Japanese Baseball Playoffs (Feat. Korean Playoffs) Thread

Clmax Series Final (Game 1)

>Hiroshima Carp - DeNA BayStars

>SoftBank Hawks - Rakuten Eagles

---------------
>NPB streams
vaughnlive.tv/ (Click on 'Browse' then 'All')
konansports.com/
ti ny(dotto)cc/hitbaseball
Check comments for other streams

>NPB live boxscores
hosted.stats.com/npb/scoreboard.asp

>KBO streams
aqstream.com/
sports.news.naver.com/tv/index.nhn (May require VPN, geoblocked in some places)
ondemandkorea.com/kbo-post-season
ondemandkorea.com/baseball

>General info
yakyudb.com/ (for NPB and other japanese baseball info)
cpblstats.com/ (for CPBL and taiwanese baseball info)
mykbostats.com/ (for KBO info)

>Discord server
discord.gg/KxfZmr4

Other urls found in this thread:

live.qq.com/10001119
vaughnlive.tv/dragons_80
youtube.com/watch?v=T7LUty7gMpI
youtube.com/watch?v=zMWI3kFLDjw
konansports.com/p/nhkbs.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Playball!

Streams

>Carps - BayStars

live.qq.com/10001119
vaughnlive.tv/dragons_80
youtube.com/watch?v=T7LUty7gMpI
youtube.com/watch?v=zMWI3kFLDjw

--------
Hakws - Eagles
konansports.com/p/nhkbs.html

-------
MultiFeed
bit(doooooottt)ly/2kXtbYf

hey JP guy, how are you?

well... Hanshin is out and I had to deal with meetings all day at work so not so great, but hey at least baseball is on tv!

yeah, double basebal today :)

BASEDBALL

Rakuten BFTOing Softbank

what happened with the team that won regular season of P League?

>tfw I dont have J-sports 1 and have to watch DeNA vs Carp via stream like a pleb

i thogout that J-Sports was basic channel like BS1

they are so low in sports that be not in basic package makes it be a joke

>tfw class in 6.5 hours

>not sleeping early just to watch the game

i can hear music playing in the middle of plays? that's allowed?

my provider (Jcom) doesnt even offer J-sports 1 as a channel only 4 is available and I still have to pay extra for it if I want it

yeah, its like Soccer/Football ultras

They play songs about the teams and the players during the game in order of give motivation

I can watch the rakuten vs softbank game on NHKBS1 though

you should change into SkyPerfect

it should be expensive, but they it seems that has more channels

right right, I know about all that music stuff(I'm in a college drumline) but here when the ball is in play your team can get penalties if you play music

bringing your instrument to play music for your team is a Jap baseball tradition. They even have a section where all the musicians sit and you are only allowed to play when your team is batting

unfortunately according to my landlord only Jcom offers service in my area. Its kind of funny because I have a friend that works there and he absolutely hates it and complains nonstop about Jcom being a shitty black company

wait so its just random fans?

The fact that DeNA vs carp is only on J-sports 1 is probably why there are so many japs watching these streams

its kind of ironic that even in Japan this type of BS happens lol

at least streaming is common to everyone so i can watch matches too

I think you cant just bring it if you feel like it. You have to join a specific group or something.

that's pretty cool though. for my school baseball is one of the only sports with no band since you can't play when the ball is in play

yeah its nice now. Years ago all you could do is listen to the radio. Even now if your regular season game goes on for too long they just change the program and move the game to a different (usually paid) channel. If you dont have it you have to take out your radio

Yeah it definitely gives NPB a different feel from MLB among a lot of other things (cheerleaders etc.). I should probably do some research on how to join the music group.

i just hope that in the future they dont become stream hunters worst than US, for some teams like fighters that wants give a international approaching, those types of streams are vital

Yeah, knowing Japanese companies it will probably take them a while to figure out what streaming is though

what do you play?

trumpet. I think thats the only instrument they allow actually

yeah it sounds like trumpet screeching

High School bands uses other instruments too tho

yeah the highschool cheering is totally different. College too

industiral baseball also follows High School/College systems also

its like the system of band that plays more

even though it isnt popular I think that college baseball has the most hype/fun cheering

i tried watch Big 6 that plays on Swallows stadium but they stream was fucking geoblocked

God, Did SoftBank are still on end season mood? they even had a pratice game and are still playing shitty like after the regular season clintch

I cant find any good videos on youtube of the college cheering but basically they always have a hypeman and cheerleaders dancing on a raised platform. The hypeman is the best part because he just strikes "intimidating" poses, punches the air, stomps on the stage and shit its fucking great

rakuten just keeps cranking out homers. If they continue like this they might just win the series

Sit down fatty.

fatass needs to calm down

>fatass

who is the fatass?

Dat leg kick

Despainge. Some Cuban

デスパイネ on softbank. tried acting tough after getting tagged out

You follow mlb? Darvish was masterful last night.

yeah I have a live update on my pc at work but of course it is difficult to keep up during the regular season. I've been following Darvish since he was on Nippon ham, glad to see he is finally on a team that has a chance at the WS

>cuban
of course its a cuban

maybe you should try use streams for MLB too, some sites even stream BS1 and JSports feed, maybe if you get into discord i can send you the links

I would but I cant watch streams at work, its too obvious that im not getting anything done lol

yeah theres it too, but maybe you can ask friends for MLB streams services like DAZN or Spotsnavi

fuck, Hiroshima - Yokohama game is on rain delay

yeah thats true. Usually for big games I can watch a replay on regular tv here though.

also holy shit its fucking pouring at this DeNA vs Carp game

damn is this rakuten v softbank a game or a homerun derby?

How much is the Japanese media creaming itself at the prospect of a Darvish/Ma-kun matchup in the World Series?

Is Naito playing for the Carps?

Its been mentioned in the sports section of the news quite often. All of the baseball fans here are hoping they can watch what is considered to be the two best Japanese pitchers play against each other in the WS.

Tanaka vs. Keuchel will be a good matchup today.

Is japanese pro wrestling really that popular worldwide?

yeah, its a damn shame the games start at like 6am here or something

No but I like it

here is the reverse, NPB games starts 6am here

Actually here is 8am

dang are you a NEET or something?

also man I hate seeing fat DHs in my NPB

They don't import 'em like Tyrone Woods anymore

my college its at night and most part of my work is at home so as soon i come from college i got to sleep in order of awake early

i could be a DH better than those Cubans

No, but it's gaining steam among indyfags

I miss getting up at 5 AM for big games, but the >Drags haven't played one in 5 years ;_;

>also man I hate seeing fat DHs in my NPB

They're starting to get less valuable here thankfully. Pujols had a good year with raw stats hitting 25 homers and 100 rbis, but he was actually the worst player in the league.

Just tuned in, what inning is this?

Swallows are going to dump out valentin too if this also counts

Drags had a good season but not enough to get in playoffs, they blew up too many games

SoftBank - Rakuten Eagles is on 7th
Hiroshima - Yokohama is on rain delay

Hiroshima - Yokohama game just got called

what happens when a game is called before the mid game on Climax Final? they will have to play again?

The announcer just said that its going to be counted as a win for carp. Thats pretty shit imo but that means carp is 2-0 in the series and only 1 game away from a win

>good season
>20 games under .500
Unearthing Kyouda was good, but the whole pitching staff needs to be overhauled; it wasn't long ago that Masa Yamamoto in his mid-40s was a viable starter

your team got BFTOed from 2-0 so that is not so much of a problem to BayStars

but also i think that Hiroshima is going to meme blew again on Nippon Series

as i said they blew matches too much, i lost the count of games where Drags was ahead untill give runs at end

i dont knew witch was worst, Swallows (that is the team that i cheer) or Drags

Does Japan ever talk about how it always seems like they don't call games mid-game unless the home team is winning? I've seen this scenario too often, almost always involving Hanshin:

>6th inning
>Home team down 1
>typhoon-like rain
>no rain delay called
>home team scores 2 runs in the 7th
>game finally called

>Swallows are going to dump out valentin too if this also counts

Yeah. Fat DHs who are one dimensional power hitters can't really contribute in any other way. They can't beat out infield hits, stretch doubles, score from 2nd on singles, steal bases, and they obviously don't field.

When Prince Fielder hit 50 homers, he was actually below all-star level with a 3.6 WAR (not sure if you're into advanced stats, but all star level players are 5 and above.)

Definitely Yakult; wasn't that the worst season in their history?

And yeah, with the Drags they'd be up 1 most of the time and the bullpen blows it (or that one time the Dragons were up 10-0 and lost it in the 7th and 8th)

the first stage in the CS is a 3 game series Hanshin only won game 1. This stage however is a 6 game series with Carp starting with a 1 game advantage in the event of a 3-3 tie the team with the higher record (carp) wins. Its a really shitty system that has been criticized by the players endlessly. Basically baystars has to win the next 4 games

of course the fans complain but the higher ups cant be bothered to give a shit its a system that works for and against them

Think baseball could ever grow in Brazil? I think it has a place since you don't have a popular bat-and-ball game over there.

its starting to grow here, Yakult made a parternship with us and help yous to bulid a MLB level tranning center, we are sending some players to AAA and we just our biggest picher transaction of out Baseball story to Red Socks (2M Dollars)

But our sport has a way in front, ironically we have only around 50 fields here and most fields are in south or in São Paulo where the Japs live

A local team here plays improvised on a dirt soccer field for a exemple

the difference with soccer here is huge, but i think that we can follow Football paths and bulid at least a solid culture

ONE RUN GAME!

We´re gooooooooooo this is going to be epic

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand its over GG rakuten

Rakuten vs Softbank series (1-1) tied
DeNA Baystars vs Carp series (0-2) Carp leads

Fat Cuban ruins it.

REMOVE RUM!

Nice. Have to start somewhere. Hopefully the slow pace doesn't turn people from learning about it.

i never liked run anyways, kek

mfw da Baystars win da Japans eries

:DDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDeNA BayStars

excellent post

thanks, here is another version