Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=aVMq7ynj_64
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

horrible

HP has more bad movies than good, all three LOTR are good
checkmate

Rings>>>>>>>>>>>>>Potter=Thrones

youtube.com/watch?v=aVMq7ynj_64

>yfw LOTR DVD extras have more soul and emotion than all the Harry Potter movies and the whole Game of Thrones series altogether

Dude, I don't even like Lotr, but liked the first season of got, and even I can tell that lotr is a better movie

Rings > Star Wars > Potter
Thrones isn't even fantasy so doesn't count

"No!"

D

Rings>>>>>>>>Potter>>>>>>>>Thrones

All of it is bad and you should feel even worse.
>"Nerd culture is the product of a late capitalist conspiracy, designed to infantalize the consumer as a means of non-aggressive control."
- Simon Pegg
>"The movies are for children but they don't want to admit it. There's a small group of fans that do not like comic sidekicks. They want the films to be tough like The Terminator and they get very upset and opinionated about anything that has anything to do with being childlike."
- George Lucas
>"SW ate the heart and the soul of Hollywood. It created the big-budget comic book mentality."
- P. Schrader
>"A 12yo boy told me proudly that he had seen SW over a 100 times? I said 'could you promise never to see it again?' He burst into tears. I just hope the lad, now in his 30s, isn't living in a fantasy world of secondhand childish banalities"
- Alec Guinness
>"I don't think they are making [comic book movies] an elevated art form, I think it's still just Batman running around in a stupid cape. It's for kids, it's adolescent in its core."
- David Cronenberg
>"I don't want to see or make films about super heroes that fly around in spandex and a cape solving the problems of the world. I think it's fine for children, children of all ages by the way, but it's not for me."
- W. Friedkin
>“They have been poison, this cultural genocide, Because the audience is so overexposed to plot and explosions and shit that doesn’t mean nothing about the experience of being human.”
- A. Iñárritu
>"Superman makes me vomit, Batman and all of that. That whole empire, this religion... It is so important that superheroes suffer... I don't give a damn, I shit on the United States."
- A. Jodorowsky
>"To my mind, this embracing of what were unambiguously children's characters at their mid-20th century inception seems to indicate a retreat from the admittedly overwhelming complexities of modern existence"
- Alan Moore

Ring>>Potter>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Thrones

All three are shit. That goes for the books as well.

Rings fags are easily the biggest bellends though, they act like tolkien was a literary genius.

Potter: Children's books, good movies considering what it is.

Rings: Great books, cinematic masterpieces.

Game of Thrones: Shit books, even worse show.

In some ways he was. He literally created an entire mythology of his own, one that didn't fucking suck. Do you know of all the things that have been influenced by his work?

why am i crying watching this

But they aren't wrong, and if not a genius then a massive innovator at least.

user, pls stop

where is the dullest franchise guy?

He was though, he created a literary classic from high fantasy. That doesn't happen often.

He created arguably the most expansive fanatsy universe of all time whilst holding down a full time job over a 12 year period. George can't even write 2 of his shitty fanflicks in that time.
Not to mention he literally created new languages on the side.

>HP: ok books, good movies
>LotR: great books, great movies
>GoT: shit movies, ok show

Easy.

Lord of the Rings was Tolkien's attempt at making a brand new myth (or series of myths) made in the same mode as classical pre-Christian tales, written by someone intimately familiar with linguistics and history, more or less as a fun pastime for himself. If you're familiar with the forms of story-telling in Celtic and Norse myth, and then go read LOTR, it's shocking how much the latter feels like it could be a legitimate lost tale from the same culture and time period. That's the "magic" of the books. Jackson used that as a jumping off point to create a really well-acted, well-directed action adventure series that grasps scale on a level not typically seen in hollywood films.

Harry Potter is a pleasant children's fantasy series adapted into an incredibly generic series of adventure movies. Everything is so dour and blase in those movies. But they're decent for what they are, even if I can't remember the plots like several days after watching them.

GOT is legitimately garbage though, you're right to place it last. It's a shitty soap opera that relies on shock value. The whole saga is moved along by gratuitous gore and sexual violence. Nothing actually happens to the characters from an internal characterization perspective, everything is violence being predicated by violence that goes on to generate more violence; and the real meat of the show isn't even the show itself, but all the shitty speculation about WHO WILL DIE IN THE NEXT EPISODE!?!? So in reality, /got/ is the actual "show", and the series being played on air is just there for /got/ to discuss.

Rings > Thrones > the dullest franchise in the history of movie franchises.

Seriously each episode following the boy wizard and his pals from Hogwarts Academy as they fight assorted villains has been indistinguishable from the others. Aside from the gloomy imagery, the series’ only consistency has been its lack of excitement and ineffective use of special effects, all to make magic unmagical, to make action seem inert.

Perhaps the die was cast when Rowling vetoed the idea of Spielberg directing the series; she made sure the series would never be mistaken for a work of art that meant anything to anybody?just ridiculously profitable cross-promotion for her books. The Harry Potter series might be anti-Christian (or not), but it’s certainly the anti-James Bond series in its refusal of wonder, beauty and excitement. No one wants to face that fact. Now, thankfully, they no longer have to.

>a-at least the books were good though
"No!"
The writing is dreadful; the book was terrible. As I read, I noticed that every time a character went for a walk, the author wrote instead that the character "stretched his legs."

I began marking on the back of an envelope every time that phrase was repeated. I stopped only after I had marked the envelope several dozen times. I was incredulous. Rowling's mind is so governed by cliches and dead metaphors that she has no other style of writing. Later I read a lavish, loving review of Harry Potter by the same Stephen King. He wrote something to the effect of, "If these kids are reading Harry Potter at 11 or 12, then when they get older they will go on to read Stephen King." And he was quite right. He was not being ironic. When you read "Harry Potter" you are, in fact, trained to read Stephen King.

No

there you go

terrible attempt at a pasta, itl never take off

I can't OP I'm actually surprised someone here has taste.

Every single HP is good besides goblet

sure it wont

How many times are you going to post this. It was true about the hobbit and game of thrones but not HP. I bet you never even watched the behind the scenes od HP. I love lotr but you're wrong, memer.

Potter>>>>>>>Rings>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Star Wars

And I'm a big SW fan

all three books are in shit tier tho

You're wrong, though I don't think this argument can really go anywhere since it's pretty subjective

LOTR > Harry Sharter > GOT

fixed

Because it was made for something more and not a disgusting lifeless chink pandering trash product like HP

I'm not wron and you haven't answered my question have you seen the detail in pre and post production? It was a decade long and like lotr will never happen at that scale again. You can't say love wasn't put into it. Again i love LOTR but you're clearly biased in shrugging off Potter. Which is fine if you wanna be that guy. They filmed the first two, the second two and the last three all back to back.

Harry Potter has way more kinos in the franchise than LOTR. It's that simple.

Both are for children. Both are great.

Literally any movie > a tv production

>LOTR >>>>> Harry Sharter = GOT
Real fixed

This

fuckin lost

thanks

i dont get it

I'm guessing you didn't count The Clone Wars?

I'm not the guy you were talking to at first, but yes I have. I just prefer LotR, as you prefer HP

Cinematic Adaptations:

Rings>>>> Harry Potter >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Game of Thrones.

Books:

Rings >>> Power gap >>> Game of Thrones >>> Power Gap >>> Harry Potter.

Prove me wrong

>Star Wars

Have you ever cut yourself with that edge?

>Thrones isn't fantasy
>dragons, magic, undead, fantasy races

Yeah, it's completely realistic.

Simon Pegg, aka the guy who has his entire life/career to thank for nerd culture.

exchange your tampons more often

Star wars is shite

>51 replies

decent b8 m80

Lotr >> Potta => Thrones season 1 and 2>>>>>>>>>>dog shit >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Shit Wars

Harry potter is the best

Not bait, just patrician taste

imagine having taste this shit
where your entire "cinematic" life is nothing but entry level pleb culture shit

'loud' is a term used in some areas for good weed. the kid's head is weed.

100% accurate

Imagine being this mad people have happier lives than you

Conan, the Barbarian > LotR >>> HP > GoT

Kino
FOTR TTT
1 2 3 6 7
I II III

Cinema
ROTK
V IV

Film
4 8
IV

Movie
VI

Flick
VII

Been smoking weed for almost 20 years across 5 different states and have never once heard this term used by anyone.

>GoT starts off subverting expectations and delivering some great mysteries and plot twists
>devolves into fan pandering, magic solves everything, characters can teleport across westeros in the space of a scene, predictable and uninspired pop-culture writing