AVATAR sequels to begin filming in August

independent.co.uk/arts-entertainment/films/news/avatar-2-release-date-trailer-filming-avatar-3-avatar-4-avatar-5-james-cameron-a7554601.html

>Having been hard at work on its 'overwritten' sequels (his words) for six years now, James Cameron has finally completed work on all four follow-ups to 2009 box office record breaker Avatar.

>Cameras are set to begin rolling on Avatar 2 this August, kickstarting characters Jake (Sam Worthington) and Neytiri's (Zoe Saldana) “battle with humans.”

>The filmmaker told The Daily Beast: “The thing is, my focus isn’t on Avatar 2. My focus is on Avatar 2, 3, 4, and 5 equally. That’s exactly how I’m approaching it. They’ve all been developed equally. I’ve just finished the script to Avatar 5. I’m now starting the process of active prep. I’ll be working with the actors in the capture volume in August, so I’m booked in production every day between now and then.

>"Our volume is up and running, and everything is designed, and so we’re going full-guns right now. I feel like I’ve been let out of jail, because I’ve been in the writing cave for the last two years. I’m actually enjoying life. I don’t enjoy writing. I wouldn’t wish writing on a dog.”

>These Avatar sequels have been in the work ever since the first one was released, and it's been unclear when cinemagoers could expect the follow-up which is expected to be every bit the visual treat of the original.

>Following a spot of schedule rejigging, however, 20th Century Fox seem to have revealed when the sequel will land in cinemas: an untitled James Cameron project has been pencilled in for 20 December 2018.

>It would make sense for this to be Avatar 2 considering the first one was given a Christmas release back in 2009.

BEGIN? I THOUGHT THIS SHIT WAS MEANT TO COME OUT THIS YEAR

WHAT THE FUCK

Why is James Cameron wasting his time on this shit?

I get he was never a great director but still

I didn't like the first movie that much, but I'm interested in seeing what James Cameron has planned for a five-film franchise about it.

Imagine if Avatar 2 bombs.

It was, but Cameron got delayed writing the sequels.

He's filming them all simultaneously

Some people have really grand hobbies.

>Cameron has the balls to question Ridley on doing another Alien film while making 4 Avatar sequels.
>James Cameron voiced his support for Terminator Genisys. Describing it as respectful to the first two films, Cameron said he felt like "the franchise has been reinvigorated".
What a hack.

I hope humanity actually wins this time

Fuck the blue lanklets

>He's also doing another Terminator.

I hope cameroon creates a new figurehead of humanity who looks like mr drumpf lol he's orange

Will Jim be doing any last minute rewrites to include a critique of Trump?

>final movie to be released in 2023

>Avatar 2, 3, 4, 5

Really?

Does the story really contain enough material to sustain 4 more films?

Whats going to happen?
The humans come back to reclaim their mining and the native kick them out?
And then what happens? The same again for 3 more films?

>Dances with Wolves in Space 2

10 years for a fucking sequel. 10 FUCKING YEARS!
This fucking retard still believes that anyone is interested in space dindus? Fuck Cameron.

>civil war
>underwater shit
>outer space shit
>taking them back to earth
>other shit

look what the did with the planet of the apes movies. they made like 50 of those

If it was ANY other director I would be worried as fuck. Avatar doesn't need a sequel let alone 4.

But this mother fucker gave us Aliens and Terminator 2. Guy knows how to make put together a sequel.

where's abatap at? he'd love this thread

>August
Jesus fucking Christ.
Any hype I had is gone.
I'll be old as fuck when this shit finally comes out.

Is Abatap actually dead or is he going to make a comeback when this comes out?

>Avatar 2 is a massive box office flop
>In the middle of production of Avatar 4

3D TV's have been declared officially dead. Cameron is far too late.

It won't matter if Avatar 2 makes money or doesn't. The first movie grossed 2,7 billion dollars, and James Cameron put part of the profits into a fund that has grown so big that all the four sequels can be produced with that money. He doesn't even need to break even with these sequels, he's already rolling in cash and can afford to produce them all.

STAR WARS MANBABIES ON SUICIDE WATCH, SUPERIOR FRANCHISE COMING THROUGH

Seriously though I hope the Avatar franchise is about Humans being huge corporate dicks bombing anyone who prevents them from doing business rather than a franchise about giant blue cats doing random shit

t. manlet

oldfag confirmed

Remember Battle Angel Alita?

Please fuck my eyeballs again, Mr. Cameron.

Ancient evils

remember pocahontas?

>>Cameras are set to begin rolling on Avatar 2 this August, kickstarting characters Jake (Sam Worthington) and Neytiri's (Zoe Saldana) “battle with humans.”
Fuck it's going to be about those ugly navis again. Interest ruined, humans were so much cooler

directed by Robert Rodriguez, produced by Cameron, main lead already cast.

What if the huge tree grants bio-mechs to the blue niggys so they can fight the upcoming invasion?

It will matter if theatres refuse to screen the films. If the earlier sequels bomb, they won't want to know about the later ones.

It's called 'Avatar'.
I expect the sequels will heavily feature Avatars, which are blue cat aliens.

Isn't the Avatar program made to "transform" humans into whatever species they want? The giant cats are the navis not the "avatars"

Avatar 4: Number one selling straight-to-DVD movie ever

Avatar 5: Number one high budget but released for free movie of all time

What could Cameron possibly come up with to make people give a shit about FOUR sequels?

With Avatar 1 Cameron fooled people into believing it's going to be a technological revolution. That's why so many people went to see it.

He thought about making the sequels watchable in 3D without glasses, but there's no news that he's actually done it, and even if he did, that might not be enough.

Yes but I doubt they'll go that route. Expect more blue natives.

Avatar 2: Humans invade again, smurfs win but Evilman McTrump kidnaps Neytiri at the end of the movie

Avatar 3: Jake Sully and co have to travel to earth. Big magical tree gives them super fast 100% vegan bio spaceship. They arrive to planet, become part of the resistance against Evilman McTrump. Sully finally finds out where Neytiri is.

Avatar 4: Sully gets to Neytiri but she turns out to be brainwashed and evil, they fight and shit and she becomes normal again.

Avatar 5: Straight to DVD movie where they fight the big archenemy, win, earth is green again and everyone is tolerant

I hope the humans just nuke the shit out of the cuck world and make it about something less gay

>6+ years of Plinkett reviews

I don't remember a single scene from avatar

>Cameronfags will defend the 10 sequels and resulting milking despite the first one being a massive marketing scam and a very forgetable movie

yeah suuuuuuuuure

we've been spoonfed this shit since 2009

>humans come back with avatar soldiers of all different alien species
Calling it now, they'll do it purely for the toys

>ctrl-f abatap
>3 matches

I'm glad there were some. I'm glad I'm not the only idiot who is still on this board form that time.

Nothing really. Cinemas don't have any other gimmicks beyond 3D

>Writing and filming four movies simultaneously

This sounds like it'll be a massive clusterfuck

Fuck all of you, I liked Avatar.

Same. Really looking forward to these.

You would be hard pressed to find a major blockbuster with less rewatchability than Avatar.

I liked the action. Was kind of lame how an army with gunships and mechs fitted with 37mm cannons lost to 'The wildlife' though

Seeing the glass half full instead of half empty : writing the 4 movies at the same time make for less plot holes since the story is fresh in Cameron's mind.

Sup Forums likes to pick on Star Wars for the inconsistencies between the trilogies

Sup Forums is traditionally pro-Avatar, I don't know how or why that changed.

and Sup Forums hates it, curious isn't it?

The only way to be more interesting than Star Wars is if Mr. Cameron makes some space marine kino. None of that hippies are awesome shit. Or make the hippies evil protagonists. I want Reddit to be nervous about the movie like they are nervous about the Gibson Vaughn cop movie.

The reason/explanation why the humans lost the battle was perfectly acceptable within the universe of the movie. Hundreds if not thousands of alien dragons started attacking all the gunships and all the land beasts attacked as well. It's not like the humans would have lost before Eywa decided to fuck them up. Literally the intervention of the planet's god was necessary to defeat the humans. I don't see that as a cop-out to make the bad guys lose. Never bothered me. Now if the humans would have lost without that, that would have sucked.

>Or make the hippies evil protagonists
It's better if they're the good guys and get their shit pushed in by the humans

Because Sup Forums is mostly contrarian. Even to their own previously stated opinions.

Independence Day Resurgence
Captain America Civil War
Suicide Squad
X-Men Apocalypse
Jason Bourne
Doctor Strange
Rogue One
Hacksaw Ridge

It's been 7 years...

Sounds like Cameron has fully succumbed to his own megalomania.

Whom the gods wish to destroy, they first make mad ...

And still nobody can top the cgi

Looking forward to this!

James Cameron about to school everybody on how to make a "cinematic universe".

Marvel and disney will copy him for years to come after this

So he's filming these like Jackson filmed LOTR?

>I’m actually enjoying life. I don’t enjoy writing. I wouldn’t wish writing on a dog

kinda worried he hated writing because it's shit

I unironically agree with you about the CGI, of course it's not perfect but it still looks so damn good

TWO THOUSAND AND NINE (2009)

>was kinda lame how an army with helicopters and napalm bombers lost to a bunch of rice farmers

How many of these themes will be in the movie?

>native genocide
>evil technology
>feminism
>evil whitey
>evil rich whiteys

James Camerons movies are all the same at this point

You think the CGI looks good? It looks like a retarded Pixar movie.

Daily reminder

But yeah, Avatar did look beautiful.

Imagine if he made four sequels to The Abyss

>muh disney are the best
lmao the shilling is real

Not all the halo games have a halo in them
Not all the Twilight moves take place at dusk

Where did I imply that you illiterate cuntbag?

everybody hates writing

your post reeked of it. back to your marvel threads

Take your meds you fucking sperg

You're not wrong

Even though I didn't like Avatar I still kind of like it.

youve been rumbled, as always.

>you will never have the reputation and respect necessary for people to give you millions of dollars in funding to make four films at once without seeing how each one pans out

>>>>>>final
the ride will never end buddy

>2009 film still has the best CGI
>2007 video game still has the best graphics
>1995 cartoon and 2009 anime still have the best animation

Where did it all go so wrong?

shut the fuck up retard

>getting this upset people like Avatar
I wonder who you work for

>one of the sequels will feature a politician who wants to "make Earth great again"
I'd bet money on this

So...when do the re-writes start?

>2010
>7 years ago
Time really does make fools of us all

>2009 was 8 years ago, not 2
What the actual fuck? What even happened in the years 2011-2016?

some black guy ruined everything, it was terrible.

Enjoy yourself,
It's later than you think,
Enjoy yourself,
While you're still in the pink ...

Plot wise it sucked, but they so expertly blended the CGI and live action scenes, new when NOT to use CGI, and the world was so fucking well built that I thoroughly enjoyed it.

I'm looking forward to the sequels.

Can't corner the DORNER

Jeffrey Dormer didn't do nothing wrong tbf

>2007 video game still has the best graphics
GTAV

>GTA V
was made for consoles first.

Only game which had the potential to BTFO Crysis was the original build of Witcher 3. The downgrade will never be forgiven.

>dat scene where you saw her nips for one glorious brief second

I just replayed Mario sunshine which was 2001 or 2002 and I still think it looked great. The only people that care about "EPIC GRAFIX" are kids that were born in 2003. The jump from PS2 to PS3 was pants shittingly awesome, now everything has sort of plateaued

>was made for consoles first
So what? It looks better than crysis