Bill Hicks was a pseudo intellectual hack

Bill Hicks was a pseudo intellectual hack.

And yet, he made more people think than you ever will. Funny how that works, isn't it?

I blame bill hicks for turning me into a smoker

Really makes OP think.

are you saying the world is unfair? that OP should have the same opportunity to make people think as Bill

really fires the neurons

Isn't this just meant to insult people who use the phrase "It's just a ride". Similar to DUDE WEED LMAO only in a very roundabout way.

He's basically saying DUDE "It's just a ride" LMAO

American """""""Comedy""""""""

Never insult the prophet Hicks again or you will be sorry.

>Bill Hicks was a pseudo intellectual hack.

He died at 32. He was never old enough to have an opinion worth anything.

This, why do these american comedians seem more interested in spewing their political/philosophical ideas than doing actual comedy?

Bill Hicks was alright. So was George Carlin. You have to consider the time period they were in, not just the significance of their work relative to the current circumstances.

I firmly believe that, if Carlin was still around, he would rip the jews a new asshole.

>pseudo intellectual.
>Not an argument.

>Carlin was alright

Carlin had amazing stage presence and developed an extraordinary skill in comedic writing. You might say he was he was alright intellectually, but his level of writing and showmanship was pretty high up there.

MUH HEALTH ISURANCE!!!!!@3!!EW#@

>his level of writing and showmanship was pretty high up there.

Probably the best ever in my opinion, but I'm arguing to people who can only see him retrospectively as another anti white leftie.

look it's a Sup Forumstard is triggered by a left-leaning person who actually accomplished something in their lifetime thread

>many people have been on the ride for a long time

not him

>"this is just a ride"

Man this is so fucking stupid I don't know where to begin. Like what the fuck is even the point of this? Why would it matter if life is "real" or "just a ride", it's still the same thing.

This is basically the philosophical equivalent of "it's just a prank bro".

that would mean that george carlin was retarded and easily brainwashed (redpilled lmao) and he wasn't so no i don't think he would be railing against the jews you fucking mongoloid.

Nothing in the OP indicates Sup Forums in particular. You're parroting

>Why would it matter if life is "real" or "just a ride", it's still the same thing.
Way to completely miss the point. It's called a metaphor. You might want to google it.

I can understand why the behavior of many Sup Forumslocks would lead you to feel that way about >the jews lmao, but all I can say is that their role in our societies is both extremely significant, as well as extremely forbidden to speak of. Sup Forums is not so numerous, convinced, and arrogant about it for no good reason.

I get that it's a metaphor, what I don't get is what kind of a point is trying to make.

It essentially extends the spilt milk metaphor by adding that all things are spilt milk.

reddit: the """""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""comedian"""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""

What about spilt pissjugs though? Those aren't milk

his "its just a ride" is a progressive re-imagining of the song Row Row Row Your Boat (Life Is But A Dream)

> be ignorant me
> have the impression american humor is mostly mean spirited shock value material
> since we cant insult people based on their beliefs, looks, age or whatever
> the easiest way to achieve your shock is by spouting stupid stuff about politics
> at least half of the country will be shocked

>ripping anyone a new asshole
Carlin's only enemy are "stupid people and assholes". That sort of his appeal. He's not an extreme racial comic. Nobody thinks they are stupid, until you relate to the subject/context he's spitting. So they at least give him a chance. Until you give him a chance, he's got massive casual appeal.

>experiencing itself SUB-JECTIVELY

He targeted the Church, why wouldn't he target the Synagogue?

>reddit the comedian
>not Bill Burr
>not Louis CucK
>not Aziz Ansari
>not Amy Schumer

>the church
you mean """""(((The Church)))""""" as in everything Christian, Catholic, Baptist, the most popular religions in the west during his life? Probably easier to comedically critique and criticize something you grow up around.

....OOOOOOOR
>(((Carlin)))

I literally do not even know what this means.

I like bills skit, when he talks about jay leno blowing his own brains out, creating a copy of the NBC logo on the wall.

bill was only just 30.
carlin was doing shitty corporate "carrot top" comedy when he was thirty.

also I might add if i may, carlins stand up seems rehearsed, like hes spent a month memorising it all.

It means stop worrying so much. Life isn't a big deal

Is this coming from a board that finds sam hyde profound?

Lollol

Sam Hyde could be a great comic if he applied himself instead of shitposting IRL

Basically just a poor explanation of the Buddhist stance on suffering.

it's christianity re-imagined
>dude life doesn't matter it's all fake lmao now

you would benefit from stopping after "life doesnt matter" then proceed with existence

monthly reminder that bill was probably assainated by the cia.

>spoke out against Waco
>spoke out against education keeping the masses dumb
>spoke out against gays in the military
>spoke out against mind control
>spoke out against media manipulation

the list goes on and on.

Just imagine if he had a twitter account.

>like hes spent a month memorising it all.

They both had their bits completely memorized. Bill was not improvisation by any means

Life is a sham, but it's not that big of a deal

Agree. Carlin started going that same direction later in his career, but Bill was more willing early on to spend much more time delving at length in particular, incidental subjects, aggregating public interest in particular ""conspiracy theories"", and he was more aggressive about it as well. I can see why Carlin could be tolerated (a bigger name by that point in his career, as well) while Bill had to be nipped in the bud before he spent another 20 years creating a precedent for the public to take interest and disbelieve a wider range of specific incidents.

user I get what you are saying, but in my mind carlins whole act was a performance, his word play etc.

Hicks got real emotional on stage. sure he had his routine jokes, but he did go on those great rants about everything. some of which made me cringe quite a bit. lol

I like them both and my comments are based on what stuff ive seen of them both on youtube etc far too young to have seen them live.

I had hope for Dave chapple but its seems like hes sold out big time.???

He became Alex Jones

JIDF ALWAYS READY

Yea Dave got scared and gave up

>gets cancer
>spends the last month's of his life in solitude and in prayer

God cucked him hard

Not necessarily. For many people, unfortunately, their first and only exposure to le jewish conspiracy is the loud mouthed LCD coming out of Sup Forums. So to them, it makes perfect sense that it's all just the imagination of unstable internet shutins

Samething happened to Voltaire. Irony is the best comedy.

>most people

No, Islam dwarfs Sup Forums by a longshot.

>most people

"around here," obviously. When was the last time you saw a genuine practicing muslim on Sup Forums? It will be another generation before places like this see the muslim children of the brown flood that is presently being sicked on Europe.

>He died at 32. He was never old enough to have an opinion worth anything.
That's funny, because I guarantee the hipster fags who keep making these threads were born in the 90s, most likely the latter half. I've never been a huge fan of the guy either...but it's real easy to sit on the internet in 2017 and pick this kinda shit apart

>a genuine practicing muslim

Every soccer thread on Sup Forums that has English posters.

But seriously people post on Sup Forums from all over the Middle East you fucking nonce.

his new stuff was hard to stomach.

Patrice was also a hope. he prob got bumped off also.

Did you make that image or did you get it from /r/Sup Forums?

1.Hicks
2.Carlin
3.Chapple
4.Patrice
5.?

Go to /mena/ on Sup Forums and you will find shitloads. Jesus what a newfag you are.

He was an anti-white leftie before it was cool.

Hicks is Carlin without the comedy and subtlety.

>aym
>aziz

are you implying that reddit like these? are you a dumbass

reminds me of that richard ramirez faggot

hicks would have lapped carlin several times had he lived to the same age.

found the reddit

>Sup Forums would never behave X way for no good reason
great logic dude, very convincing

bump for true comedy.

who is todays hicks?

>John Oliver

Who is an unfunny, pretentious tryhard?

Probably Amy Schumer.

Denis Leary

come now user ,youre just being silly.

Twenty One Pilots makes more people think than OP ever will. Funny how that works, isn't it?

you wont find one born less than 40 years ago

that gen of comedy is gone

He's more popular in Britain

I am serious.

>ima happy consumer bit
thats you

I get that vibe too. I still think he had some really funny stuff.

Also this.

PRAY FOR NUCLEAR HOLOCAUST WITHIN ONE MINUTE.

Old Man Carlin wasn't really funny, rants aren't comedy. Young Carlin was great tho.

Would be hard to find, as there are a shitload of "cynical" comedians right now. Hannibal Buress maybe.

I'm the happy consumer or I'm Bill Hicks? Because the point I was making was more like the point Hicks was trying to make in that bit, than the person he's talking about.

My computer dead, but I was going give a gif that demeans your attempt at damage control and makes light of your awful music taste, now I'll just say you are wrong.

I wonder how bill would have felt about that major event that happened in usa 15 years ago.

I don't listen to Twenty One Pilots, I was using them as an example because there are very stupid people who think they're insightful and "deep" despite having no subtlety. Like Bill Hicks.

Unless you're trying to tell me Twenty One Pilots is good and that I have awful taste because I don't like them? I'm sort of confused.

He would have went full Michael Moore

But everyone knows what Alex Jones thinks about Nyne Elevin.

That's because you never stop moving your goalposts

What goalposts?? Am I being trolled? If I'm being trolled I'll accept that I was stupid enough to bite, but I'm so confused.