How is it that Tom Hardy is literally infallible?

How is it that Tom Hardy is literally infallible?
I’ve not seen one performance in which he does not own his character
…and Taboo is nothing short of brilliant!

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=o8dzTzhvvgA
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

He's always the same though

I dunno man, he's playing slightly more talkative Mad Max. The show seemed promising but I'm not sure anymore(after ep.4)

Watch Locke. It's literally all Tom, all the time.

This, he's way more interesting there. Hell, he has a better character in Inception.
>Taboo
pretty much the same ol'Hardy.

He's been playing the same character in every movie and tv show he's been in.

He is good though, i do enjoy him ;)

I found Locke a bit too claustrophobic

I don't see that, he always affects a different accent [The Revenant was a bit much, I only understood every 3rd word] & his mannerisms are always different.

What about Ep.4 turned you off? He plays the Crown against the E.E.Co. to rescue his step-mother, sets up an elaborate Salt Peter heist & the cliffhanger ends with his brother-in-law challenging him to a duel... what's not to like?

"Filler" episode for me. They didn't show anything new, just delayed what have been set up previously:
>his beef with brother-in-law, everyone trying to kill him, how much he wants to fuck his sister(great vodoo-sex scene though).
The cinematography and acting is 4/5-5/5 in this show, don't get me wrong. It's just somehow slow-paced and get some really cheesy lines.
From previous episoed:
>His brother-in-law:"You should call him a nigger!"(Or something like that)
Why? Because he's thought to be dead army officer that came back after 10 years in Africa?
You know, it's just my opinion man.

You're a bit more of a discerning viewer than I. Perhaps I'm so enamoured with Hardy, that I'm blinded to the faults in & around him. I take it, however, that you still plan on watching the entirety of the mini-series?

[unintelligible mumbling]

He plays the same type of character well. It will get old eventually.

>handsome
>rich
>all ladies want to fuck him
>just happens to inherit most valuable small piece of land
>knows black magic and divination
>smart enough to fool two of the most powerful entities around
>able to survive blunt trauma to the head and stabbings in an age where everything and everyone is literally covered in shit

Literally a Gary-Stu.

OP, Shalom! OP? Shalom, OP!

"But I hope that you have seen" *holds up hand* *looks intently into other character's eyes then is distracted and sort of winces, fluttering his eyes* *lets out slight grunting sound* *double bass in the background* *stands up, sweeping his coat* *knocks over kettle on the ground* "Who scheming dog put this here?" *rolls out of door*

Sure thing I'm going to watch it. What I didn't add also is that pilot episode was concentrated on his past, paranormal abilities("I heard my father calling me at the river"), his mom being native american, etc. That was cool as fuck and intrguing. Now it's more around whole trading company vs UK vs USA vs Delaney thing. Wish they would tell more about what happened to him in Africa.

Me too, I'm hoping in the final 4 episodes they get to the whole "What happened to James in Africa". The scene in the pilot where he talks to the giant dead African set up way too much intrigue that they've yet to explore in the following 3 episodes...

bain?

It will be something about slaves and why the company shipped them when the bos said they didn't and how what was the reason for him to stay in Africa for as much as 10 years.

*grunts softly*

Oh shit, ya got me, that's clever as fuck!

Kek

>hasn't seen Bronson
>hasn't seen Locke

Sure, but what happened to him when he went native in Africa? We've only caught glimpses of his transformation in the 1814 present.

Is Peaky blinders worth watching?

Yes, it seems like authors got caught in this new trend of "no flashbacks" when it's obvious that it's the biggest reason why people would like to see this show. But hey, only 4 episodes so far, I may be wrong.

If you liked Boardwalk Empire you will like Peaky Blinders. I like PB better.

>ARFUH

youtube.com/watch?v=o8dzTzhvvgA

Starting to care less and less as it goes on. The Africa shit is really interesting, the weird voodoo occultism shit in the first episodes hooked me, but 3 was filler and 4 was full on modernized TV edginess.

They might not show what happened in Africa, not all of it anyways. There's most likely going to be a season 2 so they don't want to show everything.

>There's most likely going to be a season 2

For what purpose? I really hope this is a self contained story.

Not sure but hardy was quoted saying he plans to have 3 seasons atleast.

I understand wanting to know more, but like it so often is - the mystery of it is much more powerful then the reveal could ever be. So I think we should only find out slowly - hopefully if this show gets a few more seasons. Currently it is only planned for s1 though so we may see a full ep on it.

>cement