor the head of state?

I don't really understand why anyone would want to abolish it. And what would they hide behind the throne for? I mean I take it that they take a limited role in public life and are mainly figureheads these days.

What do you mean? She looks super korean.

Stupid fucking whore.

She is below average in Korea desu

She's so ugly, we wouldn't even rape her

Monarchy is for cucks

the imperial family lost their assets after ww2 and today they are subsidized by the government, which doesn't really want them to be bloated every time a princess marries. also a more pragmatical reason is that female members are kinda redundant unless they can marry a male member of imperial family (which practically can't today), because it's only those who keep the paternal lineage from the first emperor that do matter in japanese imperial succession system, and other paternal lineages (princesses' husbands') are not necessary; so, what difference does it make to take commoner males in imperial family when their son can't be an heir to the throne anyway?

As you may soon know if you get interested in the history of this county, Emperors haven't been in real power since about 1185 or so, they just have approved decisions of people in real power in that eras.

But to keep emperors in strong dignity as a symbol is so convenient for those people in power.

For instance, POWs got killed during the war by an order of a general. After surrender, general asked his subordinates

"Induction of rank of general is approved by emperor, so then, if I get prosecuted for war crime, even the emperor could be in charge. So why don't you pretend as if it was your order, if you have a piece of patriotic soul?"

Then subordinates and infantries got sentenced and generals survived.
Those things will come up if royal family get lifted more than necessary.

t. ruled by embezzling shamans

Sorry how did they lose their assets? Like I would understand if their Public holdings were taken but surely they had some private assets to fall back on?

Does the Emperor have any actual powers?

youtube.com/watch?v=wiDCwqpupj8

This might interest you. It would be unthinkable for her to exercise most of it though

Even if the Imperials go extinct Japan can just make a 2d loli empress.

Well I mean I'm aware of a bit of Japanese history but these days it can open a massive door of Autism that I don't want.

So yeah I'm aware that the Shogun ruled but then after Meiji it was all emperors even if a lot of the practical power was in the hands of the Zaibatsu's. Pretty interesting. Covered some of it at uni actually. But pre-WWII the Emperor was super powerful in name if nothing else. I guess when you see some Western propaganda it can seem as though it was a form of cult of personality akin to North Korea atm.

I don't actually know what happened to the powers of the Emperor post WWII though. I mean the reality of it is that Japan is basically a US vassal state so its kind of moot.

What provisions were added that prevent changing the constitution?

Yes this very good news

We will destroy Japan.he is really Korean.i know it, We take over Japan very soon

>take commoner males in imperial family
Men in power will make princess get married with his son, it will be concern.

certainly they had shitload of bonds, stocks of those zaibatsu, and lands, but those private assets were turned over to the national treasury after the war. some people say that, technically, they still own japan though..

And she'so smug about it.

Why?

And if its akin to Crown land they may well have some form of claim to the right to sell it if they wish

i don't know much, but just learned so. probably for the postwar reconstruction?

Eh its pretty sad I guess.

I have to admit I have very insufficient knowledge, but..

>> after Meiji it was all emperors
Main power has possessed by council of elder vassals, who achieved Meiji restoration. Then shifted to parliament, but got subverted by military powers.
(maybe only in the coup in 226, he had his independent decision.)

>> personality akin to North Korea
But emps after Meiji never killed anybody by his direct order... even terrorists attempted to murder them.

>>Emperor post WWII though
Kept being Figurehead as he had been, only his divine dignity was denied, I think.

>>basically a US vassal state
maybe so..

>>What provisions were added that prevent
Nothing by hand of US. It could be revised anytime when the approval of the parliament and national referendum is gained, BUT, there "Japan-US Status of Forces Agreement" exist practically being superior to the constitution. So any suggestions which may harm US benefit, will never be submitted to the parliament in the first place I think.

My comprehension and explanation may be contain misunderstandings, just see it as reference.
And thank you for having interest in history of Japan.

Who is she supposed to marry? Do they even have other nobility outside of their family?

ITs a sad state of affairs I guess. From a Western outlook life in Japan can seem a little dehumanising. The idea of the salaryman working 60 hours a week seems to be pretty ingrained. Can seem like that's the reason that anime focuses so heavily on Highschool so much. That it is left as a memory of when life was free and easy.

Still looks like a super comfy place to live I guess

Have you seen Black Lagoon? Its a pretty amazing journey of a salaryman at its cool

they still do even in japan, although they do not have any official status they recognize each other and still work for the interest of their class, as they do in france and everywhere else

>state of affairs
Yes but its human's history we live in, it's US's era now..

>>alaryman working 60 hours a week
It has been changing gradually, actually I'm working 40h per week. But if you earns more than 55,000$ year or less than 28,000$ year, situation get sheerly worsen.

>>anime focuses so heavily on Highschool
Maybe because its main readers are teens I think.
And comic artist these days are mainly geeks discriminated in their teen lives, so those Anime high school lives are likely what they wanted it were to be, I think.

>>Black Lagoon
I haven't read it.. But there are some of good fictions involving adult lives still more, they are hardly Animenized because they won't engage those geek and yaois, whom publisher get large profits so easily.
(but good things are being good yet, I prefer Golden kamui these days)

>Golden kamui
What is it?

>situation get sheerly worsen.
This doesn't make sense sorry.

Do you mean gets a lot worse?

What exactly do adult Japanese do for fun? I've heard you drink quite heavily on occasion but what is the plan for a quiet night after work?

The girls on manga magazine covers are prettier.
Commoner pleb > Royal shit

>What exactly do adult Japanese do for fun?
Probably the same thing australian adults do for fun

>Golden kamui
Check(google) it! you won't get bored.

>situation get sheerly worsen.
sorry for my clumsy English.
When your incomes get beyond about 55,000$ (upper-middle here) or you were a powerless person who can earn more than 280,000$, the employer stops pay overtime payment in general.

>> plan for a quiet night after work
browsing this board...or something I don't know in detail. My co-workers are going gym or practicing golf pr something.
Drink too much has been becoming out of fashion these days.

I am going to become a Japanese Prince.

Ainu gold

Sounds cool man

So basically just normal stuff. Japan sounds nice. It would be nice to eat real wagyu I guess.

Yeah I mean if you actually don't mind a seinen here and there give the first season of black lagoon a go. It's a lot of fun

>he's not black
How's that fucking worthy of an Sup Forums thread?

>black lagoon
I'll try.
Thanks for talking.

Have a good night mate

This is good. The Royal family should be more down to earth than to be seen as demigods. Man I wish that was me. I'd marry Japan to America or France for that matter.