Which looks better?

Which looks better?

Why are the wings on kylos ship so freakishly out of proportion

bottom. The lighting of the two ships is real and not artificial, the framing is perfect, the stars are brighter in the bottom, the subject is minimal and clean vs the top image

That scene from Ep 7 was so un-memorable that I didn't even realize what it was from until the other user mentioned it. That's how heartless and pointless that worthless movie was.

I hate you, Abrams. For fuck's sake, I understand that you want to get paid, but couldn't you have at least tried to make something somewhat exciting? That builds on the original and makes something new, not a carbon copy? This movie would have made bank regardless, anything with "Star Wars" in the name is an instant money maker, even that World of Warcraft clone they made was profitable because they called it "Star Wars". You had an opportunity to make something new, to put your mark on the series, but you just copied the original.

Where is your creativity? Your sense of artistic integrity? Surely that's what made you want to become a director in the first place? You have been gunning for the Star Wars job for years, that Star Trek movie might as well have been called "Abrams' Star Wars Demo Tape", but this is the best you could crap out? Are you kidding me? I could have come up with something better.

Why is such a large ship so poorly defended, and have so few guns. What are people in it doing all day, mopping floors??

A ship with thousands of people on board should have thousands of guns, but it only shoots a tiny few.

Are all those twinkling lights just empty rooms?

Every shot of the tfa star destroyer is angled so it looks like the old star destroyer, when in reality the nu destroyer barely resembles the old star destroyer

Imagine how frustrating that must be for the designers and artists who put so many hours into that model. You spend so much time creating something that resembles the original, but it still new, then Abram just shoots it from an angle that makes it look identical to the old, rendering your work worthless.

That's because the super star destroyer was in Empire throughout the entire movie and Kylo's star destroyer is barely part of the movie. Not to mention that one movie has been out for 30+ years and the other has not. Maybe the movie is so un-memoriable because it just came out a year ago and you have only seen it once maybe twice vs. the other star wars movies you have seen for years and years. The movie did build up something new, all while soft rebooting A New Hope. It was better than any of the prequel movies in every way. The Phantom Menace is awful and worse in every department. Either way, you can cry all day using the same arguments that you heard on youtube, you couldn't do better. You probably would have written a terrible fan fiction.

>That's because the super star destroyer was in Empire throughout the entire movie and Kylo's star destroyer is barely part of the movie

Possibly. But I feel like all of Episode 7 was so lazy, such a blatant copy of the originals, that I couldn't enjoy it.

>the droid is carrying the secret plans that the empire ("First Order" wants)
>crashes on a desert planet
>saved from scavengers by the protagonist
>who escapes the planet on the millennium falcon and meets Han Solo and Chewbacca
>who gets advice from a tiny, bizarrely colored alien who speaks in riddles and talks about the force
>a massive planet-destroying superweapon destroys a planet
>the rebels plan who to destroy this by sitting in a dark room around a holographic projection of the superweapon and explain how they need to fly down a trench and hit the right spot
>but first they have to disable the shield generator
>so the rebels, sorry, "Resistance", led by Han, sneak in to blow up the shields
>father and son confront each other on a walkway over an abyss
>the heroes allow the resistance he "Resistance", flying in their X-Wings, to fly down the trench and blow the whole thing up

It's the laziest fucking shit.

>Either way, you can cry all day using the same arguments that you heard on youtube, you couldn't do better.

Of course I couldn't do better. But I'm not a man who has devoted his life to making movies and stories, am I? Abrams, and those who helped him make this movie, should surely be held to a higher standard.

>You probably would have written a terrible fan fiction.

Would have been better than "dude let's just merge episodes 4/5/6 into one lazy story lmao"

Bottom is among the worst Special Edition changes in ESB.

Correct, it's an added scene for when Vader is returning to the Executor after leaving Bespin.

Here's a proper non special edition scene version

meme
SE's are mostly good with a few big negatives (Jabba's palace song, new Jabba scene in ANH).
New Cloud City footage is great, new ROTJ ending literally saves the trilogy from ending with a teddy bear sing along, etc...

?
That is from the SE.
The color timing matches the BD.

>this fucking list from pseudointellectuals who think the value of a movie is its surface level plot construction

I wish you'd all just fucking kill yourselves, you are not smart for figuring this out

JJ pls

>pseudointellectuals

What on earth are you talking about? I'm not smart, or an intellectual. But even I'm not willing to accept a blatant, lazy remake of 3 better movies crammed into one worthless piece of crap.

Episode 7 is objectively lazy storytelling, everything wrong with Hollywood in this decade boiled down into one movie. There is nothing original, nothing interesting, just lazy callbacks to the originals and horribly weak "original" plot points. I really don't understand why. In my university alone, I am friends with at least a dozen aspiring writers who could have come up with something far more creative, and my school isn't exactly renowned for its writing program. There are hundreds of thousands, if not millions, of Americans who would have happily taken the opportunity to write a new, interesting Episode 7, let alone all the people elsewhere in the world.

So why resort to this lazy bullshit? Does Disney have that little faith in storytelling that is even the slightest bit original?

Why does JJ make sci-fi when he clearly hates it and he has no imagination for it?

No. OPs image is what it looks like in the Blu-Ray. This is the scene added in the special editions. It was not in the original release, but was an added scene to show Vader returning to his ship after defeating Luke.

This is the first scene of the Executioner when they show the Imperial Fleet.

vs BluRay

>the Executioner

you must go back

>the executioner

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Imagine how many of these the empire could have built instead of the DS2? Sad.

The Death Stars were kinda like the Empire's Manhattan Project.

I used to think it was a different ship than in RotJ because it looked so much darker here.

TFA is the SW movie with less ships
Prove me wrong

The Finalizer is more thicc, but the Executor has a better boipussy.

You're making blase, superficial complaints because you're too stupid to actually engage with a movie besides its surface level aesthetics. TFA is a story about legacy and the impact the Galactic Civil War had on those who came after; the new generation struggles to find meaning in themselves while living in the shadow of greatness and seeks to emulate those who came before in order to find self-worth (as seen in the First Order and Kylo Ren) and Rey, the hero, manages to have faith in the Force and believe in herself once she finally throws off her connection to the past (her need to find her parents) and looks towards the future

but please, just ignore the shit that actually matters (like the characters, the motivations that inform their actions and the themes of the movie) because "hurrr a droid carries a plot device and a death star, le rehash xD"!

>inb4 that didn't happen, nothing means anything be le dizney jewz made it xD reddit

Supposed to resemble a dragon I'm guessing.

Put your trip back on, Mangum.

Because its a dumb weeaboo fan film fantasy.
Nothing makes sense in all the new star wars disney movies.

>I'll refuse to engage the argument and accuse him of being le tripfag boogeyman, that'll show him!
>clearly I'm the rational and intelligent party here

Mangum confirmed.
sage

end it jj

dumb cunt, you're part of the problem

Bottom easily.

I'm part of the problem? I have nothing to do with star wars you stupid faggot.

Huh, I never knew this. That's why it looks so fat and weird, because it's positioned unnaturally to make it look like an old SD?

It's a new design, twice the size of a normal star destroyer but nothing even close to the size of the super star destroyer. He's just being autistic about the frames it's in.

Bottom but I like kylos ship