What are Sup Forums's honest thoughs in this movie?

What are Sup Forums's honest thoughs in this movie?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=J0mUVY9fLlw
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

shitty movie
as bad as tfa and the pequels.

everyone has already forgotten this movie desu

If I may put in my opinion...
I absolutely adored Rogue One. It is my (current) favourite Star Wars film. For me it had the right amount of everything, it had cool new characters, it made the Empire seem like a genuine threat with a massive presence where ever you go, it portrayed the Rebellion in a darker light to show what they have to resort to to fight such a hopeless fight. It was grittier than previous films which I feel is it's strongest point (hear me out here.) In the OT and PT, even the ST, I rarely got the feeling there is a galaxy wide war raging, guerrilla or not. For example in Episode 3, there is only 2 moments for me, which is the opening scene and when Order 66 is given and you see all the different locations. But they were more of a reminder, like "oh yeah, there's that whole Clone War thing going on." Then in the OT I only really got the feeling when the Empire invaded Hoth, and when they boarded the Tantive IV. The Empire rarely felt like a serious threat to me.
But in Rogue One, you see it everywhere. Imperial banners, Stormtroopers patrolling streets, Star Destroyers over cities, giant gate shields with fleets guarding it, Research facilities, and of course the Death Star coming in and saying "fuck everything in that general direction." Twice. And not to mention the Vader scenes.
The Empire feels like a constant and looming threat to me in Rogue One, you get the sense they could burst in at any time and do terrible things. We see them being ruthless to their own people and other people.
It might be my age (19) but I love Rogue One to bits (along with all the other films,) and I feel it really puts the "War" in "Star Wars." It is a very welcome addition to the saga for me.

It was a film that I spent money to see, several moments of the film were enjoyable to me and distracted me from certain aspects of my life.

relatable

PRETTY FUCKING BORING DESU SENPAI

Felicity has a nice ass tho

The best parts of the movie are the very beginning and the very end. Jedha and the Kyber refinery were messy plot-wise and Scarif dragged on.

I saw it twice, enjoyed it a lot more the first time than the second time.

It has the Mad Max 1 effect where the more you cut off of the beginning of the movie the better it is

-I didn't like that the thermal port was this masterfully planned weakness, instead of just the rebelion clutching at straws like it seemed in ANH
-while not prequel bad, the dialogue was pretty awful
-having the showdown with the big-bad-director-guy on top of the satellite dish (that could thankfully send messages at the very, very top) was stupid
-blind asian dude was an awful character, and completely awful writing
-I miss Kyle Katarn

+laser-gun shootouts are cool
+vader (apart from the arnold-ish line to the director-guy) was menacing, and terrifying again
+morally grey characters generally are more interesting, and while the ones in this movie aren't going to be on anybody's "top 10 anti-heroes", it's still better than the alternative

Solid B-

Why did they completely computer generate a dead person, is that creative storytelling?
Why do I spend more time thinking about entertainment than anything that is actually important in my life?
Why don't I prioritize things like family and friends over escapism.
Why don't I even care for my self when I know poor nutrition, lack of mental and physical exercise is deleterious to my health.
Why are the characters in Rogue One so poorly written?

Why'd they kill the robot? The robot was the only good thing

Better in literally every way than TFA. It actually felt like part of a massive, organic universe with all of the references to the prequels, the OT, the clone wars, and rebels. The characters weren't especially gripping but I felt like they were serviceable. The only rebel I cared about was the droid. The plot was kind of meandering and unfocused in the first half but honestly I would take MORE planets and locations in a Star Wars film over fewer every single time.

Vader scenes were incredible (I disliked but don't hate his pun). I honestly would have preferred it be even darker and I really wish the Stormtroopers were more dangerous. The main villain was kind of weak.

For a Star Wars movie: 8 out of 10

When the city they were escaping got nuked, why did the blind jedi ask the hawaiian machine gun guy if the city was destroyed? he was clearly shown to have insane perception and stuff. he couldn't tell that the nuke destroyed the city? like im pretty sure if i had my eyes closed and a nuke went off behind me i would tell you if the city was destroyed

>not complaining about her sudden change of character when she spoke to the counsel

He wasn't a jedi and only had perception of things close to him

X-WIIIINGS!!!!!!!!!!!!

boring first 2/3 with characters I didn't care about in the least
too many wink wink moments with the references
Tarkin looked like a video game character walking around the real world

the action at the end was decent, but I didn't really care about what was happening

Still waiting for HD

>PT ASSHURT PT ASSHURT!

They had too many characters with not enough to develop them, so when they all go through their Super Tragic Deaths I didn't feel anything for almost any of them. The closest I came to caring was Samoa Joe after Mr. Miyagi died because losing a true friend like that is sad.

Also Vader was good.

You're heartless if you didn't feel anything after the beach scene.

She wasn't the only one. The imperial pilot who defected goes from "royally fucked" to "absolutely fine" in the space of 5 minutes after the city gets blown up.

Both of them were terrible people with no chemistry.

Uneven and clearly reworked to death in post but I enjoyed it because it was the live action version of me playing with Star Wars action figures when I was ten. It's the exact story a kid would come up with. They're trying to find the plans for the DEATH STAR and AT-ATs show up who get shot down by X-WINGS and then DARTH VADER wrecks some motherfuckers.

I hope future SW movies aim higher but as a movie going experience I was satisfied.

this seriously wtf

he had time to recover

We need more white women x Mexican male in films

Never saw it, TFA killed all my Star Wars hype.

First two-thirds are shit, last third is entertaining enough. I think the biggest problem was too much studio interference, too much re-shooting and re-editing. There wasn't really a coherent vision behind it.

Fuck off shill.

Probably the third worst blockbuster of the year behind BvS and Suicide Squad

this

The first two acts are terrible, the characters are really boring, CGI Tarkin was disturbing and unnecessary. The final battle had some good action but it went on for too long, not to mention that Jyn Erso and Cassian essentially play a giant version of a crane game during the sequence. If I'm being honest I don't see how this any different from attack of the clones, it's got light saber fan service, boring characters, a meandering plot that goes from planet to planet, and a giant special effects action set piece at the end.

It had le funny meme bot of jokes

Why should I give a shit about Jyn? Hmm? What do I care if this bitch and her gang of "misfit" bitches die? Waste of a movie. Show me something I'll care about.

>Vader killing rebels
>Rebels escape and Pinto Princess ship
>Vader stands in front of space breathing
>In space breathing
>breathing
>space
>is
>a
>vacuum
I walked out after this shot

>seeing nuSW after TFA

What are you some kind of plebeian or sumtin?

good b8 m9

The first 2 acts are awful. The characters, I couldn't name a single one of them they were so unmemorable. The action in act 3 was decent, but it was essentially the same as the battle for Endor in Return of the Jedi. The battle was not really cool or emotional for me because I knew it would end with them getting the plans anyway. The whole plot for the movie was so dull that the characters really had no reason to be interesting.

If I compare it with The Force Awakens, it's not even close. I enjoyed The Force Awakens quite a bit. All of the characters were interesting to me. I want to know more about Rey, Kylo, Luke, and Snoke.

Rogue One: C+
The Force Awakens: A-

Your bait is so obvious. Rogue One absolutely dominates The Force Awakens in every aspects.

Totally and utterly forgettable

Haven;t met a single person who preferred TFA.

No, that's your opinion. TFA is actually liked by the majority of star wars fans, believe it or not. TFA is better received by most people.

The amount of people you know is a shit sample size.

>breathing
>Inside the shield

Better than Jar Jars crappy tfa

Space explosions must drive you nuts

- Boring first half
- Blatant fanservice
- Forgettable characters
- Some terrible prequel-tier dialogues
- Some parts didn't make sense (there was literally no reason for Saw Gerrera to die)

+ Enjoyable fanservice (that Vader at the end)
+ Cameo appearances pleased the fanboy in me
+ X-wings and Battle-of-Endor-like space battle
+ Main characters dying rather than being magically rescued
+ Explained the major plot device in ANH (not that I give a shit about Disney's Star Wars)
+ Better than TFA

td;dr decent movie, but enjoyable because of (blatant) fanservice

I don't disagree with most your points, but how was there a plot hole in ANH? It never bothered me for 20 years that there was a weak point in the form of a power shaft that torpedoes could be fired into. It wasn't until the past 2 years I ever heard anyone complain about it.

>It wasn't until the past 2 years I ever heard anyone complain about it
Nice bait

Don't lie to yourself. You never gave a shit about it until a bunch of millennials started nit picking it for Rogue One.

Well, yeah, actually I've never been bothered by it either. Just parroting what some people said. I agree with this guy about the rebellion clutching at straws.

Derp, meant to quote

Waifu thread? Waifu thread!

didn't see it, don't plan to ever see it.

>Derp
These are the people I share the board with.

Just watch the end battle when it comes out on youtube after the bluray release. There is nothing else worth watching.

wow this scene is so embarrasin

the ending was the best 3 minutes I have seen from ANY star wars movie.

So cute when she's shy

old lady waifu itt

I liked it. After TFA, I was a bit afraid of what was coming next, but I read some early reviews in Sup Forums by some saying that it really was not a SJW movie, so I decided to give it a try.

I wish the characters would have gotten more development and that Jyn would have pondered about the Rebellion just recruiting her for being the-daughter-of, instead of because of her skills.

Krennic deserved more screentime for development too and, in my opinion, at the end he should have let Jyn upload the plans out of resentment. Such a missed opportunity.

I thought it was quite bad. The first 3/4 of the film were unbelievably boring, awful dialogue, shitty acting etc. Only enjoyable part was the end battle and effects, but that isn't enough to save it

Not a perfect film by any means, but by far the best Star Wars film since The Return of the Jedi.

ok I admit
she is kinda cute

Better than TFA by leaps and bounds

b8

The thermal port was not the weakness that was designed in, it was that the reactors would chain react and destroy the whole station if you could compromise them. The thermal port is still them clutching at straws

Forgot the biggest + over TFA and prequels:

Rogue One made lightsabers fucking cool again. The film wasn't over saturated with lightsaber fight or someone opening a can of bean with a lightsaber every ten minutes, like in prequens and TFA, then as a result when Vader appeared at the end and pulled out his co...I mean lightsaber it was fucking amazing.

I know you

TFA did use lightsabers properly. What are you talking about?

It totally validated my love for childrens' franchise.

They even had non jedis become a fucking masters of lightsabering in 5 minutes after picking one up, so I have to disagree with you.

Truth doesn't fear examination

Me personally, I loved this movie.

>non jedis
>jedis
oh, you're one of (((them)))

I'd rate it 11/10. Better than Empire.

You're crazy if you think FA was that good.

The lightsaber fight vs Darth Maul in episode 1 was awesome though, despite being choreographed.

How awesome was it though, user?

youtube.com/watch?v=J0mUVY9fLlw

Terrible movie. Worst Star wars flick since attack of the clones

It tried. It looked good, it had good action but it failed to be engaging. Needed more time to let the character breathe and give them characterization outside of the mission they're trying to accomplish. It was fun seeing allthe little pieces fall into place that would lead to Episode 4.

Aome of the cameos were unnecessary. I was fine with Leia, I think C3PO and R2D2 had absolutely no reason to be in this movie and Tarkin... man, if you can't make him look real next to actual actors, don't include him.

>TFA is actually liked by the majority of star wars fans, believe it or not.
>liked by the majority of
>star wars fans
You mean casuals that eat popular shit up?
Might as well call the Transformers movies masterpieces because they are actually better received by the public.

The movie didn't add anything to the overall story. It was completely unnecessary.

Rouge One was shit