RIP IMDb message boards

RIP IMDb message boards

imdb.com/board/announcement

>We have decided to disable IMDb’s message boards on February 20, 2017. This includes the Private Message system. After in-depth discussion and examination, we have concluded that IMDb’s message boards are no longer providing a positive, useful experience for the vast majority of our more than 250 million monthly users worldwide.

Although it's been mostly shit for at least the last few years (I bet by 'no longer positive' they probably mean all the trolls and angry arguments), it's kind of sad, since I've had some use for it throughout the years. Honestly there are no other places like it.

F

Other urls found in this thread:

imdb.com/user/ur61969395/
imdb.com/user/ur35617211/
imdb.com/user/ur29182716
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

LOL RIP in fucking pieces TheChamCham

The reviews are the only useful part, hope they go unmolested

Oh no how sad.

It was literally the hell of the Internet.

How long before chink moot does the same to this board?

My mom will be upset by this. So I am mad at IMDb

>literally the hell of the Internet.
the mainstream movies/actors pages maybe. the rest was left untouched by shit, mostly. a few of the boards were fairly good. sadly gone downhill over the years though.

F

Sup Forums and /film/ split is the only thing I can see him doing in the foreseeable future.

wtf i love imdb now

Did he trigger you?

man, that sucks. they should just have done a better job moderating the boards, as they really have devolved in recent years into a lot of shitposting nonsense, trolls, and really dumb people. sucks, but once upon a time the boards were a cool spot to read other people's perspectives and opinions about films. then the imbeciles took over. kind of reminds me of Sup Forums, honestly.

>imdb spergs will come here to vent their anger now

Literally!

Never even knew they had message boards.

How patrician am I?

The message boards were fun. You could copy texts from there and post them on here. I made Sup Forums autists respond to ten-year old IMDB message board posts and they never seemed to realize it.

the politics board rose to be by far the most popular board on the site.

now you know why they chose to close down, it became a flooded sewer.

Good
The message boards were awful. The level of trolling, shitposting and contrarianism was literally worse than Sup Forums

unsurprising. politics discussion ruins every online community it infects

That's what I do for most of my spam. Fuck now what am I going to do

They delete all their archives like assholes anyway

>I made Sup Forums autists respond to ten-year old IMDB message board posts and they never seemed to realize it.
and that's some kind of fucking achievement? congrats, you're an imbecile.

What about goofs and Q@A and trivia fuck you IMDB

good, it was a complete cesspool

>posted to Chris Marker page asking where to see his films because I couldn't find them.

>got a private message with DL links to Mega week later.

this was a nice place...

How will boomers talk about film now?

where will TheChamCham go to shitpost?

People still shitposted on imdb?

I thought they all moved to reddit, tumblr or something similar

90% of reviews are 1/10 or 10/10. They are useless.

You fags must have only visited the boards of the most popular and newest movies. Of course the boards would be shit. You could find real gems in the boards of other movies though

The casual shitposters moved on a while ago. The turbo autistic ones stayed.

>shitposted
that's the point. when i started using imdb about 14 years ago it was alright. over the years "shitposting" happened, people just venting their anger or trolling instead of taking things seriously.

I meant the writeups

here as usual

>gems

don't worry, you can find the same stuff on reddit

JUST

Mostly a great thing, since there isn't a movie with over 50k votes that doesn't have at least 5 of

>IT'S OVERRATED GUYS! WHY DO YOU LIKE IT? I DON'T LIKE IT! WHY DO PEOPLE LIKE IT!?

But sometimes under the piles of this shit there was some useful insight or explanation of scenes.

That's actually a bummer. Except for a few boards with really autistic people, the forums were great overall.

That's exactly what I thought

No, that's Youtube comments.

shame to see it go i always look at the message board of the movie i just watched

Lame.

The exact same shit happens here. Anything with popularity has at least five people going DUDE X LMAO or "This sucked compared to X". Meanwhile anything slightly older that's shit had threads going "This was actually an underrated classic 8/10". It's just different packaging

Which boards you guys used? I used the film general & movie awards board. post your profiles

imdb.com/user/ur61969395/

>i always look at the message board of the movie i just watched
This.

Reading the IMDb forums was always incredibly entertaining.

So they're trying to suppress the opinions of anyone that says something bad about SJW films?

imdb.com/user/ur35617211/

It doesn't ruin it unless the owners are marxist and can't handle the bantz.

faggot

imdb.com/user/ur29182716

yep

Will literally never happen newfag.

they need to pay kevin smith money

>Look up the guy who played the Soup Nazi
>Check the message board
>The actor is there discussing stuff with the users

>Watch The Invisible Man (1933)
>Check out the board
>An old man is there sharing his experience of watching it at the cinema in 1933

Yep, this sucks.

I came to Sup Forums when I want to watch a retarded shitshow of banter.

Zero desire to see that on imdb, youtube, economist, foreignpolicy, etc.

It will be like having two Sup Forumss only one of them with grumpy mods.

Our world is changing. The west is teetering towards civil war.

Politics is the most entertaining medium on the planet as of right now. You're just going to have to fucking deal with it faggot.

> Watch movie
> Go to IMDB to read the trivia and board after
> There's ALWAYS a thread saying it's the worst movie someone has ever seen

Literally every time, no matter what the movie.

IMDb ALWAYS had horrible mods. If your post was flagged, it was deleted. It didn't matter if it was on topic, if it wasn't offensive. If some faggot didn't like your post, the could report it and it would get deleted.

Based Don and Tom!

>RIP in fucking pieces
>Rest in Peace in fucking pieces

Retard.

This.

And the reasons were always because 'they didn't get it'.

>he's not also describing Sup Forums

You seriously just exposed yourself as being new.

>Watch new highly rated movie
>Go to IMDB to read the trivia and board after
>There's ALWAYS a thread whining it's rated higher than muh classics

They'll change their minds

Fuck off newfag

i wouldn't know. used the board for 14 years, posted quite a bit, never once got deleted.

maybe you're just insufferable.

I never posted on individual movie boards just the general ones.

t. Sup Forums

well i posted mostly on specific movies, didn't much care for the general ones.

>I was only pretending guys

le troled XD

kek

The problem with the general boards is that everyone had different opinions. You go to a specific board, and you're generally talking with like minded people about that movie. On the various general boards there were people who if you had a differing opinion... then they'd report you.

The message board was a shithole but once in a rare while there were some actually decent users that actually discuss movies there.

Though that was only for obscure movies with low ratings.

I guess IMDB is going to turn into shit like Mubi.

>> There's ALWAYS a thread saying it's the worst movie someone has ever seen

>just to prove you're exaggerating, went to Hail, Ceaser! that I just watched just to check, since I haven't seen anything like this an hour ago.

Wouldn't you fucking know it.

>make a comment on a tiny independent film on its message board
>one of the actors from it thanks you

I'll miss old IMDb

>mubi dead
>imdb dead
where am I supposed to go?
Reddit?
Letterbox is basically tumblr 2.0

> Watch movie
> go to IMDB to read the board and trivia
> the board is all people talking about how this movie sucks and disney movies make 10x more
> The trivia is all about linking the actors to disney movies

Reddit is shit. The whole voting thing just encourages circlejerking.

You can stay here

>Make an in-depth post criticizing anything
>"if u don't liek it don't watch it lolz"

Stop doing work for them.

>Within the United States itself, there is a need for the Russian special services and their allies “to provoke all forms of instability and separatism within the borders of the United States (it is possible to make use of the political forces of Afro-American racists)” (p. 248). “It is especially important,” Dugin adds, “to introduce geopolitical disorder into internal American activity, encouraging all kinds of separatism and ethnic, social and racial conflicts, actively supporting all dissident movements – extremist, racist, and sectarian groups, thus destabilizing internal political processes in the U.S. It would also make sense simultaneously to support isolationist tendencies in American politics…” (p. 367).

I kind of like that about IMDB.

It may not be them at all but some obscure actors from popular show/movies could pop up in the forums and shitposts or something

>click actor's page
>go to message board
>"IS HE GAY?" is the top thread

>You're an idiot if you like this movie!
>How come?
>It's bad!
>How? I liked this and that and such and such about it
>...fuck off ******!

Best thing was always to leave those threads alone though.

All the worthwhile threads were on older movies. New movies were full of people too insecure about their own opinions who shat on everyone else's.

>"Looks like"
>9 out of 10 names someone they look nothing like

Yeah I remember that shit was always on boards.

Ellen Page, John Travolta's, Tom Cruise's, Kevin Spacey's, and so on.

So when I watch a film, where am I supposed to go to see what people are saying about it and discussing the finer points? I know most threads in imdb are crap these days but once in a while there's some interesting discussion going on. What do I do now? (And don't say Sup Forums, because you kids only watch capeshit and meme kino)

Go to reddit, where you clearly belong.

> any date after 2015
> go to IMDB boards after watching movie
> top post is someone saying the movie is sexist, racist, etc.

ChamCham lives in our memories and screencaps

>Looks like...
>Did anyone else....
I hated these threads, where you had to open them to complete the sentence. And these 'Actor X looks like actor Y' threads were on every actor's page and were completely worthless.

>go to see what people are saying about it and discussing the finer points?

I don't know about "discussing" but you can go and type scenes from the movie on the youtube, or specifically ending of X, sometimes there is good stuff there.

Probably reddit. It's like IMDb: mostly shit but once in a while it comes together and works out. I like Sup Forums for all the retards and memes, but its nothing to take seriously. Reddit is the only alternative for discussions.

>Make an in-depth post criticizing anything
>"you didn't get it"

this is true, but you have to wade through page after page of "funny" jokes. just like reddit, the "best" posts takes precedence, but it's rarely true.

hate the reddit format; ditto for twitter

the internet is truly dying

Well, John Travolta is definitely gay.

nah, it's just stagnant
>tfw you will never experience the early days of internet again

every actor that he mentioned is