/who/ - Doctor Who General - Mommy Who Edition

It's better we get a nice lady like Eva Green in the role or we riot

Last thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

instagram.com/p/BQAp4Rcjs8S/
youtube.com/watch?v=Sdqcmqfhciw
spiked-online.com/newsite/article/make-doctor-who-a-black-woman-please-dont/19411
twitter.com/wayneche/status/827519446810030080
youtube.com/watch?v=NUVfLZB761A
youtube.com/watch?v=ROtEOGL9FJw
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Only problem with Eva Green is that Tim Burton might want to direct or write an episode or two.

Otherwise, she's a great choice.

>Peter Capaldi's done it. Paul McGann's done it. And now Mark Gatiss has offered his support for the campaign to have a female Doctor lead the charge in the 11th series of the Doctor Who revival.
>Within hours of Capaldi announcing his departure from the show, fans were already speculating about whether or not the 13th Doctor could be a woman – and Gatiss told Simon Mayo he thinks it'd be "fantastic".
>"I think it’d be really good for the show" he told Mayo on his BBC Radio 2 show. "It’s been back for 12 years which means it’s not the new kid on the block anymore, it’s not a revival, it’s been back for a long time."
>"It’s the sort of thing that would bring an amazing new audience to it," Gatiss continued, "I think it’d be fantastic. But who knows, it’s up to Chris Chibnall."

>Gatiss admitted he knew Capaldi's exit was coming, but didn't realise he'd hear about it on Jo Whiley's show.
>"I was very sad because I think he’s been absolutely brilliant," he said, "but I guess he’s going with Steven Moffatt so there’s a sort of symmetry to it, isn’t there?"
>And as for Gatiss, will he continue to write for Who when Moffatt leaves?
>"I don't know. I don’t live in Cardiff and I don’t have a permanent position around the table," Gatiss explained. "It’s one of those moments, you don’t know what’s happening".

RIP Gatiss Who

Why does Gatiss want a female Doctor? Because he's going to show up at Chibnall's office in his Val Denton getup and say, "I hear you're looking for a lady to play the Doctor?" And then she'll squeeze the Devil's Toad to guarantee she gets her heart's desire, and Chibnall will suddenly decide yes, Gatiss in drag is the new Doctor.

No fuck off

>Chibnall casts the best Doctor ever
>It's a man. The show is adored and gets x2 the viewers.
>Gatiss is ERASED and there's a live reveal show hosted by Zoe Ball where Gareth Roberts is revealed as a returning writer

Imagine if Chibnall's first season is 100% all new writers, that would be pretty exciting.

They should accept fan script submissions. If they want to kill the show.

>Gareth Roberts is revealed as a returning writer
why would anybody want that

Do not excite me like that, Eva Green as the doctor sounds like a dream.

>Eva Green as the doctor sounds like a dream.
why?

>tfw you thought Tasha Lem was Eva Green since you saw half of the Penny Dreadful cast in Doctor Who
>tfw you thought she was the real semen demon from the doctor

>those seductive eyes
>her british accent
>she's good when changing genre roles in movies and series
>her whole classic british clothes in Penny Dreadful
>the lewd sexual tension with a shota companion

What if Moffat's big twist is that Missy is not the Master at all but the 13th Doctor...?

>What if Moffat's big twist is that Missy is not the Master at all but the 13th Doctor...?
Carry On Doctor Who. "I thought the Earth moved when we kissed, but it was just the Blinovitch Limitation Effect."

I relay like Eva Green.
this guy gets it.

would be really terrible, even for moffat's standards

>tfw an episode of Missy visiting the mommy doctor in century 19 and both share the tea time together with those high sexual impact violence and adventure
>Missy all mad that she looks older than the doctor, both bitting themselves in a grumpy way

Jesus, Michelle Gomez and Eva Green, what a dream.

Wonder how they'll announce the new Doctor?

A live show?
A confidential?
A Twitter announcement?

instagram.com/p/BQAp4Rcjs8S/

!!!

I like the idea of doing it on the radio, Jo Whiley interviewx Olivia Coleman or something about Broadchurch and then...

Maybe a live show, they invite Tennant, Smith and Capaldi to discuss how was it to act and live as the Doctor then Billie Piper, Jenna Coleman to discuss along with them and then in the last minutes of the show they ask to the actor/actress to appear in front of the cameras

"13th Doctor....REVEAL YOURSELF!"

*Mark Gatiss walks onto stage to the sound of a thousand boos*

13th will be black. I'm calling it now.

>Gareth Roberts is revealed as a returning writer

Gareth detected

yfw Mother of Dragons is New Who

>yfw The Mother of Evil is New Who

Just got word that Doctor Who Magazine, due out on the 9th, went to the printers on the 27th, so it won't be covering either Hurt's death or Capaldi's departure

It'll be a rushed out youtube video filmed in McGanns basement set.

Unless they knew in advance

>Capaldi regenerates
>slowly the regeneration energy starts to fade out
>we see different parts of the new Doctor
>Capaldi's white hair is replaced by long curly blonde hair
>his chest has grown and we now see the shape of firm round breasts
>it's a woman
>camera slowly pans up
>introducing Mark Gatiss as the Doctor

"The Davies-era production-team has, for the last four years, insisted that an audience "needs" a connection with the modern world in order for SF to function. It believes this because it comes from a bizarre parallel universe where Star Wars isn't the most popular movie ever made."

He wrote this 9 years ago and it's still a fucking problem. Also

"only a competent scriptwriting team could ensure that, and in the Age of Chibnall, even competence is a precious commodity"

"it's no coincidence that the tabloid criticism of Martha eased off after "Human Nature", one of the scripts that doesn't treat her as a cartoon teenager who says things like 'no way!' every thirty seconds. I'm lookin' at you now, Gareth."

I wonder what Miles would say about Gareth now in light of recent events

Introducing boobs as the Doctor

If there was a female Doctor and she shagged one of the previous Doctors, could she have her own paradox-child?

screencap this ,next doctor incoming (on the left)

Do Timelords even reproduce the same way as humans though?

safe to assume they do, Moffat and RTD didn't exactly adapt looms or anything.

This might sound fan-ficy but I would like it they reproduced via pods and genetic engineering, similar to the film Gattaca. I would fit with their strict society. You could even impy that something went wrong with the Doctor and perhaps thats why he never fit in.

It's... a very long story. They didn't for millennia but apparently Leela and Andred had a kid and changed the way it works.

Comfy tv this
I miss Camille

Good choice imo, but there'd be too many screams of "Nooooo....not ANOTHER white male Doctor" from the pro-diversity mob.

>Tim Burton might want to direct or write an episode or two.
What's wrong with Tim Burton?

>Mark Gatiss walks onto stage to the sound of a thousand boos
This would be fucking great

>implying the BBC could afford her

Too big a star now. Coincidentally, she was in a film with Matt Smith a few years back. youtube.com/watch?v=Sdqcmqfhciw

I'd unironically love this. A great actor that can do both comedy and tragedy, and has that weird 'alien' look.

It's not going to be a woman. I can guarantee this. They wouldn't risk it given the current state of the show.

Might be for the one after though.

/who/ BTFO

>Predictable as ever, Doctor’, says the Master in the Doctor Who episode ‘The Deadly Assassin’. In a similar vein, the Guardian has followed the announcement that Peter Capaldi is leaving the series with not one but two articles about how the new Doctor must be a woman, black or preferably both. Because white males are boring! After all, it’s 2017. As the Hitler Youth said to the 19th-century humanists: ‘We don’t think like that anymore.’

spiked-online.com/newsite/article/make-doctor-who-a-black-woman-please-dont/19411

>the current state of the show.

Might not still be the mega hit in the UK that it was towards the end of Tennant's run, but it remains one of Britain's most watched dramas, and the last series was hugely praised by critics.

The real problem with Doctor Who has nothing to do with the gender or race of its actors. As Nicholas Barber notes in The Economist, the contemporary trend is for fictional universes to shrink around the private lives of their characters. Star Wars, James Bond and Sherlock have all lost whatever ambition they might once have had, and have turned into glorified family soap operas. Doctor Who has also been showing strong tendencies in this direction, with the parentage of River Song being a particularly drawn-out, dull and self-involved storyline.

Fact.

>channeling Tom Baker intensifies

Where's Immigrant? I want to see him get triggered by the author's superior vocabulary and writing ability.

>the parentage of River Song being a particularly drawn-out, dull and self-involved storyline.

Erm. I started watching DW during series 5, and this storyline was what drew me into watching the show.

Once hooked, then caught up with all previous nuWho series, and many of the older series.

>this storyline was what drew me into watching the show
This has to be bait.

The Doctor dances.

And they're all shit. So your excitement would be short-lived.

>I'M. SHAKING MY BOOTY! *PHRRRRRRRRRRRRRTTTTTTTTTTTT!!!!!!*

Nardole is an anagram for A Lone Dr.

;^)

New Doctor, coming through

Is this definite proof she's retarded?

twitter.com/wayneche/status/827519446810030080

Go rash b cyka blyat.

>twitter.com/wayneche/status/827519446810030080
She fucking annoys me. She blabbers on half the time about how white people are the literal Devil. I bet my money shes a fat welsh girl who hates le patriarchy and whitemen.

How the fuck did Nardole become so likable, I want him in every series 10 episode now! wtf I love Nardole now. What happened?

"You're right, Adam. He really is utterly pathetic."

He is in every S10 episode according to Moffat

God, those things are gloriously milky.
I would never stop fapping to a Hayley Atwell Doctor.

Apparently in one of the shooting scripts for Sherlock series 3, Moffat almost actually spoiled Euros a whole three years in advance

She is fat
and white
but not welsh

Do you think Adam has photoshops of himself with all the Doctors in their prime. Sorta like a Clara echo

Pics?

>not wanting Doctor Hayley
Didn't know there were so many fags on Sup Forums desu

This is correct

He was just so stellar in the christmas special.

stop obsessing over twitter

>Star Wars, James Bond and Sherlock have all lost whatever ambition they might once have had, and have turned into glorified family soap operas
>implying James Bond was ever ambitious
>implying Star Wars hasn't been a family soap opera since Episode VI

>you get to bring Eccleston and a side character for a 3 part episode

What do you do

Alternate universe 9th Doctor episode where Lynda Moss is the companion.

They fall through a crack in time and meet 12 and Nardole. Cyberman story, Nardole ends up getting upgraded.

>Episode VI
Now tell us the family soap opera parts in this, apart from 10 mins of Luke's Aunt and Uncle.

I, for one, am in love with Doctor Hayley already.

Same user as Not bait. Series 5 was 1st one I watched.The River Song character intrigued me.

That's the wrong Mommy Who, OP.

hayley atwell won't be the 13th doctor, the odds of it being your chose is just unlikely, don't get your hopes it.

>Capaldi left weak and has no choice but to regenerate
>Missy tries to sabotage it
>they fight
>end up fusing
>becomes Hayley
>and a red head

youtube.com/watch?v=NUVfLZB761A

13th Doctor!

>Don't get your hopes up
Too late.

youtube.com/watch?v=ROtEOGL9FJw

Chibnall cyberman plotline leaked

>eccleston was the best doctor
you can actually find some people who agree with that.

I think mainly because there were not enough room for error with his 1 season Doctor, all of it was his highlight reel, the subject was too small to compare to the other ones so most people will view him as positive

>tfw stalking so much you become Tom Baker

>10 mins of Luke's Aunt and Uncle.
You dyslexic m8? I said 6, not 4.

I know someone who has Eccs as a favorite.

Me

Do you think he'll ever come back? Maybe for the 60th?

I don't think so. I sort of like it better that way. He's getting older.

Although, I wish he would do Audio Dramas.

Guys Moffats going to do it isn't he? he's going to do a RTD Fanwank series 10 Finale and bring back all his characters, Captain Jack, 11, River, Amy and Rory, Tasha Lem, Clara and Ashildr.

No it will be a social commentary season with heavy handed messages about acceptance, equality and unity.

>we used to talk about doctor who here
>now it's all retards shitposting some random skank

Has she done any youtube "hand expression" vids yet?